Dascede

Ordo Meeting - 01MAY10

~ORDO IMPERIALIS~

OFFICIAL DOCUMENT

<=====================Extend to this length=========================>

<===========================================================>

**********Meeting Report**********

NAME/RANK/DIVISION: Dascede Aluveaux | O-1; Triplicarius | Astra

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE: 01 May 2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT: Groupwide weekly meeting.

SUMMARY: Upcoming summer endeavors discussed.

============================================================

CHAT LOG:

Meeting Opener

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia shouts: Welcome and good evening everyone. Before we get started, I would like to remind everyone to hold question or comments until provided the opportunity to speak. This includes Flash Gordon Pontoppidan. When provided the chance, please be certain to shout your comments—our recorder is centralized, so she will not hear you otherwise.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Having said that, let’s get to it.

Foremost, this week’s statistics:

Imperator’s Report

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Members: 296

Cadets: 12

Applications

New: 9

Approved: 1

Denied: 6

Review: 2

Combat

Defensives: 106

Offensives: 9

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic events this week have been fairly curious, but relatively calm. Our focus has been upon maintaining relationships with other groups. On top of which, we have taken the opportunity to establish some new bridges in unusual ways.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Namely, we are expanding our horizons a bit by interacting with members of Vanguard command who are considered to be friendly to the Ordo Imperialis. Now—do not read too far in to that. It must be underlined at this point the intent is only to instill a sense of humanity between the groups on an individual basis. Furthermore, there are no negotiations ongoing between the Ordo Imperialis and the actual head of Vanguard, Christoph Naumova. [18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Our allies, the Merczateers and the Alliance Navy, currently participate in combat with Vanguard. Two of our principle foes, 2142 and Cthonic Syndicate, maintain solid blockades against the prospect.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: With that said: unit reports this evening?

Divisional Reports

[18:04] Sosarin Demar raises his hand.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Demar, for Astra.

Astra

[18:04] Sosarin Demar shouts: Combat participation continues as normal, despite the lull in overall activity. Fighter aircraft and bomber training continued this week, and I once again express my thanks to the Apostles -- Kryo Recreant and Nohime Runner. I also give thanks to Kryo for hosting a bit of a dogfight session this week. Routine will continue as normal in the coming week, as we explore the rest of the training queue and tie up loose ends. In addition, more dogfight exercises will be hosted if conditions are ideal. That concludes this week's report for Astra.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you, Mr. Demar.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Next?

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: . . *coughTerra*?

Terra [ Plus Individual Units ]

[18:06] Arokh Takakura shrugs.

[18:06] Zrazor Rozenstrauch raises hand.

[18:06] FireFox Breed is working on it because he just noticed his CO is not here.

[18:06] Karlhockey Forte: Queue FireFox scrambling because of lestat not being here.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Oh. I see. Do any other units wish to report while Firefox compiles?

[18:07] Keller Teichmann raises his hand for Invic. :B

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Teichmann.

[18:08] Keller Teichmann: Another quiet week on my own part (lol Finals), but the squad itself continued to help out in numerous raids and defenses of the sim. With school out of the way, the next week shall be a busy one for Invictus. (I suck at writing long detailed reports.)

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Mr. Rozenstrauch?

[18:08] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Mk.14 PDW is finished with scripts and animations, and will be released next week to Insidiae pending some tweaks to the texturing. Other gear development is progressing smoothly. Beyond that, activity has been low, likely due to finals season being in place for a lot of people. The squad still has one slot left open and interested parties are invited to shoot me an IM.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Outstanding. Mr. Perun?

[18:08] Typhon Perun raise a hand

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia is omnipresent.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: (Heard on Ventrilo.)

[18:09] Typhon Perun: Cohors C has had some activity, had one PRF and one Transfer request to B put in recently, and some did express interest in learning more on the recent changes before considerign a B cohors, that is all I have to say sir.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Ooo, goody. Thank you.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Breed?

