Dascede

Ordo Meeting - 19FEB11

~ORDO IMPERIALIS~

OFFICIAL DOCUMENT

<=====================Extend to this length=========================>

<===========================================================>

**********Meeting Report**********

NAME/RANK/DIVISION: Dascede Aluveaux | E-5 | Astra / Apostles

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE: 19 February 2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT: General Ordo meeting.

SUMMARY: Gear; AiR Replacement; policy reminders

============================================================

CHAT LOG:

Meeting Opener

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia shouts: Obligatory starter, as always: welcome to this week’s meeting. Per the norm, please be certain to hold all questions and comments until provided the opportunity to speak. Interruptions will result in dismissal from the gathering. When you are provided the chance to speak, be sure to /shout/ your comments or questions—otherwise the recorder may not hear you. Thank you: let’s get to it.

Imperator's Report

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics

Members: 318

Cadets: 7

Applications

New: 11

Accepted: 2

Denied: 7

Review: 2

Combat

Defensive: 174

Offensive: 14

Allied Assist: 0

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic report this week: raids + more rands = profit (no changes).

Divisional Reports

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

[18:02] SoulBinder Wolfstein raises his hand for Terra.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Wolfstein?

Terra

[18:02] SoulBinder Wolfstein shouts: From Antesignani: Activity is seriously on the rise. We had several trainings most private with one public. Also an Antesignani raid and presence of Antesignani Members in general back on the rise. We have the new XCR with the MASS being tested and it is definately improving our flexability. Also we added a new member to the team. Kaska Czarny is now a member of Antesignani. Several members of the squad have had heavy activity in deploying armor as well as the APC being a vastly strategic part of the squad raid this week.

[18:02] SoulBinder Wolfstein shouts: From Insidiae: Insidiae would like to welcome their new Executive Officer, Afevis Sodertelge to the role. In other news, Insidiae is making excellent headway in the last week, holding several squad events and a raid or two while waiting for our new training course that is being prepared for the squad. This course should be done as soon as Munitorium finishes up with our final gear adjustments, which will be the basis of what the course is to be heavily centered upon. Along with the recent collection of the squaddies hours of availability, we will soon be seeking to hold a far greater amount of trainings, raids, and other squad related events! Lastly, Squaddie Linx Foxclaws's cousin, the Energizer Bunny was arrested, and promptly charged with battery. That is all for this week from Insidiae!

[18:03] SoulBinder Wolfstein shouts: From Invictus: A little bit of a slower week this time, though we expected a little decrease as the Praetorian Trials came around. Invictus MCR variants are still in the works with a close finishing date advancing for one of them, hoping to see that within the next week or so if all runs smoothly. Overall member activity has dropped just a little bit as we see a few members focus their time on the Praetorian trials, and a few members on leave of absence as well. However, activity should increase for the next week as numerous activities are scheduled to be undertaken! As for the recruitment aspect of things, we've developed a little bit of a waiting line to get into Invictus, though we're working quickly to gradually get through things! An induction is planned for next week to bring in one (1) new member into Invictus, and that'll leave two (2) slots open! If interested in learning a little bit more about Invictus, then you're all more than welcome to inquire with Eriksson Foxtrot at any time! That concludes

[18:03] SoulBinder Wolfstein shouts: the report for this week.

[18:03] SoulBinder Wolfstein shouts: From Liberatrix: Training planned for this coming Sunday at 6pm for Cohors B-3, due to a high amount of people having overlapping time ratios and choice for that date. Working up a way to get people more affiliated with alpha squads rather than pitting them against them giving them a silly overwhelming challenge. Instead it will be mixed Alpha and Cohors B squad members in which they work together defending/attacking.

[18:03] SoulBinder Wolfstein shouts: From Rapax: A decent week of activity followed by a drastic drop in active membership. With more losses on the horizon. Current projects include the ongoing squad logo project as well as establishing a European timezone Training NCO. As Well as a orientation member to assist new people in the group. Building squad comraderie and paying attention to fulfilling the needs of its members are the current priorities.

