Clicky

Dascede

Ordo Meeting - (12/27/08)

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you all for coming this evening. Let's get started. We'll be as quick as possible, so please quiet down and wait until you are given the opportunity to interrupt. The usual.

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: Dascede has already volunteered to take minutes this evening.

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: Pardon me if I am a bit slow. My hands are freezing, as per some strange weather pattern shift caused by the Earth's rotation being out of whack due to a new gravity source (Kanaki).

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Now that we've got our weekly Kanaki fat joke out of the way . .

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: On to my little brief this evening.

[18:01] Diablos Korobase: lmao

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Membership stands at 212, plus Eazy, who is strangely suspended at the moment. So, 213.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: We're down two, but up three new members.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: The two who left were Seijuro and CptMatthew. Both of which whom were horribly inactive and actually haven't been on map in four months.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Nooot much to note Curia side. Reports have been rather low. Kitsy is beginning to wonder if people simply are afraid of her. Drama has been level and nearly non-existant. Always a good thing.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Group activity itself is rather high. Tons of recent developments.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Combat has been a bit lower, due to the holidays. No problems. That'll be remedied tomorrow and tomorrow evening, I'd wager.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Applications are relatively stable. We've picked up several new quality cadets I hope to see processed soon.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Some of which are former members of allied militaries who've always been closely related to us.

[18:04] Mikael Khalamov: Sorry I'm late. D:

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Keynote this evening will detail foreign matters, so I'll skip that.

[18:05] Dragon Massiel: ao off

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Let's go ahead and move on to branch reports.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Volunteers?

[18:05] Sosarin Demar raises his hand.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Batticus.

[18:05] Sosarin Demar: There isn't a whole lot to report for this week, as we all took a nice break for the Christmas holiday. Fega Saito and Seb Yakan have taken charge over the Red Tails and Night Ravens squadrons respectively. Networking between the flight leads is in progress and has proven to be fruitful so far. Flights are being re-arranged here and there to make them as efficient as possible with what active personnel we have. The structure experiment continues.

[18:05] Sosarin Demar: The Apostles, our group of aces, will be going under reformation. It will become a team encompassing flight instructors whose purpose is to train on all levels as well as host Astra specific events. Rei Kuhr will be seeing to this reformation with Fega Saito's help. On that note, flight instructor examinations have begun to a small degree. We hope to organize our training to be more efficient by boosting our base of teachers and having them communicate between one another in a more formal fashion.

[18:06] Sosarin Demar: Despite the holidays, activity this week was sufficient when the sim was open. Levels should be more normal when January hits. Nemesis, the new attachment plane, is still in testing but is remarkable. Flight Training is slowly, but somewhat surely for some.

[18:06] Sosarin Demar: That concludes this weeks report.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you, Legates Demar.

[18:06] Lestat Umarov: Still writing mine, need a few moments

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Certainly.

[18:07] Ethan Schuman: I can go.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Go ahead.

[18:07] Ethan Schuman: Much is changing for Navis. I have three main points to address.

[18:08] Ethan Schuman: The first of these is the construction of the new fleet and change of emphasis on mission structure. Thanks to the efforts of Razi Soyinka, we now have a new fleet full of shells that Vlad and I will be working on shortly.

[18:08] Ethan Schuman: Navis will be taking strategic policy changes to increase deployment opportunities in all general combat.

[18:09] Ethan Schuman: In addition to this, I have begun work on a new series of smal arms for Navis. Navis members will be able to choose one of two weapon paths: Marine, or Crew.

[18:10] Ethan Schuman: All Navis members will begin with the new FW900K Battle rifle. Marines will be able to unlock a grenade launcher and full auto mode. Crew will unlock a submachine gun, and a shotgun after that.

[18:11] Ethan Schuman: This will hopefully increase Navis combat capbility when w are stuck on the ground.

[18:11] Ethan Schuman: Finally, Navis now has a new training format which we will begin to run people through in the next few fays.

[18:13] Ethan Schuman: New navis training has six phases. The first is an increased emphasis on small arms familiarization. The next is an exploration of combat theory. After this is gunnery training, which focuses on air to ground combat tactics. Piloting follows this, whichis somewhat self explanaory.

