Corsi Mousehold

Ordo Meeting - 07AUG10

~ORDO IMPERIALIS~

OFFICIAL DOCUMENT

<=====================Extend to this length=========================>

<===========================================================>

**********Meeting Report**********

NAME/RANK/DIVISION: Corsi Mousehold / E-8 / Antesignani

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE: 07AUG10

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT: General discussion; diplomacy, developments, reminders.

SUMMARY:

============================================================

CHAT LOG:

Meeting Opener

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia shouts: Good evening everyone.

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: Obligatory starter: welcome to this week’s meeting. Per the norm, please be certain to hold all questions and comments until provided the opportunity to speak. Interruptions will result in dismissal from the gathering. When you are provided the chance to speak, be sure to /shout/ your comments or questions—otherwise the recorder may not hear you. Thank you: let’s get to it. We'll make this quick as can be.

Imperator's Report

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: As always, we’ll begin with the weekly statistics:

Members: 308

Cadets: 3

Applications

New: 12

Accepted: 0

Denied: 6

Review: 6

Combat

Defensive: 79

Offensive: 12

Allied Assist: 4

Diplomatic Report

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic occurrences this week have been rather eventful. TAC interactions have been high. A leaked TAC meeting log revealed VG’s Christoph Naumova essentially dictating TAC actions. During the meeting, Naumova cited it was his intent to “wear down the IS” and that we’d already “gotten tired.” Very early this week, we had some run in with 2142 and CATI, which resulted in a lot of TAC ego. During a major raid, 2142 members utilized the immortality granted by H7 to briefly enter our base. Although brief, it was hailed as a major victory against the Ordo. In response, we promptly counter attacked and waded our way through latency to reach the 2142 primary compound . . . only to have the sim restarted out from under us. The situation escalated mid-week, with another attempt by 2142 to repeat the process . . . aaaand another counter attack that resulted in a lot of anger being thrown our way.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Yesterday, it all came to a head. A surprise attack was launched at 2:00 PM, under the veil of a photo shoot hosted by the Merczateers. “Operation Photo Finish.” Ordo personnel simultaneously raided 2142, defended Badarik, and defended Titan while Merczateers personnel broke VG defense and took a group picture in the VG meeting room. TAC manpower will be a bit crippled this week—LordBob is out of town, CS is closed for revisions, and VG is also down for revisions.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: In other news, several new groups have popped onto scene—Erebus, Fallen Angels, and Guerilla Rebels. FA is seeking relations with us.

Divisional Reports

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

[18:03] Lestat Umarov raises hand

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Umarov?

[18:04] WolfShaman Warrior raises his hand.

Terra

[18:04] Lestat Umarov shouts: From keller for Invictus: "Another week of high activity from the squad, with several members taking part in the joint-operation with the Merczateers last night and helping defend Badnarik the night before. Week ahead looks like it may see some more roster movement as well as further development of squad training and increased raiding."

[18:05] Mercury: New contact: Heavy666 Bolden

[18:05] Lestat Umarov shouts: From Corsi for Antesignani: "Well this has been a bit of a rough week. Squad has been very active but every time we went to hold training, someone attacked or a major offensive was held. Then again that would just reiterate that we were quite the active since we were participating in all of that. Scripting has started on the MGL and with luck that will be done soon."

[18:05] Lestat Umarov: Insidiae did not send a report...

[18:06] Lestat Umarov shouts: From Thatguy for Cohors B: "More PRFs, more trainings, more raids, more everythhing; Cohors B has picked up on activity as well as the Cohors staff working at their hardest to improve anything that needs improving. As you all (Terra) have noticed, Terra surveys have been sent out. It will be greatly appreciated if you fill out your survey and hand it in to myself (Cohors B members) and Firefox Breed (Cohors A members). Looking forward to see the activity increase more as well as the Cohors staff work."

[18:06] Lestat Umarov shouts: That concludes my report.

Astra

[18:06] WolfShaman Warrior: A bit slower this week for Astra. More Defensive than offensive operations. Astra did partake in the 2142 Raid yesterday, providing A2G bomb support, and Anti-bomber support for the ground forces.

