Clicky

Hakuen Silverstar

21MAY11 Weekly Meeting

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia shouts: Meeting start. As a reminder: all questions, comments (etc) are to be held until given the opportunity to speak. When that opportunity is provided, be sure to raise your hands. Failure to do so may result in dismissal from the meeting.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics

Members: 323

Cadets: 8

Applications

New: 9

Accepted:2

Denied: 1

S. Review: 3

E. Review: 3

Combat

Defensive: 109

Offensive: 21

Allied Assist: 1

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic notes: notable increase of activity across the community. Seen several joint operations and joint defenses with our friendly groups—both Mercz and EE. All in all, looking to be a good summer. Really excited to see how things progress going forward. We have found a couple conglomerates that have the numbers to give challenge beyond basic raid team size. So yay for that!

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

[18:02] Nikki4 Aquitaine: o/

[18:02] Hollowmengitus Yifu raises hand.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Yifu.

[18:02] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: From Burrwolf for Antesignani: A2 had a great week of training. Culminating in a major fight at CATI’s new sim “Village.” Was an outstanding fight and highly suggest all personal check out their new build. More training and raiding to follow.

[18:03] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: From Afevis for Insidiae: This week, Executive officer Afevis Sodertelge stepped up as acting CO to watch over the squad in Krow's absense, and we are looking forward to welcoming Krow back upon his return. Activity has also seen a small rise this week, and in addition there are a few spots in Insidiae that are still looking to be filled. For any inquiries about how to join Insidiae, please send an IM to Afevis Sodertelge or Krow Ames. That is all for this week, You stay classy, San Diego.

[18:03] Hollowmengitus Yifu: Prepare for Eriksson's pasta. It's a large bowl of it.

[18:03] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: From Eriksson for Invictus: Another week of some major ass-kicking dealt out to many, but mainly one military in specific that was headed by Invictus! Operation Valkyrie was started late last week and has been ongoing until recent. Invictus headed an operation against the Republic of Germany (RoG) or otherwise known as Deutsches Kaiserreich Reich (DKR). As many of you might have seen whilst raiding there, they had a poster which was visible with very bad taste and was directed towards the Imperator. Now, the main motive and goal of this Operation Valkyrie was to have that poster removed -- by force. With raids deploying every day to RoG to pummel them a smack-down, some even lasting multiple hours until they begged us to leave, we finally got the message across and the poster was finally removed from their sim. Thus, the operation was extremely victorious! So major Kudos to all of the participants on that! Now, back onto the main report: Activity has obviously been booming in Invictus per the normal. Our rec

[18:03] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: ruitment is going a little bit slowly, but rest assured we are trying to get through the literally massive list as fast as we can. We do have two(2) vacancies, so we are being a little picky in filling them. That being said, if you'd like your name added to our scouting list then by all means let the CO and XO, Eriksson Foxtrot and Stirn Aurotharius respectively, know! That concludes the Invictus report for this week. Thank you!

[18:04] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: From for Cohors B: Pr0wer Miles: This week has a bit slower than usual, most people are getting close to finals and activity has taken a slight hit. The upside is that if you find yourself in the craving of doing training you are always free to tag along fellow centuries with open arms or gather a few guys together and spar in the killhouse. Century COs' expect to have a meeting sometime either today or tomorrow and be ready to have an open think tank afterwards.

[18:04] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: That's all from Terra.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Great. Thank you. Ms. Aquitaine?

[18:05] Nikki4 Aquitaine shouts: Lots of raid and defense activity this week, the Grand Federation seem to be making a large appearance in the air with their fleet ships, allowing Astra to be used to it's full potential. So far the results of these massive air battles have been astounding. In one such instance a 1000hp fleet ship was utilized against us -- it failed, as it was stricken to the ground. (:D) We opted to raid instead of the usual grand melee this week but we will be hosting at least one sometime next week. As a reminder, feel free to bring your friends to any grand melee event, everyone is welcome.

[18:05] Nikki4 Aquitaine shouts: Our elite unit, Letalis, is still on track for being up and ready by the end of the month. Details on the unit will soon be posted on the forum. As mentioned last week; we are still looking for members. I will be watching raid/defense/training activity over the next few weeks to make reccomendations. If you're interested in becoming a member be sure to take part in these activities as much as possible.

[18:05] Nikki4 Aquitaine shouts: On a final note, Palaestra is still undergoing some redevelopment. Our new course continues to be refined and we are focusing on getting our pilots trained in the fine art of bombing. In addition to that, Palaestra will be organising some air-ground joint training in the future. That's all from Astra.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Excellent. Thank you. That fleet ship cracked me up.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Any additional reports today?

