Kellervo

Munitorium Meeting - 10JUL10

~ORDO IMPERIALIS~

OFFICIAL DOCUMENT

<=====================Extend to this length=========================>

<===========================================================>

**********General Meeting Documentation**********

Name/Rank/Division: Keller Teichmann / P-2 / Praetorian Guard

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE: July 10th, 2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT: Munitorium Meeting

============================================================

Meeting summary:

Usual updates on projects, technology, and etc.

CHAT LOG:

|Pre-meeting Gathering|

[15:59] Keller Teichmann: Detaching HUD, just so I have a clean log to put on the forums. :v

[16:00] Anlysia Gregoire: \o/

[16:00] Arc Vyper has entered the sim.

[16:00] Keller Teichmann: I also successfully managed to pretype my stuff for once, so

[16:00] Keller Teichmann: \o/

[16:00] Anlysia Gregoire: Wow.

[16:00] Anlysia Gregoire: You feeling okay? :|

[16:00] Keller Teichmann: I went to Starbucks.

[16:00] Nikki4 Aquitaine: I haven't pre-typed -anything-

[16:01] Nikki4 Aquitaine: So ha.

[16:01] Anlysia Gregoire: Oh, you're prepping for Aryte.

[16:01] Anlysia Gregoire: Learning how to deal with being tremendously caffeinated, 24/7.

[16:01] Keller Teichmann: YEP.

[16:01] Crash Silverfall has entered the sim.

[16:02] Anlysia Gregoire: Well, this is a decent crowd so like...let's begin, hooray.

[16:02] Daffee Vita has entered the sim.

|Keller's Updates|

[16:03] Anlysia Gregoire: May as well let Keller start since he pre-typed, which will let other people collect their thoughts. :P GO KELLER .o/\o.

[16:03] Daffee Vita has left the sim.

[16:03] Keller Teichmann: Great.

[16:03] Keller Teichmann: - Invictus ACR/Shotgun is on hold while I finish the caseless weapons.

- As you can see from looking at my person, assault rifle, submachine gun, and shotgun are nearly complete.

- Marksman rifle variant - with burst fire and 'FMJ' rounds is next on the list.

- Light machinegun is still on the drawing board - not sure how to differentiate it from the assault rifle.

- Pistol is on the drawing board as well.

- Carbine variant of the assault rifle, with semi fire and a smaller clip (and no fancy reddot) is also being made.

I have some script 'bases' done, just to see how weapons would function according to certain specifications, mostly made from asking around the Ordo to see what the general consensus is. These are the cores I've been working on since, well, I lern2script, and I've managed to time some of them in Titan with Williamca's help (in non-Ordo builds, naturally). They all need animations, so someone else is going to be very busybusy.

(average script time is .009 - .011 idle depending on animations/

[16:03] Keller Teichmann: particles, and .020 - .080 firing full-auto with rates around 750-1000RPM depending on the weapon)

[16:03] Crash Silverfall has left the sim.

[16:03] BurrWolf Qin has left the sim.

[16:03] Keller Teichmann: At the behest of some Alpha/Apostle/general members, I might follow suit with Disembodied and make variant weapons for certain units that have additional attachments, mostly for a 'bling' factor, though some (underslungs?) might have additional functionality.

[16:04] Keller Teichmann: And people really really want an Adjudicator replacement so I -might- tack that on to the end of this giant clusterfuck of a project c_c

[16:04] Anlysia Gregoire: (Yes, please.)

[16:04] Anlysia Gregoire: Also can you rez the weapons on the table so it's easier to see than your attachments?

[16:04] Anlysia Gregoire: They look good but I'd like to see closer.

[16:04] Second Life: Your object 'Detpack' has been returned to your inventory lost and found folder by Anlysia Gregoire from parcel 'Titan: The Ordo Imperialis - www.ordoimperialis.com' at Titan 52, 49 due to parcel owner return.

[16:04] Keller Teichmann: I'll just stand up.

[16:04] Anlysia Gregoire: I'm also going to return that detpack you set under the table.

[16:04] Keller Teichmann: ...when did I drop a detpack?

[16:04] Disembodied Hand: sorry Im late, was afk

[16:04] Disembodied Hand: baby stuff

[16:05] Anlysia Gregoire: We're just kind of starting, it's cool. And Keller is showing off guns.

[16:05] Keller Teichmann: (shotgun on back, assault rifle on left leg, SMG on right)

[16:05] Keller Teichmann: (shotgun is a bit too beastly so I am probably going to tone it down.)

[16:05] Nikki4 Aquitaine: I smell a temp prim

[16:05] Anlysia Gregoire: One of the sculpts on that isn't rezzing for me. But it looks good.

[16:05] Nikki4 Aquitaine: or 2

[16:06] Keller Teichmann: ...ohgoddammit.

[16:06] Hunter Graysmark has left the sim.

[16:06] Keller Teichmann: I'll clear my cache and fix it later. T_t;

[16:06] Corsi Mousehold: ,,,

[16:07] Anlysia Gregoire: Also, Corsi, did you hear that? :V Animating~

[16:07] Keller Teichmann: (Antesig XCR is also likely going to be done tomorrow, these three are only done all at once because they all share at least some texture maps. WOO MEMORY SAVINGS!)

[16:08] Maza Rau has entered the sim.

[16:08] Nikki4 Aquitaine: YAYYYY ILY

[16:09] Anlysia Gregoire: Lessee...whenever you get more final versions of said guns ready I'd like to play with 'em.

[16:09] Anlysia Gregoire: And attempt to break 'em.

[16:09] Keller Teichmann: I just need to learn to script group-auth.

[16:09] Keller Teichmann: Or Mercury auth, whatever it is that the standard is nowadays. :x

[16:09] Anlysia Gregoire: Tsume or Niiya or whoever really can tell you that. It's not hard.

[16:09] Ethan Schuman: Group auth for guns. Grabbing you my authentication function now (pardon lag delay)

[16:10] Anlysia Gregoire: So you're mostly-done the AR, shotgun, SMG...okay. Or Ethan, I forgot Ethan was here. :V

[16:10] Tsume Xiao: We do both auths in weapons, i can help you with that.

