Clicky

Iolair

Officium Curia: Seeking two new lictors

Several individuals have expressed interest in joining Curia to me. At this point in time, Curia is seeking two individuals for the entry position of lictor. Expectations for this position are listed below.

[Lictor]: Members of the Lictor staff are the backbone of Curia operations, functioning as investigators and information gatherers. Lictors are responsible for most of the day to day work within Curia, providing the Consuls with the time to focus on making judgment rulings. Lictor positions do not carry an enumerated military rank, as such any individual not dual enlisted will be classified as [E-0] unranked. Numerically, Lictor staff may be increased or decreased per the will of the Primus Consul. Appointment to the Lictor staff is done per the approval of the Primus Consul.

Duties include, but are not limited to:

• Review applications and incident reports for foundation;

• Operate within the orders of the Curia Consuls;

• Interview applicants assigned to Curia;

• Investigate applicants to find facts, gather testimony, collect evidence, and compile a comprehensive report in a short period of time (72 hours max);

• Act, if necessary, as a representative for prosecution or defense during a triumvirate trial;

• Assist members in preparing incident reports, if necessary;

• Provide specific knowledge on the law, application process, etc;

• Cooperate with Schola staff to determine which applicants require Curia review;

• Report infractions to the Consul for review;

• Assist in assigned duties, with Consul oversight;

• Assist the Consul in administrating examinations on regulations to the general members;

• Act as a representative for assigned applicants, advocating their position and the position of the Ordo to arrive at a highest level of justice;

• Review documents within the Ordo for accuracy and consistency with current regulations and paradigm; including Terra, Astra, etc.

For those who are interested in filling this position, please post a reply to this post and a brief statement about yourself, and the qualifications you have for filling this position, which you will be interviewed at a later date.

Name of Applicant: Winterz Silverfall

Member of Tactica, IEA, and XO of Insidiae.

I have not been in the Ordo Imperialis for long, though in that time I have accomplished a lot. I have always wanted to be a memeber of Curia though I was waiting till I learned a bit more about the Ordo before applying. I believe I am qualified for this position because I am an unbiased person. I never let my feeling interfere with decisions. I follow the Ordo Imperialis regulations to the best of my ability (and confront my CO when he breaks them). I will complete any assignment to the best of my ability if not better.

Afevis Sodertelge, E-4 Tesserarius

Current Positions: Tactica, IEA - Schola & Armatura Magister

I've been a member for a while now and I am always looking for more ways that I can spend my time in this organization a bit more productively. Although my roles do occupy some time, there are large portions of it that I find myself being bored out of my mind standing around with nothing to do. The role of lictor has actually been a large interest of mine for a while now, and I planned to apply for the role a couple months back when there was an opening, however due to certain things I decided to hold off on it. I usually am completely unbiased in any official decisions, where I will state things how they are no matter the relation with the person. I see the role as a great way for me to help out the group further, while also offering me a way to keep myself further occupied.

Name of Applicant: DarkHades Demonia

Member of Astra

I have been in ordo since June of 2010. My interest in joining curia is because I would like to be doing something different for ordo. As part of the AN JAG ( Judge Advocate General's) I performed the following tasks:

Investigations

Formation of Tribunals

Courts-Martial

At this time in the AN I enjoyed doing this kind of stuffs the problem was that because of a new change of command the JAG division was removed from the group. I want to continue learning and helping ordo in this kind of position I am applying. I am not an expert but if I get chosen I hope people with experience can help me with the duties and roles in curia.

====== Application for the position of Lictor ========

Name of applicant: Vincent Kroitschov

============================================================

Date of application: NOV20-2010

Listed rank: E-5 - Vexillarius

Listed division: A-2 Antesignani

I have been within the ranks for a year now (It is real close to a year) and have learned many things dealing with ordo policy. I believe that I'm suited for this role because I do not make decisions on what I hear but by evidence and factual proof shown to me. I'm a fairly level headed individual and well mannered. I have no Curia Incident Reports (CIR) against me. I have been asking people about various roles within the group to find a way to help contribute more and I believe curia is a great way to fill those "quiet hours" during night patrol where I would have plenty of time to get work completed.