[18:07] Kyra Vixen raises her paw.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Vixen?

[18:07] Kyra Vixen: From Corsi for Tactica:

"BIG big week this week for Tactica. Lets start with base openings. BSM has finished a rebuild after complaints about client side lag in the former largely sculpted build. Cati is in a new full sim named Village and has been working on custom weapons for the group which is a nice long way to come from year and a half ago in Cati Combat. The sim should be a nice challenge for us indeed. And also if you may remember the group the Alliance Navy. They have reopened for combat as well shockingly enough so raid leaders have a great deal more places to head out to. Last but not least, Delta Force has gone through a rebuild this week with some nice changes for a different feel to the place.

Board changes: Order of Light has moved from Officer to Praepositus on orders from the Office of the Imperator, Delta Force has changed from Praepositus to NCO due to the base changes. Also with now six Praepositus targets, seven Officer targets and only four NCO targets we will be taking some time to re-

[18:07] Kyra Vixen: evaluate target levels this weekend to spread things out a bit more.

Roster Changes: Huttser Ishelwood has stepped back from Adjutant to concentrate on Cohors A more and dedicate himself to bettering the group from a more focused standpoint. Huttser has been my right hand husky since I took command of Tactica and dedicated himself a great deal to help make Tactica what it is today. Now he can do the same for Cohors A so Congrats and thanks to Huttser. Zerowinged Vasiliev has also stepped back from his role as Tactica's attached Praetorian and we will be finding (See Reference for Kidnapping) another Guardsman soon.

Reports On File: Yes BIG week this week. Three reports are on file this week adding 2142, colonial Defense Foundation, and CATI all finished this week leaving only MBC unassigned. That's all for Tactica this week."

Additionally, after Corsi created the above report, the DKR and MBC reports were completed. This concludes the Tactica report for this week.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Awesome. Thank you.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Any last reports?

[18:09] Tsume Xiao Raises hand

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Xiao?

[18:10] Tsume Xiao: Verutum now has Animations, Arcus still needs better sounds, but I have a back up ready incase I cant get some for it by a given time. So look out for both of them.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: All right. Moving along. Lots to touch on this evening.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: I. Development

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: New Adjudicator model is modeled. Awaiting textures. After which, Disembodied is starting on a “secret project” for the Ordo. It will be really hard to keep a secret, however. You figure it out.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: 120mm Mortar scripts laid out by Acheron Gloom—great functionality and options, like the ability to “save” points and snap-shot back to them. This will give our mortar teams a good edge in area denial, target acquisition, and lethality. Additionally, Aegis power armor scripts in testing. The Aegis has a battle trial last night versus BSM—as I am told, it performed very well.

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: AS TSUME MAY HAVE SAID: Arcus and Verutum basically completed as well. The Verutum just needed a hold animation and we secured one for it last night. Arcus is just waiting on final sound decisions for the firing and reload. Lastly, the combination jetpack (I am wearing it) is complete. Mercury’s back end has been updated, allowing us to make it a “tier” item—as such, it will be necessary to unlock both the jetpack and boostback before gaining access to it. There will be a version sold through Nikki’s company, however it will have distinct marking differences and will not be permitted to be used unless this pack is unlocked first.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: II. Jurisdiction of Control Clarifications

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: I have a rough draft written up as to “jurisdiction” in the matter of who is responsible for whom in various scenarios. This should dramatically help out confusion in the command levels when it comes to cross-division memberships and when someone falls under a specific tree of control. Essentially, after reading it, it should be easy to answer “Who falls under who? What tier of command is responsible for whom? Is there a joint responsibility of punishment in certain scenarios? Who is responsible for an individual’s PRF if in multiple divisions? And which divisions are primary/secondary/etc?”

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: In short: Terra and Astra are “primary” divisions, with IEA, IAC, Tactica (etc) all being “secondary” divisions. I’ll outline it in detail, but in a nutshell, the primary division takes responsibility for most functions—so if Milites Bob gets in trouble, it’s his primary division’s job to dictate punishment and how it effects their involvement in secondary divisions.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: To even further complicate things, membership in units like Curia or the AiR place folks in a “special” category, in which the special division essentially usurps other levels of authority—so if someone is in Terra and Curia, and does somethin’ silly, it is mostly Curia’s area of jurisdiction, due to the individual’s membership in Curia.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: Don’t chew on it too much—it will be in the policy area of the forums here in the near future with a lot more clarity.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: III. Inactivity / Rank Erosion

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: It was discussed some months ago that we’d be exploring “rank erosion” for inactives, while working out a more fair way to handle inactive purges—currently, we kind of arbitrarily look up who hasn’t logged on or been on base and cull the top ten to keep the Ordo close to 300 members. However, under the rank erosion mandate, things will be a bit more scientific.

