Clicky

Kristian

Auxilla

I like it. My only concern would be that several friends who have gone through the training in the trainer praeda have said it was nothing like flying a real praeda, and they were glad they stuck with it because the praeda is awesome but the trainer praeda, "sucked." This could potentially lure cadets into thinking the real deal would be like that, or something.

Anyway, just my input.

Why not both? Can't we just have an extra phase?

When in Schola it was only my pestering certain friends in Ordo at the time that led me to Navis. I'm happy, but I wonder what I might have chosen had all three branches been present to make their 'sales pitch.' I've stated somewhere on these boards that we should do that very thing. Actually taking them out in a trainer and showing them what's what is the logical extension. Maybe letting them fly it is a bit much, but taking them to Chronus and showing them some bling and joint operations, wouldn't be hard, would be good for existening member's training purposes, and probably help educate cadets.

As far as the basic infantry traing, again, why isn't this done? I've been in how many months, and I still don't know how to use the breach function properly. I learned other operations of the HUD by typing what other people typed in open chat and found out on my own. That wasn't training, per se. Even Navis and Astra would benefit from this. Though recently fleet ops have increased dramatically, most my time has been functioning as a grunt, and I'm happy to do that. I'd like to be better educated about how these things work. (Again, I'm old and I could school you little whippersnappers on some Atari 2600 or Intellivision games.)

I'd be happy to be the Navis rep for schola purposes.

I think the first idea has alot of potential as it would allow the new members to decide which division they liked best and save them joining one based one what they have heard from the friends they may already have in the Ordo.

It would also cut down on people wanting to switch divisions cause they find they don't like the one they chose or have to cause their system ultimately can't handle it.

Like in the case of Damion, he originally joined Navis but had to switch to Terra cause his system couldn't handle flying the Eternity, which I know at the time made him sad aswell as possibly quiting.

So with the ability for new members to have a taster in all the divisions, problems like that can be addressed before they are made full members or a particular division.

I do like the second idea also, but if I feel the first one would be better and would be the one would choose if it was My decision to make.

I am not supportive of creating a separate division. Auxilia was fairly useless in the past and I foresee it being useless again. Taking the basic trainings out of the specific divisions makes no sense: it is Terra's responsibility to train Terra, it is Astra's responsibility to train Astra, etc.

As for:

The other one is a more classic one. In this concept cadets will get basic combat instructions for all types of warfare that focuses on ground warfare. Think about teaching cadets how to decrease their lag, the showlookatfunction, learning them how to strafe and basic combat techniques that are also covered in Terra training. Other phases will require cadets to do the chronus obstacle course within a time limit , Shooting range sessions in wich they need to score at least a 70 percent or something like that.

I would prefer adding a fifth phase, streamline the process itself, and keep it all in Schola. Adding Auxilia is another command tree, another level of bureaucracy, and more red tape, confusion, transition.