==============END OF APPLICATION==========================

Name of Applicant: Kyra Vixen

Rank/Division: E-7 Duplicarius / A-2 Antesignani

Current Positions: Tactica Adjutant, IEA Magister (Schola/Armatura)

Having been in the Ordo Imperialis since June of 2010, I have had ample time to view the general inner-workings of the Ordo in terms of customs, but have not had the chance to have a detailed experience of Curia, which has always piqued my interest.

As a general principle, I strive to ensure all decisions I make are unbiased, as I have found that a decision made on biased grounds never works well for either party in the long run. If and when I suspect a bias may be present in my decision making processes, I would seek another person to whom I can pass off the decision to, and mention that in an effort to ensure that a fair and impartial decision is reached, I needed to hand off the matter due to a perceived bias.

As a member of Curia, I hope to bring another unbiased mind to the Officium Curia, and render my assistance at ensuring that the policies and regulations of the Ordo Imperialis upheld with the highest regard.

Name of Applicant: Bradley Petrov

Current assigned positions: Tactica, IEA, Invictus

I'm relatively new to the group, I've been around for just over a month and I've already looked into and have wanted to join Curia for a while now, specifically for the role of Lictor, I'd like to think of myself as a generally friendly person that can help others, but sometimes over-inquisitive to the point of annoying people (I'd say this is pretty true, too). Other than that I like to help out others in general and I usually seek ways to improve myself, others, or the Ordo as a whole aswell. I can usually get into a group of people and befriend them pretty quickly too, I can be good with people at times, but it really depends on the person(s). Other than that I dont really know what else to say, I assume the rest will be done from observation if I happen to be considered.

Name of Applicant: Kishoshima Dragonash

Rank/Division: E-2 Discens / B-III

Current Positions: Grunt

Qualifications: August 98 - May 06 Active Duty/IRR USMC

Primary MOS: Communications (2531/2532/0621)

Secondary Training: Intel/Counter Intel interrogation techniques

Minor Training: Military Law (Clerk for NJP, Office Hours, Command Level Tribunal before Court Martial)

BN Training NCO

June 04 - Present: Physical Security, Primary Contact/Interviewer of detainee

Sept 07 - Present: GM/Admin for multiple Sims, Primary Incident Investigator for Nar Shaddaa.

Ok, so let me break this down into plain and simple English. My primary MOS (military occupational specialty) was Radio Communications, but given the training philosophies of the Commands I served with, cross training in different fields was almost mandatory (and I enjoy learning). The secondary training listed above was obtained during my assignment to 3rd Intel Bn, Okinawa Japan. Id made some friends in the Intel/Counter Intel office just around the corner from S-3 where I was redirected to fill the T/O (table of organisation) for the Battalion S-3 needed a training clerk, I was the ranking FNG NCO so I was voluntold, turned out to be one of the best gigs I had. As a result, I got to be known around HQ and was asked to attend a few classes and participate in training. I didnt realize at the time how indispensable that training would turn out to be, the techniques I picked up have since been incredibly useful in real world applications.. everything from de-escalation of high tension situations, to obtaining information from individuals that had been placed under arrest and were awaiting the arrival of local law enforcement. These same skills have been an invaluable asset here on Second Life as the techniques I picked usually seem to be easier to implement. How does this apply to the position in question? Simply put, investigations of incidents, individuals, and applications, Interviews with individuals both internally and externally and the ability to remain completely unbiased in the process are all skills that will be required in order to fulfill the requirements listed above and to ensure the position is executed to the utmost.

Edited by Kishoshima Dragonash

Applicant: SirCorn Alter, E-III Sesquiplicarius

Qualifications: 9 months in military community, over 1 year as moderator of the Fur Affinity Forums, ~6 months ownership of a small forum (about 30 active members)

I've only been a member of the Ordo for a short time (A month and a half), but I'm looking for ways to involve myself in the group more. Also, I think I would enjoy the type of work that Curia does.

I've had 9 months in the military community, and although that's not much compared to some others, it has given me an understanding of how things work here and how I should proceed.

As a moderator on the Fur Affinity Forums, I've had to deal with lots of furry drama, deal with troublesome users, and hand down infractions and bans. This would help me in Curia to deal with reports. If you want to contact some of the FAF mod staff about me you can. The other forum, where I was the owner, actually had the previous owner delete for forum and I had to restart it from scratch.

If I'm passed over for others that have spent more time in the Ordo I would understand, but I wish to be considered for this position with the qualifications that I have given.