Dascede

Ordo Meeting - 05JUN10

~ORDO IMPERIALIS~

OFFICIAL DOCUMENT

<=====================Extend to this length=========================>

<===========================================================>

**********Meeting Report**********

NAME/RANK/DIVISION: Dascede Aluveaux | O-1; Triplicarius | Astra

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE: 05 June 2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT: General discussion.

SUMMARY: Ordo gathered to hear weekly reports and Imperator's words.

============================================================

CHAT LOG:

Meeting Opener

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia shouts: Good evening everyone and welcome to this week’s meeting. Per the norm, please be certain to hold all questions and comments until provided the opportunity to speak. Interruptions will result in dismissal from the gathering. When you are provided the chance to speak, be sure to /shout/ your comments or questions—otherwise the recorder may not hear you. Thank you: let’s get started.

Imperator's Report

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: To begin, our weekly statistics:

Personnel

Members: 297

Cadets: 10

Applications

New: 18

Accepted: 5

Denied: 8

Review: 5

Combat

Defensive: 69

Offensive: 10

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic occurrences: both of the Merczateers commanders have been released from suspension and have returned to activity. Anthony Lehane was released earlier in the week, whereas Lurdan Huszar returned yesterday. With the restoration of command, Merczateer activity has increased. The Ordo has maintained support combatively as stability is reestablished. Notably, there have been several instances in which Ordo forces have been integral to thwarting major combat deployments on Badnarik.

Otherwise, there has been relative calm as matters return to normality.

Divisional Reports

[18:02] Sosarin Demar raises his hand.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Demar.

Astra

[18:02] Sosarin Demar: Efforts were spent this week discussing ways to rejuvenate Astra as a division. Many enlisted have pitched their bit, which culminated in a meeting that occurred today (I thank those responsible for organizing it, I apologize for being unable to attend). I can imagine next week hammering out much of the same pursuits as we tangle with the weakness in officer oversight and garner interest in the division as a whole. The times scream for the NCO's to step up. Ideas have been placed on the table, it's only a matter of reaching a concensus and pressing forth. If anything, most credit goes to the enlisted for pressing things forward and I have my upmost faith in your determination and potential. That concludes this week's report for Astra.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you; I've been monitoring the ongoing work there. I am very impressed with your NCOs.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Next?

[18:03] Lestat Umarov raises hand

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Umarov?

Terra

[18:04] Lestat Umarov shouts: All in all another good week for Terra. There was quite a bit of action on the offense and defense as per the norm. I do have an announcement to make to squad and century leaders. I'd like to see at least one or two training events held per week. I'm getting tired of seeing none in the reports. Get your squads together at least once a week and go to new jessie or something! This doesn't require commander to occur. If you see a lot of your squad on get together and get some training done! Now onto unit reports.

[18:05] Lestat Umarov shouts: From Teron for Invictus: "Another week of high activity from the squad, with several members leading raids and nearly everyone taking part in some bloodshed. Continued good performance from everyone!"

[18:05] Lestat Umarov shouts: From Zerowinged for Antesignani: ""2.0" beta of the Negev's scripting released to the testers. XCR itself is getting it's textures updated [Thank you Keller] & the attached underslung module is still pending creation. Antesignani has one opening and is having a slight command shift in the works. New roles and such are being assigned to give everyone a small job instead of just being a member of Antesignani, example of one being "Reserve Raid/Training NCO" which gives a memeber the authority to preform trainings and raids in the absence of the CO, XO, and NCOIC or along them thereof. Note that these roles are still pending approval by the Imperator, Legates of Terra, and the Executive Officer of Terra. One training was preformed on the date of 02JUN10. That is it! =3"

[18:05] Lestat Umarov shouts: From Zrazor for Insidiae: "The Mk.14 PDW was given an update this week. Crossbow build remains in development, but scripting is nearing completion. Squad continued to maintain a presence in offensive engagements this week, as well as a few separate excursions to New Jessie. Squad still has two available slots."

[18:05] Lestat Umarov shouts: From Lupus for Cohors B: "this week was full of interesting actions and thoughts the general activity is on a stable Moderate Level. We have Contacted all Inactive Members of all three Century's of Cohor B and are about to do a major reboot of the Unit Roosters, which means we will try to get every century on a equal level on activity, so don't wonder if you will be contacted in around a week that you have been moved to a different Century. Also a remind don't forget to bother your CO's about PRF's to earn quality points for your activity and conduct to the group which will be rewarded with Unlock points for cool stuff.

