Clicky

Dascede

Ordo Meeting - 2/7/09

Introduction

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: All right.

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: Let's get started.

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: I do need everyone to quiet down at this time.

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: Dascede will be handling the log for this evening.

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: We'll keep this as quick and routine as possible: combat will follow a short time later.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: For those of you new to the meetings, we have a pretty simple format:

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: First, I give a short report about the general state of the Ordo.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Secondly, the division leads report on each respective branch.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: After which, we open up to keynote discussion topics.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Finally, we close with promotions, merits, etc.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: So let's get to it.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: First up.

Imperator's Report

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: This week in the Ordo has been pretty balanced. Our membership number stands at 215, with a high of 220.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Five are unaccounted for on account of me becoming OCD and ejecting a couple alternates.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Another individual vanished (account disappeared from search).

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: And one honourable retirement from Navis.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Let me pull the application list real quick.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Since Februrary 1st we've had . .

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: 16 new applications.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: ..

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: MAke that 26.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Aryte can't count.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: 16 of which were denied.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Eight approved.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: The remainder are under Curia approval.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Combat's been a little off and on, mostly due to some foreign policy shifts and recent sim rebuilds.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: CATI is redoing their region; upgrading to a full sim.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: 2142 is all but quiet and off the chart.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: 39th has increased their attacks on us.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: GR has taken a few shots at us. We're due to pay them back.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: TCG's been pretty quiet. We need to visit them soon.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: RR's been active; few raids there this week.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Several defensive manuevers to note.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Interestingly enough, several were in Elshout.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Politically, we've made some achievements in relations abroad. Especially with the Alliance Navy.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: To date, we are still not banned from any military sim-- aside from Sparta.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: We're currently expanding our horizon of combat. CS, the Order, and Dominatium are joining our hit list.

[18:10] Keystone Gray: Sparta's a military sim?

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Likewise, Zrazor has provided an interesting approach to scraping up some new foes. That'll be addressed after the meeting, in combat briefing.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: All in all, everything is going quite well.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Our general activity is steady. No complaints.

Divisional Reports

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Division reports?

[18:12] Sosarin Demar raises his hand.

[18:12] Ethan Schuman raises his hand.

Astra

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Sosarin, for Astra.

[18:12] Kytec Switchblade: /meraises his hand aswell.

[18:12] Lestat Umarov does the same

[18:12] Sosarin Demar: The Apostles, which is now an educational group, are situated much better now than at the start of the week. I am pleased that we have two new certified instructors within the Apostles as well as more potentially on the way. They have all worked hard to get to where they are at and have helped out with Astra training for a long, long time already. Congratulations, Duplicarius Fermi Torok and Heather McKay.

[18:13] Sosarin Demar: We've had a pilot go, but shortly thereafter Daffee Vita stepped up and returned to Ordo. We welcome you back. Another pilot has returned to active duty. We're doing well on manpower.

[18:13] Sosarin Demar: Training queue is at one person who popped out of the woodwork. We hope to get him situated, but his schedule is limited. I hope to see Astra focus more on events, crazy and otherwise, when there are no pilots to train. Combat activity on behalf of Astra seems to be at desirable levels. That concludes this week's report.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you, Sosarin.

Navis

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: Ethan?

[18:14] Ethan Schuman: Navis has the following matters to report on this week:

[18:14] Ethan Schuman: Firstly, I'm sorry to announce the departure of josey Bingyi from the Ordo Imperialis. His departure, combined with general inactivity due to other circumstances, has created a vacancy in the position of head trainer which must be filled. Over the next few weeks, I myself will be assuming an increased role in training where I can in order to attempt to compensate for this loss until the position can be filled. Keystone Gray is also hereby granted clearance to run field training of his choosing, effective immediately. Those of you in Navis looking for an opportunity to advance are strongly encouraged to see this opportunity for what it is, as we need quality people to step up now more than ever.[18:15] Ethan Schuman: Secondly, I have an announcement regarding the much anticipated Navis firearm line and how they will be distributed. As a departure from the usual system of distribution, all Navis weapons will be handled through a single vendor. Instead of being issued a weapon directly when you qualify for it, you will be given an access keycard. This will allow you to go to the armory vendor and directly access the specific weapon yourself. This system has multiple logistic advantages, not the least of which is the ability to delegate tiers of armory access to specific members without having to deal with full permission versions. This will hopefully allow for faster issuing of weapons to those qualified. The script for this system is already finished, and merely needs to be implemented.