[18:14] Ethan Schuman: After piloting comes Navigation, which focuses on the returning of fallen personnel to the battlefield. Finally is a new phase, which I hope to see great success from. Navis will begin instructing its new members on Engineering theory, which will include a basic tutorial on the trade skills of both building and scripting.

[18:15] Ethan Schuman: I should emphasize that this phase is very basic, and meant only to introduce scripting. It will not be difficult to pass.

[18:15] Diablos Korobase: Will the building and scripting be open to none Navis members?

[18:16] Diablos Korobase: And sorry for shouting out

[18:16] Ethan Schuman: I cannot comment on that at this time, but I will likely hold open classes for those interested, yes.

[18:16] Ethan Schuman: This concludes this week's report for Navis.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: Awesome, thank you.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: Teeeerra?

[18:17] Lestat Umarov: On the Terra front things have been going well. The training schedule has been drafted up and is ready to go with a small change for one of the instructors who can't make a certain day. With the release of the new HUD phase one instruction will have to change a bit in terms of the outline but instructors are encouraged to make due and try to teach based off the new HUD. I will be making changes to the outline shortly but until then you're on your own.

[18:18] Jayce Iredell raises his hand....

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Anything further, Lestat?

[18:21] Lestat Umarov: yea, froze up for a sec

[18:21] Lestat Umarov: thought i crashed

[18:21] Lestat Umarov: In regards to the alpha squads I have a bit of news for antesignani. The Aggressor mech is completed and is currently being field tested. It comes with two weapons, one for each arm, with an additional 3 available as unlocks. The flak gun is "win" (looks at sera >.>) The Predator tank is being worked on again after the recent inventory loss. Hopefully it should be back and action and ready for field testing soon. And lastly the Venerator mech has no new progress from last week.

[18:21] Lestat Umarov: That is all I have to report.

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: Awesome, thanks.

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: Jayce, you had something to mention?

[18:22] Jayce Iredell: Antesignani is ready for refit of arms, upon the approval of the Tactical Assement of Future Technologiesby the Imperator in full, it has been passed onto Sera Otoro for review and construction. The proposal includes the following: Tanks, Sentienl units, Powered Armor and Mechanized assets. I'm willing to hand out the TAFT to anyone interested in having a look.

[18:23] Jayce Iredell: Also going to be looking through a pool of Prinicpales ranked terra and anyone else interested to refill the depleted activity in the squad as a whole.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you, Jayce.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Any further reports this evening?

[18:25] Faril rang Karlhockey's bell.

[18:25] Faril rang Karlhockey's bell.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Very good then.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Moving on.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Any other business to bring up this evening

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: ?

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Old, rather.

[18:25] Phillip Hultcrantz raises hand

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Phillip.

[18:25] Phillip Hultcrantz: Powerfist.

[18:26] Keystone Gray puts his fist in the air. "Fight the power."

[18:26] Phillip Hultcrantz: I've got a lot of peoepla sking about it's release.

[18:26] Phillip Hultcrantz: people*

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: At your discretion, Phillip.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Seems good to go to me.

[18:27] Phillip Hultcrantz: Okay.. um.. can you set it up ina vendor? >_>

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: Sure, drop me a notecard with the intended release crowd.

[18:28] Phillip Hultcrantz: it's in the folde I sent you

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: Perfect, then.

[18:28] Phillip Hultcrantz: the notecard on PF info has it listed

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: I'll get it done.

[18:28] Phillip Hultcrantz: Thank you.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Any further old business this evening?

[18:29] Inoue Katsu raises hand ?

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Inoue.

[18:29] Inoue Katsu: naptime ? D:

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: No.

[18:29] Inoue Katsu: :(

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: On to new business then, haha.

[18:29] Fega Saito raises hand.

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: Or not. Fega?

[18:30] Fega Saito: I'm Old now.

[18:30] Lestat Umarov: MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

[18:30] Lestat Umarov: YAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

[18:30] Inoue Katsu hands Fega a glass for her false teeth

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: This is true.

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: Only a couple topics for this evening.

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: First up, foreign affairs.

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: For those of you who missed the forum topic, it looks as if the AN is currently undergoing another command shake up.

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: A couple days ago, Jim Herbst summarily resigned and passed the group over to Bizcuit. Jim's been the AN commander as long as I can remember-- 2006, perhaps earlier.

