Clicky

Hakuen Silverstar

28MAY11 Weekly Ordo Imperialis Meeting

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia shouts: Meeting start. As a reminder: all questions, comments (etc) are to be held until given the opportunity to speak. When that opportunity is provided, be sure to raise your hands. Failure to do so may result in dismissal from the meeting.

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics

Members: 327

Cadets: 9

Applications

New: 20

Accepted: 5

Denied: 9

S. Review: 4

E. Review: 2

Combat

Defensive: 111

Offensive: 21

Allied Assist: 0

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic notes: no major changes to announce. Several joint raids with EE this week. More than likely will continue with that. Otherwise, activity increasing across the board. Ordo application intake up significantly from last couple of weeks, as is activity. Will be putting increased focus on raid activity over the coming weeks, to ensure bread-and-butter of daily interactions upheld. Kudos to everyone who has been pushing; we hit our 3 a day goal last week on average. As a side note, apparently Grand Federation suffered an attempted coup. GF is rebuilding as a result.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

[18:02] Ethan Schuman raises his hand for Astra.

[18:02] Hollowmengitus Yifu raises hand for Terra.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Schuman for Astra?

[18:02] Ethan Schuman: For those who are interested, Vegas was great. =p Astra's strength continues to grow. Every day, more interested individuals step forward and are brought into the fold. The new blood has greatly invigorated our ranks, causing activity to increase. This week has been somewhat quiet, but that's going to change dramatically over the next couple days. Sebris and Xoza have been hard at work with Palaestra, and have developed a few more exercises to make sure our pilots continue to improve their skills off the battlefield, as well as raise new ones to the high standards we have for Astra. Our two flights, Aquila and Reapers, are increasing in size with the influx of new pilots. Letalis may have taken longer to develop than I originally had hoped, but after reviewing what Scarlet and Acheron have created, I can say without a doubt that it was more than worth the wait. Finishing touches will be put on tonight, with initial selection process beginning tomorrow. For the time being, Letalis will be a task force, with members remaining in their original position. At our current rate of growth, dedicated unit status isn't very far off.

[18:02] Ethan Schuman: For those who aren't familiar with Letalis (which is probably most of you), Letalis is an elite air cavalry commando unit that has the purpose of rapidly deploying to secure foward positions to allow ground assets to advance. In addition to all members being highly skilled infantry fighters and medics, Letalis members will first and foremost be elite Liberator dropship pilots. Letalis pilots will also have access to an advanced version of the Liberator, which includes features that I had intended to put in the original, such as rappel ropes, to increase survivability of infantry when they disembark, and the ability to look around instead of having a fixed forward view. With the recent restructuring of Cohors A in Terra, the mission role of Letalis will compliment that of our ground forces during assaults, allowing us to bring even more power to the fight.

[18:03] Ethan Schuman: Now, I'd like to take a moment to recognize, well, ALL of Astra, for their exceptional performance in my absence. Nikki, even though she smells =p, really held down the fort. Rei and Disembodied kept the machine running, Scarlet and Acheron made sure I had a charter for a new elite unit on my desk for me to read the moment I got back, and Ookami took it upon himself to terrorize the homes of many other militaries. Sebris and Palaestra kept the training queue flowing, and Xoza had even more things to make me go, "Oooooh." Finally, the flight leaders, and all pilots, down to the last, kept their activity up and their participation high. For this, I thank you all. Those of you who know me know that public commendations from me are exceptionally rare, and that it takes a lot to earn one, but I would like to commend each and every member of Astra for their outstanding efforts during this time. You have made me very proud, and I'll make sure to show so with more than just words.

[18:03] Ethan Schuman salutes.

[18:03] Ethan Schuman: Finally, because of his intensive raid activity and the increasing degree to which his ambition has been limited by his rank authority, Ookamiwulf Lemton is hereby promoted to the rank of Praepositus. Everyone congratulate him.

[18:03] Ethan Schuman: That's all from the flyboys (and girls) this week.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Yifu for Terra?

[18:05] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: From Burrwolf for Antesignani: A2 Had a slow week due to recent changes inside the squad as well as preping for the new ones.

[18:05] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: From Afevis for Insidiae: Yet another slow week in Insidiae, nothing else to report. There are still some open slots, so feel free to message either Afevis Sodertelge or Krow Ames. Please note that the Terra reform in the next two weeks will probably effect the recruiting, so sorry if we take a little to get back to you.

[18:06] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: From Eriksson for invictus: This week Invictus has been quieter than the norm, but this will be easily remedied after the Cohors A revamp when people have finished shifting around in the roster line up. Recruitment procedures have been put to a small halt as we wait for the revamp to go into effect, but after then we’ll see how many slots we have to induct some new faces in! Otherwise, I think this was the first short report I’ve ever written!