[18:11] FireFox Breed: As for Terra command. We have several thongs on the plate to be done over the following weeks. Promotions and several changes to the chain of command are the most noteworthy. So please do not be supprised of you see some notices in the near future about thoes topics.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Freudian slip.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Very nice. Thank you there.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia .. snerks.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: .. moving on.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Moving on—any old business to cover this evening?

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: Dandy. Moving right along, then.

Keynote Topics

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: All right. On to the keynote discussion for the evening. There are several topics to address before I open the floor.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: As mentioned over the last couple of weeks, April was an incredibly busy and important month for me. The last of my major assignments for class were completed yesterday—only a few simple tasks remain. In essence, I am done with the semester and will be graduating this month. What this means is . . . well, a few things.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: Foremost, this summer I will not be taking any other courses—probability is I will hold off until next standard semester before going on for my graduate program. As such, I will have a lot more time this summer to focus on projects and Ordo business in general. This will be the first time in four years that I actually have extra time over the summer (yay).

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: For the next week or so I will largely be playing catch up. I have something along the lines of a heap of notecards awaiting my attention. After which, several major judicial and internal matters also require my ruling on.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: However, thereafter my availability will be fairly high and I will be putting that effort toward internal development and . . other Ordo related mischief.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: I do ask some understanding as I adjust over the next couple of days. It will take some time to carve through the current topics awaiting my attention.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Questions before we move on?

[18:18] Mark Karlfeldt: How'd your thesis go?

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: I . . think it went outstanding, thank you!

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: Moving on, then.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Starting today, Disembodied Hand has signed on and contracted with us as a dedicated builder. As mentioned some week ago, he will be working hard on the construction of multiple attire based projects.

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: I have prepared a rough schedule of his assignments for month to month. For your viewing pleasure:

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: I. High command combat dress attire. [Complete]

II. Combat battle dress uniform. [in progress] - soon!

III. Dress uniform (redo). - May

IV. Dress trench coats (redo). - May

V. Miscellaneous: “Backpacks/Packs” - May

-- Va. Gravity Pack (Movement Enhancer / Dive Roller)

-- Vb. Artillery Pack (Mortar)

-- Vc. Engineering Pack

-- Vd. Others?

VI. Flight suit. - May

VII. Main battle armor. - May

-- VIIa. Variant: Invictus. - June

-- VIIb. Variant: Antesignani - June

-- VIIc. Variant: Insidiae - June

-- VIId. Variant: Praetorians - June

-- VIIe. Variant: Aryte’s armor. - June

VIII. Heavy armor / power armor. - .. maybe June?

[18:21] Heavy666 Bolden: Heavy Armor?

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia reminds about the hand raising thing.

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: After this list, it’ll become more of a topic of . . . well, whatever we need built. If ideas arise that would best be put into Disembodied’s work list, feel free to notify me. Otherwise, keep in mind we have a host of very talented individuals who are available to work on Ordo materials in the meantime. Disembodied’s specialty is attire.

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: Questions on that?

[18:22] Kraton Foxtrot raises a hand.

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Foxtrot?

[18:23] Kraton Foxtrot: does this mean we can expect to see you in many more awesome attire? :P

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: . . hahaha. Yes. Well.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Everyone.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Any other questions?

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia coughsHEAVY?

[18:25] Arokh Takakura raises a claw.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Takakura?

[18:25] Arokh Takakura: Heavy armour?

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Ah, why I am glad you asked.

[18:25] Endra Ashbourne: (rofl)

[18:25] Arokh Takakura: = Arokh Armour?

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Well . . maybe.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Antesignan's armor is intended to be a variant that is heavy within itself. The "heavy armor/power armor" slot will be intended to be bulky sort of . . well, power armor. Light mech. Sorta.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Indeed!

[18:26] Arokh Takakura: Thankyou Sir.

[18:26] Arokh Takakura: ...:D

[18:26] Arokh Takakura: That is all.