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: It is speculated his reason for resigning came after a curious move. For Christmas, he freebied the AN's former fleet ship, the Molay.

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: As I understand, the AN JAG (basically our Curia) was hit with a wave of complaints.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: I cannot confirm it, but it did appear Jim was attempting to join the Merczateers. However, he is now an AN cadet.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: That puts two major players back on the field, both of which we've gotten along with in the past. First, the current head of the AN is now Bizcuit Vanbrugh.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: To fill Bizcuit's position, Jason Backer was promoted.

[18:34] Lestat Umarov: Awesome

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: If you recall, these are the two individuals who approached us about getting us unbanned.

[18:34] Lestat Umarov: I've dealt with jason before, he's a reasonable person

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: Jason mentioned he is certainly interested in seeing that through, simply, at the moment . . they're pretty busy restabilizing.

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: I will be extending a formal congratulations to Bizcuit the next opportunity I see him online, after which we'll discuss revoking our banishment from Elshout.

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:36] Mikael Khalamov raises his hand.

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: Mikael.

[18:36] Mikael Khalamov: Is the AN still looking to join IS? Or was that more of Jim's pet project?

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: We have not heard anything definitive on that. My first assumption was it was Jim's doing.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: But I really can't say with any confidence.

[18:37] Phillip Hultcrantz raises hand

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Phillip?

[18:37] Phillip Hultcrantz: ANHC has stated they will continure to pursure that goal.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Perfect.

[18:38] Zrazor Rozenstrauch raises hand.

[18:38] Mikael Khalamov: Thank you.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Zrazor.

[18:38] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: "As stated by the Jessie War Journal, we have been in talks with the Iron Symphony, but at this time it is not a priority for us. But we will look at in the New Year. It is in no means a done deal and we will be looking at our options.” -Bizcut

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: Ah, perfect.

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: Any further questions or comments?

[18:40] Ethan Schuman raises hand.

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: Ethan.

[18:41] Ethan Schuman: After dealing with their spamtastic weaponry last night, I would be interested to know if anything further has been reached regarding the Guerilla Rebels request for technological assitance with weaponry moderation.

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: Ah, that was actually my next topic.

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: Perfect.

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: The GR was actually banned today from another Iron Symphony region.

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: The EU, this time, dropped the banhammer on GR for having horribly poor weaponry.

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: As I understand, Rookie Parnas, their scripter, is trying to get in touch with IS leaders (myself included) to view a new version of some of their weapons for approval.

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: But thus far we've not run into eachother.

[18:42] Phillip Hultcrantz raises hand

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: Phillip?

[18:44] Phillip Hultcrantz: I think it would be a good idea to activly try to help them fix their weapons. It would look good for us politicly and could earn us some friends in the commonwealth. LEt's face it, GR aren't the most powerful military , but of our Enemies, they are oen of the most active.

[18:44] Hokusai Otsuka raises his hand.

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: I will address the possibility with Rookie and Jordi. I can't begin to speculate on any receptiveness.

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: Hokusai?

[18:45] Hokusai Otsuka: If need be, I'd be more than willing to help with scripting and such for the GR.

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: Any other questions on the matter?

[18:46] Ethan Schuman: Not a question, but a comment. I too am available for assistance and consultation.

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: Contribution!

[18:49] Akurei Sieyes: Alms for the poor

[18:49] Seb Yakan raises his hand.

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: If you have not, be sure to check the forums for a thread I introduced earlier today. It's basically a little mention on a concern I've heard tossed around.

[18:50] Aryte Vesperia: I am asked, pretty regularly, "is there anything I can to help out?"

[18:50] Aryte Vesperia: Well, yes. There more than likely is. The difficulty is . . honestly, I can't really keep a running roster of tasks to be completed.

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: There are jobs out there. In every branch. I can promise you that.

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: Everyone here could be horribly busy and overburdened if they tried hard enough, ha ha.

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: What it boils down to is: what do you want to do?

[18:51] Keystone Gray chuckles.

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: You're more than welcome to take an idea and run with it. In fact, that's awesome. Please do. The worse that could happen is you're told "no." You'll hear "no" a lot in life, so, really, don't fret. It's not bad.

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: I use Sosarin as an example pretty often, but, he's a good example.

