Clicky

Corsi Mousehold

Ordo Group Gathering - 06Aug10

[19:09] Aryte Vesperia: Go ahead and have a seat.

[19:09] Aryte Vesperia: Lemme hush up my IMs real quick.

[19:09] Johann Wilberg: Fuck year, rubber ball.

[19:10] Aryte Vesperia: All righty. To begin: damn good work today. Merczateers pulled off a flawless surprise attack, with Ordo support.

[19:10] Aryte Vesperia: I am very impressed with everyone. It couldn't have gone any better.

[19:10] Aryte Vesperia: Any comments or q uestions on that?

[19:11] Nrom Normandy raises his hand.

[19:11] Aryte Vesperia: Normandy.

[19:11] Eriksson Foxtrot raises his hand for a comment.

[19:11] Nrom Normandy: Sir, I heard over vent that this may have received an official operation name. Is this true?

[19:11] Johann Wilberg raises his hand.

[19:12] Aryte Vesperia: I .. am not sure what it was.

[19:12] Aryte Vesperia: Photo something probably.

[19:12] Keller Teichmann: Operation Photo Finish, I think

[19:12] Jake Stoanes: I think Operation Shiny Disco Ball sounds better. :x

[19:12] Aryte Vesperia: Photo Finish.

[19:12] Aryte Vesperia: Got it

[19:12] Jake Stoanes: lol

[19:12] Aryte Vesperia: Wilberg?

[19:13] Aryte Vesperia: Wiiiilbeeer.

[19:13] Johann Wilberg: Can we do more like that a lot more often, pretty please?

[19:13] Aryte Vesperia: Amen. Yes.

[19:14] Aryte Vesperia: It was an outstanding success for the IS. And, well, there's some big items coming down the track from that. You'll all see pretty soon.

[19:14] Johann Wilberg: :D

[19:15] Eriksson Foxtrot raises his hand for a comment on today

[19:16] Eriksson Foxtrot shouts: The combined work everyone did today was absolutely phenomenal. We got through an Allied Defense, Defense Operation, and Base Raid. All very successful in each. There really wasn't anymore of a time I was more proud of being apart of Iron Symphony, and the Ordo Imperialis. Simply excellent work everyone, you all deserve a salute and a pat on the back.

[19:16] Eriksson Foxtrot salutes!

[19:16] Eriksson Foxtrot: That is all.

[19:17] Aryte Vesperia: Aw. Thank you. Amen.

[19:17] Aryte Vesperia: Anyone else?

[19:18] Jake Stoanes raises hand

[19:18] Aryte Vesperia: Stoanes?

[19:18] Jake Stoanes shouts: Simply put, sir, I am glad we finally got the chance to really shoot 2142 in the foot.

[19:19] Jake Stoanes shouts: Or in the head, where ever you'd like to play the shot.

[19:19] Aryte Vesperia: in the nuts, most likely.

[19:20] Jake Stoanes shouts: I would, however, like to see more raids like this one. I unfortunately missed it, and would really love to stick it to LordBob some more.

[19:20] Jake Stoanes: That is all I had to say, sir.

[19:20] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[19:21] BurrWolf Qin raises his paw

[19:22] Aryte Vesperia: Qin?

[19:22] BurrWolf Qin shouts: That starter area for Base has the perfect area for a large musket fight between Ordo and 2142. We could start at oppostite sides and duke it out like its 1775

[19:22] Aryte Vesperia: Heh. If 2142 obliges.

[19:23] Aryte Vesperia: Regardless. Very good turn out and work today. We'll definitely work to see more missions of this scale. It was very refreshing.

[19:25] Vash Crimson: you were lonely?

[19:25] Keller Teichmann: ...

[19:25] Mercury: Lost contact: Vash Crimson

[19:25] Aryte Vesperia: Fixed.

[19:25] Keller Teichmann: ...he's lucky SL failed to rez my shotgun. >:[

[19:26] Disembodied Hand: me too

[19:26] Disembodied Hand: i was in the line of fire.