[18:26] Steeltael Lykin raises paw

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Welcome.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Lykin?

[18:27] Steeltael Lykin: Are We talking something along the lines. or spirit..of the Power Loader, or MJOLNIR..or something inbetween in effect?

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: I haven't the foggiest idea as to what any of those are.

[18:27] Steeltael Lykin: The Power Loader Sir, was the mecha thing Sigourney Weaver used to fight with in Aliens

[18:27] Arokh Takakura: Like the mech from district 9.

[18:28] Steeltael Lykin: MJOLIR is the aror the Spartan;s use in Halo

[18:28] Steeltael Lykin: armor.

[18:28] Corsi Mousehold raises her hand

[18:28] Blaze Wiles raises her hand

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: . . okay, let me put it into the terms that most people here will understand:

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: If our standard armor was "Space Marine" armor. Our heavy armor would be "Terminator" armor.

[18:29] Kraton Foxtrot: : D

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Warhammer being the great equalizer in explanation.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Mousehold?

[18:30] Corsi Mousehold: I noticed there was not a schedule for an Astra Flight Suit. Since fewer attachments on a person makes for a faster sim crossing, is that going to be on the list?

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: That is on the list.

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Wiles?

[18:31] Blaze Wiles: Will the specific units who are getting these sets of armour be consulted beforehand, or how would be go about submitting ideas

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: Well, yes. Some input will be afforded, but it isn't going to be a fashion war. Ultimately it'll come down to fitting a modular appearance to the universal armor and be subject to my whim as to what I think looks "hip" and "down with it."

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: Any other questions?

[18:34] Kraton Foxtrot: With your sense of style there's no doubt it'll all be very fitting.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: Haha, thanks.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: Moving on!

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Now, as part of my plans this summer I will be putting time into the lingering projects—such as the additional merits and honor titles—before moving on to other areas. There are a fair amount of projects in the pipeline that we still plan to undertake, both structurally and physically on the region.

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: Foremost, there is a necessity to expand and fill the vacancies in some of our administrative departments. Failing that, some additional appointments will be made for special services—whether attached to the IEA or my office specifically. It is a prime opportunity for NCO and borderline NCOs to get involved. For example, one of the positions I may found will be responsible for departmental accuracy—pining through existing documentation to ensure compliancy with our present standards.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Furthermore, as some of you have noticed, we are making some changes to our region build. The overall design will remain the same; however we are adding some war damage throughout the battle areas. In addition to which, it is planned that trench lines and more cover on either side of the battlelines will be added.

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: Based upon the forum poll, it does appear that there is solid interest in seeing the addition of sim objectives. I will see what we can come up with. And finally, we will be exploring single-sim combat maneuvers in the future. I am considering it a test opportunity to wager (from group perspective) whether or not we enjoy dual or single sim combat more. Binding decisions will be made based upon that in the future.

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:39] Tsume Xiao raises hand

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Xiao.

[18:40] Tsume Xiao: It may sound odd, but will we be asking input from our enemies and allies with whom we are on amiciable terms with? I know somepeople would like to do combat with Ordo more, but cant stand the 2-sim combat, or the sim design.

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: I am aware of whom. They were approached about the matter.

[18:41] Tsume Xiao: Obviously they would have less influence than Ordo members, but maybe not telling them to fuck off and deal with it.

[18:41] Tsume Xiao: Um... I was actually not .. I kinda made up an example of a comment >.>

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: Haha, well they do exist.

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: Next question?

[18:43] Ethan Schuman raises his hand.

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Schuman?

[18:43] Ethan Schuman: If we do decide to revert to a single sim combat design, what will we do with Chronus?

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: Unaware at this time.

[18:44] Azoth Zsun: \o

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Zsun?

[18:45] Azoth Zsun: If we revert to a single sim, what are we to do with our numbers? a standard day has almost 20-30 people in titan at any time. that seriously reduces the numbers of enemys possible doesnt it?