[18:52] Inoue Katsu plays the batman tune

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: Sosarin essentially looked at Astra and said "maybe this'd be better" and went with it.

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: Most of Astra's current policy is from him.

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: And, he started writing up and suggesting stuff since he was a wee-E-1.

[18:53] Lestat Umarov: <.,

[18:53] Inoue Katsu: \o/

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: Moving on after Keno managed to be retarded.

[18:54] Dragon Massiel: Rolf

[18:54] Yipper Mighty: LOL.

[18:54] Akurei Sieyes: Can we jump in the escape pods and scuttle now? :|

[18:54] Mikael Khalamov golfclaps.

[18:54] Yipper Mighty: Fucking knew it.

[18:54] Lestat Umarov: check

[18:54] Inoue Katsu: naptime ? D:

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: Refocus, please.

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: Beyond starting your own projects, there are farily endless possibilities in the way of volunteering.

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: As such, I do ask officers to please start general threads or make any work opportunities they have known.

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: Pretty simply, just open a forum thread on the matter.

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:57] Keno Pontoppidan: <3?

[18:58] Aryte Vesperia: Not even close, Keno.

[18:58] Seb Yakan: Is my love any good? <3?

[18:58] Aryte Vesperia: Valid questions.

[18:59] Ethan Schuman: I actually have a work opportunity for the entire Ordo.

[18:59] Jayce Iredell: If someone cannot build or script or texture, what may they do?

[18:59] Aelus Janus: Liberal Arts.

[19:00] Endra Ashbourne smirks.

[19:00] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Philosophy major? :o

[19:00] Aryte Vesperia: Jayce, you lead a squad.

[19:00] Aryte Vesperia: What do you do?

[19:00] Karlhockey Forte: I have a question actually

[19:01] Jayce Iredell: Command organize delegate and direct sir, but it was more directed from the point of view of an E-1 as opposed to myself.

[19:01] Aryte Vesperia: Is there room to improve your unit?

[19:01] Jayce Iredell: Exponetially.

[19:01] Aryte Vesperia: Use your E-1

[19:01] Aryte Vesperia: 's.

[19:02] Jayce Iredell digs out his roster...

[19:02] Aryte Vesperia: You were saying, Ethan?

[19:04] Ethan Schuman: Yes sir. Those of you who are asking "What can I do? I can't build/script/etc"... you CAN, however, learn these skills. Tutorials are out there, and programs to work with SL's production trades are free or cheap.

[19:05] Ethan Schuman: Can't script but want to learn? Find someone to teach you. I'm teaching Aelus right now about the basics of scripting. Want to animate? Download Qavimator, it's free. Want to sculpt? Google it, or ask around. Rokuro is an excellent program. Curious about clothing and texturing? Download GIMP.

[19:05] Niiya Narayan raises hand

[19:05] Keller Teichmann raises his hand as well.

[19:06] Ethan Schuman: My point is, you only make yourself more valuable to the ordo by learning these skills, even if you don't see an immediate opportunity to use them. Idle hands are the devil's tools. If you're looking for something to do, LEARN. You can never go wrong with that.

[19:06] Ethan Schuman: As for the contest some of you have heard about, I'll be posting a thread on the forums following the meeting, but right now I'm looking for possible concepts for new Navis uniforms.

[19:07] Ethan Schuman: The winner will have their design submitted to the Imperator for approval, and if it gets used, I'll offer the prize of having a personalized gun scripted just for you.

[19:08] Ethan Schuman: This contest is open to the entire Ordo. More details will follow on the thread. Good luck to all you creative people.

[19:09] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[19:09] Aryte Vesperia: Niiya?

[19:09] Niiya Narayan: i'd like to say if people are interested in learning to build or script then they should check out the guide i posted on the forum foremost cause without that advice you'll just end up making un-useable gear.

[19:09] Aelus Janus: If none of the above suits you: recruitment, fund raising, and preserving our Order--through Curia or Frumentarii--can be accomplished nurching aught the sublime.

[19:10] Venes Dagger raises hand.

[19:10] Aelus Janus: nurchering* :P

[19:10] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[19:10] Aryte Vesperia: Keller?

[19:11] Keller Teichmann: I just had a random thought, when Ethan brought up teaching others about scripting. If there is enough interest, would it be possible to set up 'training' sessions for budding scripters and builders, akin to what the main divisions are organizing?

