Clicky

Mickel Reed

Funny moments in combat

To begin with, my first blooper was when I first got the HUD and the Hellgun and found out what happens when you use the grappling hook while firing full auto, indoors. It's just one of those things you have to go through I guess... :noproblem:

The funniest thing happened to me just now though. I was standing on the roof of the NW bunker (not the round hut) and preparing to repel this lone attacker when he suddenly appears right next to me! He does a roundhouse kick and the melee attack hits me, but somehow doesn't kill me, but him instead. And so he sinks serenely through the floor, still stuck in the roundhouse kick animation.

Although in my mind it went more like this:

This is Titan!

Edited by Mickel Reed

Kytec was testing out the MGL (using his epicness) to bombard the nearest Titan bridge over the wall. . . He fired some grenades into the air and thought they hit the sim boarder, so they got returned, I come in like. . . Five minutes later and run across the bridge. . .

Well I manage to get about five meters from the bridgehead but only to get annihilated by about six lobbed grenades.

Thank Kytec, so epic you kill without even trying. <3

Something like a year and a half ago, While I was still a Merczateer Officer, I was co-leading a defense of Badnarik alongside Lurdan against a large Alliance Navy attack, back then fleetship use was still commonplace, and Nanao Maufouz was piloting a large pink/purple dropship that had like 6 people in it.

I was a little intoxicated while I was on SL, (>.>) And I was flying around in a Uriel fighter trying to shoot it down, I blurted out on ventrilo

"There's a giant purple thing flying around with dickheads jumping out the back"

Lurdan started crying he was laughing so hard, I was pissed off and drunk so I didn't see what was so funny. To this day he will still occasionally bring that up when I talk to him.

I had an interesting incident years ago. We were in a battle against... Alliance Navy, maybe? I don't remember. All I can recall is that it was a tandem seat fighter, and was radically different from anything else that group had ever used before. It may have been a Kerian Bunin craft, which is why I suspect it was AN. Anyways, there was some pilot flying around a two seat aircraft, so I decided to jump in the back seat and stab them. Well, before I could stab the pilot, I realized that control of the aircraft had passed to me. I have no idea how it happened, but I wasn't about to let the opportunity go to waste. I started flying around the sim, holding the pilot hostage in his own ship. I can't remember how the joyride ended, but I think we finally got shot down. It was pretty fun.

Then there was the time I stole some newbie's Smith Fizz ship by throwing around the old Ordo sticky plasma grenades all over the place and screaming at him that aliens were attacking and his crew had to abandon ship. When they did this, I jumped into the pilot seat and flew it away, teleporting in a crew of my own as I did so. I think Karlhockey and/or Sera were there. We managed to get through a couple sims (it was mainland) before the ship finally got stuck and we had to bail. It was still pretty fun though. I can just imagine the look on that guy's face as he saw his ship flying off.