Corsi Mousehold

Ordo Meeting - 03APR10

~ORDO IMPERIALIS~

OFFICIAL DOCUMENT

<=====================Extend to this length=========================>

<===========================================================>

**********Meeting Report**********

NAME/RANK/DIVISION: Corsi Mousehold | E-6; Decurion | Antesignani

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE: 03APR10

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT: General topics

SUMMARY: Ordo gathers to hear issues, stat reports, etc.

============================================================

CHAT LOG:

Meeting Opener

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: Contingent of folks over doing trials. We'll have to go on without them.

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: Good evening everyone. Before we get started, I wish to remind everyone to hold questions or comments until provided the opportunity to speak. Interruptions will result in dismissal from the gathering.

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: It is important that we stay focused and on task, otherwise the meeting will end up stretching late. When you are provided the opportunity to speak, it is important that you /shout/ your question or comment—the same goes for those of you providing reports and so forth. Our recorder is centralized, so she may not hear you if you do not shout.

Imperator’s Report

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: First up, let’s go over this week’s statistics. We are looking at:

Members: 294 (295; cadet awaiting induction.)

Cadets: 12 (not included in 295.)

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: > Applications:

New: 29

Approved: 12

Denied: 15

In review: 2

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: > Combat:

Offensives: 11

Defensives: 109

Diplomatic Report

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic events this week have been, uh, amusing. Foremost, on the TAC front. For a massive conglomerate of anti-IS groups, the Anvil Coalition has really lost its steam. Major attacks on Titan have all be stalled and faltered with the 2142 base being closed. CS forces have been apparently weakened by the return of the Militant Collective and subsequent split from CS to do so.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Over the course of the week, we have hit all of the open TAC groups—notably, during a major offensive in Thorium, we faced 2142, CATI, and CS at the same time. Under remarkable 3 to 1 odds against us, the raid team pulled off a stunning victory, locking down the TAC forces and securing a foothold within their armory until being forced to withdraw per sim time limitations.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: As a reminder and update for members in general, TAC, “The Anvil Coalition,” is a treaty between Sturm Korps, 2142, Cthonic Sydnicate, Blood Fist, and CATI. Their goal is to oppose Iron Symphony forces. They are an alliance . . . against alliances (from their group charter).

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Outside of TAC events, we had a curious adventure in the land of Chaos Decretum. For the second time (out of two times of attacking them), the entire raid team was banned by Dark Svenska. This time, we were banned because the Ordo (by his words) “pulled a Frumentarii.” In other words, during the raid, one of his members, by the name of “Omg Panthar,” was logged off / banned by an administrator. As in, a Linden banned them.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: In short, the Ordo raid team was banned because . . . someone got banned by a Linden. I was unaware, but apparently the Ordo now has the ability to ban people at our leisure.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: It was later found out that “Omg Panthar” is the alternate of “Vai Tyran,” an individual who is banned from Second Life for being underage. This same individual was allowed to utilize the Chaos second-in-command’s (Tyenishi) alternate account some days ago . . . which resulted in Tyenishi being banned for account sharing and allowing an underage individual to use their account. That too was blamed on us. Le sigh.

Divisional Reports

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Well. That aside. Unit reports this evening?

[18:07] Lestat Umarov raises hand

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Umarov.

Terra

[18:08] Lestat Umarov: Bit of a slow week for Terra. Aside from the sporadic training events held and the usual raids and combat we gained a few new people. The praetorian trials put a bit of a damper in things but that's to be expected given the ammount of people involved. I know the squads are trying to fill some vacancies so feel free to message the commanders if you're interested.

[18:08] Lestat Umarov: From Keller for Invictus: "A continuation of the last week, Invictus was active in numerous raids throughout the week. Activity was stable, and the new tech in the squad's submachine gun has proven to be simply devastating in the field."

[18:08] Lestat Umarov: From ZeroWinged for Antesignani: "Baren week; No Training preformed; One slot remains open and judging is on-going (Read for forums Antesignani)."

