Clicky

Wolf Shaman

Defense: When not to shoot.

One of the biggest problems that we have on Defense is people not knowing when to shoot, or are afraid to shoot someone that comes in the HUB.

IX-902: Hostile entrances are hostile entrances through and through. A lack of uniform or claims of being unarmed does not change their status, unless the individuals in question are cleared under very specific criteria:

----- a. The individual must be disarmed (they may be uniformed) in all manners.

----- b. The individual must be cleared with the standing OIC (O-1 and above in ranking equivalency). NCOs may NOT clear hostiles for visitation rights, unless acting as NCOIC.

----- c. If criteria are met, the individual must be accompanied at all times by Ordo personnel. They may not be given tours or access to restricted areas without explicit permission by the Office of the Imperator.

----- d. Members of opposing factions do not qualify for "Civilian" status.

Ok. Simply put. If you're not OIC, you dont worry about A-C, and Mercury handles Civilian notices for us (<3 Mercury) The first half of the first line is basically a You shoot until told not to by the OIC.

People who you know not to shoot.

Aryte

Ordo

Mercz

Civilians

If None of the above matches, your job is to shoot them in the face the moment they stray into your crosshairs. There is no asking if you should shoot, what you should do, nothing. You shoot them in the Face. If they're Threat level 5 (Mercury lets us know this <3 Mercury) Mercury sets off an alarm. This means that you dump the whole magazine into their face, reload, and empty that one as well. Because when Mercury is not happy, You are not happy. (Mercury, Belvoed by All)

Example:

[15:48:17] Mercury: Titan entry:Name: Lume Shuffle [ SilverHawks - Threat level: 5 ]

This person could be Dressed as *insert deity of choice here* Unarmed, waving a white flag with a peace symbol on it, Surrounded by a flock of fuzzy kittens drinking from saucers of milk and mewing to the tune of 'Give Peace a chance'

Shoot them in the face. and treat the kittens as score multipliers.

[16:22:45] Mercury: Titan entry:Name: Jeffery Worbridge [ Unknown - Threat level: 4 ]

Dont Ask. Shoot. OIC will say to hold fire. That's their job. Not yours.

Example 2:

Arch Graves, Erebus High Command shows up in the Spawn. They are Unarmed, out of tag, out of Uniform. Mercury denotes that they are Erebus and Threat Level 5.

What do you do?

A: Ask OIC For Instructions?

B: Contact them and ask what they're doing?

C: Shoot them in the Face.

D: Pick Your Nose.

ɔ :ɹǝʍsuɐ

The only time you do not shoot them is when the OIC Says not to shoot them. Do not ask the OIC. The OIC will tell you. Untill then, you shoot, reload, shoot.

If they get shot, and the OIC did not say hold fire, then you're doing your job.

Dont let an enemy get past you or shoot you because you're asking for permission to shoot them. You already have it.

You need Permission to Stop shooting them.

TL;DR

Go back and read it.

Remember. When Mercury is Happy, You're happy.

I was going to add "When in doubt, ask the OIC" but I think it's better to say "When in doubt, use your judgement." It's easier to TP someone back than it is to fight off a sudden attack from behind our lines. And always look to defend yourself. If someone's coming at me with a gun, I'm going to defend myself. The only people I know aren't going to be hostile to me are fellow Ordo members and allies. If I see a civilian equip a weapon and aim at me, I'm going to shoot them. Simple as that.

DOn't forget to IM them... should not have to be asked to im them. They show up you say /2 iming them. IM them and inform OIC/NCOIC/SOG. Say somthing to the effect of "Hello and welcome to Titan. May I ask your business?" if they ignore you inform OIC/NCOI/SOG through coms and then pew pew if the get closer. You will want to IM them while they are still in the spawn and still rezing the sim... that way its obvious they are ignoring you.

Well I remember someone saying on vent (I think it was Nrom) That Erebus, even in the IS tag, are now required to ask for visitation rights again.

Due to them using the tag to get on the base and then joining in on an Erebus attack against Titan later on.

Though someone will have to confirm this.

I will confirm this.

The standing orders are: 06JAN11-I: Erebus visitation prohibited, unless the Erebus member is visiting under the Iron Symphony visitation tag.

Some of you might not be aware, but Erebus had been blanket banned from receiving visitor privileges on Titan. This standing order was rescinded to be the one I posted above.

This means that they can visit while using the IS tag, which expresses their intentions. This doesn't mean that they can simply run away from the hub without announcing their intentions. They have abused this tag or simply not taken it seriously by showing up and 'visiting' without changing to it. I've made it clear on ventrilo and coms more than once that the IS tag does not give them a hall pass from following protocol. WolfShaman showed you the protocol above. If they show up in an IS tag, they're still hostile unless they are cleared from the NC/OIC. If you're hesitant about opening fire on them, IM them to get their intentions, remind them to stay in the hub until they are cleared by the NC/OIC and relay the information to who is in charge.

Also, I've noticed that communication over coms has been pretty terrible lately. When you're in charge of Titan's defense, try to relay orders over both Ventrilo and text coms. It's a requirement for the NC/OIC to be on there, but it is not for all of our members. Relay major orders and commands over both communication channels to ensure that everyone gets the orders. Clearing someone for visitation is one of these orders.

This is what I mean:

Awesome.

For long have I scouted for a topic like this which underlines what I prefer to do if someone comes about and believe that they can walk up without talking to the NC/OIC... Furthermore, then couldn't it be like, made a rule that the NC/OIC has to announce the clearing over COM, so that it wont be overlooked for those of us who cant be on Vent 24/7? I would hate to gun down someone NC/OIC cleared over Vent when I am not there.

Else, easy to go by...

Even if they come in with an Iron Symphony tag displayed they need to be contacted and watched per orders noted above. While it is supposed to show the intent of coming around to hang out, or to tend to diplomatic matters, please still contact an Erebus member in the IS tag. It is still a possibility that the IS tag may be abused in order to bring a hostile into close range and then to attack, though this being more of a worst-case scenario.