Astra’s Internal restructure is progressing. Tactical Squadron is Stable, Apostle Squadron is Awaiting Gear, and Reserve/Training Squadon is getting closer to its much needed Revamp. Command has shifted slightly, with Blaze Wiles taking Primary focus on Commanding the Apostles, and Myself taking on more of the Leading role in the Tactical Squadron.

We are working on the Project side of things with Astra. The Apostle weapon which we’ve hit some snags due to the commissioner of the build and the scripter, Both Whom have left Ordo recently. We are working at Clearing that up, while looking for Alternatives should that fall through.

[18:07] WolfShaman Warrior: Our Aircraft focus has been on an upcoming Assault Shuttle as a much needed Replacement for the Current Dropship Design. We hope that this will help improve the viability of Astra on Joint missions with Transport, Taking on things we have learned from the Batlebus project. Prospects of it being multi-role Simular to the Russian HIND Helicopter. Troop Transport yet Able to be fielded as a Gunship. Again: Planning stages.

We are also looking for Someone to help us out with a Revamped model for the Predator, as well as someone who will be able to help us out with the Assault Shuttle. Preferable ability to Sculpt AND Texture the aircraft. If Interested, Contact Ethan Schuman.

[18:07] WolfShaman Warrior: Finally, as a Reminder: If any Astra members has any comments, questions, sugestiongs, and all that other fun and appreciated stuff, Send it up the chain! Weekly Flight reports are Great for this. We appreciate your input.

This has been an extended editon of “This Week in Astra!”

Curia

[18:07] Heather McKay raises her hand.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. McKay?

[18:08] Mercury: Titan entry:

Name: Niiya Narayan

Organisation: Ordo - Threat level: 0

[18:08] Mercury: New contact: Niiya Narayan

[18:08] Heather McKay shouts: A quick reminder, there will be a Curia open meeting where members of the Ordo Imperialis can ask questions concerning duties and responsibilities of Curia, and so forth. Consul Backer has also promised to bring pie and punch. This meeting will be held shortly after the group meeting in the Curia office.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Pie and punch. I'm down.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Any other reports for the evening?

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: All righty. Moving on.

[18:09] Corsi Mousehold raises her hand

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Or not. Mousehold?

Tactica

[18:09] Corsi Mousehold shouts: Quite a great deal happened this week in Tactica. Several assignments have gone out, THREE new militaries have appeared as well as one making a reappearance! We are gathering information on them still. The Tactica board has a new update and a standing Roster has appeared. Gone in and cleaned up the Over the next few days, more updates will be put onto our wonderful wall thanks to Kyra Vixen doing a rescript for us. Oh and I suppose I ought to say I'm the new CO of Tactica. Huttser Ishelwood has been bumped up to XO, if you read his SLAD report and have ever been on a raid with him, you'll know why!

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Must be his accent.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:10] Corsi Mousehold: Probably

[18:10] Huttser Ishelwood: 0.o

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Oops. Didn't know he was here~

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: MOVING ON . .

[18:11] Huttser Ishelwood: xD

Keynote Topics

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: What would a meeting be without at least one mention of the unlock system?

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: This weekend I am working on revising instructional materials (Schola, etc) to ensure the backend for unlock revisions are covered. After which, I will be speaking to Inoue Katsu to start making system (Mercury) changes. There will be a period in which things will be pretty up in the air—so please have some patience if unlocks are a bit slow for the next week.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: I should say adding the instructional materials. Hollow did all the hard work.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: My goal is to have the major system elements in place by Monday. Give or take motivation based upon distraction. Hah.

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: The first step will be to translate all existing unlock points into QP (interchangeably referred to as Imperial Credits now). After that, we will start implementing more methods of earning QP/credits. I intend to make the flow a lot less restrictive: PRFs and merits won’t be the only major sources. QP will be more easily used for incentive and reward. It will largely tie in to the next several topics I have this evening.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: Before I get into that, however, I do want to note several of these ideas come directly from you all! I’ve been pulling ideas from the letters you write me (from the E-5 exam and notecards). Credit is due to you as members, so thank you for the input!

