Clicky

Hakuen Silverstar

11JUN11 Weekly Ordo Imperialis Meeting

[17:59] Aryte Vesperia shouts: Meeting start. As a reminder: all questions, comments (etc) are to be held until given the opportunity to speak. When that opportunity is provided, be sure to raise your hands. Failure to do so may result in dismissal from the meeting.

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics

Members: 318 (Inac Purge 06/06/11)

Cadets: 8

Applications

New: 8

Accepted: 1

Denied: 2

Review: 5

Combat

Defensive: 113

Offensive: 19

Allied Assist: 0

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic notes: all is quiet on the western front; status quo. Combat activity remains solid. TAC lost a member: ARK resigned after disagreements with CS. In other news, CS did indeed reopen and has had . . . a rough start. By rough, we mean we are not even sure why CS bothered reopening at this point. However, all the more power to them! We wish them luck. As a side note, Grand Federation and . . Steel Angels (I believe?) both have approached us for alliances. I extended our thanks for the gesture and assured them we would pursue amicable, friendly standards, in addition to supporting them when in need, but would like to continue combat.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

[18:01] Hollowmengitus Yifu raises hand for Terra.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Yifu, Ambassador of Azeroth?

[18:02] Hollowmengitus Yifu: Hate train.

[18:02] Hollowmengitus Yifu: For Invictus: This week has certainly been different after the Cohors A revamp, but a good different! I'd personally like to welcome each and every new member of Cohor A and wish each of you a healthy and prosperous career! For Invictus, we were fortunate to receive two new guys -- and with that I would like to welcome Dempster Duncker and Shizzerk Kostolany, I really look forward to working with you both on the field in the near future! Aside from that, all squad trainings and raids will likely begin next week on June 13th to both serve as a little bit of an orientation to those new and as well as a time to get to know everyone a bit more. That's all from Invictus for this week!

[18:03] Hollowmengitus Yifu: Evalidus: Evalidus is getting off to a good start coming out of the Terra reform. All of the oaths/expectations statements have been administered and we are looking to begining squad activies in there full form next week. Stay tuned for further news!

[18:04] Hollowmengitus Yifu: Insidiae.. is short!

[18:04] Hollowmengitus Yifu: Insidiae has cookies, plz join. :[

[18:04] Hollowmengitus Yifu: Praescius: Good evening, everyone. With the Terra restructure that occurred on the eighth of June, Praescius was created. The primary purpose for this Century is to be an all-around, and medic unit. For those who look at the group description of Praescius, you will find the Latin phrase, "Utrinque paratus, studiose acquiro victoria quantumcumque aut minimus. Nunquam trado." Very loosely translated, it means "Ready for anything, eagerly acquire victory however great or small. Never surrender." As evidenced by anyone who has been on a raid, or even just set out to do a task, anything can be accomplished if one puts their mind to it.

To close for this week, if anyone has any questions, please contact Kyra Vixen, Commanding Officer of Praescius at any time, and I will be more than happy to help.

[18:05] Hollowmengitus Yifu: Saevitas: This week has marked the first week of Saevitas' formation. Preparation has already begun on a handbook and several training courses for A-5, which will focus on extreme CQC and room to room skirmishes. Both of which should be finished in two or three days.

[18:06] Hollowmengitus Yifu: That's all from Terra this week. Back to you, Ambassador of Rift.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Of Sanctum, to be exact. Sanctum.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: And it's LORD, thank you.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Schuman?

[18:07] Mercury: New contact: Aerus Garnet

[18:07] Ethan Schuman: Not even gonna wait for me to raise my hand? I see how it is. :(

[18:07] Ethan Schuman shouts: Astra's been mostly quiet this week. We've seen more than a handful of combined deployments on both the defensive and offensive front, with our air force providing support against the AN's naval assets, as well as transport, during an intense battle (that we prevailed in) provoked by two members of the Alliance Navy coming to troll our members. The Liberator continues to show its strength on the battlefield, and made a huge difference in that fight. An RCU attack last night saw us fighting against their extremely agile aircraft, which was a challenge. Officially, though, we haven't had any dedicated Astra activities like Grand Melees. This will not be the case this coming week, as all unit leads have been tasked with running at least one event. These may range from, but are not limited to, Grand Melees, air raids, trainings, and joint activities. Membership continues to increase, and with it, our training. Palaestra has been getting people trained very quickly, and thus our number of combat ready pilot grows

[18:07] Ethan Schuman shouts: . Welcome to our new members. Our elite unit, Letalis, is within immediate launch. Scarlet has selected his candidates and I will be issuing final approval tonight or tomorrow, with unit activity beginning Monday or Tuesday.

