Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thatguy Andel

Terra Command Meeting

[18:07] Lestat Umarov: I have a question for everyone

[18:08] Lestat Umarov: Is there any reason we should restrict Terra meetings to command only?

[18:08] thatguy Andel raises a hand

[18:08] Lestat Umarov: Thatguy?

[18:09] thatguy Andel: Well, I think so, because if something happens drama related within the enlisted, then I think it shouldn't be discussed among them, but the officers and what not.

[18:09] Lestat Umarov: Yeah, I was mainly thinking the same thing. Like if something comes up that needs to be discussed that might offend certain enlisted

[18:10] thatguy Andel: Yes.

[18:10] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Well it's a Terra Command meeting for a reason.

[18:10] Lestat Umarov: That aside we don't really give the whole of terra an opportunity to ask questions

[18:10] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: It's the same reason we have seperate officer meetings for the general officer staff. There are things the enlisted branch just doesn't need to be discussing in an open forum.

[18:10] Lestat Umarov: I was thinking once a month we could all have a meet and greet

[18:10] thatguy Andel: I was just about to suggest that.

[18:10] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Though that is a good idea

[18:10] Keller Teichmann: Aye.

[18:11] thatguy Andel: Once every month or every two, though once every month does sound better.

[18:11] Lestat Umarov: So we're all in favor of this, good

[18:11] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Hell, maybe even bi-weekly

[18:11] Lestat Umarov: Well, bi-weekly is a bit much

[18:11] thatguy Andel: Yeah.

[18:11] Lestat Umarov: We already have a lot of meetings to manage

[18:11] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Tue

[18:11] thatguy Andel: Well, I also think that the CO's should be nudging everyone every once in a while about that.

[18:12] Lestat Umarov: Well, I've asked CO's to keep in touch with their squads and gold training and meetings. I know soulbinders been on top of that and should have spoken with some of you.

[18:12] Lestat Umarov: hold*

[18:12] thatguy Andel nods

[18:13] Keller Teichmann: Aye. Still filling the two vacancies we have left in Invictus before I try to organize a group meeting. It's just hard getting all of Invictus on at once.

[18:13] thatguy Andel: It's hard for me to schedule anything, though, because with the last few weeks of school I'm being bombarded with everything possible.

[18:13] Keller Teichmann: ^- was my situation last week. Wrote my last final, so I have more time now.

[18:13] thatguy Andel: I usually talk to people one on one every two weeks or so.

[18:14] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: I run Insidiae meetings once a month

[18:14] Lestat Umarov: That's acceptable

[18:14] Lestat Umarov: at least once a month

[18:14] Lestat Umarov: But I encourage twice

[18:14] Lestat Umarov: I understand if it's not possible

[18:15] Lestat Umarov: So, I think this is as much as we're going to get. I'm starting open discussion. Any questions, concerns, suggestions can be presented now. And I know there's not nothing.

[18:16] Lestat Umarov: Would anyone like to go first?

[18:17] Keller Teichmann: I don't really have anything to bring up, just that I'm still looking for Invic candidates / might need to relax a bit on my requirements. :x

[18:17] Lestat Umarov: What do you mean relax?

[18:17] Keller Teichmann thinks he might be too harsh / picky. <_>

[18:17] Lestat Umarov: What's the issue with finding candidates?

[18:18] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Keller, Arc was whining the other night because he was interested in Invic but you're apparently ignoring his IMs :<

[18:18] Keller Teichmann: I haven't been ignoring him, he just always IMs me at the worst possible times. :<

[18:18] Lestat Umarov: How about this Keller

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia notes Arc does that to him too. :{

[18:19] Lestat Umarov: From now on when looking at possible candidates that you're not 100% sure on maybe try them out for a probationary period before they're inducted into the squad. Sortof like an apprentice

[18:19] Lestat Umarov: See how they do and if they can meet the standard

[18:20] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Probably a good idea. I usually go with an application/interview process before I recruit anyone.

[18:20] Lestat Umarov: Well, I'm suggesting something a bit more in depth

[18:20] Lestat Umarov: Like an invictus cadet program xD

[18:21] Keller Teichmann: Our process is basically, I take a look around, listen to the squad for recommendations, and chat with them about it before having a sit-down with them.

[18:21] thatguy Andel raises a hand

[18:21] Lestat Umarov: thatguy

[18:21] Zrazor Rozenstrauch raises hand

[18:21] thatguy Andel: Just an idea, we could have a program thing that we can have individuals who want to join an alpha squad go through

[18:21] Keller Teichmann: Normally do it because I want to ensure there's no personality conflicts in the squad.

[18:22] thatguy Andel: Something like a second Armatura for going into Alpha squads

[18:22] thatguy Andel: and then from there, Alpha Squad CO's could take recruits from that pool of personel after they've passed through it

[18:22] Lestat Umarov: hmm

[18:22] Keller Teichmann: That's what Armatura was envisioned as initially, I think. At least under Sekonda *twitch*

[18:23] Lestat Umarov: Sekonda really f'd up armatura

[18:23] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: I was actually going to suggest something similar, that the alpha leads sit down and pinball ideas on a sort of universal recruitment system for alpha squads.

[18:23] thatguy Andel: Well, maybe not like armatura, but like a series of testing

[18:24] Lestat Umarov: Hmm

[18:24] thatguy Andel: and then, after they've done that, they contact the Alpha CO's of which ever squad they want in to try and hop in

[18:24] Lestat Umarov: How bout this.

[18:24] Keller Teichmann: I'm rather against the idea of holding 'tryouts'. People don't behave in them like they would in regular combat / off-duty.