[16:10] Ethan Schuman: Screw you, trapface. =(

[16:10] Anlysia Gregoire: Well you never show up. :< Anything else, Keller?

[16:10] Keller Teichmann: Newp!

[16:10] Nikki4 Aquitaine: brb quick >.>

[16:10] Keller Teichmann: My pre-typed stuff was a bit out of date actually, marksman rifle is almost done too. <_<

|Melee Range Limit|

[16:11] Anlysia Gregoire: Anyone else want to talk about anything?

[16:11] Agares Tretiak: Yes.

[16:11] Anlysia Gregoire: Agares!

[16:11] Agares Tretiak: I heard a rumor that there's an effort to push through a melee damage range on all weapons. I'd like to hear the rationale and scope of this, if it is true.

[16:12] Anlysia Gregoire: Yeah a standardized range for melee attacks.

[16:12] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Back

[16:12] Atrius Clarity has entered the sim.

[16:12] Anlysia Gregoire: Niiya/Nikki'd know the numbers on that better than me.

[16:12] Agares Tretiak: Explanation, if someone would?

[16:12] Ethan Schuman: O lawd, moar crai babee rulez.

[16:13] Niiya Narayan: The proposal was 3m for bayonets and 4m for dedicated weapons

[16:13] Agares Tretiak: Yes. Could you explain the reasoning?

[16:13] Niiya Narayan: Because....

[16:13] Nikki4 Aquitaine: cos 20m melee is retarded

[16:13] Nikki4 Aquitaine: :D

[16:13] Agares Tretiak: Agreed. 20 meters is rediculous.

[16:13] Niiya Narayan: 4m is a fucking long reach

[16:13] Tsume Xiao: Most I have seen on a weapon was 5m

[16:13] Agares Tretiak: Luckily, we have no weapons with 20 m.

[16:13] Anlysia Gregoire: 3m and 4m there on the table.

[16:13] Niiya Narayan: Even if it's a dedicated weapon

[16:14] Tsume Xiao: My guns have 3m for rifle butt, and the only gun with a bayonet gets 4m

[16:14] Anlysia Gregoire: What's the halberd's range?

[16:14] Niiya Narayan: 8m

[16:14] Anlysia Gregoire: Woooow.

[16:14] Nikki4 Aquitaine: yarly

[16:14] Tsume Xiao: lul wut?

[16:14] Agares Tretiak: How about a weapon that is specifically larger than that? Then it's unreasonable to expect a shorter range. You're not giving me much of a rationale, ma'am.

[16:14] Anlysia Gregoire: I want a 25 foot long stick.

[16:14] Agares Tretiak: Especially since, there is only one weapon in use, that has a range over the proposal.

[16:14] Anlysia Gregoire: To tote around.

[16:14] Niiya Narayan: Please rez the halberd on the table

[16:14] Agares Tretiak: Of course.

[16:15] Anlysia Gregoire: I'll BRB, my dinner awaits me. Just ramble about this 'til I'm back.

[16:15] Ethan Schuman has left the sim.

[16:15] Anlysia Gregoire: (8m is really big dude.)

[16:15] Agares Tretiak: It's a forward thrust.

[16:15] Niiya Narayan: That's my rationale

[16:15] Wesley Paine has left the sim.

[16:15] Agares Tretiak: And it's from the position of the avatar making it.

[16:15] Agares Tretiak: Not from the tip.

[16:15] Disembodied Hand: in this range, are you factoring in "lunges"?

[16:15] Agares Tretiak: The original concept was a sort of "charge"

[16:15] Disembodied Hand: or are those not a factor

[16:16] Niiya Narayan: right, but the position of the AV is roughly central to the haft

[16:16] Agares Tretiak: It's a lunge.

[16:16] Agares Tretiak: Very specific.

[16:16] Agares Tretiak: Shaped in a cone.

[16:16] Disembodied Hand: Might I make a suggestion?

[16:16] WolfShaman Warrior has entered the sim.

[16:16] Niiya Narayan: of course

[16:16] Agares Tretiak: From the point of initiation ot the terminating end, accuracy becomes more key.

[16:16] Nikki4 Aquitaine: whats the sensor angle on the 8m attack?

[16:16] Agares Tretiak: Furthermore, this seems a sensless effort to limit a previously accepted weapon that is in limited and specific circulation.

[16:17] Keller Teichmann: Just from personal, combat-based experience, restricting ourselves to 3/4m melee puts us at a disadvantage against TAC, which not only has longer range, but some of them also use auto-swing/auto-kills which we can't 'break' into.

[16:17] Agares Tretiak: I.E. I smell BS, and not some sort of valid rationale.

[16:17] Agares Tretiak: That too, Mr. Teichmann.

[16:17] Niiya Narayan: We had no idea the range on the weapon was 8m till after we'd chosen a reasonable figure

[16:17] Disembodied Hand: I would say a good standard range to make, would be through an equation. Mostly that of Weapon Lenght + 3m(1m for arm length roughly? and 2m for "lunge")

[16:17] Agares Tretiak: You never asked, either.

[16:18] Disembodied Hand: if someone is carrying a dagger, they are only gunna get a 4m range

[16:18] Agares Tretiak: This strikes me as arbitrary in it's scoep and reasoning.

[16:18] Disembodied Hand: makes sense

[16:18] Disembodied Hand: if someone is carrying a polearm, roughly 3m in lenght, they get 6m

[16:18] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Agares, this database isn't just for ordo equipment, it's for everything

[16:18] Agares Tretiak: At best, Mr. Hand, maybe 3 meters for a short weapon like knife or dagger.

[16:19] Huttser Ishelwood has entered the sim.

[16:19] Genostrike Sautereau has left the sim.

[16:19] Nikki4 Aquitaine: We didn't look at the polearm and go "HEY THATS TOO BIG"

[16:19] Disembodied Hand: well, I sorta gave it an extra 1m on accident, not factoring in a dagger isnt even a meter long :P

[16:19] Eriksson Foxtrot has entered the sim.

[16:19] Disembodied Hand: so, by what I said, Yesah a dagger would only have3m. I just did awful example math

[16:20] Horror1 Chun has entered the sim.

[16:20] Jp227 Michigan has left the sim.

