Clicky

BlackSergal

Attention' All Hands! This here be an' Important

Listen up all Ye Skallywags!

Thar’ be this here army of Englishmen “Twenty-One –Fur-Two” and earlier’ today I had a sit-down with them. They’s like the’ Ideaz of a stand-up Honorable fight with Muskets’ and Iron. After I showd’ them the fine workmanship of the Nortec Muskets, they happily bought a few and are looking for a fight.

Them Lordbob, he turns to me and says’ we’s are a bunch of Frenchmen!

Thems' be fightin’ words” says I! And thus showed them the Jolly Roger of Ordo.

The field of the’ battle has been chosen at “Base” on Saturday, Sept. 3rd at 2pm SLT.

We’ll be musterin’ too at the Tatica board at 130pm! Get ye provisions in order and make ready to go ashore! There be a ‘lot o foes who needen’ run through with sword and shot.

Terms and Conditions: (What’s allowed, what’s not)

This be a fight a with Muskets n Melee weapons only! If you don’t have a musket you can buy one here! https://marketplace....-Loading/193960

Muskets must have a decent reload of 8 seconds or more roughly. No semi auto no full auto.

This is a stand’ up fight! No fancy-dancey movement enhancers that make you sail around like’ a ballerina. (No boostpacks no Jump packs)

If ye can't afford a musket or wish to stab them, use the Gladius and the Typhoon knife! (No 360 melee, all mele weapons must be 5m or less. No Butterknife Ook >:(

Thar’ be no throwin’ knives and no Shur-eek-En either! No bows n Arrows! This be Shot or Iron lads n Ladies! Shot, or Iron... (yes you may use the Assassin knife in normal melee mode though)

And while we're talkin' about it, ther' be no Explosives now neither! So No grenades! Ye won't need em!

However, If we have a very nice looking Cannon with a long reload.. Well then, pre-haps..

And this be a “civil” affair, that mean do try to dress up in your nicest Pirate or 17th –ish century outfit!

So what say Ye Lads? Are ya with me?

Aaaany recommendations for good period outfits? I have one that looks nice, but it's full of scripts (230ish), no-mod, and doesn't offer any descripting functions. So I'm in the market for something that both looks good and is either moddable or comes with the ability to have all scripts removed.

You have the years 1600 - 1825 to use, though a lot of nice uniforms I've come across are in the napoleonic era. 2142 has laid claim to being an "English army look" So try to avoid an obvious red-coat.

However, There are the Prussians or Hussars : Here's some quick examples

https://marketplace....e-Rococo/662560

https://marketplace....e-Rococo/662586 (comes with epic 'stash)

https://marketplace....-Outfit/2019721 (This one is good for those w/o deep pockets)

These are for those that do: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Imperial-Russian-Hussar-Military-Uniform-Boots-Hat-Medals-SLX/1271271
/>https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Imperial-Russian-Army-Uniform-Boots-Hat-Medals-SLX/1721304

((Current rules, Beta version 0.2: Has been approved by Lordbob and Updated: 10SEP11))

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

Herein layuth the Rules in Guides to Faire and Honorable Combat

between

==== The Ordo Imperialis ===== and ==== 2142 ====

In the great battle of ++Muskets and Melee++

=Rules and Conditions=

First and for-most the two Generals(OIC) or General's Adjutants shall meet or talk in advance and agree upon the terms and conditions.

This shall be a Timed event: Fighting over an objective for a time determined by the Generals. (30 minutes is suggested)

The event shall end when: a) The objective is taken b) Time expires before the objective is taken c) Generals' wish it.

At the end of the round, Hostilities will temporally cease and defenders shall return to there hub and allow for the Attackers to claim the objective and prepare to become the Defenders. The Generals may agree upon a time to restart, or wait 1 full minute to restart

Fighting shall be limited to the objective in contest. *At no time should any attacking forces deviate their attack towards other objectives not in contest, nor to The enemy spawn.* (Flanking the objective is permitted provided its does not greatly exceed the radius of the contested objective)

Spawn points shall be respected as off-limits towards either hostile party and shall be avoided nor fired upon.

Medic TPing is not permitted. Forces shall set their homepoints in area's designated and remain on foot.

No movement enhancers of any kind. (No dodgerolls, no HUD or AO Jumping enhancers, no Jetpacks, Nothing means nothing)

No explosions other than from "in period" cannons. (See below) No grenades or any other explosive projectiles from personal weapons. (No Flash-bangs, no foam rounds as well)

No vehicles unless authorized by the opposing General. Armored vehicles or suits which protect the wearer from being killed in 1 shot are prohibited.

The Drop Pods of either army shall not be used. All forces shall remain on the ground (unless an Astra engagement.)

The weapons allowed (See next section) shall be used only.

=Weapons=

*Ranged weapons:*

Firearms shall be "In Period" only stemming from years 1500 - 1825 Matchlock, wheel lock, and Flintlock muskets.

All ranged firearms must fire a single bullet per shot and have a minimum 8 second reload time. ( For Cannon's see below)

Any weapon that leaves the avatar, that is not a firearm, shall fall under special guideline and must receive the authorization of *both* Generals before it's use. (Throwing Knives/spears/axes etc) All weapons of this time may not be Re-"fired" for no less than 10 seconds.

Duel wielding is allowed provided that the off-hand weapon is melee only.

Bayonets are permitted provided they fall under the Melee guidelines below

*Melee weapons:*

Melee weapons must have a range 4m or less and must be within a frontal arc not exceeding 90degees.

(360 degree melee is not permitted)

*Cannons:*

Cannons (or Naval Guns) must fall within similar Time Period as Firearms. They must fire a single round per shot.

Cannons must be "crewed" by at least 2 individuals even if it's only operated by one Gunner. (The 2nd man shall play the part of the Assistant Gunner)

Gun crews shall remain alongside their pieces if one person is killed, the weapon may still be able to be fired (albeit slower) but it cannot be moved from its current position.

All Cannons must have minimum reload time between shots of 20 seconds.

A Cannon may fire an explosive round, provided it is identical to a standard-issue grenade and does not exceed 5m (Currently grapeshot is not allowed, pending auth)

**Failure to follow the Rules**

If a combatant fails to adhere to these rules, either out of ignorance or malice, then they must disarm and sing "I'm a Little Teapot" song within full view and firing range of the Opposing Force. They must do this until they have either: a) Finished the song (at which point they may return to their affiliated hub and reenter the fight. Or, b) The General of the Opposing force feels they have humiliated themselves sufficiently. (NOTE: Death does not warrant an automatic finish. You have to finish the song regardless of how many times your killed)

Continued blatant, and obvious failures shall result in removal of future events.

It was a pity that we were using genuine 1800s tactics and they were fighting with normal every day tactics, rendering us... seriously vulnerable.

BUT we managed to suffer from COD 4 seperate times..thats GOTTA be a record.

I think these could be alot of fun with more codified preparation and training for them. I think two dedicated musket forces could have an epic fight. Their build is amazing for it where we were fighting.

Sat the 17th at 2pmSLT We will be hosting 2142 here at Titan. The fighting will be limited to the center objective al la "Fort Apache."

New changes to the rules has been marked in red *see above*

Defenders and Attackers will be limited to the ground floor and center area only.

We need a "Shake Down" to work some bugs out, I'd like to see a training session during the week