[19:12] Aryte Vesperia: That'd be great. I see no reason why not.

[19:12] Aryte Vesperia: Venes?

[19:14] Venes Dagger: I just wanted to say that it despite what we're talking about right now, all this building and textures and scripting, that you don't always have to do that stuff to be a good Ordo member and if you're thinking that then what your thinking isn't the case. Just because your not contributing materialy doesn't make you any worse of a soldier here, as long as you show the qualities of the Ordo and support your comrades then you'll do just fine.

[19:14] Aryte Vesperia: Amen.

[19:15] Venes Dagger: that's all sir.

[19:15] Phillip Hultcrantz nods.. "Good command staff are hard to come by."

[19:15] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[19:15] Aryte Vesperia: Anything further before we move on?

[19:15] Lestat Umarov: Tiri's back :o

[19:15] Aryte Vesperia: Aye.

[19:16] Inoue Katsu is going to bed cause its kinda 4:15am -.-

[19:16] Aryte Vesperia: Night.

[19:16] Aryte Vesperia: On to promotions, then.

[19:16] Aryte Vesperia: Let's see.

[19:16] Aryte Vesperia: Fermi Torok, Good Conduct Merit.

[19:16] Diablos Korobase: Night Inoue

[19:17] Aryte Vesperia: Kanaki Hornet, E-5. Gasp.

[19:17] Aryte Vesperia: Anlysia Gregoire, E-2.

[19:17] Lestat Umarov: He's getting fatter :o

[19:17] Aryte Vesperia: Keller Teichmann, Combat Prowess.

[19:17] Aryte Vesperia: Mikael Khalamov, E-3.

[19:17] Aryte Vesperia: Niiya Narayan, W-1.

[19:18] Niiya Narayan: :o

[19:18] Aryte Vesperia: Syl . . you somehow have developed like this fan club, who wrote me a persuasive letter in regards to the fact they know it is pushing the wait time, ha ha.

[19:18] Aryte Vesperia: But, E-5.

[19:19] Aryte Vesperia: Hokusai Otsuka, E-4.

[19:19] Aryte Vesperia: Abot time.

[19:19] Hokusai Otsuka: o:

[19:19] Aryte Vesperia: Faril Iredell, E-2.

[19:19] Aryte Vesperia: Not sure how.

[19:19] Aryte Vesperia: Yipper Mighty, E-2.

[19:19] Faril Iredell: \o/

[19:19] Aryte Vesperia: Teron Grey, E-2.

[19:19] Yipper Mighty: Omg yay..

[19:19] Tenyth Hirano: see what happens when you whine?

[19:19] Aryte Vesperia: Well done, all of you.

[19:19] Keno Pontoppidan crys

[19:19] Yipper Mighty: Yush.. I see :D

[19:19] Mikael Khalamov feels excited.

[19:20] Zrazor Rozenstrauch is gon' have to step up his game. ;p

[19:20] Tenyth Hirano probably is too

[19:20] Tandem Destiny facepalms.

[19:20] Anlysia Gregoire: Thank you, sir.

[19:20] Aryte Vesperia: I will have your emblems and such out to you within the next half hour or so.

[19:20] Mikael Khalamov: Thanks, sir.

[19:20] Mikael Khalamov: \o/

[19:20] Aryte Vesperia: Those of you E-3 and above, be sure to drop me a notecard with your unlock request.

[19:20] Aryte Vesperia: Aside from that . .

[19:20] Aryte Vesperia: About it for this evening.

[19:21] Aryte Vesperia: I will be around for a bit, but off to go see Valkryie. I'll be on the rest of the eveing after.

[19:21] Aryte Vesperia: And.

[19:21] Aryte Vesperia: Combat.

[19:21] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: I heard Valkyrie sucked :<

[19:21] Aryte Vesperia: Remember: training tomorrow.

[19:21] Aelus Janus: Impossible!

[19:21] Aryte Vesperia: Uhhh, any meetings needed or so forth, I'll be available Monday. Just give me a nudge.

[19:21] Raymond Donat: Tell me how it is sir, i've considered going to see it.

[19:21] Aryte Vesperia: Aside from that. You're all dismissed. Please post the log, Dascede.

[19:21] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you all!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.