This Concludes my report for COHOR; B thank you.

[18:05] Lestat Umarov shouts: From myself for the Adiutor Staff from myself: "I've opened a dicussion on the Terra forums in regard to the Unit of the Month events. We're looking for ideas for the combat, unit inspection, and formal board proceedings that the even entails. I will be handing out what I have so far to anyone in Cohors B or the alpha squads who are interested in contributing."

[18:06] Lestat Umarov: This concludes my report for Terra,

[18:06] Ron Bleac raises hand.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Mr. Bleac?

Tactica

[18:07] Ron Bleac shouts: Exciting week for Tactica!~ We need fresh blood, check out the forums. We're getting lots of stuff done, so hopefully you guys won't have to stare at empty intelligence reports again. You'll find some folders in the radar room that will be fitted to pass out all kinds of awesome info about targets! Thank you!

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Do any other units wish to report?

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Very good. Moving on, then.

Old Business

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Any old business to bring up for further discussion this evening?

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Very good. Moving right along, then.

Keynote Topics

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: First up: The BDU release was handled early this week, but a large amount of projects are still outstanding and in the works. Dismebodied Hand is currently working on a comprehensive update to our current dress attire.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: The uniforms will keep the same basic appearance but will have an increased quality—comparable to the BDU level of texture detail.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Included with the dress attire update will be an update to our command coats, placing them in the same level as well. After which, Mr. Hand will be working on a flight suit for our pilots. Progress has been fairly rapid thus far. By the end of the month we should be expecting the uniform updates, flight suits, backpack variants, and armor.

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: With the re-release of the dress attire, we will be streamlining and making certain there is uniformity on some things that we kind of failed on last round—namely making sure we put the rank on the same arm as the armor, hah.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: What I do wish to ask is that everyone fairly understands that we will be making adjustments and tightening/changing how the use of armor and attire are policed off and on. There has been a huge pour in of BDU mod requests, so on and so forth. Do not be too surprised if we reverse decisions and change things over time. Please keep in mind modifications are supposed to be a rarity, not a norm: we’re a military, not a fashion club.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: Questions on that?

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: Very good. Moving on.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: Several weeks back we made mention of creating a new set of additional merits to increase opportunity for acknowledgement. The list has been updated in the current handbook.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: Oh wait I lied. It isn't in the released handbook yet.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: With the increased number of merits (especially tiered merits), we will also be changing how merits are worn—we will be shifting it so that, for example: if an individual had Combat Prowess MK1 and MK2, only MK2 would be worn. I will release regulations on this in the near future to make sure compliancy is uniform.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: Questions there?

[18:16] Trinity Heckroth raises hand

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Heckroth?

[18:17] Trinity Heckroth: Will the auto merit grid scripting be redone to be compliant with the new regulations?

[18:17] FireFox Breed: Yes

[18:17] Trinity Heckroth nods

[18:17] FireFox Breed whispers: There will not need to be a update to fix that. It is all server side.

[18:17] FireFox Breed: There will not need to be

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Aye, thank you.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Any other questions?

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Excellent. Moving on.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Providing a little heads up here and tossing out a kind of “search call” or opportunity for any of our talented builders—the Ordo is in need of two aircraft: a helicopter gunship and a new dropship model.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: The grade of vessel we’re looking for is to be comparable to our newer ships, such as the Nemesis or the Predator. Concepts are available; it is simply a matter of finding someone with the prowess to tackle it.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: It is my hope to replace our existing dropship in the near future, with something a bit more aggressive in appearance. Although our current ship has served us well, I feel it is appropriate to pursue a replacement with the lessons learned in combat.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Furthermore, we have been murmuring about adding a gunship to our arsenal for some time now—it would be a lower altitude, more lumbering vessel with armored capabilities, focusing on being more of a ground crawler predator, hugging close to the surface to provide infantry dynamic support.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Questions there?

[18:20] Karlhockey Forte: ":D"

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: Hah.

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: Next:

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: The Ordo honor titles have been completed and are posted—we will be making changes and shaping up the list over time, as items are prepared and requirements are found to be adequate or inadequate. Thank you to Agares for your input!

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: We will be creating a special “Cursus Honorum” group specifically for denoting titles. As a side note—most of the titles (or all of them, once I get around to it) will include a special medallion or item of sorts. If we can manage the creativity, we will think of ways to make them more than just aesthetic.