[18:07] Ethan Schuman shouts: The last thing that I have to mention is that Drasamax has decided to step back from her position as Aquila CO. She has done so in order to allow her to focus on her 374097309473095835 other Ordo duties, as well as allow some younger members a chance to move up the chain. Xoza Tyron has been chosen to replace her, and Fox will be choosing his new XO in short order.

[18:07] Ethan Schuman shouts: That's all from us.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Any additional reports?

[18:08] Kyra Vixen raises a paw.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Vixen.

[18:08] Kyra Vixen shouts: It's been a relatively active week in Tactica this week. A new military, Vaelkyr, has popped up in the region of Greylyn Forest, and has been placed, for the moment, as a Praepositus target. It will likely be lowered down to NCO after a while. Exercito Brasiliero has resurfaced, and has also been set to Praepositus. Their region is 'Game On': seriously. ICore Forces has also officially opened, in the region of Altair. Their information is in the Tactica folders, as per usual.

Aboryum has been dropped from the Tactica radar, as their leader stopped paying for the region, as "[they] never got attacked", per the words of their leader. Silver Hawks, as evidenced by the group notices if you are a member of their spawn group, was in the process of rebuilding until Thursday the ninth. Despite the region itself not having been officially announced prior, some basic intelligence gathering backed by good old-fashioned visiting revealed that their new, full region is named 'Make It R3IGN'. As of the ninth, however, the region is fully open, and attackable. In other news, ARK has left the Anvil Coalition.

We still have some slots open, so if you would like to apply to visit exotic locations, and take notes on the indigineous tribes of wonderous lands, please contact your local Tactica Travel Agents, Kyra Vixen or Acheron Gloom, or simply visit the application thread in the Tactica forum! This concludes the Tactica report for this week.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Hahah. Thank you, Kyra!

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Any additional reports?

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Ok. Movin' right along.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: > Development

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: First thing first: Adjudicator model has been redone and is rezzed in front of me for everyone’s viewing pleasure. No scripting or animation has started on the project, however now that I have settled back in after my trip, I will see to it. The general weaponry style (firing wise) may change. The current system is fairly neat, but in reality it essentially is a semi-automatic assault rifle with an underslung that shares an ammunition counter. Perhaps it is cool enough to keep, perhaps not. Time will tell.

[18:11] Kurama Bingyi will not comment that it's the standard assault rifle from Section 8 >_>

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia points at Disembodied.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: The Pilum/SRAW and Subjugator have all been replaced. The Pilum/SRAW have been combined and remodeled in the Verutum—it’s a disposable platform. So essentially you fire it, drop the tube, and wait for the recharge before “drawing” a new one. Handy, fun weapon. The Subjugator has been replaced by the Arcus. Nothing too extravagantly different: it’s a heavy automatic weapon, just a bit more pretty than the old one.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: The Aegis power armor is still in progress. As I understand the issues with the camera locking has been overcome. The finishing touches are being added now. We are essentially in the determination phase as to what additional “special” attacks the Aegis will have. Like a melee AOE or something to that effect. All in all, it’s getting there.

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: The replacement HUD was the major topic at today’s Munitorum meeting: communications portions are complete. What we're waiting on is the replacement models for the barricade, grenades, so on and so forth. Deadline for a working model is June 25th.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: > Personnel Numbers / Percentages / Etc

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: For the sake of amusement, and, well, to clarify how we do appointments for officers, I want to show you all the basic distribution idea on how our personnel are spread out. Foremost:

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: Officers – 15% / Actual: 11%

At any given time, we should really have no more than 15% of the group in the administration. This includes Praetorians. Currently, we have abooout 11% (10.6% to be exact). So we’re well within that range. 10% is a good medium: just enough staffing, but not too much that there is dead weight. However, that definitely leaves room for further appointments as we develop our infrastructure further.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: NCOs – 35% / Actual: 37%

The NCO bracket is a bit higher than our slated goal, but that will even out pretty quickly as rank erosion for inactives sets in. 37% isn’t terribly overburdened. It’s not unexpected that we are fairly heavy in the NCO bracket: a lot of our active, combat elites fall into this field.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: Numerii - 50% / Actual: 52%

And lastly, the Numerii percentage is also pretty close to our intended goal. It will, however, definitely be a bit higher as the numbers shift. Inactive purges should keep it faaaairly close to 50%.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: What does this all mean? Nothing major in particular. I just felt it informative and interesting to show everyone our distribution plan and how it is actually working. For those of you in NCO looking to officer? There’s still space, contrary to popular belief.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: Questions before we move on?