[18:03] SoulBinder Wolfstein shouts: From Victrix: Excellent week for Victrix! Alot of members finished armatura this week. Trainings are going off without a hitch and meetings are happening regularly. We have alot of people looking to join alpha squads here soon. Not alot more to report on this week, just a note that I'm proud of my squad.

[18:03] SoulBinder Wolfstein shouts: This concludes my weekly wall of text.

[18:04] Heather McKay raises her hand for Curia.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you, Mr. Wolfstein.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. McKay?

Officium Curia

[18:06] Heather McKay: Quick couple of statements from me, 1. Guard interviews are starting for Curia this week, so expect the workload to be higher among the consuls. 2. There have been some incidents pertaining to the Paw of Mercury. This is an emergency system, folks, don't be playing with it. It is for the case that there are not estate managers online and a threat to the sim needs to be removed, not a tool for blackscreening one another.

[18:07] Heather McKay: That being said, I do not care to hear of any more incidents of friendly fire or swatting.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Schuman.

Astra

[18:08] Ethan Schuman raises his hand for Astra.

[18:09] Ethan Schuman: This week in Astra, we have the following to report:

[18:09] Ethan Schuman: Activity will also be ramping up, with our nightly open invitation Grand Melees resuming.

[18:09] Ethan Schuman: Between the Praetorian trials and Nrom coming down with a nasty bug today (get better soon, buddy), we have a lot of pilots who are burning the candles at both ends, and are tired. However, after they have recovered, a reward awaits them. The transport mode of the Liberator has been finished, packaged, and is now sitting in Aryte's inventory awaiting distribution. While the original feature list for the Liberator included rappelling and a few other cool things, getting a replacement for the Failbus onto the field and in use as soon as possible was a much higher priority than adding in those extras. There are still two extra modes, attack (like an Apache) and gunship (like a motherfuckin' AC-130) to be done, and when I begin work on them, the extras will be added in. This release of the Liberator has been streamlined and simplified as much as possible, and has a similar flight mechanic to the Predator (though much heavier and much slower) to make adaptation much easier. Training courses should be ready soon.

[18:09] Ethan Schuman: Special recognition goes out to Ookami for excellence in combat through total domination and superiority over enemy pilots. Disembodied also gets props for his rapid adaptation to his new role (and the Liberator. WNT FLTSHP NAO KTHX).

[18:10] Ethan Schuman: That's all from us this week.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Any additional reports this evening?

[18:11] Corsi DeAllura (corsi.mousehold) raises his hand for Tactica.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Mousehold?

Tactica

[18:11] Corsi DeAllura (corsi.mousehold) shouts: And for Tactica, reopening this week are Atrius Invictus and Black Scorpion Mercinaries. The latter of which already has a report filed on them. Delta Force is building in a new sim and several Ordo members have been over to help out or just have a look. But the big news this week is a pair of groups that have shown up on the grid in the sim Monsalvat. Replacement groups from the remains of SLAD have cropped up by the names of DELTA and Russian armed Forces. Talking with command over there, RAF is looking to get a full sim and with two raids having gone there from the time of this writing, they were not 100% prepared to defend a quarter of a full sim. They should ... should be buying their own sim soon. If it's a full sim, I am assured that the cannon and destroyable wall stand a good chance at coming back. This concludes the Tactica Report for this week.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Any final reports this evening?

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: Right-o. Moving right along.

Keynote Topics

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: > Update: Gear

Ah – may as well start with the popular topic with a little mash update on some of our primary projects. First to note: the drop ship replacement program has reached a completed level. The initial (unarmed) release is good to go and is awaiting final approval from Praefectus Nrom Normandy. Or, apparently has been approved according to Astra’s report?