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: No, I doubt it'd be a problem. Our sim cap is . . 70, per my choice. I mean, sure, enemy couldn't hit us with 50 people if there were 50 of us here.

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: But . . well. That never happens anyways.

[18:47] Azoth Zsun: okay, thank you =3

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: Any other questions?

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: Very good, then. Moving on.

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: For those of you who have been about for a significant time period know it is essentially status quo that any break period is met with the development of some sort of major operation. We will be founding one and creating combat missions stationed around that operation in the near future. The operation parameters are not yet determined, but it will include prolonged deployments and major battle assignments.

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: As a sidenote, for those of you nearing or at your 1 yr veterancy -- please notify me. Do not let your anniversay pass unnoticed!

[18:50] Aryte Vesperia: Aaand the last thing from me: a sincere congratulations, again, to the invidiuals who achieved appointment into the Praetorians:

[18:50] Aryte Vesperia: Ron Bleac, Zrazor Rozenstrauch, Kristian Kit, Keller Teichmann, Zerowinged Vasiliev, and Souldbinder Wolfstein.

[18:51] Kytec Switchblade: Congratulations everyone!

[18:51] Steeltael Lykin applauds.

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia approves of applauding.

[18:51] Arokh Takakura claps, gently.

[18:51] Genostrike Sautereau Apllauds

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia won't kick you out of the meeting.

[18:52] Kytec Switchblade: Now the Imperator needs his coffee, aprons will be available in the maintenance closet.

[18:52] Exterminatus Footman golf claps.

[18:52] Maverick Garfield appluads

[18:52] Kryo Recreant gives a raucous cheer in that case.

[18:52] Mark Karlfeldt: Ron and Zerowinged and Keller will continue being the subject of my ridicule regardless of rank

[18:52] Huttser Ishelwood applauds

[18:52] Exterminatus Footman: Zerowinged audibly squealed when he got the news.

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: And thank you to all of the Guard who participated in the induction processes.

Open Discussion

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: Open floor. Topics?

[18:52] Endra Ashbourne raises foot.

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Ashourne?

[18:53] Endra Ashbourne: Anyone that currently teaches Schola/Armatura, has an interest in teaching in any of the IEA branches, or just anyone with an opinion on it in general should check out (and vote on!)the thread that Zero made on possible routes for staffing Schola/Armatura/Ludi. http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/7891-iea-staffing-ideas/. Basically, with the Imperial Ludi on the horizon, we either need to recruit a good deal more magisters, or recruit a few less and train magisters to be able to eventually teach all 3 divisions.

[18:53] Corsi Mousehold raises her hand.

[18:53] Corsi Mousehold raises her hand.

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you!

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Mousehold?

[18:56] Corsi Mousehold: I wanted to bring up the topic of Ordo personnel home points. I have seen a great deal of people with their home points set all around the inside of the base. Though the chance may be slim, we already comment unfavorably to home points that are set in improper locations like hallways and the basement. Other militaries have a specific set point to have as their homepoint.

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: Oh roight.

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: Hm.

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: I'll make a ruling on that.

[18:57] Corsi Mousehold: Having a set point will help medic teleporting with falling comrades all being together to pull forward.

[18:58] Typhon Perun holds up a hand.

[18:58] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Perun

[18:58] Aryte Vesperia: ?

[18:59] Typhon Perun: On a related note to Mrs Mousehold, I have noted several of the newer Numerii using the hug teleporter or the teleport pad in the armory to get back to the front during a defense operation. I have attempted to correct this, but I think a reminder about proper TP in combat while on defense might be in order.

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: No problem.

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: Hm. .

[19:00] Aryte Vesperia: Tentatively. Let's say the armory.

[19:00] Kraton Foxtrot: As a homepoint, sir?

[19:00] Aryte Vesperia: Aye.

[19:00] Kraton Foxtrot: Awesome. then I don't need to move mine :P

[19:00] Aryte Vesperia: I know I am going to regret this when I am standing in there editing things.

