Dascede

Ordo Meeting - 12FEB11

~ORDO IMPERIALIS~

OFFICIAL DOCUMENT

<=====================Extend to this length=========================>

<===========================================================>

**********Meeting Report**********

NAME/RANK/DIVISION: Dascede Aluveaux | E-5; Vexillarius | Astra / Apostles

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE: 11 February 2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT: Weekly gathering.

SUMMARY: Weekly developments, gear, improvement suggestions, R. Bleac's speech.

============================================================

CHAT LOG:

Meeting Opener

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia shouts: Obligatory starter, as always: welcome to this week’s meeting. Per the norm, please be certain to hold all questions and comments until provided the opportunity to speak. Interruptions will result in dismissal from the gathering. When you are provided the chance to speak, be sure to /shout/ your comments or questions—otherwise the recorder may not hear you. Thank you: let’s get to it.

[18:00] Wulf Lykin: i burned arytes coffee

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics

Members: 321

Cadets: 07

Applications

New: 17

Accepted: 0

Denied: 12

Review: 5

Combat

Defensive: 226

Offensive: 19

Allied Assist: 0

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic events this week started off with a fairly big bang. Large TAC engagements with Dresden (or whatever it is called now) went into full swing, with some strong shows of power as we simultaneously engaged all recognized TAC targets. Mid-week went a bit quieter, as Ordo forces re-tasked to engaging independent parties (and a lot of CATI). All in all, no major policy changes or anything to really note—aside from that Erebus recovered from a bit of a hiccup, had a short rebuild, and reopened yesterday.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

Divisional Reports

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Normandy, for Astra?

Astra

[18:03] Nrom Normandy shouts: Palaestra: Thank you instructors for getting some training done this week. If instructors are looking for who is waiting for training, I have a training section at the bottom of the Astra roster: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/11276-ordo-astra-roster-08feb11/ Revisions to Palaestra materials are in the works. Thanatos training will also be finalized after Zerowinged and trinity are done going over it. The obstacle course rezzer is up on the maze with a test course to try out. Please report comments to me.

[18:03] Agares Tretiak raises his hand.

[18:03] Nrom Normandy shouts: Equipment: No news for you this week. I'm dropping work on the SDB since WolfShaman has moved to the reserves.

[18:03] Nrom Normandy shouts: Tactical Squadron: I have heard a number of reports for this week where pilots did not communicate with their CO about their status. I will remind everyone that this is part of showing your activity. When you are not active, you are placed on the reserve list. When you're on the reserve list you're out of sight and out of mind. Please work on this. I'll also announce the CO/XO for Reapers later tonight once I am able to speak with some of the individuals.

[18:04] Nrom Normandy shouts: This week we will be going across the Rules of Engagement. Part of this will include some changes to authorizing aircraft in New Jessie. Other than that, it's all I have for you this week and my report is concluded. Ad maiorem Imperatoris gloriam.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Do we have a representative for Terra?

[18:04] thatguy Andel raises a hand on behalf of Cohors B.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Andel.

Terra

[18:05] thatguy Andel: From Tsukiyomi on Century 1: Busy report for Victrix this week, Lots of training, a meeting and a bunch of reviews! Very proud of the activity for my squad this week, They are all doing an excellent job! Alot of progress in group development has been made after the B command meeting, and the creation of the Victrix group. Trainings have gone off without a hitch this week, a good presence by Victrix for all trainings. The meeting didn't turn out as expected, Hostiles and bad scheduling made it difficult to hold properly, however still went over quite well. Excellent week for Victrix,

[18:05] thatguy Andel: From Steeltael on Century 2: This week a XO was selected and activity saw a dip as multiple members were recruited into other squads. New members added, Jeffrey Worbridge & Xiolin Furlough

[18:05] thatguy Andel: From Williamca on Century 3: Things have been lacking this week, with the new group I plan to make more muster calls for training. I also have a combined training planned that I intend to talk with Teron about to get my members acquanted with armored vehicles and working along side them.

We may do the same for Insidiae and Invictus to, in order to get them to push towards alpha squads and not simply maintain bare minimum activity.

[18:06] thatguy Andel: That's all from Cohors B.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Any Cohors A leaders wish to chime in?

