Clicky

Tsume Xiao

The Assault Pack Needs Your Help!

Assault Pack Items  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of stuff should the assault pack have?

• Specialty Explosives (Mines, Special C4, Etc. Explain Idea In Post)
    • Some Kind of CQB Thing (Explain Idea In Post)
    • Ability Enhancer (Obviously Boost Pack Has The Roll. Explain Idea In Post)
    • I Have My Own Ideas! I Posted Them Below!

The ammo enhancer will be fail in lag. There should be no in game communication between weapon and backpack imo.

Too exploitable when kept fast, too script heavy when secured.

As for my own suggestion, a longer lasting and perhaps greater distance breach charge. Make it stay after the rezzer goes through so other ordo can use it.

Make it blow up and die when someone else sits on it. Also keep it small enough so it doesn't show from a distance, that should keep distant sit hacking to a minimum. Or make it activate on collision.

Well.

I voted for the mines, charges and similar for the Assault pack because there isn't any good assault without fireworks of sorts, wether it just is that jumping mine, a bouncing cluster grenade, maybe an enhanced breachcharge or multiple detpacks within a set radius from one another?

Another thing one might consider is what this all would benefit against what. Like, what would the efficiency be towards armor? Personnel? Early aircraft defensive measures?The way I see it, it should be designed to handle armor and advancing masses of enemies, so relying on mines and multiple detpacks, and maybe, maybe, a smaller bunker, would do wonders if I am asked in this matter.

Well seeing as the Assault Pack is going to be based on different types of explosives and the fun fireworks. Here's a few different grenade/explosive types ideas.

---------------------

Grenades - Here's some other fun grenades you can throw at the enemies.

Gas Grenades - An AOE (Area of Effect) type of grenade that causes damage to surrounding enemies, instead of the normal instant kill grenades these types can be used to "Scare" enemies off from an area. These grenades could cause an effect of 15 Damage Per second for a few seconds.

Incendiary Grenades - Another AOE grenades that can cause the land around it to engulf in flames and cause significant damage to anyone who pass through it or hit by it, causing at least 30 Damage or more per second, for a few seconds.

"Sticky" Grenades - Type of grenades that slow/impede movement.

Stun/Sting Grenades - Grenades that stuns the enemy for a few seconds.

Tear Gas Grenades - Grenades that impairs vision, unlike Flash grenades these will blur the users vision heavily for a few moments [instead of giving that painful ringing noise]

Acid Grenades - Puts a huge pool of chemicals at the foot of the enemy, causing slowing and killing them after a few seconds as they step into it, remains on the ground till after a few moments have passed or more then 3 enemies are killed by it.

Bubble Shield Grenades - These grenades would be useful for a defensive use, protecting an ally from heavy fire as they push in, most likely a Heavy Weapons Ally or an Assault type. [The shield would have to have a health % and would ask to take control of the avatar, allowing them to quickly click yes which will equip to their avatar, but can't be reused after the health has been depleted from the shield. And the grenades are on a timed respawn use, 3 grenades to use and respawn around every 2-5 mintues.]

-----------------------------

C4 - Heres some other ideas for C4 instead of just exploding enemies from a distance.

Trip Wire/Motion Detector C4 - Motion detected C4, anyone that walks within proximity of the c4 will cause it to go off killing anyone around it.

Motion Censored Bulls-eye C4 - This C4 is used as a "Trap" type C4, when an enemy walks past this it will set off a flare, allowing people to rain fire down upon that spot, useful for tracking and spotting more then one enemies.

Sticky Bulls-eye C4 - Instead of killing, this will slow down an Enemy in it's tracks causing them to be unable to escape rain of fire from above. This will also set off a flare to track that enemy specifically for those who are eying the field for a kill-able target.

Biohazard C4 - This C4 is like the Grenade, except remotely detonated for more of a precise hit. If an enemy is standing ontop of the C4 on detonation it can kill them instantly, while at the same time laying down a pool of chemicals for other unsuspecting enemies.

"Gravity" C4 - This C4 is a temporary effect that causes the enemies jumping abilities to be pulled down, causing them to be unable to jump while in the radius of the C4's blast range, making them easier targets.

-----------------------------------

Mines - Instead of just normal explosive mines, here are some ideas for other uses, for either a trap or a mine type.

Spiked Trap - These mines instead of exploding are set to stick out of the ground, causing damage to those who walk over it, or killing them if they stand around in it too long.

Blinding Trap - These Mines can either Flash / Tear gas an enemy, blinding their vision and/or impairing their hearing.

Sticky Trap - Like the Grenade and C4 this can be used to slow enemies down.

---------------------------------

These are just some ideas that could be thrown in there. But hope to see those Packs come in play soon, they'll come in handy for the battlefield!

Edited by Kithsuneca Eilde

Foam grenades, like in the AN. They were actually really useful. Put one in front of yourself and you have an instant shield. Put one in a trench and you have a bridge. Put one at the base of a wall and you've got yourself a ramp - one that you can primjump off. They sealed off doors and other narrow passages, they closed up enemy fire ports. You could even kill people with them. I put them in front of heavy weapons guys and some of them actually shot at it from close range.

A lot of the more unorthodox uses were heavily dependant on the ability to throw a grenade almost instantly across an entire sim, of course... but they still have uses even without that.

Assault. If you're assaulting, you're not going to waste time trying to deploy a bloody minefield, or dallying around with a hundred and one explosive options. You're going to want options the contribute to your ability and the ability of your team-mates, to be aggressive in your engagement of enemy forces. You need something that's fast, very useful, and not going to require a lot of time to set up.

Thus, three of these four features are easily set to a hotkey, with options that can be selected prior to your

Some sort of speed enhancement "sprint" that isn't a dodge roll is a good start. Being able to charge and reach a position is rather useful and helpful in a strong offensive action.

I was thinking also possible a specialized breaching charge, that would remain in place and allow other people to follow you through the same "hole", as you breach an enemy bunker or some such. That way, you have one charge, for a team of other people. This means lest time trying to coordinate a breach, etc.

The third option that comes to mind, is to replace your normal grenade throw with a three grenade rapid fire sort of spread deal. It'd have a longer cool down between uses than our normal grenade through, but it'd let you throw three grenades in rapid succession (of the same type) at a longer distance. This would be extremely useful for anyone who routinely engages in hard assaults on well defended enemy positions.

For the final option, I'd recommend being able to set up marker smoke or the similar to "tag" captured locations or targets. Though this may seem odd, communications going "please target the bunker at the green smoke" is easier than giving a detailed explanation and location of an enemy defensive hardpoint. Especially if one is assaulting, being able to tag "hardened" targets that you can't take alone, lest you lose your momentum, is a very, very good idea, in my mind.

Anything else, especially mines, detpacks, etc, are better suited with other packs and load outs.

Mercz actually did something very similar with the multi use breach charge a long time ago. They had two different breach charges, a personal 1 user charge, and a "saw" that cut a hole in the wall.

The saw took longer to deploy but it would leave a hole that would stay there for like 1-2 minutes, allowing anyone to warp through it.

I'm not sure about throwing grenades in a "rapid fire", but possibly something like one of the grenade's pictured below. After throwing it, it would bounce and drop 3-5-whatever small explosive cannisters that'd explode all over the place.

14.jpg

My favorite idea of yours was simply the one about the strobes/smokes/flares, other than that I really just wanted the assault pack as an unscripted decorative backpack :/