[16:20] Disembodied Hand: just an Idea,

[16:21] Agares Tretiak: Yes, but at the same time, you're making an arbitrary choice on what is acceptable, without considering wider factors. I'd like to propose a reworking of this proposal to have at the very least, a scaling limit in comparison to weapon size, not allowing melee "sweeps" of over say 7 meters, and lunges being limited as well.

[16:21] Niiya Narayan: One thing we didn't factor into the equation was re-use times

[16:21] Niiya Narayan: So we may be able to come up with a formula to decide what's fair or not

[16:21] Nikki4 Aquitaine: It was more for third party stuff Agares

[16:21] Agares Tretiak: That was not what I was informed of.

[16:21] Disembodied Hand: well, you could always adjust the numbers in my formula, I was being a bit conservative im sure.

[16:21] Nikki4 Aquitaine: If I put the SCAR-L in the DB right now it'd be banned for using mono...

[16:21] Keller Teichmann: for third party stuff, I don't mind it. It keeps people from, well, running around with weapons superior to our actual gear. c.c

[16:21] Anlysia Gregoire: Yay for people fighting, it means I don't miss anything while I eat my dinner.

[16:22] Nikki4 Aquitaine: I wouldn't be opposed to talking about this weapon in particular getting longer range but

[16:22] Keller Teichmann: And it also keeps us accountable if people from other militaries go "THAT MELEE IS TOO LONG!!111oneoneone" when we can point out we tested it to make sure it wasn't.

[16:22] Nikki4 Aquitaine: The rule overall was based on the general 3rd party weapons people use

[16:22] Ron Bleac has left the sim.

[16:23] Anlysia Gregoire: How big was the melee on that wristblade, Tsume? It wasn't super-far range but it was like 180 arc. Haha.

[16:23] Niiya Narayan: Like that old power sword Arch made that's like 10m range and 360 degrees

[16:23] Agares Tretiak: Aye. I'd just like to make sure there's a degree of reasonable "wiggle" room.

[16:23] Nikki4 Aquitaine: For Ordo stuff, there is

[16:23] Niiya Narayan: well as I understand the halberd has a 2 second cool-down

[16:24] Agares Tretiak: Yep.

[16:24] Keller Teichmann: If this rule's meant for third-party gear, solution's kinda simple. We grandfather our existing gear in, apply the 3/4m restriction from here on, with only specific exceptions for gear which has a clear reason for going above the limit.

[16:24] Niiya Narayan: so we can factor swing times into the equation

[16:24] Nikki4 Aquitaine: That's sort of what we're going to do

[16:24] Agares Tretiak: We were...careful..in it's design. it's powerful, no denying that. But it's not easily abused, either.

[16:24] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Update the old gear a bit where needed and apply it to new gear

[16:24] Anlysia Gregoire: The thing is, it's easier to start with restrictions and make exceptions rather than be wide-open at first, and then have to go back and change rules and fix MULTIPLE things. :P Better to be stringent than loose.

[16:25] Agares Tretiak: It's better to discuss regulations, than do it behind closed doors, if rumors get spread around. it tends to obsfucate the intentions, not to mention, the truth, if a clear rebuttal isn't made...or an effort to reach out.

[16:25] Keller Teichmann: Hence why I'm logging this meeting, for once. c_c;

[16:25] Anlysia Gregoire: Nothing's been released as official policy, quite yet. It's all in-discussion.

[16:26] Anlysia Gregoire: I just rambled on about things with Nikki for ages, just the other day. Right Nikki?

[16:26] Nikki4 Aquitaine: yaaay

[16:26] Nikki4 Aquitaine: If that thing has a 2second CD I don't really mind it at all

[16:27] Niiya Narayan: likewise

[16:27] Anlysia Gregoire: See? :V PROGRESS

[16:27] Anlysia Gregoire group-hugs.

[16:27] Niiya Narayan: From what Ron told me the stab is a very narrow cone

[16:27] Agares Tretiak: Aye.

[16:27] Agares Tretiak: Hold on.

[16:27] Niiya Narayan: and the swing is a 180 arc, but only 4m

[16:27] Keller Teichmann: It is a finite cone. I actually find it really hard to hit things with it unless they're pretty much dead-centre.

[16:28] Anlysia Gregoire: It's probably like 22.5 degrees or so.

[16:28] Agares Tretiak: Not much larger than that in diameter.

[16:28] Anlysia Gregoire: NO AGARES, YOU FAIL AT MAKING SENSOR CONE MODELS

[16:28] Agares Tretiak: The sweep is horizontal.

[16:28] Agares Tretiak: And has no "Sphere" effect.

[16:29] Agares Tretiak: A person can literally jump over a sweep.

[16:29] Niiya Narayan: Personally I'd say 8m was pretty far, but it's not worth splitting hairs over cause melee weapons are rarely utilized anyway.

[16:29] Keller Teichmann: ^

[16:29] Ethan Schuman has entered the sim.

[16:29] Keller Teichmann: They usually only see heavy use when we're fighting CS, really. Their sim has plenty of cluster@#$! points.

[16:29] Agares Tretiak: Aye.

[16:29] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Ok so to sum up

[16:29] Nikki4 Aquitaine: It's fine if it has a 2 second cd

[16:29] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Moving on! :D

[16:30] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Well

[16:30] Anlysia Gregoire: Haha.

|Database|

[16:30] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Might aswell go on about the database now then, right? >.>

[16:30] Anlysia Gregoire: Go for it.

[16:30] Tsume Xiao: \o/

[16:30] Anlysia Gregoire: I need to take a look at that soon.

[16:30] Nikki4 Aquitaine: HERE IS A THREAD

[16:30] Nikki4 Aquitaine: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/8750-weapon-database-notes/

[16:32] Keller Teichmann: I'll definitely need to get my guns tested, just for script time purposes. To make sure they're properly timed. <_<

[16:32] Anlysia Gregoire: Does the thread have anything in it yet?

[16:32] Nikki4 Aquitaine: No but it has a link to the db

[16:32] Nikki4 Aquitaine: xD

[16:32] Nikki4 Aquitaine: And will be updated

[16:32] Nikki4 Aquitaine: So you can totally bookmark it

[16:32] Tsume Xiao: The thread is basically a holding pen for Nikki and Niiya to put nontes like "This gun was banned because XXXXX"

[16:32] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Ya that

[16:32] Anlysia Gregoire: Hm.