[18:06] Kiwi Foxtrot (eriksson.foxtrot) raises hand for Invictus.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Foxtrot?

[18:06] Kiwi Foxtrot (eriksson.foxtrot) shouts: From myself: "Fun and co-operative week as I made my 'more' official return from absence. Invictus partook in numerous squad raids, and even a joint Antesignani + Invictus raid on CATI which went extremely well this week. The Invictus MCR bayonet variant is almost completed according to Keller, so that's something that we're all eagerly waiting on! On another note: Member activity is beginning to peak, and we hope to keep that solid effort up as we dig our faces into the recruitment phase. By sometime this week we plan on inducting one member, even two members into Invictus; though don't fret if you do not make it in! We still have plenty of room, and lots of candidates to make through! That being said, if you're interested in Invictus, and haven't already contacted myself, or my XO Kastrenzo Benelli, then please go ahead and do that! This concludes the Invictus report for this week!"

[18:06] Krow Ames: o/

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Ames?

[18:07] Krow Ames shouts: A beta of our new hud has been handed out to key members of the squad. If it performs well, it could go live soon. Several key recruitments have taken place, as promised, and the squad is now at full health. The squad members are still adjusting into the group, but we will soon be able to run at full capacity with several squad exclusive raids a week. A new XO is also being discussed. Stay tuned! Insidiae loves you.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Any additional reports this evening?

Praetorian Guard

[18:09] Corsi DeAllura (corsi.mousehold) raises his hand

[18:09] Agares Tretiak raises his hand.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Tretiak.

[18:09] Agares Tretiak: Thank you, my lord. The Praetorian Guard is, as many of you know, preparing to hold the Candidate Trials. I thank all the applicants for their efforts, and the Guard looks forward to working with them, as well as the Guard colleagues in the Special Branches to carry out the task. I should have the first time-slot schedule prepared this evening and I hope to start the trials Monday. Otherwise, activity is up, my connection is almost bearable, and the much dreaded obstacle course is almost complete. En Nomen Gloria Imperialis

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

Tactica

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Mousehold?

[18:11] Corsi DeAllura (corsi.mousehold) shouts: The Tactica Board has reached the stated goal we set out to accomplish. As of right now, every open base and millitary we can find, has been updated and reported on. Other groups have now taken to messaging Tactica staff to get updates and information of what is happening around the grid and asking us for landmarks they cannot get. For the entire Tactica staff, Huttser Ishelwood, Kyra Vixen, Acheron Gloom, Afevis Soderteige, Darkhades Demonia, Exterminatus Footman, Fox Cheri, Kalas Drascol, Kithsuneca Eilde, Kynnaria Merlin, pat Vinciolo, Stirn Aurotharius, Tsukiyomi Yuhara, Ookamiwulf Lemton, and Sebris Montpart; Thank you for all the hard work you have done and continue to do to improove the team and the military community as a whole. Ookami has given us our first 3D map this week. Have a look inside the Erebus folder on the Tactica board.

[18:11] Corsi DeAllura (corsi.mousehold) shouts: Moving on we have two base closings this week. K-Brigade is gone even though they were never there to defend anyway but they lost their land. And the open combat sim Laiva is gone due to stress placed on the owner from a few of it's patrons. An update on Atrius Invictus has them out of Snowflake and currently seeking a sim after a short stay at Fenris. Erebus is back opened again as I am sure Lord Vesperia has already mentioned. Chaos Company SHOULD be opening soon as last time I chatted with them, they were talking about getting started some time this month. BSM had opened and then closed again and I won't get into the rumors as to why but they have told me they will be back shortly too.

[18:13] Corsi DeAllura (corsi.mousehold): Oh. And an addendum to that ... Ironostics is supposedly returning after their death on the 14th.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Final call for reports this evening.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: Moving right along then.

Keynote Topics

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: A few topics from me tonight. Two of 'em fairly big. And then I believe Mr. Bleac has a statement.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: First up. The usual "new stuff" report:

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: Drop ship replacement in scripting. Basic functions are in place. Ethan Schuman flew me around in it a few days ago. It appears to be shaping up just fine. No estimation as to when it will be completed.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: Disembodied is estimating next Friday as completion for the power armor model.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Annnd a new set of machine pistols are being drafted up, compliments of Scarlet Flaks and Tsume Xiao. I have them attached currently.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: They're essentially born out of Scarlet going "mm, what can I make with 2 prims."

