Corsi Mousehold

Ordo Meeting - 04SEP10

~ORDO IMPERIALIS~

OFFICIAL DOCUMENT

<=====================Extend to this length=========================>

<===========================================================>

**********Meeting Report**********

NAME/RANK/DIVISION: Corsi Mousehold / E-8 / Antesignani

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE: 21AUG10

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT: Weekly meeting

SUMMARY:

Armor Update, Hammerdown Success, Minimum Requirement Recap. Labor Day

============================================================

CHAT LOG:

Meeting Opener

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia shouts: Obligatory starter, as always: welcome to this week’s meeting. Per the norm, please be certain to hold all questions and comments until provided the opportunity to speak. Interruptions will result in dismissal from the gathering. When you are provided the chance to speak, be sure to /shout/ your comments or questions—otherwise the recorder may not hear you. Thank you: let’s get to it.

Imperator's Report

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Weekly statistics:

Members: 308

Cadets: 1

Applications

New: 16

Accepted: 2 (lol)

Denied: 10

Review: 4

Combat

Defensive: 73

Offensive: 11

Allied Assist: 1

Diplomatic Report

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic occurrences: some unfortunate events with Cthonic Syndicate occurred early on this week. During an assault, five of our members were banned from the region for rather, uh, flavorful reasons. The first two were banned for “sithacking,” after being dropped off by a dropship. The next three (conveniently all of our pilots) were banned for “shooting the core with planes.” However, no one on the CS team seemed to note the CS plane piloted by Chris Poitier lodged in the roof of the core room, which all of the Astra pilots had been chasing. Chris, of course, didn’t care to speak up about it until after Ordo withdrew.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Otherwise, a great inter-IS combat event went down yesterday with VAC. Ordo and VAC forces sparred off in the new VAC region for training purposes (a mock raid), resulting in a hard fought Ordo victory. It provided VAC valuable balance feedback for their region. All in all, it was a fun and great interaction. Tomorrow, the bi-weekly IS meeting will be occurring.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you Huttser for organizing and leading the team against VAC.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports?

Divisional Reports

[18:06] Typhon Perun raises a hand for Cohors B.

[18:06] WolfShaman Warrior raises his hand.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Warrior, for Astra.

Astra

[18:07] WolfShaman Warrior shouts: Short one this week.

New Standard weapon for Astra: Astra is Happy

Mr Normandy has been Single Handedly turning out new pilots left and rigth from Flight school. Major Kudos. to him. Dogfighting and Thanatos training has also been held. Special thanks to those who participated and hosted the events.

New Thanatos weapon system is making progress. Final specs to be submitted soon. Sculpt is done, but we do not have anyone to texture it at this point. - We're also working with the Mercz in the realm of Aircraft Development for both groups.

Combat: We've been having fun w/ CS; CS having fun Banning the pilots. I'm working with Genostrike (Their new Air Commander) to keep things civil.

Most notable Change would be the consolidation of Flights down from 3 to 2 active units. We hope to eventually increase our numbers and be able to open the 3rd flight back up again. We're in the process of Implimenting measures to increase recruitment and Exposure of Astra.

[18:07] WolfShaman Warrior shouts: This has Been another episode of 'This Week in Astra!'

Terra

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Let's go down the line. Cohors A?

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Cohors A, Century 1. Unit lead present?

[18:08] Eriksson Foxtrot has the report if Zanndor is not present.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Go ahead.

[18:09] Eriksson Foxtrot: From Zanndor for Invictus: "Very High activity. Pretty fast going week. Had a couple raid on CS where one night we beat the shit out of them, and the following raid we did well. Definatly not our 100% though, expect to see more training this week, we will be using our drop pods to get use to H7 and falling damage, so no more "LOL MACH 8 INTO THE GROUND." Our armor mods were released this week, which looks fantastic, great job Mr. Hand."

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Cohors A, Century 2?

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Representative present?

[18:10] Corsi Mousehold raises her hand

[18:10] Teron Gray: I've been offline and don't have a copy. Nudging my XO. >.>

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Mousehold.

[18:10] Corsi Mousehold: For those that have not noticed, Ante has our armor modifications. and we would like to thank Disembodied for all the hard work he put into them. Thank you. Training was held earlier in the week as well as a raid. Good work and good show on everyone's parts this week. Two trainings and one raid since the last report plus members of ante appearing on almost every offense maneuver this week. Still three short of our full roster but ... Good show.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Cohors A, Century 3?

[18:11] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: By executive decision, the squad will be undergoing a number of internal structuring and doctrine changes in a more proactive attempt at fostering increased activity and unit cohesion. These changes will be implemented over the following week. In addition, our armor mod will be released tomorrow. The squad also inducted its newest members this week, ATR Vasser and Alex Velinov. The squad currently has four open slots and is actively recruiting.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Cohors B?