[16:32] Tsume Xiao: So people arent like "OMG WTF Y R MAH GUN BANANANED>?!?"

[16:33] Anlysia Gregoire: I'd be tempted to move that into a different database honestly, with better sorting and searching.

[16:33] Tsume Xiao: I CAME UP WITH THE IDEA :D SO I HELPED

[16:33] Anlysia Gregoire: Unless there's better sorting/searching available I can't see.

[16:33] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Mayyyyybeeeeeeeeeeee.

[16:33] Tsume Xiao: I suggedted that too but niiki says it looks to cluttered.

[16:33] Nikki4 Aquitaine: I can put it in a different database

[16:33] Nikki4 Aquitaine: the notes

[16:33] Anlysia Gregoire: No just the entire thing.

[16:33] Nikki4 Aquitaine: and theres a search thingy once you click a category

[16:33] Tsume Xiao: Wy not only make the notes visible when you click the weapon name?

[16:34] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Because I suck at coding? :>

[16:34] Tsume Xiao: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/page/ordo-weapon-database/_/machine-gun-heavy/asi-mrar34-10-r12

[16:34] Tsume Xiao: Like only on tat page.

[16:34] Tsume Xiao: Oh...

[16:34] Tsume Xiao: >.>

[16:34] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Still under constructions

[16:34] Nikki4 Aquitaine: It actually has a homepage with it

[16:34] Nikki4 Aquitaine: The software

[16:34] Tsume Xiao: Does this mean making Denied, Banned, Approved and Pending their own colors is also out D:

[16:34] Nikki4 Aquitaine: So we have a database homepage

[16:35] Anlysia Gregoire: Yeah that's part of the issue.

[16:35] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Well I can code that.... lol

[16:35] Ethan Schuman: I can't believe we're honestly making a database for third party guns.

[16:35] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Navis.

[16:35] Anlysia Gregoire: Blame Foxers.

[16:35] Anlysia Gregoire: HIS LEGACY LIVES ON

[16:35] Anlysia Gregoire points. "Success!"

[16:36] Ethan Schuman: Are we seriously at the point where third party gear is becoming that much of an issue?

[16:36] Niiya Narayan: yes.

[16:36] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Yeah it is

[16:36] Tsume Xiao: Yeah, Quite honestly the crack-downs are pretty much around people like foxers who liked to ignore ruling and then tell people to fuck off when he was asked to remove them.

[16:36] Anlysia Gregoire: Really it's all Tsume's fault.

[16:37] Tsume Xiao: Yes Ethan. it is.

[16:37] Tsume Xiao: ...

[16:37] Nikki4 Aquitaine: People are constantly using unapproved shit on raids and stuff

[16:37] Tsume Xiao: ._.

[16:37] Deathcore Torok has entered the sim.

[16:37] Agares Tretiak: Execuse me. Scum kill.

[16:37] Ethan Schuman: We need to really just limit Ordo soldiers to use Ordo or Ordo sponsored guns and gear when on duty.

[16:37] Disembodied Hand: (omg an AN attacker? O_o They live?)

[16:38] Keller Teichmann: Deathcore is probably here to see Nrom and Dark.

[16:38] Ethan Schuman: If people want to play with the toys they bought, they can go to New Jessie or an RP sim.

[16:38] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Yeah nobody would be pissed off at that at all Ethan

[16:38] Niiya Narayan: And this way it stops Numerii Bob pulling out this new fancy gun he got and raping the time dilation with it's mono compiled bullets.

[16:38] Ethan Schuman: I don't care if they're pissed off. If we did away with Cyphre's cleavage, nothing is sacred.

[16:39] Disembodied Hand: LOL

[16:39] Disembodied Hand spits out the sweet tea he was drinking

[16:39] Niiya Narayan: And this is also to regulate ordo "approved" vendors

[16:39] Anlysia Gregoire: SWEET TEA

[16:39] Anlysia Gregoire: I haven't had sweet tea since I was in Atlanta. :<

[16:39] Niiya Narayan: it's easy to get approved and then go make a completely retarded OP gun and say "I GOT BLANKET APPROVAL SO NYA"

[16:39] Nasarati Zeno has left the sim.

[16:39] Disembodied Hand: Im a southern g ;p

[16:39] Keller Teichmann: University has a place that sells sweet-tea.

[16:40] Anlysia Gregoire: Niiya: AKA what Garion did.

[16:40] Ethan Schuman: I'm dead serious. If we're taking some of the interprative freedom out, then the tech needs to be reigned in as well.

[16:40] Tsume Xiao: I honestly think some of the guns from "blanket approved" places were garbage. So I like the idea of individual testing.

[16:40] Keller Teichmann: Anyways, my personal thoughts on it is that if we are going to start dropping the hammer, we need to have more weapons coming into the Ordo. The Apostle Aplexus was the first 'major' new gun in... we're probably getting close to a year now.

[16:41] Ethan Schuman: This is the Ordo. We take great pride in our equipment and gear.

[16:41] Anlysia Gregoire: Well. Unless you count seventy projects Alpha squads start and don't finish.

[16:41] Keller Teichmann: We've had weapons like the SCAR, M4, for over a year. The MP5k for literally years. People get bored of their toys if there isn't some change.

[16:41] Niiya Narayan: we do... and thus it should all be flawless

[16:41] Tsume Xiao: And dont put through Munitorium. I hate that.

[16:41] Keller Teichmann: Hence why I kinda went 'eff this' and started on the caseless project.

[16:42] Tsume Xiao: "We paid for our gun ourselves so fuck off munitorium" Hate.

[16:42] Ethan Schuman: We've had the SCAR because it works, and works well. If we need a change, we'll do one in appearance.

[16:42] Ethan Schuman: The MP5, on the other hand, should have been gone ages ago.

[16:42] Niiya Narayan: yup

[16:42] Keller Teichmann: I got paid? <_>

[16:42] Tsume Xiao: No not you Fish.

