Clicky

Aryte

Lairyth Karu; Ejected - Public Notice

For the sake of not allowing misinformation to flow around, Lairyth Karu was ejected as of 10/04/08 at 9:28 PM SLT for disregarding repeated warnings about conducting lone-wolf operations at his own accord.

It was made known to me that they:

1. Joined an enemy faction without approval.

2. Informed others I "OK'D" it.

3. Upon being ejected from the enemy faction for internal matters within it, decided he was:

3a. A Frumentarii operative.

3b. Had the right to conduct espionage against them.

Lairyth Karu was provided multiple warnings from Tiridates Mikadze about the illegality of the matter:

[21:06] Tiridates Mikadze: I suggest that if you haven't done anything, that you don't carry through, and that if you have done something, you slit your damn belly right now.

Lairyth Karu was then warned by my own person:

[21:12] Aryte Vesperia: Yes, you will be ejected.

[21:12] Aryte Vesperia: No, it isn't patriotism. It's insubordination.

Neither warnings were heeded and Lairyth Karu then switched to an alternate account to continue pursuing his covert operation on his own accord.

That is all.

Sad to see him go. he was very good with making vehicles, but still rules are made to place strict regulation so then a group will respect that and we will not have chaos in the ranks. Even trying to "bending" the rules is still breaking the rules place in stone.

I hate to say this ,but this is a prime example why in quote "Bending" rules will not be allowed

I'm not sad to see him go as he and I have had crossed words over issues that are best kept out of this.

I am sorry to see that he went the way he did, as even though I haven't always been the model soldier, I have always followed and respected the rule about no Lone Wolf missions.

As if said Lone Wolf mission is a success, it puts those in command in a split position, as on the one hand they have to discipline the action in order to maintain order.

But at the same time want to praise them, especially if what they did was truly epic.

Yes I said that word, but in this instance that word means what it does and I'm not just using it because its a word that everyone uses whether its worthy or not.

But back to the matter at hand.

I agree with Mike on that bending the rules is never a good idea as it just leads to more problems.

Even when bending the rules maybe a good thing, it doesn't mean its the right thing and all the pros and cons must have been made up before deciding to.

Hopefully this dismissal/ejection will serve as a warning to anyone thinking about it, aswell as an example to what happens to those that do it and don't heed warnings.

<rant>

Never should a lone wolf action be tolerated, initiative to do work is one thing, but being a soldier is being part of a team. Doing something like say, Repairing a broken engine, or improving organizational skills on your own is/may be ok. However taking it under your initiative in enemy territory to operate outside allowed boundaries, is abhorent to everything a military (Especailly this one) stands for.

</rant>

His actions are a dire example of what happens when someone decides to go lone-wolf.

Had we not, through the valiant and professional efforts of our Frumentarii and his own bravado been able to find out in time to warn the AN of the impending attack, Cobalt/Synth/Whatever would have damaged the name of the Ordo in the public arena significantly.

I for one am glad that he has gone, and sad that he couldn't simply abide by the rules.

Trevor Russell wrote:

Gone are the days when destroying a group is the primary aim. If we destroy our enemies, who then do we have to fight? Such actions lead to drama, ban lines, cheap tactics, hatred, and everything that we have strived to eliminate in SL militaries.

Indeed. If we do that sort of thing, we're no better than Teen Grid militaries. Who do indeed, by the way, seek "Grid-Domination".

Trevor Russell wrote:

Gone are the days when destroying a group is the primary aim. If we destroy our enemies, who then do we have to fight? Such actions lead to drama, ban lines, cheap tactics, hatred, and everything that we have strived to eliminate in SL militaries.

In the absence of an enemy or cause, a military or group will fight itself. It's really a horrible thing to watch. =[