You can find them all here: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/8324-ordo-cursus-honorum-imperial-titles/

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: I'll give those curious a moment to give it a look.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Questions there?

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Movin' on, then!

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: Officer appointments-- the next couple of days, I will be spending a lot of time evaluating current officers and adjusting any ranks necessary. For example . . I didn't realize Heather wasn't her appropriate rank for the position. Furthermore, I will be reviewing with the officer corps potential elevations for the next wave of command appointments.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: We will be especially focussing on vacancies in Terra and Astra.

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: This leads into a sort of side topic:

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: The question keeps popping up: what makes someone stand out for promotion to officer (or in general)?

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: To sing the tune I've sang a few dozen times: proactive contribution. To get a prime example of such . . look at the Astra NCO staff currently. They have taken it upon themselves to develop critically needed revisions to the organization, demonstrating their abilites to work in a complex enviroment with their own creativity.

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Proactivity is taking a step outside the day to day-- it is examining the group critically to determine error or areas of improvement. Proactivity typically means hearing the words "no" a lot before getting an idea hammered out. But proactivity is what this group needs and is especially what I look for when selecting officers.

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Questions there?

[18:31] Steeltael Lykin raises paw

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Lykin?

[18:32] Steeltael Lykin: Sir, Just a observation. That even if your idea's are put down here and there. It's always the thought that counts. And as long as you remain loyal to the cause. As well as continue with a strong work ethic. I don't think anything is impossible.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: Correct-- contributing to the group, regardless of the idea is accepted, is important and will be recognized. Thank you.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: Anything else?

[18:34] Jason Backer: I'd like to say something

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: Go right ahead.

[18:36] Jason Backer: I'd like to just offer a word of advice to all new potential officers, should you be in your new job, congratulations and always remember this. Never settle for something bad just because "It's the way we've always done it" don't loose sight of what is important, new people can bring the freshest and most wonderful idea, use them and you'll do a very good job.

[18:36] Jason Backer: *ideas

[18:36] Jason Backer: And thats it.

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: Very good, thank you.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Anyone else?

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Very good. Movin' on:

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: Wait until the end to answer the question, but: as mentioned, we will be seperating the regions Titan and Chronus in order to facilitate more enjoyable combat. The question I have is whether or not we wish to move forward with seperating the regions before the new sim build is completed? My reasoning is . . well, I believe even with our current build, single sim combat would be more enjoyable and draw far more activity from enemy groups.

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: Furthermore, Ch ronus could temporarily be tasked to training functions before it is reconstructed. Opinions? (Speak freely.)

[18:40] Zabimato Outlander: \o/

[18:40] Ron Bleac: Would separating Chronus and Titan cause us considerable downtime+

[18:40] Ron Bleac: ?*

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: No down time.

[18:40] Karlhockey Forte: We would possibly need to change the red zone, due to where the current spawn in.

[18:40] Tsume Xiao raises hand

[18:40] Corsi Mousehold raises her hand.

[18:40] Jason Backer: How long are we looking at as a time frame for rebuild/seperation etc?

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: Speak freely.

[18:41] Dascede Aluveaux: I would like that. I'm not a big fan of the dual-sim set up, and having a separate, closed sim for training, temporarily, is safer than open access by our visitors.

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: Red zone would be mofieid, obviously. Jason: rebuild is pending. Seperation is as easy as telling LL to do it.

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: Mofieid? Lol. Modified.

[18:41] WolfShaman Warrior: 1 sim makes my aircraft happy

[18:41] Vilkacis Mason: No question, but I support it. Sim boundaries have always been one of the worst parts of SL combat.

[18:41] Tsume Xiao: I am concerned with the current build and single sim combat. FOrcing our enemies to rez in that little tunnel would be a worse bottle neck/unfair advanctage than 2142's old LOL HILL! build.

[18:42] Desereck Creeggan: I liked the two sim setup, but since it has been decided, it should not be too bad. We're going to have to improve defensive maneuvers. It's easy to react to enemies when they're a sim away, but now that they're only a third or a fourth of a sim away, we'll have to work much better as a whole.

[18:42] Lestat Umarov: I think we should seperate them immediately.

[18:42] Kryo Recreant: Given how well the stress-testing worked out, it could work quite well.