[18:24] Lestat Umarov: Keller, ZeroWinged, Zrazor. You three can get together and discuss what you want to do. Maybe develop some sort of program the three squads can use together.

[18:25] Lestat Umarov: Could solve a lot of vacancy issues.

[18:25] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Yeah, standards, procedures, etc.

[18:27] Lestat Umarov: Also, thatguy. you've been doing a good job in Cohors B. Keep maintaining the standard.

[18:27] thatguy Andel nods, "Thank you, sir."

[18:27] Lestat Umarov: Is there anything else anyone has before I bring up what I got?

[18:28] thatguy Andel raises a hand

[18:28] Lestat Umarov: thatguy

[18:28] Keller Teichmann: I got nothin'. Just some post-Praetorian things I want to hammer out, but that's one-on-one stuff. :B

[18:29] thatguy Andel: I wanted to get all of the Cohors B centuries and do a big sim training with just B, and I was wondering, when would be a good time that I could do that?

[18:29] Lestat Umarov: whenever we can get the people I suppose.

[18:29] Lestat Umarov: You're welcome to hold trainign whenever. just get an EM to close the sim

[18:29] thatguy Andel: Alright. After I meat with the CO's, I'll find a time.

[18:30] thatguy Andel: Okay. I was just curious about how that worked out.

[18:30] thatguy Andel: That's all from me.

[18:31] Lestat Umarov: I don't have a lot this week, only two issues to bring up.

[18:31] Lestat Umarov: The first is the praetorian initiates in command roles.

[18:32] Lestat Umarov: I want you to get in touch with your squads and reinforce that nothing is changing.

[18:32] Lestat Umarov: Don't need anyone panicing about this, just tell them you'll be there until such a time that a suitable replacement is found.

[18:32] Keller Teichmann: Only thing that'll change in Invictus is I'm going to appoint an XO. Possibly two, as I'm torn on both candidates. x:

[18:33] Lestat Umarov: That's fine

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: The probability is members of the Guard will be given full "OK" to maintain their positions as long as they please, provided they feel capable of the responsibility.

[18:34] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Made it a point at the last Insidiae meeting that I'm not going anywhere for a while.

[18:34] Lestat Umarov: I'm aware that they can choose to maintain their position if they're able. I just don't believe it will be the case in every situation. If it's not the case they can say as much.

[18:35] Lestat Umarov: Alright, secondly...

[18:35] Lestat Umarov: Now that the praetorian trials are over I need help on the unit of the month competition

[18:36] Lestat Umarov: Mainly I need input on the unit review form and what the grading should entail.

[18:37] Lestat Umarov: Aside from that input on the combat phases in terms of ideas for events, inspection criteria for units, and what the formal board proceeding should entail would be appreciated

[18:39] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Actually he's in here talking to me about stuff for whatever reason >.>

[18:39] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: And is now reading over my shoulder

[18:39] Lestat Umarov: :|

[18:39] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: And should GO BACK TO HIS ROOM AND GET IN DIS MEETING

[18:39] Rygads Hax: SHUT UP

[18:39] Keller Teichmann: That Rygads guy is such a je-

[18:39] Lestat Umarov: lol

[18:39] Lestat Umarov: Anyways

[18:40] Lestat Umarov: Who's gonna help me?

[18:40] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: I can

[18:40] Lestat Umarov: 1

[18:40] Keller Teichmann: I can.

[18:40] Lestat Umarov: 2

[18:40] Rygads Hax: I'll help

[18:40] Lestat Umarov: 3

[18:40] Rygads Hax: I got nothin goin on

[18:41] thatguy Andel: I can if needed.

[18:41] Lestat Umarov: Alright, get with me sometime tomorrow. I'll post a thread on the forums where we can throw ideas around as well.

[18:41] Rygads Hax: rgr rgr

[18:42] thatguy Andel: Zug-zug.

[18:44] Lestat Umarov: Okay, thats all I can think of for now.

[18:44] Lestat Umarov: And genesis DX

[18:44] Genesis Ronmark: just got in

[18:44] Lestat Umarov: Do you have anything?

[18:45] Genesis Ronmark: nothing major atm. Had soemthign come up earlier about century leads but its been taken care of

[18:46] Lestat Umarov: Alright

[18:46] Lestat Umarov: Who's got the log?

[18:47] thatguy Andel: I'll get it.

YOU'RE WELCOME >:|

[18:07] Lestat Umarov: I have a question for everyone

[18:08] Lestat Umarov: Is there any reason we should restrict Terra meetings to command only?

[18:08] thatguy Andel raises a hand

[18:08] Lestat Umarov: Thatguy?

[18:09] thatguy Andel: Well, I think so, because if something happens drama related within the enlisted, then I think it shouldn't be discussed among them, but the officers and what not.

[18:09] Lestat Umarov: Yeah, I was mainly thinking the same thing. Like if something comes up that needs to be discussed that might offend certain enlisted

[18:10] thatguy Andel: Yes.

[18:10] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Well it's a Terra Command meeting for a reason.

[18:10] Lestat Umarov: That aside we don't really give the whole of terra an opportunity to ask questions

[18:10] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: It's the same reason we have seperate officer meetings for the general officer staff. There are things the enlisted branch just doesn't need to be discussing in an open forum.

*facepalm*

Seriously? Seriously? If you want to have it command-only, fine, but think up a better reason than "we don't want them to see". If it is sensitive like that, it belongs in Administratio. All you are doing by excluding them is simply not giving them a voice in the discussion, when they still have ears (or eyes). There are legitimate reasons to do that, but what you said wasn't one of them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.