[19:00] Aryte Vesperia: But let's say the armory. I'll finalize that later.

[19:01] Jayce Iredell raises his hand.

[19:01] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Iredell?

[19:01] Jayce Iredell: Isn't the armory a bit easy to access, on the main floor, only need to breach through one shieldeed door...

[19:02] Aryte Vesperia: And?

[19:02] Jayce Iredell: We coiuld get camped. :/ (Hahahahaha, pfft right.)

[19:02] Aryte Vesperia: Well, that's a risk. But.

[19:02] Aryte Vesperia: Any other questions?

[19:03] Kraton Foxtrot: Has anyone attacking ever even made it that far/

[19:03] Maza Rau raises hand.

[19:03] Kraton Foxtrot: ?*

[19:03] Aryte Vesperia: Aye. We do during team training.

[19:03] Aryte Vesperia: Lol.

[19:03] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Rau?

[19:03] Maza Rau: If anyone knows how to make viewer 2.0 work good would you please IM me? D:

[19:03] Kraton Foxtrot: oh. on our end. *nod*

[19:04] Aryte Vesperia: Any final topics?

[19:04] Mark Karlfeldt raises hand.

[19:04] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Karlfeldt?

[19:04] Mark Karlfeldt: I actually have a rather serious topic to bring up.

[19:06] Steeltael Lykin raises paw

[19:07] Mark Karlfeldt: Myself and others within Ordo have noticed a bit of a trend among certain members to have quite genuine emotions riding upon actions and decisions made within the Ordo. Some people I have observed even become deeply depressed when things don't go their way within the Ordo. I'm not asking for some kind of a solution, and I know there are people within Curia who deal with such things, but I think it's a good reminder to people that in the end, something going wrong in Ordo isn't the end of the world, it is, after all, mostly a game.

[19:10] Aryte Vesperia: Certainly. And there are variance to that sentiment. Largely, there isn't anything wrong with someone taking their position and the decisions made as serious. But, certainly, I would concur that a positive attitude be kept. Althought I wouldn't so much say it as a matter of 'well, it's a game,' but more of 'sky is the limit, don't let a speed bump get to you.'

[19:10] Kraton Foxtrot: Here, here,

[19:10] Kraton Foxtrot: .*

[19:11] Aryte Vesperia: I have a general idea as to what you speak about and I appreciate you bringing it up.

[19:11] Aryte Vesperia: Furthermore, I do note . . yes, there are people who specifically are interested in being there to deal with matters akin to that. But beyond that, feel free to give me a nudge if you're lost.

[19:12] Aryte Vesperia: Rough spots-- whether here or elsewhere, are bound to occur. The important piece is how you handle it, not that it occured.

[19:12] Aryte Vesperia: Aaand last topic. Mr. Lykin?

[19:13] Steeltael Lykin: More of a inquiry sir, Before asking this question I reviewed the offical handbook to see if the answer was there. But it was not. the question Sir, is.

[19:13] Aryte Vesperia: Shoot.

[19:13] Steeltael Lykin: Is it permissable to wear your issued uniform at your own private home if you have one? For example. I've been TPing home. and immediately removing the uniform and title recently.

[19:14] Aryte Vesperia: .. . well. That would be a matter of discretion. If you're teleporting home to hang out for a moment: not exactly a "omg must take off!"

[19:14] Aryte Vesperia: But if you plan on just sitting there for a few hours shooting the shit with your friends. Yeah. Take it off. It's duty wear.

[19:15] Aryte Vesperia: Good question!

Meeting Closer

[19:15] Aryte Vesperia: Annnnnd on that note. Two final closing comments.

[19:15] Aryte Vesperia: First: raid after meeting. Stick around on map if you want blood. I would like a big team!

[19:16] Aryte Vesperia: Secondly: promotions and PRFs will be posted by tomorrow. Feel free to send additional stuff in before midnight.

[19:16] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you all for a good meeting.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.