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: For anyone who has had the opportunity to give the old “Battlebus” a whirl, the Interdictor Liberator will be an exponential improvement in functionality. It performs and flies extremely smooth. The handling is a lot like a “heavy” Predator.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: Modeling of the power armor is going very, very good. Disembodied Hand gave me a sneak peek of the head design and I have to say I am pretty darn pleased. It is fairly Romanesque . . . but in a subtle, two thousand years in the future / epic way. Mr. Hand is really out-doing himself. It will be an excellent addition to our armory.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: I would show you all a picture. But. It's no copy/no mod because Disembodied sucks at perming things.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: So I will .. give it to someone randomly in the crowd.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: [18:17] Ethan Schuman accepted your inventory offer.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: Bug him.

[18:17] Ethan Schuman: You bastard.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: Titan wise, we are expecting a strong series of addition to the line. Currently in queue and already modeled are: an Intervention rifle, 416, ACR, and a C-20.

[18:18] Ethan Schuman: AND WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT IN THE CORNER?

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: The series Rome.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Shh.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Questions thus far?

[18:18] Wulf Lykin raises a paw

[18:18] Yoki Mistwalker shakes her head no.

[18:18] Markus Karlfeldt (mark.karlfeldt) raises hand.

[18:18] Tatyana Kiznetsova (kaska.czarny) raises a hand.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: Lykin?

[18:19] Wulf Lykin: what kind of weapons are they, asault, sniper or?

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: Sniper, assault, assault, fantasy .. rifle?

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Karlfeldt? :)

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: (Welcome back.)

[18:20] Markus Karlfeldt (mark.karlfeldt): When the fuck are you gonna do the Satan .44.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: .. when -- well.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Tsume just needs to change the bullets.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Czarny?

[18:20] Markus Karlfeldt (mark.karlfeldt): >:|

[18:21] Tatyana Kiznetsova (kaska.czarny): Sir, is there room for just anyone to develop a weapon? I'm working on one I'm interested in partnering up with someone to refine it.

[18:21] Maverick Garfield raises his hand

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: Yes-- definitely. If it isn't requisitioned, however, there's the risk of it not being accepted/used. SO just a warning!

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: Garfield, Lord of Shotguns?

[18:22] Maverick Garfield nods.

[18:22] Maverick Garfield: More shotguns?

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: .. Really?

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Is that your honest question?

[18:23] Maverick Garfield: Yes.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: .. possibly later?

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Moving on!

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: > Officer Raid Initiative

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Last week’s officer meeting focused around officer involvement and reinforcing participation by the administration in all portions of the group. The common theme that we see arise is that officers become pretty strongly mired in the policy elements of the group and leave combat leadership to a select number.

[18:23] Almighty Bracket (bracket.crowley) raises ahnd

[18:24] Almighty Bracket (bracket.crowley): ignore that, chatlag made it go through late, what I wanted to ask has already been answered :>

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: As Praetorian Bleac said, combat leadership is fundamental. As such, the officer staff has made the commitment and has already begun picking up raid activity. The goal for the command corps is: at least one raid by half the staff per week—that totals roughly 18 originated raids from the staff. The primary focus will be utilizing this time to help teach new raid leaders.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Next up:

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: As a bit of a reminder, I would like to touch on the issue of jurisdiction for Ordo members while off Titan. There are a couple areas to touch on—clear and generated jurisdictions.

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: Clear jurisdiction is the obvious stuff: if you are on Titan, another military sim, etc. Clear jurisdiction is the most common area. It is what you and I run into every day.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Generated jurisdiction is a bit more gray and unusual. Generated jurisdiction occurs when Ordo members are outside of Titan or military community interactions, but the situation “generates” a level of presence that creates a level of jurisdiction by Ordo command. This can occur in a few ways: the presence of Ordo tag and/or regalia, the existence of multiple Ordo personnel in one event, or the sheer gravity of the event.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Generated jurisdiction is a bit more gray and unusual. Generated jurisdiction occurs when Ordo members are outside of Titan or military community interactions, but the situation “generates” a level of presence that creates a level of jurisdiction by Ordo command. This can occur in a few ways: the presence of Ordo tag and/or regalia, the existence of multiple Ordo personnel in one event, or the sheer gravity of the event.