[19:27] Aryte Vesperia: For a couple of months now, we've been idly mulling about opportunities to make down-time in TItan more enjoyable and less . . sitting there.

[19:28] Aryte Vesperia: The military community is largely dependant upon combat for entertainment, which is understandable. Although our raid levels continue to increase, there's ample opportunity to use the hours between combat in a more entertaining manner.

[19:28] Aryte Vesperia: Months back, we proposed mini games and other Ordo involved stuff.

[19:29] Aryte Vesperia: Something like an Ordo HUD game was mentioned-- but the design and functionality are still pretty unknown.

[19:31] Aryte Vesperia: One idea that was proposed to me (by Kinera), was using an existing platform-- the Seven Seas thing. I wasn't aware that you could actually add your own items into it and set rarity. So that is an option. I'm actually kind of amused at the thought of forty Ordo fishing in a lava pond trying to find pieces to a new jetbike or something.

[19:32] Eriksson Foxtrot raises hand on that

[19:32] Aryte Vesperia: Foxtrot?

[19:32] Eriksson Foxtrot: We don't have to buy bait, do we?

[19:32] Eriksson Foxtrot: I never knew a jetbike part could eat bait.

[19:33] Aryte Vesperia: On that system, yes, but bai is extremely che-- haha.

[19:33] Aryte Vesperia: DON'T QUESTION IT.

[19:33] Eriksson Foxtrot: Hey, setup a vendor for SevenSeas, make some money out of bait money.

[19:33] Aryte Vesperia: Profit isn't the interest. And, well, bait is stupid cheap, so that'd hardly happen. It'd be an opportunity to pass time.

[19:34] Eriksson Foxtrot: Understandable.

[19:34] Heavy666 Bolden raises a paw

[19:34] Disembodied Hand raises .... self?

[19:34] Aryte Vesperia: But this is really only the beginning. I'd love to hear more ideas: our goal would be to make Titan and membership as immersive as possible, rather than being completely reliant on combat for entertainment.

[19:35] Aryte Vesperia: Bolden?

[19:35] Heavy666 Bolden shouts: What if we had an arcade in the radar room. I know in my previous military I had one, and it keeped everyone entertained.

[19:36] Aryte Vesperia: If we can find arcade games that are not laggy or annoying (Vae Victus has them-- which were laggy and annoying), I wouldn't mind at all.

[19:36] Kastrenzo Benelli raises hand

[19:36] Aryte Vesperia: Hand?

[19:36] Jake Stoanes raises hand

[19:37] Disembodied Hand: Would these games be limited to non-competitive types? Or would building a battle-bot thunderdome for recreational use and back-alley QP gambling work?

[19:37] Aryte Vesperia: . . I . .

[19:38] Aryte Vesperia: I have no idea w hat that is. But ok!

[19:38] Disembodied Hand: erm.. Would the games be limited to things that are personal bests? or games where one player bests another

[19:38] Aryte Vesperia: Benelli.

[19:38] Kastrenzo Benelli: related to the arcade thing, when we used to have an Arcade in the Vae Victus some years ago, there was also a TV that had a selection of full length movies and television programs, I'm not sure if it ever caused lag or sim problems or not, but would there be a chance of installing something like that again?

[19:38] Aryte Vesperia: (COmeptitive is fine, Hand!)

[19:39] Disembodied Hand: (kk)

[19:39] Aryte Vesperia: Hm . . yeah, could do, Benelli. I just recall it being rarely used back then.

[19:39] Aryte Vesperia: Although I did watch Shoot 'em Up 3 times.

[19:39] Kastrenzo Benelli: eh, some people used it, I did at least

[19:39] Kastrenzo Benelli: and that crashed me.. 3 times

[19:39] Kastrenzo Benelli: -__-

[19:40] Aryte Vesperia: It's why I watched it 3 times...

[19:40] Acheron Gloom: movies = awesome.

[19:40] shippo Coba raises paw

[19:40] Aryte Vesperia: Stoanes?

