Clicky

Krow Ames

Crysis 2

Crysis 2. I've been playing it. It's... I can't explain it. It's a million times better than the first, which was also awesome.

I bet if we could get a nano-suit avatar out with a few features from the game, we'd sell a ton. 1k a pop and we've got a pretty lucrative stream of income. I, for one, would love to have a nanosuit in SL. There is one already, but it's a horrible looking build. Very bad.

Mesh has been long overdue, and it seems to be in a state of perpetual flux. They've been 'working out the small details' for months, and presumably it is IP protection that's holding it back at this time, thanks to some beta participants trying to see how many game assets they could rip. :/

I think I'll be picking it up today or tomorrow. Crysis 2 stuff may be a decent idea as it's a new hyped game. Problem I for-see is a potentially severe drop in sales in a few months when the hype is over, a common occurrence in these situations.

As with any IP related material, we'd want to make sure we introduce enough minor variations between any products we make and the actual weapons or what have you we're imitating to make it clear we've not ripped anything straight out of the game.

If you want to be legalistic, you can add the by-line "As seen in <INSERT GAME>" or "Compare to the <WEAPON> in <GAME>".

The weapons in the game are purely fictional, and in themselves variations of real life weapons. I see no reason to recreate the weapons from the game. The big draw is the nanosuit. Get a hud with some features built in, custom AO for it... Awww yeah. Like a super jump, speed boost, or any other shit you guys can think of. Cloaking. Yeah... That'd be the shit. I'd even record voice for the hud. Or get Arokh to make a few voice clips, like "Cloak Engaged." Or "Maximum speed." Shit would be so cash. I'd be willing to do voice acting for anything Titan makes, btw, should it require it. I'm not always batman sounding.