Clicky

Jayce Iredell

Addressing Concerns

Triplicarius Jayce Iredell

2IC Antesignani

To those in Antesignani (and maybe beyond).

It griefs my soul to learn that those under me feel unappreciated, and overlooked. Trust me when I say this brothers that your feelings are shared. Infact I myself have been told I 'blend in', I'm sure they didn't mean camoflauge, I've been shot enough times to prove that wrong.

In the NOI, the first incarnation of this group, it was fairly easy to stand out. We were small, tightly knit, and everyone had a role they knew how to fill. I rose quickly there, due mostly to my ability to delegate and administrate according to the wishes of my commanders, and the needs of enlist below me.

Today however, the Ordo Imperialis is over 200 members in size, with Terra Legion alone making up more than half of that total. It was inevitable that some would become disilusioned and slip through the cracks. Having been an Enlist, I know how it feels, having been passed up for reward I know how it feels.

I take responsibility for those of you that have become so disillusioned, you should not blame yourselves. Instead I appeal to you all, remain vigilant and stay on the path, do your duty now, and serve with pride no matter what. Do not take pride in merits and rank, for to whom much is given, much will be asked. IF you are humble, or wish to be, then humble yourselves in duty; remaining on guard against emotions of bitterness and greed.

I will not name anyone here, however we have seen people with impressive arrays of coloured ribbons. These soldiers became disillusioned and they fell from their place, eventually washing away because they could not weather the storm.

I have been here for a long time, since before the Ordo was ever concieved. I have seen many soldiers, and watched some ascend into high places. Others have washed away, but with the few that I was able to effect; I sincerely hope they took it to heart that service trumps everything.

The amount of time it takes does not matter, a farmer does not plant crops one day and expect to harvest them the next. He knows that he must work the fields for many long days, and when the harvest comes he will reap the fruits of his laabours. So we must also work the field of battle, remaining vigilant that our duty and servitude will pay off.

Do not go away and distance yourself from the body of the Ordo. It is foolish to think that because you are not as important as someone else you do not belong. Allow me to quote for you all something that may inspire you:

"Now the body is not made up of one part but of many. If the foot should say, because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body. It would not cease to be part of the body; more over if the ear should say 'because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body. It would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were and ear, where would the sense of smell be? However God has arranged the parts of the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. If they were all one part, where would the body be? As it is there are many parts but one body."

Corithians 12:14-20 (NIV)

So what did this mean? It addresses what we are dealing with here, people do not see themselves as important because they do not have a talent, or are not at a high position. However it goes on to say:

"On the contrary, those parts of the body that are considered weaker, are indespensable, and the parts of the body that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor."

Corithians 12:22-23 (NIV)

So you see my brothers and fellow soldiers in arms, none of you whether he can script, build, texture or simply stack up a body count. Is any more or less important, the more you are given in any situation in life, that much more will be expected of you. Trust me when I say this, for I was once an enlist, and I had my duties; as I grew and became what I am now, more was asked of me and the load I carried was heavier.

Take heart where you are, accept your orders and duty with humility and without complaint or harsh talk. Remain steadfast and time will reward you when your deeds have filled up and gone before you to the place you will be needed next.

Dagger Exonar wrote:

It is the humble who eventually obtain greatness, as the arrogant already think they're there.

Very uplifting writing, Jayce, it really inspired me to work harder for what I value most. The bible references struck me as out of place, though.

Think of it in context as though the Ordo is a body, and each one of us that are in the ordo make up a part of it. It is saying that, no one part is more important than another. That one person's ability or position is no more important than someone who is lower, or does not have the same ability.

Dagger Exonar wrote:

It is the humble who eventually obtain greatness, as the arrogant already think they're there.

Very uplifting writing, Jayce, it really inspired me to work harder for what I value most. The bible references struck me as out of place, though.

Regardless of their position on religion, many people find the bible to be a good source of moral values, or at least SOME of the bible

I have never read the bible Myself as I was always put off it by the so called "God Squad" as in those that take the meanings to literally *No offense to anyone here with that statement* but it is indeed a source of moral values, particularly when You feel at loose ends with life.

I admit I have felt down afew time during My time here when I have seen other rise above Me, but as those of You who remember Me as a Cadet, I didn't do Myself many favors.

But I'm still here regardless of that time so I know where Jayce is coming from and agree whole heartily with what he has said and respect him totally for posting what he did as I hope it is read by everyone and used as a source or support when Your feeling down about anything in this group or even life itself.

So thank You Jayce for posting this.

Aelus Janus wrote:

Great post--the bible shit was out of place though.

I hate that book; the writers needed more intelligence.

ya know Aelus, tact is important, not every one cares about your issues with religion, that is not what this threat is about.

The last thing the ordo needs is social suicide because people like to get all ragy against christians.

with that said, jayce, well said.

Gunau Sodwind wrote:
Aelus Janus wrote:

ya know Aelus, tact is important, not every one cares about your issues with religion, that is not what this threat is about.

The last thing the ordo needs is social suicide because people like to get all ragy against christians.

No atheists in a fox hole.

Krow Ames wrote:
Gunau Sodwind wrote:
Aelus Janus wrote:

no atheists in muh butthole

Gunau Sodwind wrote:
Krow Ames wrote:
Gunau Sodwind wrote:
Aelus Janus wrote:

Gunau christian dates

Krow Ames wrote:
Gunau Sodwind wrote:
Krow Ames wrote:
Gunau Sodwind wrote:
Aelus Janus wrote:

Gunau christian dates

i accidentally an entire mormon

Gunau Sodwind wrote:
Aelus Janus wrote:

Ya know I agree. I am christian, and I never once gripe or pick fights/insult any other religion, or point of view. Whether it be Atheism or Judaism or whatever. All of my close group of best friends are a mix of Christians/Athiests/Jews.

So if ya don't mind, I'm asking kindly, ease up on the religion hating please. Not tryin to be a tight ass about it or anything, I crack jokes about religion as much as the next guy. But don't be a hater.

I did not start this thread to have people hating on eachother, I started it (with Aryte's enthusiastic approval) to try and reach out to people. It says at the beginning that I heard people were feeling aand thinking less of themselves when it come to the group. After learning of these people I wanted to reach out to them, and try to get them to feel that yes they are important.