[19:40] Jake Stoanes: would it be possible to create a kind of.... paintball like thing? Based more on points systems than killing, like the killhouse with normal weapons? This could work as training and entertainment without using full on weapons. Could also be interesting to toss in quality points depending on the winners points, or something like that. Add an insentive. Also, might we worth looking into a Greedy table. I have always found that game fun.

[19:40] Aryte Vesperia: .. that's a good idea.

[19:40] Aryte Vesperia: I like that.

[19:40] Aryte Vesperia: The painball that is.

[19:40] Aryte Vesperia: HM.

[19:40] Aryte Vesperia: Painball lol.

[19:40] Aryte Vesperia: PAINT.

[19:41] Aryte Vesperia: Footman?

[19:42] Aryte Vesperia: That'd be .. kind of amusing!

[19:42] Aryte Vesperia: Cobababa?

[19:42] Keller Teichmann also raises his hand.

[19:43] Disembodied Hand raises self again.

[19:44] shippo Coba: ah yes in accordance to the movie idea that benalli came up with as i mentioned to you a bit ago to set up a monthly day that all ordo personell have off to enjoy board games movies and social discussion. Would be good to ease stress on some of the members and help people who are running a bit late on their paper work a day to catch up

[19:44] Hollowmengitus Yifu: "Ordo: Bank Holiday."

[19:44] Aryte Vesperia: Hahaha.

[19:44] shippo Coba: (Basically like a fun day for everyone)

[19:44] Aryte Vesperia: Could.

[19:44] Aryte Vesperia: Teichmann?

[19:46] Keller Teichmann: ...I totally forgot.

[19:46] Keller Teichmann is tired. ._.;

[19:46] Disembodied Hand: xD

[19:46] Aryte Vesperia: Okay!

[19:46] Aryte Vesperia: Hand?

[19:46] Keller Teichmann will probably remember it later.

[19:47] Disembodied Hand: Considering the interest of most members (shooting things) perhaps a game similar to the classic Duck Hunt would be good. Not only would it be entertaining but could also help train people with leading targets in SL

[19:47] Aryte Vesperia: Hahah. Schutze Hunt.

[19:48] Aryte Vesperia: Anyone else?

[19:49] Aryte Vesperia: Some good ideas here. I appreciate it.

[19:49] Corsi Mousehold raises her hand

[19:49] Aryte Vesperia: Mousehold?

[19:51] Corsi Mousehold: Currently we are having some large issues with script lag in combat. To the point where combat is uneffective. If we are adding games here, COuld the bulk of the additions be made after some of these ossues are fixed?

[19:51] Aryte Vesperia: Scripted junk, yeah.

[19:51] Aryte Vesperia: But a lot of that lag is due to the way temp items, bullets, are qued up now.

[19:48] Aryte Vesperia: Anyone else?

[19:49] Aryte Vesperia: Some good ideas here. I appreciate it.

[19:49] Corsi Mousehold raises her hand

[19:49] Aryte Vesperia: Mousehold?

[19:51] Corsi Mousehold: Currently we are having some large issues with script lag in combat. To the point where combat is uneffective. If we are adding games here, COuld the bulk of the additions be made after some of these ossues are fixed?

[19:51] Aryte Vesperia: Scripted junk, yeah.

[19:51] Aryte Vesperia: But a lot of that lag is due to the way temp items, bullets, are qued up now.

[19:52] Aryte Vesperia: Acheron, who is shy, mentioned more training opportunities-- which I agree, we need to get back into the habit. When the QP system is switched over (this weekend . . maybe? Hollow is ordered to antagonize me until I do it), I will begin awarding QP for direct participation in training events. Rather than only through PRF.

[19:53] Aryte Vesperia: Hm . . hm.

[19:53] Aryte Vesperia: Some good stuff here.

[19:53] Aryte Vesperia: Anythin' else?

[19:53] Corsi Mousehold raises her hand

[19:53] Kyra Vixen raises her paw.

[19:53] Aryte Vesperia: Mousehold.

[19:53] Corsi Mousehold: Can that training include volunteers for Schola 6 and Armatura?

