Clicky

Bizcut Vanbrugh

Dungons & Dragons: Online

Just thought i would put the feelers out and see if any ordo are playing DDO and on the Argoness server. I am running a 5th level elf ranger. I dont play much but I have been having some issues lately getting anything accomplished due to level and being a free player. I dont want to spend the money on the moduels or other items cause i am a cheap bastard. well if any of ya are playing or gonna start a toon on this server let me know i would love to either join ya in your adventures or help you out in the low level ones.

There's a trick to getting all of those modules while playing for free, but they've designed it to where it requires 50x more work.

When you do quests, they give you favor points for every completion. The harder the difficulty, the more points you recieve. Well, turns out these quests are entirely repeatable. And for every 100 favor, Turbine mails you 25 DDO Store Points.

They hand you about 50-75 points by the time you finish Korthos Island. Don't buy anything with them. Especially gear. You'll get even better stuff as you do quests.

Then at about 150 or so DDO points, you can buy one of the cheapie low-level packs.

Also, the Favor you earn unlocks account status boosts. So instead of paying for a Drow character, or new Character Slots, or Warforged, or Veteran Status, they'll give it to you after so many Favor Points.

Also, your DDO points stack inbetween servers. So you can run Korthos on one toon on one server for the 75 points, then run it on another server, and boom. 75 more points.

OVerall, the game's a giant solo grindfest unless you can find a raiding guild that's willing to help you level. But from what i've seen, they're all permadeath guilds. (AkA: If you die when questing / raiding, they make you delete your toon and start over, like in real D&D. Either that or you leave the guild.)

I was playing this on a diffrent server with Syl. Probably the best MMO i've played even though it's a bit dated, the game design is solid.

We both subscribed cause it was only like $10 a month and you get access to all the areas as well as like 7 character slots and all but Drow unlocked as a starter race(however after a week or so we unlocked drow through favour anyway.

I have a level 7 rogue and a 5 cleric iirc. We only stopped playing cause we couldn't find anyone reliable to quest with and you can't really duo stuff past level 7 or so, even if you're really good.

That combined with a really annoying bug that crashed Syl every time a certain mob cast a spell.

We did find a fix for that though, where you can wear an item that prevents blindness and it stops the effect showing and crashing you.

Was a pretty cool game though overall... Maybe lacking in variety as far as enemies and diffrent terrain goes. The way skeletons and other undead burst out of tombs made me jump out of my skin every time though lol, and I'm not even a jumpy person.

Oh... and my fav spell was turn undead with my cleric, it actually vapourised pretty much any undead into a cloud of white particles (besides specific ones designed to make the game interesting). And with an arsenal of 8 turns before resting it was pretty badass! >:D

Edited by Niiya Narayan

Which server are you on? i'm on...Thelanis, i believe. Haven't played in a while due to getting into Allods finally. I'm a level 5 Dwarf Fighter with 3 seperate two-handed weapons for the occasions that arise. (Undead-specific, Ghost / Spectre-specific, and Lawful Bane Spacific). I also have ...i think +4 Full Plate, since +5 unlocks at level 6. I can basically solo most of the quests i have (Which i was doing with a Cleric Hireling until i got bored) and against mobs of my level, i don't get hit very often. My highest critical hit to date on that toon is 100.