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: Now, the first area I want to mention is a bit of an armory overhaul. I find this to be a great time to do so, with both our locker setup and unlock distributions hanging in mid-change up.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: Thanks to Inoue’s persistence, I have figured out how to separate items and tag them to certain groups—that way I can more easily spread out unlocks into multiple vendors, but still maintain access to the special units that would’ve earned them automatically. Squad gear, for example, will no longer be an issue.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: One of the big things I want to see is an expansion of our armory, with a phase out/revision of some of the “oldies but goodies” within the arsenal. The Adjudicator, the Mortar, rocket launchers, MP5K—all requires revision or replacement. We’ve murmured about making these changes for some time, but it’s time to see it through.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: This includes the additional choices for backpacks. The models for which have all been completed at this time.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: It seems to me that a lot of developmental power has been captured and gobbled up by the upper echelon units—our elite teams. Although we certainly have some goodies in the armory for everyone, the last thing I want to do is to overbalance where new stuff is going. As suggested in a letter to me, the “cool stuff” needs to be spread back out. So it will be.

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: This will be solved in a few ways (aside from revising/adding gear to the armory). First of which, squads may choose to release gear to the pool for all members as a work-around to their item limitation. For example . . . Antesignani could opt into releasing the Negev as an unlock, but still obtain it for their unit without using up one of their exclusive spots.

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: From time to time, I will also likely be adding TI gear to a vendor that may be purchased with QP—to give folks the opportunity to nab items from an authorized dealer without need of spending Linden.

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: Questions before we move on?

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Garfield?

[18:23] Maverick Garfield: The benelli Elite still going to be in the armory?

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Aye.

[18:24] Maverick Garfield: Thank you sir (only shotgun I haven't got yet.)

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Anyone else?

[18:25] femme Lisa: ty

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: All right. Moving on.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Yesterday we held a brief gathering to re-touch on side events / entertainment opportunities for the Ordo. A lot of good ideas were tossed around. I appreciate the participation.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: As I mentioned: our goal is to make Titan and membership as immersive as possible, rather than being completely reliant on combat for entertainment. Future combat plans are definitely aimed at making that element (sim build, etc) more fun, but there will still be down time to kill. Even beyond that: some members spend time here less for the combat, and more for side elements.

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: We do have one project underway (provided by Kinera!), which will use an existing commercial platform to allow Ordo members to spend time playing a little mini-game on the side for group related items.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: We will be exploring this (Seven Seas) heavily, adding collectible items to the inventory for Ordo members to hunt for: authorized additions to the gear, additional pieces of gear, or parts to collect to create unique stuff (for example, a new jetbike).

[18:30] Vilkacis Mason: !

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: My staff, namely Hollowmengitus, wrote up this rough list of possibilities: “Armor additions (SCUBA GEAR), emblems, textures, seals, Scrolls of the Imperator ( in parts, and in code, ) old gear, textures (for the shoulder, bracers, minor parts - different colors, etc.) hats, misc. warhammer things (?), collectible action figures, toy soldiers, backpacks, energy drinks, weapons - small arms, fancy pistols, dress swords, different textured facemasks, different styled canes/scepters, shields, capes, various decorative items for people to use outside of the Ordo, skulls of the fallen (great enemies, different colors, etc).” I am not really sure where scuba gear comes in, but sure.

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Although . . . not at all a final list, it shows a good glimpse of the possibilities.

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: Beyond that, we will also be looking into the other ideas proposed yesterday:

- Paintball sort of training system;

- Competitive arenas;

- Arcade / television / movie opportunities;

- A lot more (productive) training opportunities;

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: These will all tie into the expanded use of QP/Credits: we will provide incentive for participation in group educational projects, giving folks a double kicker for investing their down time into training or competitive events.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: I will be speaking to Zero Itamae about getting the Ludi back on task . . after he sobers up from his birthday today.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: Questions on that?

[18:34] Vilkacis Mason raises a hand.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: Mason?

[18:35] Vilkacis Mason: Who do I talk to to learn more about this new Jetbike?