[16:42] Anlysia Gregoire: (By Aryte. ;o)

[16:42] Niiya Narayan: The MP5K will fail the new standards

[16:42] Nikki4 Aquitaine: The guy who made the aplexus

[16:42] Ethan Schuman: Keller's weapon designs are original and top notch.

[16:42] Nikki4 Aquitaine: and

[16:42] Nikki4 Aquitaine: We'll come to the mp5k in a min lol

[16:42] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Cos thats my next topic

[16:42] Niiya Narayan: so a replacement is underway

[16:42] Nikki4 Aquitaine: XD

[16:43] Anlysia Gregoire: Anything else to say about the database?

[16:43] Keller Teichmann: I try Ethan. Honestly it was @#$!ing hard to come up with this stuff. Especially when you can't draw worth a damn. :<

[16:43] Anlysia Gregoire: (Ethan and Tsume are still typing.)

[16:43] Tsume Xiao: I was referencing the Multiplex that Astra has. Came out of no where, was not approved by munitorium, and is still not being beta tested per Munitorium/Aryte's rules.

[16:43] Keller Teichmann: But at least it doesn't look like Kelkith's monstrosities.

[16:43] Ethan Schuman: Anyways, point being is that our identity as Ordo soldiers is also defined by our use of Ordo gear. You don't see rank and file US platoon soldiers running around each using their own gun they brought from home.

[16:44] Ethan Schuman: I'm also lagging very badly.

[16:44] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Yeah but this is also a game Ethan

[16:44] Tsume Xiao: Actually some places allow you to use whatever sidearm you like as long as its a certain caliber.

[16:44] Niiya Narayan: This isn't RL thoug

[16:44] Nikki4 Aquitaine: So people want pretty shit.

[16:44] Niiya Narayan: People get bored of using the same stuff all the time

[16:44] Keller Teichmann: ^

[16:44] Ethan Schuman: Then we'll give them pretty shit.

[16:44] Ethan Schuman: They've got great uniforms, we can give them nice guns. We can rebuild them! We have the technology!

[16:45] Niiya Narayan: in RL militaries it's a good idea cause all the guns use the same parts and ammo and you only have to train to use one weapon

[16:45] Ethan Schuman: (+50 points if you get the ref)

[16:45] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Only we're currently understaffed in building new content as it is Ethan

[16:45] Corsi Mousehold: 6 mil man

[16:45] BurrWolf Qin has entered the sim.

[16:45] Tsume Xiao: Ethan... 6 Million Dollar man.. its not hard.

[16:45] Corsi Mousehold: We're old enough to remember that one Tsume.

[16:45] Anlysia Gregoire: WTB animators. :V

[16:45] Niiya Narayan: And lets not forget that alot of members of this military also earn a living off SL gun sales ;p

[16:45] Ethan Schuman: The same holds true here too, Niiya. We train on our gear. Other militaries expect us to adhere to their standards. We can't efficently enforce that.

[16:46] Niiya Narayan: As well as the military itself

[16:46] Maverick Garfield has entered the sim.

[16:46] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Yeah

[16:46] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Let's stop people using TI shit then? :P

[16:46] Ethan Schuman: Yes, they do, Niiya. Which is why Titan, Ironsight, Mistral, and whoever else is in Ordo can get Ordo approval.

[16:46] MikeMurdock McMillan: I want to build new content,but the problem is 1) not good with sculpts and shit and 2) not good with guns only making vehicles

[16:46] Nikki4 Aquitaine: ...

[16:46] Anlysia Gregoire: Well almost everything in the database so far is TI, ISA, MM, and whoever else.

[16:46] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Yeah that

[16:46] Tsume Xiao: Nope.

[16:46] Tsume Xiao: One MM gun.

[16:46] Tsume Xiao: 2 TI

[16:46] Anlysia Gregoire: Plus a bunch of here-and-there.

[16:46] Tsume Xiao: 10 or so of mine.

[16:47] Keller Teichmann: I'll probably grab Williamca to run my guns through another script-test.

[16:47] Anlysia Gregoire: Really all the whole thing is, is just the old Curia forum posts about guns...made organized.

[16:47] Anlysia Gregoire: Like as in not 50 threads you have to Search through.

[16:47] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Yeah

[16:47] Tsume Xiao: Keller, williamca isnt authed to do that for teh Database.

[16:47] Niiya Narayan: yup

[16:47] Nikki4 Aquitaine: What Anly said sums it up really

[16:47] Keller Teichmann: He's my test dummy. I can do timings too y'know. D;

[16:47] MikeMurdock McMillan: as for animations tenaki never posted that beginner's guide to animating i asked for a long time ago >:|

[16:48] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Anyway

[16:48] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Anything else?

[16:48] MikeMurdock McMillan: so my capabilities of animating is that or a retarded catfish

[16:48] MikeMurdock McMillan: *of

[16:48] Niiya Narayan: and all adhering to quite reasonable standards designed to improve the performance of both the group and the simulator while also maintaining a level of fairness

[16:48] Nikki4 Aquitaine: ^ some more

[16:48] Tsume Xiao: I still sdont like the classification chart (no offense Niiya)

[16:49] Anlysia Gregoire: Shrug, that can be played with.

[16:49] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Well it was only rough, we can make revisions

[16:49] Anlysia Gregoire: It's easy enough to change around. The testing won't really change regardless.

[16:49] Ethan Schuman: In a perfect world, we could have an agreement between all the major groups that third party guns can be used so long as said third party is a member in good standing of the military career.

[16:49] Anlysia Gregoire: In a perfect world I wouldn't hate everyone.

[16:49] Niiya Narayan: well

[16:49] Ethan Schuman: But that will never happen.

[16:49] Anlysia Gregoire: So we deal. >:|

[16:49] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Also

[16:50] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Ethan RL militaries don't build guns themselves :P

[16:50] Niiya Narayan: you're forgetting that most other groups guns are fucking appauling compared to most 3rd party vendors :p

[16:50] Niiya Narayan: What were the script times on that Operations gun Tsume?

[16:50] Nikki4 Aquitaine: They get 3rd parties to build them!

[16:50] Keller Teichmann: .407

[16:50] Nikki4 Aquitaine: .3 idle.

