Clicky

Ethan Schuman

CONTEST: Navis Uniforms

Krow Ames wrote:

What does the Navy look like in the Imperial Guard?

There's no 'Navy' part of the Imperial Guard. Basically, Titans are their 'Lets royally screw things up with really, really big guns' equivalent. The guys in the picture above are their typical crewmen. As for the Imperial Navy... I can't find a picture.

I figure I should post here as a clarification before things get too far off what I'm looking for.

When Navis is on the ground, light armor will do just fine. I'm looking for clothing suggestions, perhaps with light prim attachments, for us to wear while manning our ships. I don't see a particular problem with us having our own fatigue style uniform to wear. I'm thinking jumpsuits or something similar. The Battlestar Galactica uniforms/flight suits were always nice. Who knows? Anyways, keep the suggestions coming.

Ethan Schuman wrote:

I figure I should post here as a clarification before things get too far off what I'm looking for.

When Navis is on the ground, light armor will do just fine. I'm looking for clothing suggestions, perhaps with light prim attachments, for us to wear while manning our ships. I don't see a particular problem with us having our own fatigue style uniform to wear. I'm thinking jumpsuits or something similar. The Battlestar Galactica uniforms/flight suits were always nice. Who knows? Anyways, keep the suggestions coming.

d31d9186.jpg

Keller Teichmann wrote:
Krow Ames wrote:

What does the Navy look like in the Imperial Guard?

There's no 'Navy' part of the Imperial Guard. Basically, Titans are their 'Lets royally screw things up with really, really big guns' equivalent. The guys in the picture above are their typical crewmen. As for the Imperial Navy... I can't find a picture.

From what I've ready IMperial Navy uniforms for mid to high level ranked personell are pretty decorative. Think swashbuckling pirate coats with epulets, brocades, shoulder braids, and medals. Lower ranked crewmen and shangaied gun deck rats wear something along the lines of a plain jumpsuit I believe.

Dagger Exonar wrote:
Ethan Schuman wrote:

d31d9186.jpg

To my mind, something like this would be perfect for the fleet people. The people who choose the crew MOS would need light armor.

Dagger Exonar wrote:
Ethan Schuman wrote:

d31d9186.jpg

I really like this, I could most likely run this up in photoshop. I think it is a really well designed uniform.

Keystone Gray wrote:

That's amazing, Dagger. Looks like a police outfit with a Kevlar Tac-Vest. We could have a sculpted kevlar vest that's modifiable, the ability to add different pouches like magazine holsters and radios.

Well, we could take the pouchs from the extras pack to customize it... or just sculpt brand new pouches to replace them and make them fancy like the outfit. :D

I like the idea of using the SG-1 Black BDU's, but the design will need to be heavily modified if its going to be used as a base in order for it to be compared to the SG-1 Black BDU's just with Ordo logos on it.

But the idea is good and from a real world stand point it would provide those in Navis the flexibility and comfort to be worn in the environment they work in, particularly the the ship crews.

The direction I could see the Ordo and other militaries heading in is lower prim, simpler equipment with the exceptions of Elite and Special Branch units. Astra and Navis require really only require simple body armor or maybe something that resembles an enclosed environment suit or flight suit. Terra naturally would slightly heavier armor. Alpha squads and the Praetorians would carry the heaviest armor, but there's also considerably fewer of them than in other branches.

In the case of Navis, a light, basic flight suit for crew members, and a slightly heavier body armor + some sort of basic environmental protection for Fleet troops is what I would see. I'll dig around and see if I can find some armor that may work.

Diablos Korobase wrote:

I like the idea of using the SG-1 Black BDU's, but the design will need to be heavily modified if its going to be used as a base in order for it to be compared to the SG-1 Black BDU's just with Ordo logos on it.

They're black combat outfits with a tac-vest... that's like saying we shouldn't sell P90s in Titan Industries because Stargate has them.