[18:11] Typhon Perun: ERIKSSON, for B-1 : Active week overall, only a few people dropping in activity of which I'll poke sometime next week, Kastrenzo Benelli moved out of the squad to the [A-1] Invictus squad, congratulations on him for doing so! On another note: Hopefully get a squad training in on Wednesday, September 8th with a small meeting. Going to make sure everyone gets heard with the new open door policy, and get any questions/comments/or concerns about the squad or Ordo as a whole answered! As for myself: Pretty much completely settled in! Got some individual questions answered through IMs, and small updates like the change of command in place. Remember to knock on my door if you want a PRF or anything! I'm always open to get them done!

[18:11] Typhon Perun: STEELTAEL, for B-2: After a little over a week availability surveys are slowly trickling in. All the most active members returned theirs to me. I have included a Training Schedule notecard. And a notice that I will do my best to accomodate people. I will Send this Schedule to members after the Satuday meeting. most of my members are Graveyard, or "Swing" shift types. Accomodating everyone means holding multiple meetings and trainings. 2 combat a week and 2 meetings a week

[18:12] Typhon Perun: ARC, for B-3: No report handed in, Cohors B command has been informed.

[18:12] Typhon Perun: That ends the Cohors B reports.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Any additional reports this evening?

[18:12] Kyra Vixen raises her paw.

Tactica

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: Vixen?

[18:13] Kyra Vixen shouts: From Corsi for Tactica: "Still going strong. Reports are being worked on and playing a bit of catch up with tons of bases opening up over the past couple of weeks. Phoenix Embers has reopened. Worlds Aetheists Warriors has started combat again with us. Ninth Legion, Regius Inquisition have reopened as well. Holding off on anyone starting the RI reports until they have the node system where they are sure they want it. So coming down from litterally half the grid down for rebuild we have marked only four total left in build/rebuild status. One of them has reported to be opening very soon. Then there is Kampfzone which seems to be in a state of rebuild more than a five year olds Lego's set." This concludes the report for Tactica.

Civilians

[18:13] Crash Silverfall raises hand (civilians)

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: Hah. Silverfall?

[18:14] Crash Silverfall: Civilian group has been picking up, Good to see active overseers, just want to inform. let me know of vouch and name please, only will give 2 warnings. CDF should be alive soon (waiting for application to set up)

[18:14] Crash Silverfall: Thats all

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. I'll prod Firefox about it.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: Any additional reports?

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: Very gooood. Moving on.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: I've reached like, my "exhaustion threshold" for the week, so you'll have to pardon me if this meeting is loopy. And if I ramble. A lot.

Keynote Topics

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: I've reached like, my "exhaustion threshold" for the week, so you'll have to pardon me if this meeting is loopy. And if I ramble. A lot.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: After the meeting I will probably be passing out. Or sitting off in a corner babbling inanely to myself.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: However, I will see to it that a raid is held!

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: > Armor Update -- Disembodied Orders in the Future.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: As mentioned during last week’s meeting, Disembodied has been working pretty hard on the modifications for the units. As of now, he is done with Invictus and Antesignani. Insidiae is nearly done.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Well now.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Testing ..

[18:21] BurrWolf Qin: Hear you sir

[18:21] Disembodied Hand: loud n clear

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: Hokay! . .

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: After all of the armor variants are complete, the UCA project will be coming to a close. It is likely that as a follow up, an additional digitgrade set (enclosed foot) leggings will be included, in addition to a new general issue headset (just a helmet, rather than masked).

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: Going forward, after the armor, Disembodied will be undertaking large scale projects. Currently, we are looking at one of the following: a mech/powerarmor, an assault dropship, or a light cruiser/fleet vessel (for Astra).

[18:22] Maza Rau: WRRRYYYY

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Otherwise, progress on all of the armory additions is going well. Looking to get the new packs out here within the next couple of days.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: > Hammerdown Success

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Thus far, Hammerdown has served to be fairly successful. Operations have been routine throughout the week. I've seen a good spike in Astra activity and a lot of participation from pilots.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: We have fulfilled all of our mission parameters already: joint, solo, and IS support raids by Astra.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: In every interaction, we've faired rather well-- notably, on every IS support deployment, Astra played a major role in securing victory. Most recently, we flew close air support for Mercz as they popped the CS core.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: For those of you who've ever considered a flight career: I'd implore you to give it a shot. Astra's structure is solidifying after a rocky period. Now it's ready to expand-- I'd love to pick up five additional pilots within the next couple of weeks.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Piloting is difficult at times, but, it's also highly rewarding. There are few things as fun as gunning down someone at 250m/s.