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: Questions on gear and technology before we move on?

[18:20] Krow Ames: o/

[18:20] Succenturio Takakura (arokh.takakura) raises claw.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Ames?

[18:20] Krow Ames: Dropship. Back when I left, if you shot the driver, everyone was returned home. Is this the case still, and will it have an armor system to aleviate the problem?

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: It will not have HP on initial release. However, by LL limitations, the damage delt to the ship is split among the passengers. So, if there's two folks riding, it would be able to absorb more then one shot (etc).

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: Takakura?

[18:22] Succenturio Takakura (arokh.takakura): I was wondering, what is the artistic inspiration for the Power-Armour?

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Optimus Prime, of course.

[18:23] Succenturio Takakura (arokh.takakura): ..

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: No, I'm kidding. It's a mish-mash of things, actually. Disembodied and Tiridates then got together and are drafting it up.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: What I do know is Disembodied is attempting to make it "faceless." He's in love with ominous robot things.

[18:24] Succenturio Takakura (arokh.takakura): [i hope it's resizeable]

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: It likely will not be.

[18:24] Succenturio Takakura (arokh.takakura): ;-;

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: We'll seeee.

[18:25] Succenturio Takakura (arokh.takakura): [i'll just take the panels]

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Moving on:

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: I. ART Stuff

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: I have released a sort of beta copy for folks to gander at on the forums. Feel free to give your input and thoughts:

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/11338-art-sneak-peek/

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Still trucking along on it as time permits. But, definitely give it a look!

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: Now for the big topic from me this evening. As one of the [E-5] requirements, a "suggest changes" letter is expected. I go through them routinely and compile the ideas. I have dug out some of the recent ones and want to go over the suggestions here and provide my thoughts for you all on those suggestions.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: First up:

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: "NCOS partnering up with officers; or senior NCOS partnering up with junior members on raids/combat scenarios to share traits."

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: As it was explained to me: the idea is to sort of expect and foster an ongoing mentor program for leadership. The essence of this is covered in the ART for combat skills-- so I am definitely in favor of expanding that to include the raid leadership/defense leadership skill sets.

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: I am going to go ahead and start that off. I will commit to "leading" at least a couple of raids weekly and sit-in with a volunteer leader, providing them the chance to exercise their aspirations in a "safe" enviroment.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: For seasoned raid leaders, we will work out a routine and start an ongoing mentorship routine, in which our veteran combat leaders will tag along and simply act in advisory status to those wishing to get into the ring as a leader.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: Next:

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: "Extend Schola over a longer period of time."

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: The author of the idea proposed that Schola be regimented over a longer period of time-- although I can see the basis of the idea, the eventual goal is to make the transition between Schola and Armatura to be seamless.

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: The IEA has been gearing up to make that possible. Eventually, Armatura will be seen less as a "do this if you wanna, I guess," and more of a compulsory assignment after finishing Schola. As such, I am wary about regimenting how often Schola can be taught at the moment.

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: Next: "Routine measurement of sim resource usage by members; help Ordo members keep their resource impact low."

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Totally no objection to that. We have largely, informally, done this for some time and .. actually made some pretty awesome headway by simply being aware of what unncessary attachments can do.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: The individual who offered the suggestion pledged an outline. Looking forward to seeing what he has in mind.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Next: "More systematic raid call-up; random rolls or Mercury automation."

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: This is an interesting thought. I am, however, leaning more towards the Mercury option. This idea has come out of complaint of routinely missing raid calls simply by bad timing. It would not be too difficult to slave in additional function to Mercury -- not unlike the OIC window -- that simply popped up and warned folks when a raid was being called.

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: (wow Mercury.)

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: We could easily make a staged routine where, for example .. a raid leader would call a raid through the server.

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: And it would send out a notice to folks active on map. "Yo, raid in X minutes."

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: Then take a list of volunteers after the expired time, even.

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: "More clear cut training/unlocking for armor (etc)."

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: As we covered last week (or the week before?), that is already being solved. With the new tank (and the power armor), training will be on demand based on unlock.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: Next: "Enforced squad immerson: scheduled events."