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: The presence of Ordo tag and regalia is a bit of a no-brainer. If a member is outside of the military community displaying their group specific attire and marking, their actions immediately are translated as a reflection on the Ordo.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: The second category, the existence of numerous Ordo personnel, creates jurisdiction by perception. For example, if multiple Ordo members are together at a non-community location, actions that are committed by those members can be perceived as Ordo related due to their shared associations.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: The last category, the gravity of the event, is based upon the action itself. If the event is serious enough, regardless of whether or not a member is on Ordo or military territory, it will reflect upon the Ordo and be under the purview of the Ordo to judicate.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: In short: just be mindful what you do!

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Next:

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: > AiR Command Transition

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: As of this weekend, Praefectus Mikadze has opted to step back within the AiR. He will continue his service to the Ordo and the AiR, but feels more comfortable and effective doing so out of a managerial role.

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: Trinity Heckroth, the current head of AiR internal affairs, has been tapped as his replacement. Ms. Heckroth has a long history of service with the Ordo, most of which has seen here participating within the AiR. She will be a great replacement for Mr. Mikadze and help the AiR stay ahead in today’s community.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Congratulations Ms. Heckroth and thank you Mr. Mikadze for all of your services as Praefectus.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Next up . .

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: > Red Zone / Inviting Combat Zone

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: The region has received a great deal of positive feedback from our allies and foes alike. It . . . is reflected pretty heavily in how often we are attacked as of late! There is nothing as satisfying as logging on at 6 in the morning to see our night crew taking names on some military, heading to work, coming back at 6 at night to see our day crew . . taking names on some other military.

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: ou have achieved a really great rapport as an inviting, enjoyable combat zone. So kudos!

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: You, too.

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: Now let us keep that reputation! As such, please be sure to mind the red zone: the red “X” marks the spot. Furthermore, avoid utilizing the rooftops to suppress the doors.

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: The biggest issues that arise are limited to:

- Ordo members on the rooftops in direct view of the passage to the south.

- Ordo members parking tanks or turrets within view of the door.

It is important that we not only keep out of LOS of the doors, but that we definitely avoid placing massive ordnance right on those doors. Haha.

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: Any additional topics to touch on this evening?

[18:44] Maverick Garfield raises his hand

[18:44] Almighty Bracket (bracket.crowley) raises hand for real this time

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: Garfield of the Shotgun Land?

[18:44] Maverick Garfield: Thank you Sir well during some of the defense i've been on people are crowding way too much.

[18:45] Maverick Garfield: causeing a lot of friendly fire I just think people need to spread out a bit more

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: Noted and agreed!

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: Crowley?

[18:46] Jayce Iredell raises his hand.

[18:46] Nova Ansar Vesperia (fox.cheri) raises hir paw

[18:46] Almighty Bracket (bracket.crowley): I noticed that there's a new door in the spawn leading north, that many attackers shoot from, within the spawn

[18:46] Almighty Bracket (bracket.crowley): It's fine to shoot them back right?

[18:46] Almighty Bracket (bracket.crowley): because we had one guy literally stand there, everytime, shooting from there.

[18:46] Morh Giffen whispers: just got disconnected, was the subject of explosives in the red zone raised?

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: Use your better judgment. My general rule is .. tell them not to. If they continue, defend yourself.

[18:47] Disembodied Hand raises hand on that point

[18:47] Almighty Bracket (bracket.crowley): mkay, I just wanted to ask before anything happened from it :>

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: It is there for their protection.

[18:47] Hokusai Otsuka Ronmark (hokusai.otsuka) raises a hand on the same point.

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: Hand?

[18:47] Almighty Bracket (bracket.crowley): I usually just hang aorund the corner until they get the idea

[18:48] Disembodied Hand shouts: Generally speaking, if you can see him exiting the hub like that anyway your aim is to shoot at it, or put yourself in a situation where you have to. Its best to avoid LOS with the hubs immediate exits I think as much as possible.