[18:08] Lestat Umarov: From Zrazor for Insidiae: "Busy week for me personally. Extremely light week for the squad. The upcoming week will see much heavier training and material development to make up for slack this past week."

[18:09] Lestat Umarov: From Genesis for Cohors B: "For B this week some activities have gone up some have dropped. Few PRFs done, please make sure you guys are bugging to get those done = More cool stuff to unlock! The position of BIII lead has become available please keep checking the forums for the application posting. Hoping to see things pick back up after the easter weekend."

[18:09] Lestat Umarov: From myself for the Adiutor Staff: "I took a step forward recently and purged the Adiutor staff of the remaining members. Aside from Myself, Aryte, and Soulbinder in preparation of the new outline. I'll be opening applications once it is completed for those interested. You must be an NCO, active, and not enlisted in an Elite squad."

[18:09] Lestat Umarov: This concludes my report for Terra. Any additional reports may be given at the discretion of the Imperator.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you, Mr. Umarov.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Next report this evening?

[18:09] Sosarin Demar raises his hand.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Demar.

Astra

[18:10] Sosarin Demar: Combat participation is nominal. Offhand activities this week was flight training for the majority. I extend a special thanks to all Apostles for working hard. Crash Silverfall is also working on a new maze, which is in beta testing. Thank you, Crash. Ample time will be spent getting the rest of the flight trainees through the queue next week in tandem with any unfinished Administratio assignments (as posted on the forum). That concludes this week's report for Astra.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Do any other units wish to report this evening?

Old Business

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Very good. Thank you for the reports this evening. Let’s move on. Any old business to bring up for further discussion?

*silence*

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Excellent. Moving on.

Keynote Topics

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: To begin, I wish to quickly announce that we will be going to stand-down conditions tomorrow for the Easter holiday. We will continue administrative functions—as in, officer meeting and open potential for training, Schola, et cetera.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: However, for those of you who wish to be on map and simply hang around, I will be allowing business casual / tastefully casual dress. The only stipulation to that being obvious: if you are in a formal function, such as Schola or a meeting, uniform required.

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter. I will be here off and on—nothing really out of the ordinary.

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: Questions with that?

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: Moving on, then.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: As a general heads up (perhaps a reminder, haha), I will have some time constraints—as will many of us, in actuality—throughout April. I have several mega-kind-of-scary projects to tackle over the course of the month. Namely, my thesis, sooo I can graduate this May. I shouldn’t be horribly scarce or anything of the likes. Simply do not be surprised if I vanish for a few days to do papers or are generally just less available until May.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: Questions there?

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: Excellent.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: Although I am certain everyone is quite tired of hearing me ramble about this, I just want to, again, touch on the promotion exams.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: This is a pretty big shift for those of you who’ve been around for months. So please, be certain to keep on top of it! Minimum requirements will be followed closely to determine ELIBIGILITY. Completion of the minimum requirements does not guarantee promotion. A few things to note:

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: First, to access the exams you must use the database. Simply click on the list menu tab, and then click on the test menu. Keep in mind that not all of the areas are open yet—Firefox is taking his time in finishing the drop boxes for the letters. If those areas aren’t open, you’re off the hook. I’ll send a notice out when they are up. The exams, however, have and are ready to take.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Exams will be graded regularly. Currently, Josey Bingyi, a Curia staff and long time member, is our “Master of Exams.” He works hand in hand with me and the IEA administration. His goal is to be a consistent, neutral grader for the exams. Once an exam is graded, you will receive a pass or fail. Passed exams will show up in your profile.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: The purposes of the minimum requirements are to not only give people who wish to seek promotion a way to make it known, but to ensure certain areas are instructed to increase the overall professionalism for would-be “promotees.” You can complete any exam you wish—for example, if you’re [E-1], you’re more than welcome to do all of the exams ahead of time just to get them out of the way.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: Furthermore, keep in mind you do need to complete exams leading up to your current position if you intend to move on. For example, if you’re an [E-4], you do need to complete the [E-3] and [E-4], not just the [E-5] minimum requirement. I promise you (and others can attest), they’re not horribly hard. They are intended to be informative, not excruciatingly difficult.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Questions there?