[18:15] Ethan Schuman: Thirdly, the Thanatos beta has taken longer than I originally anticipated, due to interference from real life on my end. I have plans for more extensive testing to be conducted this week, and hope to have it in general issue as soon as possible. My apologies for this delay. On another related note, I'd also like to congratulate Invictus on their acquisition of the new drop pod. While I'm not personally familiar with the system, I have been told that it is both simple and effective, and will finally allow us to work with Invictus the way we always intended to. While the pod is still in beta, I'm going to see what I can do about getting some joint training scheduled up with Invictus and work on Admonitor drop pod training.

[18:16] Ethan Schuman: This concludes the Navis report for this week.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you, Ethan.

Praetorian Guard

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: Kytec, for the Guard?

[18:18] Kytec Switchblade: Praetorian training have been rescheduled to twice weekly, and have been sucessfull. Reviews of the new schedule seemed to fit perfectly with everyone. Agares has been working tirelessly to involve the entire group, and has earned a gold star sticker. Later he will be allowed to pick a toy from the box, tho karl has already claimed all of the purple crayons.

[18:18] Kytec Switchblade: s*

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Excellent.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: That's my elite guard.

Terra

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Lestat, for Terra?

[18:19] Lestat Umarov: My report for this week will be brief. Terra training has picked up and is taking place on a daily basis with Sekonda huet enforcing the schedule. Aside from that it's really been a slow week in Terra. This coming week i'm going to check on the progress of several projects for antesignani as well as hold a division meeting to take any questions, concerns, ideas that anyone may have.

[18:19] Kytec Switchblade: The incentive program really works wonders doesn't it?

[18:19] Lestat Umarov: That is all, unless anyone has anything else to report?

[18:19] Agares Tretiak: Err. Venerator is moving along nicely.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: Very good work in Armatura as of late. I am happy to see how well it is progressing. Kudos to all of you involved.

Armatura

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Any further reports?

[18:21] Sekonda Huet: Armatura has a quick input Sir.

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: Go right ahead.

[18:21] Sekonda Huet: Just that were holding talks about integrating it with the requirements of Alpha Squad Entry. More details will come and probably be submitted to the Terra forums so those interested should keep there yes on it. My extended thanks again to those who have been helping Armatura become an Active department again. That's about it. :3

[18:22] Sekonda Huet: Eyes c.c;

[18:23] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Good God, is it seriously standing-room only in here?

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Yep.

[18:23] Kazeryu Severine: Only if you don't have a seat.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: All right.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Moving on. Shh.

Keynotes

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Usually, I have a slew of topics to bore you with for a few hours. This evening, I'd like to focus on member-born keynote discussions. As such, I'm holding off on bringing up any new business generated from the administration.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: If any of you would like to bring up a topic to discuss--any concern, policy or otherwise, now would be the opportunity! Simply raise your hand. I'll take them in order.

[18:24] Dralkanen Hextall raises hand.

[18:24] Agares Tretiak raises his hand.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Dralkanen. First up.

[18:26] Dralkanen Hextall: I am currently in the production of another, yes, another, Ordo Mellee weapon and would be greatly appreciative for donations of time for Script and animation workings. Once the weapon is approved, im hopeing this new weapon will be issued as another All Squad inclusive weapon, open to anyone wishing to get in someones face dureing a raid.

[18:26] Lilium Supermarine: :3

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Very good to hear. Thank you for undertaking the project. Does anyone have any questions?

[18:26] Kono Kestenbaum raises his hand.