[18:06] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: From Thatguy for Cohors B: Going to be going through a few changes here. B-III will be dropped as a Century, members will be evaluated and spoken to as to where they will be going (B-I or B-II). If you have not read the new Terra-related changes, I urge you to do so. On another note, activity is steady and at its usual. Be sure you're keeping up to date on the forums and your groups to be sure what's going on with your Century! :D

[18:06] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: That's all for Terra.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Any additional reports?

[18:08] Kyra Vixen raises a paw.

[18:08] Keller Teichmann raises a hand.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Vixen.

[18:09] Kyra Vixen shouts: Good evening, everyone. Tactica's had a change in the command structure, with the events of last week, leaving me, Kyra Vixen, as CO of Tactica. Praetorian Guardsman Afevis Sodertelge has elected to fill our Attached Praetorian slot, and as such has been transferred from the primary roster, leaving us with a few slots vacant. One new item this week, ICore Forces in the region of Altair, led by Guras Hammand and Arvid Sittingbull; thanks Afevis for the tip! Their region was locked upon last check, so they might be rebuilding. They will be monitored as time passes. Additionally, it seems Russian Armed Forces has shut its doors, and I will be taking their folder down shortly.

If you would like to apply for a position in Tactica, please check out the thread in the forum for the application post. It's under Tactica, you can't miss it. This concludes Tactica's report for this week.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Guardsman Keller?

[18:10] Keller Teichmann shouts: As folks are aware, Cohors A has started preparing for a major restructuring to take place in early June, reorganizing it into five units, and establishing rigid guidelines for enlistment and service in these new squads. There's a pair of notices in the Terra group about these changes, and a topic on the forums for viewing. As we near the start date, things will gradually build up until all five units are officially activated!

As another reminder, the application form will be sent out after the meeting, and can be handed in to Keller Teichmann to get your name on the list! As another reminder - again - make sure you get on as many raids as you can, as this will help boost your chances of being accepted into an A unit (and those already in will also need to be active to maintain their positions).

[18:10] Keller Teichmann shouts: Lastly - and I know I'm probably stealing a bit of Aryte's thunder here - gear will also be changed in terms of availability. It's entirely possible that some current and 'legacy' Alpha gear may be added to lockers as purchasable gear for general use!

[18:11] Keller Teichmann: That is all.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Final call for reports.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Moving on:

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: > Development

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: A couple things to note. XR-5 released and available within the lockers. There is a commercial variant that is sold through Forge, Nikki’s company. Be sure it is understood that only the unlocked version may be utilized.

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: Aegis, Arcus, Verutum: not certain on status of these. The latter two of the three should be about ready for release, pending feedback from beta review. Otherwise, Adjudicator model is shaping up and nearly completed. The Adjudicator will be a more compact weapon in its new rendition, rather than a ridiculously large rifle thing.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: > Terra Restructure Pending

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: For those of you who have been paying attention to the forums over the last couple of days, this does not come as a surprise. As of June 8th, Terra will be undergoing a realignment project, in which we will be adjusting the overall structure of the organization. After the shift, the structure will be as follows:

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: Cohors Alpha

Century I -- Century II -- Century III -- Century IV -- Century V

|

Cohors Bravo

Century I -- Century II

|

Cohors Charlie

Century I

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: In a nutshell, Cohors Alpha unit numbers is expanding, while Cohors Bravo's unit number is decreasing. We will be putting focus on elevating our combat active elements into the Alpha level, centralizing Terra’s primary power within individual units. Prior to this, it had become common that Cohors Alpha lacked the spaces to accommodate the sheer manpower, resulting in strong combatants dispersed throughout Cohors Bravo.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: By having personnel dispersed through Cohors Bravo, each unit was forced to undertake a filter and training role, while simultaneously attempting to house non-combat actives. In short, there was a lack of cohesion among Bravo units, as combat active personnel most commonly sought elevation, while non-combat personnel were given a disservice by not really having a focused unit to associate with.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: The realignment will fix all of the aforementioned: Cohors Alpha will have the necessary manpower slots, with a diverse range of units to choose from. In addition, Cohors Bravo will be tailored to a more effective operation—Cohors Bravo, Century 1 will be explicitly a training/filter unit, providing aggressive assistance to new members, ensuring they receive all the resources required to either elevate to Alpha or transition elsewhere. Cohors Bravo, Century 2 will be for active members who aren’t necessarily “combat active;” this will provide the more administrative oriented folks a consistent, regimented unit to call home.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: As I posted on the forums: Where do you fit in? Where do you /want/ to fit in? Are you a combat active individual who wants to be involved in routine, close knit battle groups? Cohors Alpha. Are you new to Terra and are still feeling out your place, training, taking courses, etc? Cohors Bravo, Century 1. Are you active, but having regimented, routine raids really isn't your thing? Are you primary focused on building, admin, teaching (so on and so forth)? Cohors B, Century 2. Are you a "from time to time" member, who likes to pop in every so often to get some fun, but spend the majority of your time elsewhere? Cohors Charlie.