[19:54] BurrWolf Qin raises his paw

[19:54] Aryte Vesperia: Definitely.

[19:54] Aryte Vesperia: Vixen?

[19:54] Corsi Mousehold: You made a happy mouse today sir.

[19:54] Kyra Vixen: When the QP system is switched over, will the raw point totals from PRFs be used, or will it still be limited to 50 QP per PRF performed?

[19:54] Aryte Vesperia: Hm . .

[19:55] Aryte Vesperia: Haven't considered that-- if I allowed the raw #, it has like a cieling of 70ish.

[19:55] Aryte Vesperia: I'd have to change frequencies, otherwise unlocks would become candy.

[19:55] Aryte Vesperia: Or I can make unlocks like 9243 points so only COrsi can get them.

[19:55] Aryte Vesperia: HM..

[19:56] Corsi Mousehold: HEY!

[19:56] Aryte Vesperia: We'll see! Good question.

[19:56] shippo Coba: lmao

[19:56] Aryte Vesperia: Qui Gon Qin?

[19:56] BurrWolf Qin shouts: I'd like to see us do CQB Training (Close Quarters Battle) Today I saw a few of us get aced by 2142 who were sneeking up on us in tight areas. Now that I work for the USMC Provost Office I might be able to get some USMC Training Materials.

[19:57] Aryte Vesperia: Well-- if that can be applied in world, by all means. Also please don't steal classified stuff. I don't want a burly Marine kicking down my door.

[19:57] Aryte Vesperia: Footman?

[19:58] BurrWolf Qin: It's all good: Mainly room clearing, whens a great time to toss a frag, annoucing it so your pals dont run into a room thats being fragged..stacking up..etc

[19:58] Aryte Vesperia: I'd love to see it.

[19:58] Aryte Vesperia: Thanks!

[19:59] Aryte Vesperia: Well thank you a lot for your input guys.

[19:59] Aryte Vesperia: For the newer members (and the oldies who need reminder), I do enjoy your ideas. Feel free to throw them my way any time. I want to make this as fun as I can for the greatest number of people.

[19:59] Ron Bleac raises hand.

[20:00] Aryte Vesperia: Bleac?

[20:00] Ron Bleac: Pardon me for the extremely, extremely slow reply. I'm kind of nodding in and out of sleep, anyway. That games idea. Prim realtime battleship game with arcing barrages/direct fire, each impact doing a certain amount of damage depending on the section of a battleship you're hitting?

[20:00] Ron Bleac: Kinda like, miniature cars and jazz, except with more explosions.

[20:00] Aryte Vesperia: .. that'd be fun!

[20:01] Aryte Vesperia: I used to cheat by having one peg of my aircraft carrier hanging off the board.

[20:01] Aryte Vesperia: Not even gonna lie.

[20:01] Ron Bleac: Hahahah.

[20:01] Jake Stoanes raises hand

[20:01] Ron Bleac: I meant, you could actually move your ships in real time, as squadrons or separately.

[20:01] Ron Bleac: That is all.

[20:02] Aryte Vesperia: Last one: Stoanes?

[20:02] Jake Stoanes: This is a concept that should make Ron happy. It's a lot like apple bobbing, if you've ever done that. But it'll be with kebabs.

[20:02] Aryte Vesperia: Lmao.

[20:02] Aryte Vesperia: wat

[20:02] Ron Bleac: I could use a kebab.

[20:02] Jake Stoanes: You've never done apple bobbing, sir?

[20:02] Corsi Mousehold: I am not bobbing for kebabs in the lava.

[20:02] Jake Stoanes: lmao

[20:03] Jake Stoanes: Ron is a murloc he can bob in anything

[20:03] Jake Stoanes: :P

[20:03] Aryte Vesperia: All righty guys. T hanks again. You are all dismissed. I am gonna pass out here in the next .. well. Eventually. So IM me now if needed. Much love. Etc.

[20:03] Aryte Vesperia: See you all tomorrow.

[20:03] Aryte Vesperia: And .. tonight likely.

[20:03] Aryte Vesperia: Bye!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.