Clicky

Aryte

Rank Revision -- Opinions!

It's been something on my mind for a while now. I've wanted to redo our ranks, in order to make them more . . Roman and less bastardized English, as well as expanding our available positions. We will no longer use roles to denote ranks; instead, we will use roles to denote "groups" of ranks.

For example, E-1 to E-3 is called "Numerii." So in the main Ordo group the tag "Ordo Numerii" would be available. After which, we'd keep a running roster, handing out insignias via-Mercury or manually.

---

Every individual within the Ordo Imperialis carries with them a defined military rank of authority, or, should they be a member of a specialized division, a specific title that outlines their place within the organization. The standard tree of ranks is broken up into four basic groups: Numerii, Principales, Veteranus, Tribunus. These titles reflect the general group of ranks that an individual has achieved, making identification slightly easier on the fly. Numerii are those from E-1 to E-3, Principales are E-3 to E-7, Veteranus are W-1 to W-2, and Tribunus are O-1 to O-3. Naturally, as an individual ascends in the ranking tier, the time they're expected to dedicate to the group increase, as does their responsibility and authority.

Terms of Importance:

o) NCO; 'Non-Commissioned Officer': An NCO rank refers to any member whom has reached a level of responsibility within the organization that provides them with basic policy enforcement duties. Within the Ordo Imperialis, NCO status encompasses the ranks of E-4 to E-7; the 'Principales'.

o) WO; 'Warrant Officer': Warrant officers are typically career individuals; considered

I'm sleepy so I'm just going to post what I IMed to Aryte so others can see my opinion. It's a little cluttered.:

This is going to be awesome for Terra, in particular. Since there can only be one WO, one Optio, one Centurion per legion in the current system, it really cramps people as far as ranks, opportunities, and responsibilities go. There isn't much room to expand for the many great members we have who deserve to have a chance to hold those positions (WO, CO's in the legions), but can't. The thing I also like about this is that this new system stresses a LOT of responsibility with NCO's, particularly the higher up ones. The E-3 also looks like a good bridge, since it's not particularly NCO, but it's like the WO equivalent where it goes as a career move between Enlisted and Officer. Gives people a chance to be instructors and stuff to prove their mettle. Anyway, these higher NCO's are people who might be running wargames and such with WO's, for instance. They get to make things happen and relieve stress on what a lot of officers are doing right now, as far as running things go.

Gives them more time to make policy and overview their branches as a whole.

To continue, the new special WO also strengthens the bond between enlisted and officer and I can imagine them working with the NCO cadre very close to make things happen.

My thoughts are a little cluttered right now, but for a simple answer -- I love it. It's going to be a little tricky to implement, but I think it's going to make the hierarchy more healthy.

I'm giving my opinion as an administrator as such, but not as a member of Ordo so much. I've only been here a month and a half. I've had a picture build in my mind, but there's only so much I can formulate in my head so some may be a little off

Sesquiplicarius, i had that for dinner last night i believe.

no serious. I think it is very good that we put more roman elements in our structure. altho these these names are really complicated and things like veteranus (veter-anus) and Sesquiplicarius will give our enemy a good laugh i still love it. Also it is good to see we have more ranks now.

The system looks like a nice update of the current setup. The names however, are getting ridiculusly difficult to pronounce or even type. Salararius and Sesquiplicarius just sound ridiculus. But as I said, the system seems way better.

Rei Kuhr wrote:

Is it possible then to make a regulation size rank so I can actually tell what rank the person I'm talking to is?

This is one of my personal annoyances, even though I still have to salute to just about everyone I see in Titan. But really, everyone's "Ordo Personnel" these days. Can't we just make everyone select their specific role in the group?

Mith Wakowski wrote:

This is one of my personal annoyances, even though I still have to salute to just about everyone I see in Titan. But really, everyone's "Ordo Personnel" these days. Can't we just make everyone select their specific role in the group?

Well people are supposed to be wearing their normal rank tag and from what legion they are in. But during combat they are to use the Ordo main tag.

Hunter Abrams wrote:

Well people are SUPOSED to be wearing their normal rank tag and from what legion they are in. But during combat they are to use the Ordo main tag.

Wow, let's capitalize, bold, and underline the only misspelled word in your post.

Right Hunter, on Titan people should wear their normal rank tag and in any excursion (offense of defense) their tags should be changed to Ordo Personnel.

I think the new rank structure works great. I'm glad we've extended the enlisted ranks--it gives more room for the mass influx of people we've had lately.

Intus Infinity wrote:
Hunter Abrams wrote:

Well people are SUPOSED to be wearing their normal rank tag and from what legion they are in. But during combat they are to use the Ordo main tag.

Wow, let's capitalize, bold, and underline the only misspelled word in your post.

Right Hunter, on Titan people should wear their normal rank tag and in any excursion (offense of defense) their tags should be changed to Ordo Personnel.

I think the new rank structure works great. I'm glad we've extended the enlisted ranks--it gives more room for the mass influx of people we've had lately.

I just got off work so I don't really care...

Huskie Eun wrote:

How would we be distributed throughout the tree?

I agree, an unsolved (maybe part of the whole work-in-progress thing) question, is how members, especially enlisted, will be transferred from the old (5E, 1W) to the new (7E, 2W).

EDIT:

[14:45] Aryte Vesperia: Everyone will remain in their specific equivalent rank initially, and then I will do the spacing out through promotions.

On a note of actual opinion some of the rank names are going to be a tad difficult to pronounce, such as: Sesquiplicarius (I'm not even sure I spelled it right lol). I'm glad though we are taking a step in a new direction from an organizational standpoint, allows us to experiment and see what does and does not work well with a large group like our own.