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: The author called for mandatory squad events in which units would get together and break outside their shell a bit, simply to get to know one another and practice. I completely support this idea as well. I have had it as an expectation for Cohors A units for some time.

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: Simply a matter of getting Cohors command to orchestrate it now.

[18:46] Steeltael Lykin raises paw

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: And flights, for that matter.

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: Yes, I know Cohors B already does it, Steeltael. Kudos etc.

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: Next: "Expansion of Astra into a '3 elite selection' set up like Terra."

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: The idea called for three specialty roles in Astra. The Apostles would remain the air-dominance unit, with two additions-- a fleet component, and an air cav element.

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: I am definitely in favor of diversifying Astra. My issue with this idea arises with attemptying to find enough diversity to justify an "air cav" element, when that role traditionally fits when Astra/Terra are working together.

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: This is something that will largely need to be explored with Mr. Normandy, his command elements, and myself.

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: Questions thus far?

[18:53] Steeltael Lykin raises paw

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: Lykin?

[18:54] Acheron Gloom: ddd 200

[18:54] Steeltael Lykin shouts: Comment or suggestion: It is useful to create a chart of the personnel within your squads levels of activity and or times of availability. This helps schedule those squad level event's and helps to ensure there is coverage for as many people as possible.

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: Couple more to go over:

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: "Battle buddies."

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: Already on it! Coming soon to an ART near you.

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: "Inactive population on region enforcement."

[18:58] Aryte Vesperia: I am within the agreement that folks shouldn't just .. leave their character online while they go to bed.

[18:58] Aryte Vesperia: But I also don't want to penalize folks who are, say . . alt-tabbed in Blender making cool stuff.

[19:00] Aryte Vesperia: I have no doubt Mercury already has the capability technology wise-- so it is likely we'll put some sort of tracking mechanism in place that simply sends people nastygrams after they are idle an extended period of time. I would wager that period of time will be set reasonably high so as not to antagonize builders or folks simply working.

[19:01] Nova Ansar (fox.cheri) raises paw

[19:01] Aryte Vesperia: Cheri?

[19:03] Nova Ansar (fox.cheri) shouts: Would it be an idea to have a confinement area somewhere in the Citadel where AFK'ish, or nonactive people can leave their avatars? It is not fun to rush through the Lounge for instance, and find a bunch of people talking, and when asked to get on defense, get the message that they are either AFK or doing other things? Not only does it render a problem for the NC/OIC who needs to figure how many resources there are to dabble with, but it also works a bit as a demoralizer to see such situations happen. A suggestion would be the area below the meeting area here be designated for such.

[19:04] Maverick Garfield raises his hand

[19:04] Aryte Vesperia: Mmm, yeah that wouldn't be an issue.

[19:04] Aryte Vesperia: Garfield?

[19:04] Maverick Garfield: Could they just go to Chronus?

[19:04] Aryte Vesperia: That'd be crappy if we wanted to use C hronus for combat, etc.

[19:04] Tatyana Kiznetsova (kaska.czarny) raises a hand.

[19:05] Aryte Vesperia: Last one. Czarny?

[19:06] Tatyana Kiznetsova (kaska.czarny) shouts: Sir, couldn't something similar to the idle OIC timer be done? The main difference being it applies to everyone, and if you answer no or take too long to respond your avatar is moved to this special area.

[19:06] Aryte Vesperia: I am not sure if it's possible to force teleport with current tech.

[19:06] Aryte Vesperia: But with the new HUD, likely doable.

[19:07] Aryte Vesperia: Running long tonight and we still have Mr. Bleac's comments to hear. So I am going to save the rest of these for later.

[19:07] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Bleac?

[19:08] Ron Bleac shouts: I'm here to talk about combat leaders. What it means to be a combat leader and why we need more of them. As you've seen, Aryte's working on getting a system going, but we're low on blood and bone.

[19:08] Ron Bleac shouts: A combat leader is anything from a low level NCO to an officer rank in the Ordo, but rank doesn't make you a combat leader. Being a combat leader is taking responsibility, assuming command and co-ordinating ongoing combat. A combat leader leads from the front, not from the back. He's there with his men, swinging a sidearm back and forth whilst delegating tasks to his forces. Combat leaders are daring, smart, but most of all: Tough as nails.