[18:42] Nikki4 Aquitaine: So there is no wait time? We could say move it away for a day/week and then move it back if we didn't like it? (I support the idea by the way)

[18:42] Corsi Mousehold: I don't think splitting them off would be a bad idea at all. Keeping in mind the current Titan spawn would not be the best starting point for now though. Starting at the current point would lead those without jetpacks for a very long and undesirable walk and those with them would be dangerously close to the tank bay.

[18:42] Lestat Umarov: It will attract more groups and one sim combat means close quarts fighting for the most part.

[18:42] Kryo Recreant: On a more permanent basis, I mean.

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: 100 dollars a pop to move it, Nikki.

[18:42] Eriksson Foxtrot: I think you should keep them both linked up for the time being.

[18:42] Lestat Umarov: quarter*

[18:42] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Oh.

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: I'll pay for it once. Lol.

[18:43] Eriksson Foxtrot: Holy crap Aryte.

[18:43] Ethan Schuman: Since it's all but guaranteed that LL will never fix the bug between linked sims, we should get moving on this as soon as possible.

[18:43] Bargo Tomsen: I thought they raised it 150?

[18:43] Corsi Mousehold: A better position for the spawn would be at the two staircases on our current front line.

[18:43] Vilkacis Mason: $100 a pop? Yes, let's move it every Friday~

[18:43] femme Lisa: yus it is 150

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: Ouch!

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: WEll still.

[18:43] Zabimato Outlander: It will lower a lot of client side lag for most of us because it'll be less prims to rez.

[18:44] Vilkacis Mason: What is the advantage of waiting? That's the real question.

[18:44] Eriksson Foxtrot: True Zab.

[18:44] Vilkacis Mason: Plenty of advantage to doing it soon.

[18:44] Desereck Creeggan: Regardless, a person teleporting in now is the same as them teleporting in with one sim setup.

[18:44] Eriksson Foxtrot: More simulator lag though.

[18:44] Ethan Schuman: Yay! Maybe I'll actually be able to hang out in Titan again.

[18:44] Typhon Perun: I'm actually for seperating the sims, but we shuld look to see if the lindens will be able to do it for us, with minimal fuss first. If they give us to much of a headache, I suggest a back up plan.

[18:44] Desereck Creeggan: Instead of it lagging chronus and mildly affecting Titan, it will full on affect titan.

[18:44] Corsi Mousehold: That gives things a corner to corner feel and gives the offense a holding place in the base of the tower to use as a medpoint for an attack. It would be a bit more enjoyable in that sense and still give us achoke point of the bridge.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: The advantage of waiting is ... uhhhh~

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: Makes ... . . me have 150 dollars more for a couple weeks? :D

[18:45] Vilkacis Mason: And, I'll be honest here: If more of us are 'hanging out' in the other sim, it gives actual combatants a chance.

[18:45] Vilkacis Mason: Enemies who invade us now have to make it through all the awake-people and also load all the 'idling' people who are just chillin' at Ordo.

[18:45] Kryo Recreant: New physics engine also may be implemented in that time? o3o

[18:45] Eriksson Foxtrot: Bring in the cons to the seperation aswell.

[18:45] Eriksson Foxtrot: Lag. D:

[18:46] Typhon Perun: I still suggest talking with the lindens to see how easy or hard this will be to do. There are other sims around us that might be affected by this as well that should be taken in to consideration.

[18:46] Eriksson Foxtrot: Like Badnarik when their under attack is a perfect example.

[18:46] Corsi Mousehold: If we do seperate the sims now, the trek to the base is alot shorter since we .... Well we have a fat base.

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: I own most of the regions around Titan.

[18:46] Vilkacis Mason: Also, throwing in a wild vote for a sandbox-area.

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: There's nothing to discuss, Typhon.

[18:46] Zabimato Outlander: Titan is a better SIM then Badnarik.

[18:46] Ethan Schuman: Before we seperate the sims, we should seriously investigate the implementation of Havok7. I may be wrong, perhaps LL will fix the sim leak bug after all.

[18:46] Typhon Perun: Yes sir.. my applogies.

[18:46] Bargo Tomsen: Will we hopefully be forgoing the megaprim terrain?

[18:46] Maverick Garfield: Mercz base lags horrorably but I think thats there teleport system

[18:46] Desereck Creeggan: It's as easy as asking them to move it, waiting in the line to get your simulator moved, paying the $100 and saying where you want it to go.

[18:47] Tsume Xiao: If separated will Titan spawn be changed to be more friendly. Will the red zone be cahnged?