[18:26] Tandem Destiny smiles

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Kono.

[18:27] Kono Kestenbaum: I'd like to mention the Velox squad. Well, it's not a squad. But it's advanced training. Either way. As a few of you know, Dasc, myself, and quite a few others have been working to breathe life into the Velox.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: Oops. I meant questions, not a new topic.

[18:28] Kono Kestenbaum: Ohshi- my bad, sorry.

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: We'll come back to you shortly, Kono.

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: Agares, go ahead.

[18:28] Agares Tretiak: As dark overlord and twisted task master of the Academy system, I have a few things to remark upon, so that all of you curious souls may ahve more to ponder.

[18:29] Agares Tretiak: The first consistant academy for Artillery support will be finished, by Feburary the 15th, if not sooner.

[18:29] Agares Tretiak: There will be three levels of training. Basic, Advanced, and Officer.

[18:29] Agares Tretiak: Advanced and Officer have strict limitations.

[18:30] Agares Tretiak: I will soon open an enrollment thread on the forums. Enrollemts will only be considered if posted there. DO not contact me in SL about enrollment.

[18:31] Agares Tretiak: I also will have a system in place to propose and help develop new academies. It is a serious task, so be prepared to work, if yuo suggest anything.

[18:32] Agares Tretiak: Aslo, I am hoping to link academy trainign and qualification with certain weapons and merits, in order to help expand our current system of training and will work any and all branches interested in some integration with the academy system. OF course, some of this needs to be ironed out still, but it will be in the works.

[18:32] Agares Tretiak: That's about it.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: Awesome. Questions from anyone?

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: Great.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: And back to Kono.

[18:37] Kono Kestenbaum: Anyways, as I was sayin'. I, and others, have been attempting to breathe life into the Velox. Which, despite its dusty aged... Ness is still a viable weapons platform. Now it's a bit early on in development, but I need bodies for the first wave of Velox trainees. I need at least three more, and I wish to keep this a volunteer project. Forgive me for the lack of impromptu speech- but I can give a damn moralizing one after the meeting. If anyone's interested, even vaguely, I can give you more information after the meeting- like I said. Just chuck me an IM. That is all.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Perfect, thank you.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Next topic?

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Anything at all. Just raise your hand.

[18:38] Desereck Creeggan raises hand

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Anything at all Ordo related, I add.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Desereck?

[18:39] Keystone Gray raises his hand as well.

[18:39] Desereck Creeggan: Would Titan Industries be some way ordo related?

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: Definitely.

[18:39] Agares Tretiak: :D

[18:39] Desereck Creeggan: Are there still positions open?

[18:39] Desereck Creeggan: I missed out on the initial threat on the forums due to my recent inactivity.

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: Very much so. Head on over to the forums and check under the main thread.

[18:40] Desereck Creeggan: Ah.

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: Just drop a comment there, it hasn't been processed just yet.

[18:40] Lestat Umarov raises hand

[18:40] Desereck Creeggan: Mkay. Thank you Sir.

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: Very welcome.

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: Questions about this topic?

[18:40] Lestat Umarov: Is there a deadline on when the decisions on staff will be made?

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: Not in particular. Probably in waves.

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: It's a "as soon as I can humanly manage."

[18:41] Agares Tretiak raises his hand.

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: I am hoping to start picking at it tomorrow, but that depends on how the day goes.

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: Agares?

[18:41] Agares Tretiak: I was wondering if there was anything you wanted me to change in the main shop, sir.

[18:42] Endra Ashbourne raises hand.

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: Not currently. The set up is sufficient as of the moment. We'll be able to see what needs shifted when the vendors are lined out.

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: Endra?

[18:43] Endra Ashbourne: I was just curious - how are the Schola updates going? Are they almost complete?

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: As I understand, Kristian Kit is still hammering away at his outline to submit to me. It's still in his hands.

[18:44] Keystone Gray raises hand again.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: Next topic. Keystone?

[18:44] Keystone Gray: I'd like opinions, from anyone, as to how Navis can step up recruitment. Any ideas?