[16:50] Nikki4 Aquitaine: lol

[16:50] Niiya Narayan facepalms.

[16:50] Tsume Xiao: mmhmm

[16:50] Keller Teichmann: you can have about... 300/9... yeah, around 30 of my guns? :D

[16:50] Tsume Xiao: 0.36 something idle.

[16:50] Ethan Schuman: Those are Poon scripts. Very inefficient. Nexii's will probably fare much better.

[16:51] Niiya Narayan: SCAR-L idles at .008

|MP5 Replacement|

[16:51] Keller Teichmann: Anywho... next topic? c_c

[16:51] Nikki4 Aquitaine: ASTRA STANDARD WEAPON

[16:51] MikeMurdock McMillan: i see a aryte o:

[16:51] Anlysia Gregoire: Indeed.

[16:51] Aryte Vesperia: (BASEBALL BAT.)

[16:51] Nikki4 Aquitaine: They want that futuristic gizmo

[16:51] Keller Teichmann: (the one on my right leg will probably be Astra standard once its released).

[16:51] Nikki4 Aquitaine: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/8558-astra-standard-weapon-poll/page__mode__show

[16:51] Aryte Vesperia: (IF YOU GET SHOT DOWN FUCK YOU, IT'S YOUR FAULT.)

[16:51] Ethan Schuman: I also have a feeling that the high script time on the Operations/Mercz guns is improper and inefficient implementation of the complete avatar AO.

[16:52] Tsume Xiao: Well maybe int he next update they can fix... that.... Oh... >.>

[16:52] Keller Teichmann: Honestly, I would much rather go for the Magpul, or a realistic gun, keeping in touch with the fact we usually have one modern gun, and one futuristic gun. c_c

[16:52] Anlysia Gregoire: That's my thought.

[16:52] Nikki4 Aquitaine: I'd prefer the magpul tbh

[16:52] Anlysia Gregoire: We have one "real" gun, and one "sci-fi" gun.

[16:53] Anlysia Gregoire: MAGPUL IT IS :V *caseclosed*

[16:53] Anlysia Gregoire solved everything.

[16:53] Nikki4 Aquitaine: lol dey gonna rageface

[16:53] Ethan Schuman: I've never been a fan of "real" guns. I like creativity. The Mercz are taking that approach with their new line of gear.

[16:53] Tsume Xiao: I can still has script like I was gonna with the MTAR yus? :>

[16:53] Anlysia Gregoire: OH NO SOMEONE IS GOING TO RAGEFACE AT ANLY, WHAT WILL I DO?

[16:53] Anlysia Gregoire doesn't care. :|

[16:53] Anlysia Gregoire: Either that or put up the same poll without the sci-fi guns.

[16:53] Keller Teichmann: There's also the fact that, if you wanted to actually do a render like that justice, it would be ridiculously prim/sculpt-heavy.

[16:54] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Yeah

[16:54] Nrom Normandy has entered the sim.

[16:54] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Just be like "not enough concept images doing magpul"

[16:54] Keller Teichmann: (or LL could hurry up and STATICMESHFLKADLSF)

[16:54] Keller Teichmann: I found a decent magpul concept image. Enough to get the profile of it at least.

[16:54] Keller Teichmann: I'll see if I can dig it up again.

[16:54] Anlysia Gregoire: The Magpul looks like a P90 with bits missing.

[16:54] Tsume Xiao: Relying on tech that may not even work if it ever comes out = not great idea D:

[16:55] Tsume Xiao: MagPul is like P90+Tavor+F2000

[16:55] Ethan Schuman: Yes. We've all seen how well LL implements "Revolutionary new features!"

[16:55] Tsume Xiao: Made out of shrinkydinks and put in the oven

[16:55] Anlysia Gregoire: I know what we should give Astra.

[16:55] Nikki4 Aquitaine: + rocket launcher

[16:55] Zabimato Outlander has left the sim.

[16:55] Anlysia Gregoire: The MEGAGUN.

[16:55] Nikki4 Aquitaine: lets have that too

[16:55] Tsume Xiao: YES

[16:55] Tsume Xiao: I SUPPORT THE MEGAGUN

[16:55] Keller Teichmann: We don't script jamming and cook-offs into our guns.

[16:55] Disembodied Hand: I wouldnt rely on mesh, Half of the team was either fired of quit and its on pause until further notice

[16:55] Tsume Xiao: Lol.

[16:55] Aryte Vesperia: All of AC: "MEGAGUN. TELL KELLER TO MAKE THE MEGACUM."

[16:55] Nikki4 Aquitaine: THEN IT IS SETTLED

[16:55] Ethan Schuman: ....

[16:55] Nikki4 Aquitaine: ...

[16:55] Keller Teichmann: ......

[16:55] Ethan Schuman: Screenshotted.

[16:55] Anlysia Gregoire: fdzasljkfdsajgljdsajrgj

[16:55] Aryte Vesperia: WHOA

[16:55] Nikki4 Aquitaine: LOL

[16:55] Aryte Vesperia: LOL

[16:55] Niiya Narayan: Jesus... Get a room!

[16:55] MikeMurdock McMillan: megacum? o.o

[16:55] Nikki4 Aquitaine: QUOTED

[16:55] Aryte Vesperia: WOW

[16:56] MikeMurdock McMillan: eww

[16:56] MikeMurdock McMillan: DX

[16:56] Lee Serenity has left the sim.

[16:56] Ethan Schuman: And on coms.

[16:56] Keller Teichmann: I am so glad I took off my HUD.

[16:56] MikeMurdock McMillan gets aryte's mind out of the gutter :<

[16:56] Keller Teichmann: ;_;

[16:56] Niiya Narayan: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5428347/IMG_3840.jpg

[16:56] Aryte Vesperia: Wow.

[16:56] Niiya Narayan: oooooh pretty

[16:56] Aryte Vesperia: I dunno how that happened.

[16:56] Aryte Vesperia: HM.