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: To be certain you are not randomly filtered into a unit, be sure to read and follow the instructions provided within the top post of this thread: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/13280-cohors-a-restructure/

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Failing that, if you're looking for Cohors Alpha. Bug Keller.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: > Miscellaneous Policy Updates

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Over the week, I have been adjusting policy threads to reflect changes, while adding some new stuff to gander over. Notably, be sure to take a look at the Terra thread—especially if you’re Cohors Alpha leadership or a member of Cohors Alpha. http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/9396-ordo-policy-division-terra-25may11/

[18:25] Steeltael Lykin raises paw.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Otherwise, some defining has been done regarding separation of control, so as to ensure clarity on who has jurisdiction over whom when it comes to matters of dual enlistment in our various units: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/13312-notice-informational-jurisdiction-of-control/

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Annnd lastly, the inactivity/rank erosion policy is up. We’ve already began deploying it, compliments of Hollowmengitus Yifu’s excitement. http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/13309-ordo-special-provision-inactivity-rank-erosion-26may11/

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Steeltael?

[18:27] Steeltael Lykin shouts: How will the command elements of each new squad be sourced? Will open positions be posted for staffing and application? Or will all positions be filled via command level decision minus application of interested parties?

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: Existing staff positions will be honored first. Any vacancies thereafter will be posted.

[18:29] Steeltael Lykin shouts: In which case, The CO of Forexample, B-3 would be given a command position in the new Cohor's A?

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Don't let the unit #'s confuse you. They're only there for the sake of keeping the old names.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Current B1 leader could be leading B2 now.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Or vice versa.

[18:29] Jeffery Worbridge raises hand.

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: Worbridge?

[18:30] Jeffery Worbridge shouts: When will Commanding Officers be notified of their change in century/cohors.

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: Within the next couple of days. We'll give you at least five days notice.

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Any other questions?

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: Moving along:

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: > OIC

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: As a reminder, please be certain that we do maintain a constant OIC presence on Titan. It is of the utmost importance that there are not gaps. It may not seem like a big deal when it’s 3 AM, but, you never know when a sea of angry villagers will flood into the spawn. Simply having someone responsible, taking accountability for troop management and giving orders to defense can make all the difference.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: As a reminder, please be certain that we do maintain a constant OIC presence on Titan. It is of the utmost importance that there are not gaps. It may not seem like a big deal when it’s 3 AM, but, you never know when a sea of angry villagers will flood into the spawn. Simply having someone responsible, taking accountability for troop management and giving orders to defense can make all the difference.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: FF

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: Additionally, there has been mention that there is general reluctance at times to take OIC because you can get “stuck” with it. Two things: first, if several people are reluctant out of fear to get “stuck” with it, that’s several people less likely to take OIC, thus making the sense of being “stuck” with it even more extreme. Secondly: if you have to go, you have to go. Simply announce it, give a few moments for people to arrange, and then bow out. If an officer (or officers) are present. IM them personally and notify them you are relinquishing it. It is their responsibility to ensure it is passed.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: THERE.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: [18:34] Ryu Peng: It is so goddamn important, you said it twice. :o

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: Exactly.

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: > Day Off: Monday the 30th

[18:36] Krow Ames shouts: o/

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: For those of you new(er): we take one day out of the month to spend time simply goofing off. Just so happens this day is also a holiday in Amercia. So. Monday the 30th will be our leisure day. Casual dress will be approved. Administrative functions will continue. However we'll spend most of the day doing fun stuff-- random musket nonsense, game day, etc, etc.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Krow?

[18:38] Krow Ames shouts: I can get Agess to come play his piano for us if he's allowed in the sim on monday. If you want.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: OO. yes.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Definitely!

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Ask what's a good time for him, I'll make sure everyone's aware.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Thanks. :D

[18:38] Krow Ames shouts: You got it. I'll keep you informed.

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: All righty. Promotions will be up in the morning. Feel free to send in additional recommendations until midnight. I will be off for an hour or so. Going to go grab dinner. GO get some raids on!

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: Dismissed.

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia snaps his fist to his chest, presenting a brief salute.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.