[18:44] Kraa String raises a paw

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: The Thanatos will likely help quite a lot there

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: .

[18:44] Keystone Gray: Kraa?

[18:45] Tandem Destiny raises a candle

[18:46] Kraa String: How about giving a speach in one of the Schola lectures, a spokes person from each group giving a speach on the groups. Showing them a few of the "toys" and a demonstration

[18:46] Keystone Gray: That sounds great, actually. Tandem?

[18:46] Tandem Destiny lowers his candle in deperssion.

[18:46] Tandem Destiny: He had my idea.

[18:46] Tandem Destiny: D=

[18:46] Kraa String: How did you steal my Candle D:

[18:46] Kraa String: Evil!

[18:46] Tandem Destiny: MINE

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: You are actually more than welcome to do that.

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: Any division is free to have a representative at Schola phase 4 to give a spiel on their unit at the end.

[18:47] Krow Ames raises a cheeseburger

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: Shh.

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: Any other suggestions for Keystone?

[18:47] Kraa String: I have another

[18:47] Krow Ames: o/

[18:47] Tandem Destiny raises the candle again

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: Go ahead.

[18:48] Kraa String: How about putting a cap on the number of people on the divisions

[18:49] Agares Tretiak: ...that would restrict natural growth of the group. Certain units in a branch, maybe, but not per branch.

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: I'd like to avoid forcing folks into divisions they're not interested in, etc.

[18:49] Desereck Creeggan raises hand

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: Krow?

[18:49] Krow Ames: Invictus + Navis epic posters. Waffle could shop some up real quick.

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: Oh yeah, definitely.

[18:50] Tandem Destiny waves the candle.

[18:50] Anlysia Gregoire: "Fly the cool kids into battle. It's like coolness by proxy. Join Navis!"

[18:50] Aryte Vesperia: Propoganda up the base, so as long as it is quality.

[18:50] Tandem Destiny: D=

[18:50] Aryte Vesperia: Tandem?

[18:50] Tandem Destiny: This actually is sorta listed with the first depressing suggestion and is sorta cliche but, A video demonstrating what Navis can/will do. From ground and Aerial views.

[18:50] Zrazor Rozenstrauch raises a hand.

[18:50] Lestat Umarov raises hand

[18:50] Aryte Vesperia: That'd be interesting.

[18:50] Aryte Vesperia: Desereck?

[18:50] Desereck Creeggan: I has epik recruiting skill... Ask Sosarin how i got like 5 people in one week to join Astra....

[18:51] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: I was gonna suggest what Tandem just suggested. Make a cool video. ;O

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia nods.

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: Lestat.

[18:51] Tandem Destiny thumbs up

[18:52] Lestat Umarov: I was wondering if one of the rooms in the outpost could be used as an office room. So I don't have to chat with people up in the moon base anymore :(

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: Possible, yes.

[18:53] Anlysia Gregoire: Unfortunately they're not soundproof...

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: But the base is pretty compact, so the privacy issue won't really . .

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: Right.

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: I'll take one last topic for this evening. Anyone?

[18:54] Zrazor Rozenstrauch raises hand

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: Zrazor.

[18:55] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Shortly before Dagger was removed, he turned me on to the idea of kickstarting Offensus, and he made a very convincing case for it.

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: Offensus, as in the war council?

[18:55] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Yes.

[18:56] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: It's my opinion that the group could use a bit more objective direction so we don't spend all of our time fighting quad-weilding Brazillians.

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: For those of you who didn't recall, Offensus was essentially Terra's strategic planning group.

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: It handled all of the design for combat and deployment concepts.

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: It never really saw a great deal of use.

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: It is possible to reform a rendition of this, if you so wish.

[18:59] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: That's what I'm aiming to do, yes.

[18:59] Kono Kestenbaum raises his hand.

[18:59] Sekonda Huet: ]]

[19:02] Kono Kestenbaum: About this Offensus thing. I know I'm only E-4. But if they need people for it, I'm willing to offer what I know of stragety and tactics. For what it's worth, n' such.