[18:20] Marc Gravois raises paw

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Gravois.

[18:20] zanndor Aeon raises hand.

[18:21] OIC Tracker: Processing .. This might take up to a minute depending on various factors.

[18:21] Marc Gravois: i submitted both my E-4 and my E-5 exams, my E-4 is listed as WIP, my E-5 is listed as New, whats that all mean

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: Where does it show that?

[18:21] Marc Gravois: on my show profile i think

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: "New" means it has not yet been graded. "WIP" means someone commented on it, but it isn't graded.

[18:22] Marc Gravois: alright, thank you

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: WIP = Josey is commenting and I am checking his work, to make sure he has a firm handle on things.

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Aeon?

[18:22] ZeroNightmare Kaventipovic: :3

[18:22] zanndor Aeon: Just to clarify, you need to complete all the exams leading up to your rank to be promoted?

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Yessir.

[18:23] zanndor Aeon: Allrighty then, thank you.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Any other questions?

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Excellente.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: For some time now, we have had Chronus as our entry sim. The use of which has had some fairly mixed results. On one hand, it does expand the combat field and, for many battles, increases the overall excitement. Personally, I find dual sim combat to be more interesting and dynamic. However, some weaknesses have been exposed with the dual sim set up.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Foremost, Chronus, as a Homestead, has fewer resources than Titan. This translates to latency on transition—usually not a huge concern, but during massive battles, where 20+ bodies are moving back and forth, in addition to physical bullets, it generates considerable latency.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: While some of the aforementioned lag can be attributed to the practices of certain groups, there is certainly some multiplication by the sim border issue. There are a few options here. The first of which is simple: we can suck it up and keep going forward as is, with some risk of enemies (or ourselves) experiencing some latency issues.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: Another option is to explore the possibility of consolidation—such as combining Malleus with Chronus and convert them into a single full sim. There are some monetary concerns to that, with an initial fee and some additional expenses monthly. . For example, (if I’m correct), if we combine Malleus and Chronus that shaves off . . . roughly 2/3rdish of the price to buy a full region. That leaves roughly a 300 dollar gap to be fulfilled. That, in my opinion, would be the easier portion of the puzzle.

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: The difficult aspect would be the monthly expenses. It creates, roughly, 100 dollar additional expenditure. Chronus and Malleus are financed (100 dollars a piece, monthly), but full regions are 300 dollars a month. An additional 100 would be an unfunded liability. I would not be willing to force Titan Industries to shoulder that burden. But, the possibility for consolidation is still there. Simply a matter of making the numbers work.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Questions there?

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Excellent. Wow record time there.

Open Topics

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Open floor. Topics?

[18:31] Lestat Umarov raises hand

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Umarov.

[18:31] Mercury: Lost contact: Scientific Waffle

[18:32] Lestat Umarov: Was curious if you've heard any word on the uniforms or new ranks

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: Former: Disembodied still working on them. Latter: still being debated on officer forums because everyone is incredibly picky and has their own idea as to what they should look like.

[18:33] Lestat Umarov: Ah

[18:33] Lestat Umarov: I like the roman theme tho

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: Well ok.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: Any other topics?

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: Surprising!

[18:35] Jayce Iredell raises hand... :/

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Theeen we'll wrap up. Quick meeting this evening. Combat: raid will be hosted this evening, per the norm.

[18:35] Jayce Iredell: >:O

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Or not. Yes Jayce?

[18:35] Jayce Iredell: How long until E-8? :)

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Need a rank emblem.

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: So. Whenever those are changed.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Now then. As I was saying. Combat mission will be hosted this evening. We'll move to holiday conditions at midnight.

Promotions

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: As for promotions and PRFs: I will have those posted this weekend. Feel free to send any additional PRF or recommendations in to me prior than midnight (same goes with filing necessary exams).

Meeting Closer

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: Any last matters to address?

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: Dismissed, then. Have a good evening.

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia clasps his fist to his chest, presenting a salute.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.