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: Now, keep in mind erosion of rank will only apply to unannounced absence—so if you have to go inactive for three months to go .. . adventure to Mordor or something, just be sure it’s announced. It’s as easy as that.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Tentatively, erosion is going to look something like this (it is not in stone—times may change):

O-5 to O-1 erodes to E-7 after 3 months of inactivity; E-8 to E-4 erodes to E-3 after 3 months; E-3 to E-2 erodes to E-1 after 3 months. Inactive purge will consist of E-1’s who haven’t participated in thirty days, until which time the Ordo reaches a good 70% activity rate of membership. At which time, we’ll permit the group to grow beyond 300.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Now, that basically gives a lot of breathing room for folks—if you’re an officer, you get like, what, 9 months until ejection. I find it fair, so as to give people a chance to change their mind before losing everything. It takes time and effort to move up, so it’s reasonable to give people an equal amount of time to go in the opposite direction.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Let’s say, hypothetically speaking . . . E-7 Bob goes inactive for 3 months and comes back on his 4th month. Does he get to reclaim E-7, or is he stuck as an E-3? He’d be stuck as an E-3 until he could demonstrate the ability to remain active.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Questions thus far?

[18:26] Mark Karlfeldt raises hand

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Roazenstrauch?

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: His question:

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: [18:27] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: How does the rank erosion layout apply to Praetorians, what with the separate rank structure and all?

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: Praetorians would classify as officers.

[18:28] Hollowmengitus Yifu raises hand

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: MR. Yifu?

[18:29] Hollowmengitus Yifu: Does this apply to personnel that have gone inactive already?

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Sure does.

[18:29] Hollowmengitus Yifu: Okay then, thank you.

[18:29] Ratchet Exonar raises paw

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Exonar?

[18:31] Ratchet Exonar: say some one goes inactive for about 2 and haft months, and they come back for two days, does their time get reset or do they keep the same amount of time?

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: It would depend upon the scenario.

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: Case by case.

[18:32] Ratchet Exonar: alright

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: Excellent. Movin' along.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: IV. Specializations

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: As we mentioned a couple weeks ago, I’ve been chewing on the idea of specializations/load outs (etc). If you think about it, the average Ordo soldier has a determinate amount of “gear” slots—helm, primary weapon, secondary weapon, back pack, and com HUD. So that gives us five active “slots” to work with per load out. Active slots being gear that actually does something other than look pretty.

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: Inactive slots would be shoulders, boots . . . things like that. Eventually, I’d like to see the armory set up into categories and tiers—so folks would, in theory, be able to go in and select a secondary, primary, etc, etc. And for specials, like awards, potentially add in unique shoulders or other marks of honor.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: The “helm” slot is the only one that is sort of misleading—helmets are typically an inactive item. We could, however, devise plenty of “helm” like active items, or, rename it and classify it for special weapons like the Verutum—which are, for all intensive purposes, a very powerful secondary weapon.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: The idea is still rather fresh, but it is quickly becoming a prominent thought for me. I really think we could have a lot of fun with it, and, dramatically change how we handle our armory while giving folks definitive guidelines to go by with how much equipment should be attached/in use.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: Excellent.

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: I do believe Rykiana has something to add.

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: Rykiana?

[18:40] Rykiana Ferina shouts: thank you sir

[18:41] Rykiana Ferina shouts: Some of you may have seen a thread on the Ordo forums entitled "Something....." that had many small fuzzy distorted images. What most of you wont know is this is a prelude to an up coming project that is being developed by myself and Kishoshima Dragonash

[18:41] Rykiana Ferina shouts: . Its a project that will tell a new Story for the Ordo and will stretch across three popular games.

[18:42] Rykiana Ferina shouts: The initial phase of this project will be starting very shortly

[18:42] Rykiana Ferina shouts: At this time i would like to ask for any volunteers who have skills in 3D design, Texture Work, Sound Engineering, Animations and some working knowledge of the Valve SDK's to assist in this project.

[18:42] Rykiana Ferina shouts: If you feel you can contribute please get in contact with me after the meeting for more information.

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: Excellente. :]

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: All righty. Very good week, you all. Solid interactions and raid activity. My kudos. ART session tomorrow at 5. Be theeere~ otherwise, let's get some raids out this evening. I'll be off for a bit, I am off for dinner and PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN~

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: However, I'll be back afterwards.

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: Now. Before we break. I want to give kudos to the Praetorian initiates. They had their induction earlier today and instatement as full Guard. So congratulations to them.

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: All righty. Have a good night. Sim will be open shortly. Go kick some ass.

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: Dismissed.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.