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: Do my Havok7 testing ninjas know?

[18:47] Corsi Mousehold: our base has alot of entry points that would make us very vulnerable. Four points and the size of the base takes up the entire Southwest quarter of the sim.

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: Any indication H7 will do anything?

[18:49] Niiya Narayan: I honestly don't see the issue with vunerability, as we're all here just to have fun anyway... so what if people get into the base? that just makes it more fun in my opinion.

[18:49] Typhon Perun: There is also the doorway that leads outside the build area someone could wander in to, unless that's been fixed.

[18:49] Nikki4 Aquitaine: The only problem I see is this sim isn't really designed for single sim combat, it's a bit out of scale and so there aren't a great deal of places in the sim that break line of sight. The north bunker for example could gun down the entire frontline

[18:49] Tsume Xiao: I dont think anything should be done based on Havoc 7, because the actual roll out may be different from beta

[18:49] FireFox Breed: So far there is some signs preformence is better

[18:50] Corsi Mousehold: I agree with you Niiya. But we don't exactly want to make it easy for them.

[18:50] Aryte Vesperia: On sim crossing?

[18:50] FireFox Breed: They also are aware of the sim corssing issues along with several other thing. Osker has commented they are working on it and will look into it with more detail

[18:50] Aryte Vesperia: Any hint of a roll out date?

[18:51] Ethan Schuman: I may be wise to wait. We don't actually lose anything other than a little bit of fun in combat by waiting, and if we DO move now, it's not only $100 to move Chronus away, but another $100 to move it back if they do fix it.

[18:51] FireFox Breed: They where pushing to find as many bugs as possable because the update is coming in several weeks

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: Mm.

[18:51] FireFox Breed: along the lines o f"if you got anything to report, ow is the time before it goes live"

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: I'll give that a looksy, then.

[18:51] Ethan Schuman: And since we have Disembodied on retainer, we don't have to worry about you spending that money on more new uniforms, so we should be just fine. =p

[18:52] Eriksson Foxtrot: The only major thing I do see if we seperate the sim is the lag. Major attacks that TAC like to do would kill the sim pretty bad. I am sure it's been previously discussed, so I won't go further into it.

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: The lag is caused heavily by the sim transitions.

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: Hummm. Thank you for the input. I'll look at the H7 angle.

[18:54] Typhon Perun: Agreed, we can use when the raid turns return as a example, when they transition in to Titan, from whatever sim they raided, the lagt increases, same with when we get raided, all the incomming fire creates lag here, we see it alot.

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: Indeedly do.

Open Discussion

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: And that's all from me tonight. Open floor. Topics?

[18:55] femme Lisa: *has a comment*

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Lisa?

[18:56] femme Lisa: the best way to reduce lag border is to ask Linden Research to place both regions on the same server

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: .. hm.

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: I heard rumors of that.

[18:56] femme Lisa: it is true

[18:57] femme Lisa: I have had it done more than once

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia writes that down. "I will ask Concierge about it. That'd be pretty cool."

[18:57] femme Lisa: there are 4 regions per server

[18:57] Typhon Perun: Missed that over here sir.

[18:58] Aryte Vesperia: The comment was: [18:56] femme Lisa: the best way to reduce lag border is to ask Linden Research to place both regions on the same server

[18:58] Nikki4 Aquitaine: They'll probably charged you 5k USD for that though

[18:58] Typhon Perun: THat would make the best sense.

[18:58] femme Lisa: yes

[18:58] Aryte Vesperia: Probaby, Nikki. Lol.

[18:58] femme Lisa: nope but I hope you get TJ on the phone

[18:58] femme Lisa: he;s the best at it from what I noticed

[18:58] Typhon Perun: It's all about the money...bleh.

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: I will certainly give it a try.

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you for bringing it up, Femme.

[18:59] femme Lisa: yw

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: Any other topics for this evening?

Meeting Closer

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: Very good then. Promotions will be up tomorrow. Raid hosted in a short bit.

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: Have a good night and dismissed.

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia clasps his fist to his chest, presenting a salute.

Moving the build before hand would be awesome. Especially if we make the spawn where our members usually spawn in. It makes us at an awkward angle and allows combat to be more impulse. I don't know about anyone else but I'm sick of the "Everyone shoot forward and let them run into our bullets" design. Plus it would save time seeing as if we moved the build now we wouldn't have to wait after it's finished for LL to shift Chronus.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.