Clicky

Tsume Xiao

Approved/Denied Weapons Database

Ok, we used to have one, then a new one which was a different format, and now they are both gone.

I have alot of the test results that I tested for the database backed up on my desktop computer and can re-post them.

However, we really need to get something back-online for this, and I think we need to add a few things to what is displayed on the database.

For example, I think we need to add a slot for Curia Approval so people dont have to search to see if a weapon was approved by Munitorum on the database, if it was also approved by Curia.

Here are the fields I think that should be required:

Name

Builder

Scripter

Prim Count (Maybe, it would really only serve verification purposes)

Idle Script Time

Active Script Time

Texture Intensity(?)

Rate of Fire in RPM

Capacity

Reload Time

Melee Range/Arc (This could just be a pass/fail field for ease of use. >4 or <=4, or whatever the field is)

If the weapon is explosive or has an underslung

Explosive Radius:

Explosive Capacity:

Explosive Fire Delay: (If single shot, omit this)

Explosive Reload:

N

Verdicts

Muni Approved [Y/N]

Curia Approved [Y/N]

If a Forum-Based Database is too difficult/intensive/not reliable, I can just keep a excel file as I have been doing OR I can set up a Google thingy.

Lastly

We need to get testing standards fixed.

-Script Time Testing

-Fire Rate Resting

-Texture Intensity Testing

Kisho and I have been testing the accuracy of Morh's script time utility thing of awesome and comparing it to readings from the old EM menu readings, and it has been within 0.05ms

So using this is possible.

Another thing that has to be fixed is the method of testing fire rate. I know I gave Nikk a fire rate tester that is much more accurate than some other ones due to how it works.

Texture intensity has already been defined by Nikki ("Add up the numbers") and is pretty hard to screw up.

Also, we need to reconsider classifications and if a Mono compiled core is a instant fail as it once was (mono has been fixed apparently).

Also Also: We need a place to list things that have been blanket denied by Aryte, and clarify what "Banned" means. By Nikki's Project Mars definition, "banned" means banned from the sim entirely.

I am willing to spearhead this revival, but it is definitely something we need to do.

***EDIT***

Restructure is in progress.

The following is being worked on

-Updated limits on acceptable criteria

-MORE TESTERS. So Nikki can work on all the other cool shit she does.

-More concrete, easy to understand format.

-More defined testing procedures.

Doesnt munitorum need to approve weapons before curia makes approval?

Muni makes sure it functions up to par and curia approves as an appropriate mod to armor and or an appropriate weapon aesthetic wise.

Yes, that is what the database is/was for. So Muitorum can test stuff, and then its all in one place for curia.

Adding the curia verdict to the database would make it a one-stop for anyone looking for information on a weapon.

We still have the databases, I've just been too busy to figure out what's wrong with them (it's something to do with the template). I think Nikki last was attempting to fix it, but she's also really busy.

I'll get Nrom on it and see if we can't get it working