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: Correct. Otsuka?

[18:48] Morh Giffen raises his hand

[18:49] Ethan Schuman raises his hand to stake claim to the last question slot.

[18:49] Nova Ansar Vesperia (fox.cheri) raises hir paw

[18:49] Hokusai Otsuka Ronmark (hokusai.otsuka): I was just mulling the idea of putting some extra cover for attackers in that new door area. Say a taco stand stretched out with crates for example. Just to block direct line of sight to that door.

[18:49] Ordo Sheppie (liam.macalroy) raises his paw "I have a question about the question of the question within the question..."

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: Hahah. Taco stand.

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: OKAY.

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: Back to other topics. Iredell?

[18:50] Jayce Iredell: Was just going to comment on the fact the north and south roads are direct lines of sight to the hub, and I was going to recommend moving the buildings and roads to correct it but thats probably a bit much....

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: Hmm .. yeah likely. Shield door wall thing maybe.

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: Cheri?

[18:51] Nova Ansar Vesperia (fox.cheri) shouts: I have noticed now, time after time, that defenses go on with tanks taking precedence where a bomber could have dealt with that issue faster than a tank. Instead, a choice of "PLaying with the fire" is chosen, even though it is talked about a lot, that Astra should have a bigger role in defenses. I am just wondering if that is still up for discussion or an actual topic of manifesto now?

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: Really, the OIC can decide on that.

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: I'm always in favor of calling up a bomber (ie: VIX, BOMB THAT ROOF).

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: But definitely, let's remember Astra is pretty useful to blow shit up (not whispered this time).

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: Uhhhr who else ..

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: Giffen?

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: Your last name makes me giggle for some reason. Giffen.

[18:53] Morh Giffen: Sir, would you please clarify what the situation is with Ordo explosives planted (not thrown ones) inside the red zone? There has been some confusion on the subject

[18:53] Morh Giffen: It's a "G", Sir. Gee

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: Oh, no. Do not plant explosives in red zone.

[18:53] Ashley Jade Wiles (blaze.wiles) raises paw

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: Schuman?

[18:54] Ethan Schuman: Nikki smells.

[18:55] Ethan Schuman: But on a serious note, I've noticed a lot of our troops mingling with Erebus casually. This is a good thing, and I'd like to encourage you all to continue doing so. Off the battlefield, we all are on the same side, seeking fun, and building intergroup friendships only helps that. Pretty much everyone in this community plays games outside SL. Military boundaries dissolve there for the most part, as our people team to kill (or troll) others. It's fun, and good for us. I don't know if Aryte will buy that you're playing Bad Company 2 "for the sake of diplomacy and intergroup relations," but it's worth a shot.

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: Yeah good luck on that.

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: Last one. Wiles?

[18:57] Ashley Jade Wiles (blaze.wiles): Can I ask what is our policy in regards to the placement of explosives in and on the objective points?

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: Feel free.

[18:57] Steeltael Lykin raises paw

[18:57] Ordo Sheppie (liam.macalroy): Poor steel :<

Meeting Closer

[18:58] Aryte Vesperia: All righty. There. Good meeting and dialog. Thank you all for attending. Promotions will be up in the morn', sure nuff.

[18:58] Aryte Vesperia: I will be leading a raid either tonight .. or probably tomorrow.

[18:58] Aryte Vesperia: So. Ya'll know what to do in the mean time.

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: Dismissed. Chop chop.

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia snaps his fist to his chest, presenting a brief salute.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Karlfeldt? :)

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: (Welcome back.)

[18:20] Markus Karlfeldt (mark.karlfeldt): When the fuck are you gonna do the Satan .44.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: .. when -- well.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Tsume just needs to change the bullets.

YOU SAID, AND I QUOTE

"I WANT TO SHOOT CARS OUT OF MY GUNS"

I actually need to also get the color changing thing and stuff in place, the working model you see was me getting bored and wanting a revolver.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.