[18:35] Corsi Mousehold raises her hand

[18:35] Typhon Perun raises a hand.

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: . . nooo one yet. But it's a popular request, so I guess it has to be done.

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Mousehold?

[18:36] Corsi Mousehold shouts: Why are we dismantling Vilk again for this Jetbike thing?

[18:36] Corsi Mousehold shouts: I kinda like him the way he is

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: No. Lol.

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: Perun?

[18:37] Typhon Perun: In regards to Ludi, I am hoping to have a test run read for the NCO-A materials ready soon. As Ludi was mentioned here, I though it might be perudent to mention that here for some info on Ludi's progress on my part.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: There's an extensive amount of stuff floating out there currently--Acheron has tons himself. I have several courses. We've got tanks still to be taught. So there's definitely no shortage.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Any other questions?

[18:38] Heavy666 Bolden raises a paw

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: Bolden?

[18:39] Heavy666 Bolden shouts: Is there any place to sign up for armored training like on the forums

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: When a course is offered, a list is posted.

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: Any other questions?

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: All righty:

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: With the coming revisions, we will also be making some operational modifications to the handbook. Notably, cutting down the history piece, leaving it up to Schola to give that in depth instruction. This will free up a lot of space in the handbook and give us some room to work with the operation/regulation areas. The rule area, for example, is way overdue for some editing. Some of that stuff is way outdated and in desperate need of expansion or revision.

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: With that said: open floor. Any topics to cover this evening?

Open Floor:

[18:42] Arokh Takakura raises a hand.

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Takakura.

[18:44] Arokh Takakura shouts: With the decomissioning of the current armour on the 12th in place of the new armour, like the old formals, are we free to do with that what we will providing we remove all Ordo insignia? I.E. Civillian outfit mods with panels or sculpts from the armour.

[18:44] Lestat Umarov: 14th

[18:44] Arokh Takakura: My bad.

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: After the expiration date, yes. Just . . be respectful with it. Obviously. Unless a specific request is made otherwise from the creators of the armor. I will let you all know after it's cleared.

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: Next?

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: Final call.

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: Very good then.

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: A couple things in closing.

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: First up: combat after the meeting will be hosted by an officer. I will be running off for a brief bit, but I'll be back later tonight. Please do not tackle me for things directly after the meeting.

[18:50] Aryte Vesperia: I really mean that. It is frustrating when I get the flurry of "CAN I ASK YOU A QUICK QUESTION?" IMs. Because fifteen quick questions is a half hour of my time, etc.

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: I will be back, I PROMISE. Lol.

[18:51] Arokh Takakura raises claw.

[18:51] Aelus Janus RAISES HIS HAND

[18:51] Typhon Perun raises nothing as he has no question.

[18:52] Arokh Takakura: (More of a quick statement.)

Promotions!

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: And finally. Promotions posted and good to go. Merits and such will be handed out later this evening.

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/9143-ordo-promotions-07aug10/

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: Enjoy.

[18:52] Corsi Mousehold goes into shock.

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: Yes, Arokh?

[18:52] Arokh Takakura hyperventilates.

[18:52] Huttser Ishelwood suffers a heart attack

[18:52] Arokh Takakura: Quick note.

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: OK, stop.

Meeting Closer

[18:53] Arokh Takakura shouts: As aforementioned at the start of the meeting, Curia open office hours after the meeting in the curia office, come in, have a chat! I've promised Heather I wont bite.

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: Yes. Please abuse your local Curia.

[18:53] Keller Teichmann: Bring a cadet or two to be safe.

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: Two special mentions before we go:

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: Masamune Anansi, Dread Pirate.

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: Mokosh Pawpad, Lava Food.

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: Good work.

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: (Lub you guys.)

[18:55] Mokosh Pawpad: ಥ__ಥ

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: Dismissed. Have a good night.

[18:55] Aelus Janus: (Boom-lay boom-lay boom)

[18:55] Corsi Mousehold salutes! "FOR THE GLORY OF THE IMPERATOR!"

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia clasps his fist to his chest, presenting a salute.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.