[16:56] Disembodied Hand: haha. it does look like a chopped up p90

[16:57] Niiya Narayan: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5428347/00-2-2-08-0029.jpg

[16:57] MikeMurdock McMillan: Antesignani get votoms now plz *is shot to death by everyone here*

[16:57] Niiya Narayan: it's a p90 but not shit

[16:57] Anlysia Gregoire: http://www.israel-weapon.com/default.asp?catid={99C6FB0D-CEDF-4E85-B5D8-AC9ED2A679FA}

[16:57] Tsume Xiao: Its a bullpup with P90-ish looks that feeds from a STANAG 5.56 mag

[16:57] Nikki4 Aquitaine: OK

[16:57] Nikki4 Aquitaine: OK

[16:57] Anlysia Gregoire: What's that called again, Aryte?

[16:57] Nikki4 Aquitaine: We'll make the magpul

[16:57] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Who can make it

[16:57] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Keller can you make it?

[16:57] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Make it please.

[16:57] Nikki4 Aquitaine: :>

[16:57] Keller Teichmann looks at his list.

[16:57] Zerowinged Vasiliev has entered the sim.

[16:57] Aryte Vesperia: G and c are kinda close together. So is m and n.

[16:57] Nikki4 Aquitaine: We're more needy

[16:57] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Than

[16:57] Anlysia Gregoire: Sure if you want it next year.

[16:57] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Like

[16:58] Nikki4 Aquitaine: That dude that wants that one gun

[16:58] Keller Teichmann points at the SMG on his right hip. c_c

[16:58] Niiya Narayan: I can maybe

[16:58] Nikki4 Aquitaine: You should build it tonight

[16:58] Tsume Xiao: http://www.israel-weapon.com/files/Galleries/MegaGun/roni3.jpg

[16:58] Nikki4 Aquitaine: ffffffffffffff

[16:58] Niiya Narayan: Tsume

[16:58] Nikki4 Aquitaine: I WANT THAT

[16:58] Keller Teichmann: Once this is finished and Anly's broken it, I can put the SMG here towards Astra

[16:58] Niiya Narayan: wtf

[16:58] Anlysia Gregoire: It's a pistol with lots of bling.

[16:58] Keller Teichmann: And then I can start on the Magpul once I've hammered through the rest of the CWs.

[16:58] Anlysia Gregoire: No seriously.

[16:58] Niiya Narayan: That's just a glock with a nasty conversion kit

[16:58] Anlysia Gregoire: It's a pistol, with lots of bling.

[16:58] Anlysia Gregoire: It's a Jericho, actually.

[16:58] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Exactly

[16:58] Niiya Narayan: SAME THING

[16:58] Niiya Narayan: OH SNAP

[16:59] Anlysia Gregoire: But you see, it's called THE MEGAGUN. (Unless you're Aryte.)

[16:59] Nikki4 Aquitaine: anyway

[16:59] Niiya Narayan: NOW TSUME'S GONNA KILL ME

[16:59] Tsume Xiao: The MEGAGUN is a conversion kit that attaches to the Jericho to make it into a carbine.

[16:59] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Niiya cant make the gun

[16:59] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Because Niiya is working on the sim

[16:59] Tsume Xiao: DO NOT INSULT THE JERICHO BY CALLING IT A GLOCK

[16:59] Nikki4 Aquitaine: So stop offering Niiya

[16:59] Nikki4 Aquitaine: :D

[16:59] Tsume Xiao: YOU SILLY SILLY PERSON

[16:59] Keller Teichmann: I'll put it on my list if there isn't another builder who can take it / do it before I can.

[16:59] Niiya Narayan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1fdt6uVpe4

[16:59] Keller Teichmann: But I'll be honest and state I have a ton of stuff lined up right now, so. c_c

[16:59] Niiya Narayan: This glock > Your jericho

[16:59] Anlysia Gregoire: Okay everyone shut up for a sec.

[17:00] Anlysia Gregoire: Who do we have on-tap who can work on it?

[17:00] Anlysia Gregoire: The Magpul.

[17:00] Keller Teichmann: Scarlett?

[17:00] Tsume Xiao: I can put the scripts in a box.

[17:00] Anlysia Gregoire: Scarlet, Niiya are the two that pop into my head first.

[17:00] Tsume Xiao: And box gun can reign terror

[17:00] Tsume Xiao: Scarlet is a bit Upset.

[17:00] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Niiya and I need to work on the sim ._.

[17:00] Aryte Vesperia: Niiya is busy building me a pretty sim.

[17:00] Tsume Xiao: Aryte did you talk to him yet? :/

[17:00] Aryte Vesperia: I did.

[17:01] Anlysia Gregoire: Now he blames you Tsume, for everything.

[17:01] Anlysia Gregoire: So it's all good.

[17:01] Tsume Xiao: He was all like "I am sad, Have Aryte talk to me. Now I will fill my sim with Rainbows and Stalin.

[17:01] Anlysia Gregoire: Now he blames you Tsume, for everything.

[17:01] Anlysia Gregoire: So it's all good.

[17:01] Ethan Schuman: It's always the jew's fault.

[17:02] Zerowinged Vasiliev has left the sim.

[17:02] Tsume Xiao: Dont blame me because your Galil project failed.

[17:02] Niiya Narayan: Scarlet is an awesome sculpter

[17:02] MikeMurdock McMillan: ._.

[17:02] Keller Teichmann: But anyways. If Scarlet doesn't want it / can't do it, I can add it in to my line of things to do. Would probably be... realisticly a month?

[17:02] Aryte Vesperia: Sorry, still hung up on that. Go on.

[17:02] Niiya Narayan: He's maybe a little too efficient for what people will expect though

[17:02] Ethan Schuman: GEEE, I wonder what Keller and Aryte are talking about in their channel.

[17:03] Genostrike Sautereau has left the sim.

[17:03] Anlysia Gregoire: Just tell him to use twice as many prims.

[17:03] Anlysia Gregoire: As he normally would.

[17:03] Aryte Vesperia: We'd be in my channel if that's the case.

[17:03] Anlysia Gregoire: So that'd be like.

[17:03] zanndor Aeon has left the sim.

[17:03] Tsume Xiao: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwxRhZiFWy4

[17:03] Keller Teichmann: ...

[17:03] Niiya Narayan: 2?

[17:03] Anlysia Gregoire: Four.

[17:03] Keller Teichmann: It's Scarlet

[17:03] Niiya Narayan: He's really, really efficient.