[19:08] Ron Bleac shouts: Being a grand tactician or strategist does not make you a combat leader. There's a lot more to it than just that. But most of the time, grabbing a flag or a banner and spearheading the assault is enough. A combat leader is a person people will follow, regardless of their avatar choice, accent or country of origin. You will be followed due to your leadership qualities, not because of what or who you are. On the battlefield, things such as relationships, arguments, debates or other personal matters are not of importance.

[19:08] Ron Bleac shouts: Raid leadership and raid attendance here in the Ordo functions on a volunteer basis. We're all volunteers here and we're all here for the same reason: To have fun. 90% of that fun comes from raids and other combat scenarios. Combat scenarios are orchestrated by combat leaders, who carry ultimate responsibility in the success or failure of a combat mission. Combat leaders have different styles. Some rule with an iron fist, others with a soft voice and a gentle pat on the bum. Personally, I prefer the prior. I have a 9mm, hollow point authority. But I am also fair in judgement and very short on ammunition.

[19:09] Ron Bleac shouts: Combat leaders are unique people: They have different personalities, different traits and different ideas, each leading to a different outcome or at least greatly affecting the end result. Being a combat leader grants you the unique opportunity of having a community within a community: A group of people that recognize you as a capable leader and attend your raids regularly. You make more acquaintances and more friends. In short, when people recognize you as a leader they flock to you.

[19:10] Ron Bleac shouts: We need volunteers. But I'm sure you all have a couple of questions, especially the new folk.

[19:10] Ron Bleac shouts: What is it like being a combat leader? Well, that's a long story, but I'll focus on why most people *don't* want to be combat leaders. After that everything else is fairly obvious.

[19:11] Ron Bleac shouts: The #1 fear of potential or current combat leader is this: The fear of failure.

[19:11] Ron Bleac shouts: Are you afraid of leading? You probably are, if you're not, you should be. Leading a group of people is extremely terrifying, but that's part of being a leader. A good leader overcomes his or her fear and takes his group to victory, or failure. You should be in bed with your fear of failure. Here, let me burst your bubble. If you're going to be a combat leader: You will fail, eventually. But mounting that grand, final "fuck you and fuck everything" bayonet charge against fortified enemy positions to die in a blaze of fire is what makes it all worth it. The group of people following you into the fight will make you eternally grateful to yourself for volunteering.

[19:12] Ron Bleac shouts: The #2 fear of the combat leader is this: The fear of bitching, whining and accompanied negative vocal outbursts.

[19:12] Ron Bleac shouts: Yes, we all do it. We all scream obscenities when we get really frustrated with things happening on the field, but we all need to remember the following: Solidarity and unity can destroy any gun battery, smash any fort and kill any opponent. When people group up around you and express their willingness to fight and die next to you, you realize that a combat environment is different from a regular in-world environment.

[19:13] Ron Bleac shouts: Also, READ FASTER. I NEED TO GO TO BED. :[

[19:13] Ron Bleac shouts: You may have your personal differences with people, but you will all get along. If you don't, you should strive to.

[19:13] Ron Bleac shouts: Yes, there will be people there that just want to cause you grief. Yes, there will be people there who just want to make you seem like a shit leader or just be a pain.

[19:14] Ron Bleac shouts: But as Henry the 5th said at the battle of Agincourt, "Brother, proclaim it Westmoreland through my host, that he who has no stomach for this fight, let him depart. His passport shall be made and crowns for convoy put into his purse. We will not die in that mans company who fears his fellowship to die with us."

[19:14] Ron Bleac shouts: In other words: Haters gonna hate and they can gtfo, 'cause they're pussies.

[19:15] Ron Bleac shouts: Nobody's forcing them to attend, but if they volunteer just to cause shit, they can go join VG. That said, there will rarely be a scenario where you have to discipline people. Luckily enough those same people hold their manhoods so cheap, you will rarely have to bump heads with them.

[19:15] Ron Bleac shouts: Still reading? Great!

[19:15] Ron Bleac shouts: #3: Social impact.

[19:16] Ron Bleac shouts: Another concern I've run into in regards to new combat leaders is the reputation factor. This is closely related to the negative things you might run into during raids, such as the previously mentioned troublemakers. Reputation doesn't matter much, but let me burst your bubble again: People will talk behind your back, in a group such as large as us it is bound to happen. But as in the previous paragraph, they hold their manhoods cheap.