[18:27] Disembodied Hand coughs orconscriptpilotsbuh.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: Other than bombing infantry at 250m/2.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: M/s, rather.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: If you're curious about transfer or transfering to even give it a try, feel free to nudge me after the meeting.

[18:28] Nrom Normandy raises his hand.

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: Normandy.

[18:28] Nrom Normandy: Sir, if I may add, I'm also available as well. Everyone owes it a shot at least to experience. If anything it gives you greater respect for the role that Astra pilots take in our defense and offense endeavors.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Definitely. Even if you're just curious about "well.. can I fly?" we can temporarily set you up to give it a whirl.

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: And yes. If you become a member of the Astra elite, you do get a glittery reinstone flightsuit.

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: Not really. But.

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: Moving on.

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: > Labor Day

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: Simple topic. Typically I don't give anyone the choice. But, quick vote . . who would like to treat it as a day off and who would like to just keep it as a normal day? Just say "Day off" or "normal day." Day off would entitle an administrative active, but combat lazy day.

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: You have two minutes!

[18:32] Exterminatus Footman: Day off.

[18:32] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Normal day.

[18:32] Acheron Gloom: noormal day

[18:32] Maverick Garfield: Day off

[18:32] Steeltael Lykin: normal day

[18:32] Jake Stoanes: Special raid day!

[18:32] Ratrix Hax: Day off

[18:32] DarkHades Demonia: normal day

[18:32] Williamca Zenovka: Day off

[18:32] Kyra Vixen: Normal day.

[18:32] Eriksson Foxtrot: Day off.

[18:32] Typhon Perun: normal day

[18:32] Seb Yakan: Normal.

[18:32] Wesley Paine: Day off

[18:32] Corsi Mousehold: Normal Day

[18:32] Arokh Takakura: Normal day.

[18:32] Maza Rau: Normal day.

[18:32] Kithsuneca Eilde: normal day.

[18:32] Afevis Sodertelge: ORDO ON ORDO COMBAT.

[18:32] Steeltael Lykin: normal day, with destroy your face raids against someone

[18:32] BurrWolf Qin: normal day

[18:32] Huttser Ishelwood: Normal day

[18:32] Xayvien Rau: Garbage day.

[18:32] Zayth Iuga: Day off

[18:32] Liam Macalroy: day off :o

[18:32] Lyle Watanabe: Normal Day

[18:32] femme Lisa: day off

[18:32] Arokh Takakura: Bumper-cars.

[18:32] Nikki4 Aquitaine: Normaldaywithsuperaryteraid

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: (You have two options, not six.)

[18:33] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Day off

[18:33] Huttser Ishelwood: Its offical, ordo are workaholics \o/

[18:33] Eriksson Foxtrot: Haha, I remember the bumper-cars. (Mine is Day off though)

[18:33] Disembodied Hand: Normal Day+2

[18:33] Afevis Sodertelge: Dar off

[18:33] Acheron Gloom: normaly day

[18:33] Afevis Sodertelge: Day off rather

[18:33] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: I want to be able to devote a whole day to playing Starcraft and not feel guilty about not logging in

[18:33] Blaze Wiles: normal day, days off are boreing as hell after two hours in my opinion

[18:33] Nikki4 Aquitaine: ^

[18:33] Achtai Coronet: normal day

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: Thirty secooonds..

[18:33] Acheron Gloom: Normal Day.

[18:33] Typhon Perun: I work on memorial day so...

[18:33] Disembodied Hand: @Zrazor normalnight.

[18:33] Drasamax Python: day off

[18:33] Lyle Watanabe: As do I :(

[18:34] Ratrix Hax: Day off with cupcakes'

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: Acheron you voted twice.

[18:34] Nrom Normandy: he voted for me

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: Oh ok.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: (BS.)

[18:34] Acheron Gloom: Yeah, voted for Nrom.

[18:34] Nrom Normandy grins.

[18:34] Typhon Perun: Jee that is normal.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: Wow that was overwhelming.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: OKAY then.

[18:35] Eriksson Foxtrot: (Zanndor votes day off. :x)

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Laugh at him.

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: > Minimum Requirement Recap

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: Just a short public service announcement here for the new folks and the umpteen amount of people .. not taking advantage of it.

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: If you wish to seek promotion, you must complete the very simple, but very necessary promotion minimum requirements. You can find the full list and the exams on http://firefoxinc.net/ordo/

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Minus t he period.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Completing the exams do not mean you're guaranteed promotion. They simply make you eligible.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: For those curious:

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: As every rank level increases, the time and difficulty obviously increases-- you may hop from E-1 to E-3 in a few months, but the time expected in service increases exponentially. In addition, some positions, such as E-6 and E-7, have role expectations:

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: Such as, unit leadership.