[17:03] Genostrike Sautereau has entered the sim.

[17:03] Keller Teichmann: not Gutterblood Spoonhammer / whatever the ffff his name is

[17:03] Niiya Narayan: Which is fantastic, don't get me wrong...

|Sim Build|

[17:05] Nikki4 Aquitaine: SIM BUILD LOOKS COOL I MADE A NEW SCULPTY CORRIDOR

[17:05] Nikki4 Aquitaine: That is all

[17:05] Keller Teichmann: (I haven't been logging this since someone derailed it. I forget who, but)

[17:05] Disembodied Hand: lol

[17:05] Anlysia Gregoire: So what's the ETA on the simbuild? :P

[17:05] Nikki4 Aquitaine: 1984

[17:05] Aryte Vesperia: LOL I JUST ASKED.

[17:06] Tsume Xiao: Make sure to log Niiya saying Scarlet is a good sculptor or Scarlet wont believe the IM flood I left him.

[17:06] Anlysia Gregoire: AKA should we knock down what's on the ground NOW and build ANOTHER build in the interim?

[17:06] Aryte Vesperia: Would you mind if I like . . had the bottom floor booldozed?

[17:06] Anlysia Gregoire: Because you know, stuff.

[17:06] Aryte Vesperia: Yeah.

[17:06] Aryte Vesperia: What anly said.

[17:06] Kryo Recreant has entered the sim.

[17:06] Anlysia Gregoire: The build we have right now is shitty shit that actually shits a whole 'nother shit out of itself.

[17:06] Nikki4 Aquitaine: It is

[17:06] Anlysia Gregoire: So should we do something interim, or will you be done in reasonable time? :P

[17:06] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Well

[17:06] Aryte Vesperia: Ethan.

[17:07] Aryte Vesperia: Why are you IMing LordBob.

[17:07] Nikki4 Aquitaine: We could get a base down in a reasonable time

[17:07] Nikki4 Aquitaine: But not all the details

[17:07] Ethan Schuman: I didn't tell him. I just told him to ask you.

[17:07] Niiya Narayan: Speaking of details

[17:07] Niiya Narayan: we need people to do some of the graphics work for us

[17:07] Corsi Mousehold has left the sim.

[17:07] Aryte Vesperia: It may be a good idea to kill the bottom floor sim build because of prims.

[17:07] Disembodied Hand: What sort of work?

[17:07] Aryte Vesperia: And do a low prim temp battlefield.

[17:07] Niiya Narayan: Like a bunch of pretty soviet syle propoganda posters

[17:08] Anlysia Gregoire: Did you talk to Josey?

[17:08] Keller Teichmann: Call the Waffle.

[17:08] Niiya Narayan: and some holographic screens and stuff

[17:08] Ethan Schuman: Wish we could have the last sim build back. It was nice and low prim.

[17:08] Niiya Narayan: Waffle said he'd do some

[17:08] Tsume Xiao: And not OMGAWD D:< LAGGY

[17:08] Niiya Narayan: he's a bit busy is all

[17:08] Nikki4 Aquitaine: I wish Chronus would go away

[17:08] Ethan Schuman: Intus can do them too.

[17:08] Anlysia Gregoire: Waffle's AWOL due to doing that...summer thing with kids.

[17:08] Anlysia Gregoire: Josey was on like an hour ago.

[17:08] Keller Teichmann: Waffle, Anly.

[17:08] Keller Teichmann: Not Nanao.

[17:08] Anlysia Gregoire: No, he is.

[17:08] Ethan Schuman points at the fishstick. "He said it. Not me."

[17:09] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Well

[17:09] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Basicall

[17:09] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Basically

[17:09] Nikki4 Aquitaine: If you want a basic sim with not much interior

[17:10] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Thennnnn it's (i'm not gonna put a time on the table) soon

[17:10] Aryte Vesperia: SHOULD we bulldoze the bottom and set up a temp battlefield?

[17:10] Anlysia Gregoire: We could totally be like the big fourteen-floor Vanguard base that had NOTHING IN IT.

(lots of random chatter)

[17:16] Anlysia Gregoire: Okay so we'll knock down the current build and build a new, temp one. Good times. Decision made. *pounds gavel* Anyway Nikki you had something else?

|Multiple Grenade Launcher|

Lost logs at this point (crashed out)

In short, discussion of scripting a four-barrel grenade launcher for Ordo use.

Post meeting summary:

Lotsa stuff talked about.

Caseless Weapons project is nearing it's completion.

Magpul PDW decided for the new Modern SMG. Builder undetermined?

Sim-build possibly changing.

Grenade launcher on project list.

Meeting notes:

===========================================================

>General Meeting Documentation-V.2 Revision MAY2010

***END OF REPORT***

I've been wanting to ask this since I have seen that a lot of weapons have been around a while and there is often murmurs about updating or revamping equipment for a specific alpha squad or some other reason. I noticed that something similar was mentioned in the meeting so I have a little suggestion.

Is there any type of logging for the mercury auth? I'm asking this mainly because if it is possible to log usage of a particular gun whenever the authentication occurs, this could be used to track statistics to see what weapons are being used the most and see which gear needs to be phased out for newer styles of weaponry, or also see which gear gets the most use and should get updated with better quality models, scripts, animations and textures if needed. I think this would assist a lot in making decisions regarding that.

Edited by Nrom Normandy

I've been wanting to ask this since I have seen that a lot of weapons have been around a while and there is often murmurs about updating or revamping equipment for a specific alpha squad or some other reason.

Spectre and Negev were both just rebuilt and rescripted. They are the only two pieces of gear in alpha squads old enough to need it.

Is there any type of logging for the mercury auth? I'm asking this mainly because if it is possible to log usage of a particular gun whenever the authentication occurs.

Yes. Every auth is recorded when and where. Thats how Astra can :/ at you if you rez a plane outside of Ordo events.

Spectre and Negev were both just rebuilt and rescripted. They are the only two pieces of gear in alpha squads old enough to need it.

Yes. Every auth is recorded when and where. Thats how Astra can :/ at you if you rez a plane outside of Ordo events.

Yes, and I watch over every auth, gun and planes, and will send out warnings.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.