[19:16] Ron Bleac shouts: But in the Ordo environment, it doesn't matter. We are all equal here, take that to heart.

[19:17] Ron Bleac shouts: Those who engage in such activity are often the ones who are commanders of very little and will eventually find themselves in a pickle, unless they change their ways. Because people will find out, resulting in long speeches at meetings.

[19:17] Ron Bleac shouts: (I'm looking at you.)

[19:17] Ron Bleac shouts: Those who attempt to break the Ordo's unity, equality in combat and outside of it are people who are ultimately responsible for defeat. Hurpdupr, pretty counter-productive to a group centered around combat.

[19:17] Ron Bleac shouts: All in all, it has its own problems but it's nothing that can't be overcome. You can all do it. You've been accepted into the group, which means you can do it.

[19:18] Ron Bleac shouts: That said. Moving on to another thing in this little spiel of mine:

[19:18] Ron Bleac shouts: Being a leader puts you in the unique position of being directly responsible for the enjoyment of Ordo's population, as stated before. This means that you're the #1 reason the people who like to do combat are happy.

[19:19] Ron Bleac shouts: You have no reason NOT to volunteer for a combat leadership role, any man, any woman who has vocal chords can do it. Leadership will come naturally when the bullets start flying, you just can't teach it and make someone a leader with the flick of a wrist, but you can prepare for it. Every single person out there currently sitting in the audience has experienced combat of one sort or another.

[19:19] Ron Bleac shouts: You are the grizzled combat veterans that carry the marks of war upon their skin, or the new guy who's already been through a baptism of fire. Maybe you haven't seen combat yet. Or maybe you're a Cadet. If you're the latter, graduate and volunteer. If you're the prior: What are you waiting for? Get to it! An E-1 can be in a combat leadership role in Armatura, which will put them on a fast-track to being a true combat leader.

[19:20] Ron Bleac shouts: I would like to tell all of you folks who are currently Praetorian Guard candidates: You will be expected to lead and be an example. If the prospect of taking on a leadership role leaves you shaking like a tea leaf: IM me after the meeting, we'll have a chat.

[19:20] Ron Bleac shouts: Being a combat leader is a great experience. To see your soldiers struggle forward under heavy machine gun fire, being ripped to shreds by mortar shells, bullets and other assorted anti-badass munitions leaves you devastated. You will see all the horrors of war: Men choking on their own insides, drowning in pools of refuse.

[19:21] Ron Bleac shouts: Tanks, rather.*

[19:21] Ron Bleac shouts: anks rolling across the open plains crushing everything in their path, all guns blazing in a desperate victory or death assault. Minefields killing and maiming indiscriminately. Incendiary bombs burning population centers. Powder burns, phosphorus injuries and what constant combat does to ones mind.

[19:21] Ron Bleac shouts: Not Anks.

[19:21] Ron Bleac shouts: But to see your men succeed, overcome all obstacles due to your leadership. To see them victorious is a feeling like no other. Even through all the death and grime of warfare, what gives you satisfaction is the knowledge that even though you have taken heavy casualties and made a sacrifice on Saturday by staying awake all night, you have completed your objectives.

[19:22] Ron Bleac shouts: Not as one person, but as a group.

[19:22] Ron Bleac shouts: And it is the most rewarding, the most amazing feeling in human existence that's pretty similar to the following: Getting married, having babies, making babies so forth.

[19:22] Ron Bleac shouts: So, volunteer, you have nothing to lose except blood and sweat. Go through Armatura if you haven't done so yet and start looking into leadership options. It's a whole new world.

[19:22] Ron Bleac shouts: We need leaders. Will you do your part?

[19:22] Ron Bleac shouts: Thank you.

[19:22] Aryte Vesperia: [ WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE ... ? ]

[19:23] Ron Bleac shouts: (Starship Troopers = <3)

[19:23] Hokusai Otsuka Ronmark (hokusai.otsuka): (I claim exempt from making babies.)

[19:23] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you, Mr. Bleac.

[19:23] Aryte Vesperia: I appreciate your words, as always.

Meeting Closer

[19:24] Aryte Vesperia: Promotions (titles included!) will be up tomorrow morning. Let's get some combat out tonight. :] Dismissed and have a great night everyone.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.