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: Officer candidacy typically follows three core elements: time in service around 7 months (most common--not exclusive), major contribution to the group (proactive or otherwise), and an uncanny ability to weather the seeming void of E-7 burnout. Lol.

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: I am idly toying with the idea of expanding the minimum qualification set to include a "officer primer" set, for folks eyeing that reach.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: It is difficult to put "officer qualifications" onto paper. Skills apply, but there is definitely a lot that simply comes with grueling experience. So. We'll see.

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:45] Huttser Ishelwood raises paw

[18:45] Maza Rau raises his hand.

[18:45] Arokh Takakura Raises claw.

[18:45] Disembodied Hand raises hand

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: Ishelwood.

[18:47] Huttser Ishelwood: Is there any materiel that people looking to become officers can read at the moment?

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: .. well.

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: Officers have a large series of seminars that I've compiled over time. As for introductory material. Hm.

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: I could develop something that wouldn't scare you off.

[18:48] Xayvien Rau raises hand.

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: Rau?

[18:49] Xayvien Rau: Could I develop something that would scare them?

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: Not the X--

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: NOT YOU

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: MAZA RAU.

[18:49] Maza Rau: What resources are available to those seeking to take E-8 and sit on it?

[18:49] Huttser Ishelwood facepaws

[18:50] Aryte Vesperia: Mm-- that's a good one. Honestly, selection for that is currently informal. We tend to do this:

[18:50] Aryte Vesperia: "You're E-7, you lead a shit ton of raids. . here's the officer seminars on leading raids."

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: Something more formal can certainly be drafted.

[18:51] Corsi Mousehold raises her hand.

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: Takakkakakura?

[18:51] Arokh Takakura shouts: Given my understanding of the E-8 role and officership. Perhaps a section to state a preference on the minimum requirement exam area? Or are we sticking to advising each induvidual which is best for them. Also.. More exams/study material, is this a possibility? I enjoy them.

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: I have been playing with the idea of creating a series of primers for officer-hopefuls, at the end of which would be the Administratio Qualifcation merit.

[18:52] Arokh Takakura: (Basically, Iiiiinpuuuut.)

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: But every time I toy with it I remember that it'd be an immense amount of work and then I sulk. But I will get to it.

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: .. Hand?

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: (Disembodied.)

[18:50] Mercury: Lost contact: Disembodied Hand

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: oh.

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: Mousehold.

[18:57] Corsi Mousehold: Well My thoguht was a personal interview about personnel that are looking to be officers. So they can talk about what they think they will be responsible for. And then told what they will actually be responsible for.

[18:58] Aryte Vesperia: Mm-- yes. That would be part of the primer. I was thinking about (hold on, I have an outline scribbled out here) . .

[19:00] Aryte Vesperia: An introductory interview, a series of readings, basic exams, and then if the individual was "interested" to go forward, hands on. Such as common conflict scenarios, or a "solve this" scenario.

[19:00] Aryte Vesperia: Any last questions?

[19:01] Aryte Vesperia: I am not sure how we even got onto this topic, I didn't intend to. Rambling. Like I said. Haha.

[19:02] Aryte Vesperia: Anywhoo. . couple projects for me this weekend. Compiling a list of items for unlock with their QP amounts, writin' a spiel for Ludi, writing a merit recommendation walkthrough.

[19:03] Aryte Vesperia: Uhhrm. Other then that, thank you for suffering through my half-asleep meeting. You're all swell.

[19:03] Aryte Vesperia: I'll get a raid organized right after this.

[19:03] Aryte Vesperia: After which I am probably sneaking off for the night to rest up. I'll be on and around all Sunday and Monday.

Promotions!

[19:03] Aryte Vesperia: Promotions will be posted tonight. Huttser owes you all 1K.

[19:03] Jake Stoanes: FORK IT OVER HUTTSER!

[19:03] Aryte Vesperia: (Not really. Probably tomorrow morning.)

[19:03] Huttser Ishelwood: DAMN YOU

[19:03] Huttser Ishelwood: DAMN YOU

[19:04] Jake Stoanes: Damn

[19:04] Zayth Iuga: =o

[19:04] Aryte Vesperia: If I get a second wind, I'll take care of it tonight.

[19:04] Aryte Vesperia: Otherwise. Aryte need sleep. Aryte sleep.

[19:04] Ratrix Hax makes an extrmely sad and distaught face, the thought of Huttser oweing him one was exciting.

Meeting Closer

[19:04] Aryte Vesperia: Good night. Have a nice night. Be good.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.