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Movin' on.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: > TS3 (> TS3)

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: Over the last couple of weeks we have been playing with TeamSpeak 3 as an alternative voice platform. I was one of the many folks going “naaaay! Ventrilo is the one true king.” And then I tried TS3. To be blunt, it is pretty awesome. Now, we haven’t made a decision in finality, and we will certainly keep examining the details to ensure stability. If it starts to look pretty promising that TS3 will take over, a vote will be taken to simply garner folk’s feelings for Ventrilo and TS3.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: As a side note, Ventrilo is currently our primary platform and should be utilized during anything that really requires coordinated defense effort. There have been several raids hosted on TS3—that is fine, but be sure you keep a connection to Ventrilo, so that you are able to be reached by the OIC in the event the raid is needed to withdraw for other purposes.

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: Next up:

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: > Terra Reorganization

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: As planned, Terra has completed its initial reorganization effort as of this week. Several actions are still pending, so please keep involved if you are waiting for an assignment or transfer. As a recap, the following has occurred:

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: - Active combat personnel centralized in Cohors Alpha, while maintaining high Cohors Alpha expectations of performance. Terra will put increased emphasis on cultivating unit performance, while providing ample opportunity for those willing to push themselves to participate in combat active, combat intensive units.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: - Cohors Bravo resituated and sized to meet two roles: B1 will house new Terra entries, providing guidance and training assistance, allowing new members to filter throughout the organization effectively. B1 command will be comprised of positive, engaging individuals who are invested in the growth of Ordo personnel. B2 will house Terra’s actives, but who are not necessarily interested in intensive combat. It will fit the needs of casual raiders or more administrative focused folks.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: - Cohors Charlie will continue its role as a reserve unit, but with oversight from Bravo command.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Cohors Alpha will now share a designated rifle, rather than individual weapons for each unit. Additionally, A4 and A5 will be receiving their UCA mods in the near future. Going forward, all Alpha units will be required to adhere to a creed of conduct designed to be a bit more intensive than the average member’s. Including, but not limited to, participation in available advanced programs—such as the ART.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: All in all, the changes should have a significant impact in streamlining the way we operate our ground forces.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:27] Kaska Czarny raises a hand.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Czarny?

[18:28] Kaska Czarny shouts: Sir, about Ventrilo/TS3: What would we do in the event we needed to do an allied assist for a group that uses Ventrilo?

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: It is particularly rare that we join an allied group's Ventrilo en masse to coordinate. Typically just one or two folks go over.

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: I doubt it'll be much of an issue.

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Any other questions?

[18:31] Tsume Xiao raises hand

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Xiao?

[18:32] Tsume Xiao: You mention UCA mods for A-4 and A-5, does this mean that Invictus and Insidae will keep their current ones, and A-2 will get the Heavy support mod, (hopefully without the silly purple :/)?

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: Units 1, 2, and 3 will keep their corresponding mods.

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: Any other questions?

[18:33] Ethan Schuman raises hand.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Schuman?

[18:33] Ethan Schuman: With mesh coming out in July, what's our current timeline for mesh gear update rollouts?

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: We'll cross that bridge when Mesh actually exists.

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: We have some time, for once. So. Any topics to bring up? :]

[18:35] Typhon Perun raises a hand.

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Perun?

[18:35] Typhon Perun shouts: In relation to what Kaska said earlier. In regards to allies that happen to be here visiting when we are attacked. Is there any plans for a home point to be set up for them in the near future? As they would like to help with the defense while here, so I thought I would ask.

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: Uhh, someday.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: It's not exactly pressing. How often do we actually have allied defenders?

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Annny other topics? :]

[18:37] Arokh Takakura raises claw.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Takakura?

[18:38] Arokh Takakura: Hopefully when we vote on TS3 vs Ventrilo, we'll vote regarding the functionality and base reliability of each client, rather than which sounds and looks prettier!

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Uh. Sure.

[18:39] Ice Karsin raises hand.

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: If this isn't serious, Karsin.

[18:40] Ice Karsin: It's moderately serious. I've noticed that Titan has had several simbuilds over the centuries. Are any others on the horizon?

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: Somedaaaay~

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: We change from time to time.

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: Any last questions or topics?

[18:42] Ryu Peng raises hand

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: Peng?

[18:42] Ryu Peng: Can we salute and leave now? :3

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: Hahahaha.

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: Yes, we're done. Good work this week. Keep up the awesomeness. I'll be around for the evening, working on odds and ends. Let's get some raids out. :] Uhmm, tomorrow promotions will be up in the morning. Unless ninjas kidnap me, ART will occur at 5:00.

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: That aside. Dismissed.

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia snaps his fist to his chest, presenting a brief salute.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.