[19:04] Xayvien Rau raises his hand.

[19:04] Aryte Vesperia: Xayvien?

[19:05] Xayvien Rau: Sort of the same as Kono, Offensus sounds interesting to me as well. As the EX-Assault Overseer of the Merczateers' I came up with tactics and taught people them. Most of which worked quite well and gave birth to some mighty Grunt's. So if it goes into work I'd like to be part of it.

[19:05] Aryte Vesperia: Great then. I could definitely see the Offensus role as being an opportunity to determine new targets, exercise strategy plans, and develop detailed briefings for assaults.

[19:06] Aryte Vesperia: I know Steff'll be interested. So there's some officer backing.

[19:06] Agares Tretiak: If I amy, my lord?

[19:06] Aryte Vesperia: Yes.

[19:07] Agares Tretiak: Offensus is strategic, not tactical. Tactical training willb e ahndeld by the Academies and various branch training protocols. Strategic thinking and such might be an academy course, though, that I'll offer to Officer class Ordo members.

[19:08] Akurei Sieyes: ( http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?showtopic=2019 )

[19:08] Aryte Vesperia: Correct.

[19:09] Aryte Vesperia: Any questions?

[19:10] Aryte Vesperia: Awesome. I'll get with Zrazor and see how we can iron out the Offensus idea, then.

[19:10] Aryte Vesperia: \

[19:10] Agares Tretiak: I'd love to help, too.

[19:10] Aryte Vesperia: Perfect.

[19:11] Aryte Vesperia: All right then. Let's move on to promotions.

Promotions

[19:12] Aryte Vesperia: I received a lot of promotions this round for folks who were recently elevated.

[19:12] Aryte Vesperia: I'm going to more strictly monitor the minimum time requirements, to keep the rank tree more stable.

[19:12] Aryte Vesperia: So, please keep those folks in mind and resubmit at a later date . . if you notice they've been passed over.

[19:13] Aryte Vesperia: I was too lazy to alphabetize it this week, so it's a surprise:

[19:13] Aryte Vesperia: Sekonda Huet - [Ordo Achievement Merit]

[19:13] Aryte Vesperia: Nogardknim Perth - [E-2]

[19:13] Aryte Vesperia: Sera Otoro - [Merit of Honor]; [Ordo Achievement Merit]

[19:13] Aryte Vesperia: Endra Ashbourne - [Comrade Support Merit] (Like his third.0

[19:14] Aryte Vesperia: Tandem Destiny - [Comrade Support Merit]

[19:14] Aryte Vesperia: Zrazor Rozenstrauch - [Comrade Support Merit]

[19:14] Aryte Vesperia: Anlysia Gregoire - [E-4]

[19:14] Aryte Vesperia: Scientific Waffle - [Architect of Eternity] (Which I accidentally gave him last week.)

[19:15] Aryte Vesperia: Lilium Supermarine - [E-5]

[19:15] Aryte Vesperia: Heather McKay - [Ordo Achievement Merit] (Oo all achievementy.)

[19:15] Aryte Vesperia: Niiya Narayan - [W-2]

[19:15] Aryte Vesperia: Dralkanen Hextall - [E-5]

[19:15] Aryte Vesperia: Kraa String - [E-2]

[19:16] Aryte Vesperia: Lupus Mielziner - [E-2]

[19:16] Aryte Vesperia: Raymond Donat - [E-3]

[19:16] Aryte Vesperia: Teron Gray - [E-3]

[19:16] Aryte Vesperia: Vitani Gullwing - [E-3]

[19:16] Aryte Vesperia: Williamca Zenovka - [E-2]

[19:16] Aryte Vesperia: Xayvien Rau - [E-6]

[19:16] Aryte Vesperia: Alex Velinov - [E-2]

[19:16] Aryte Vesperia: Samia Perun - [E-2]

[19:17] Aryte Vesperia: (Fanfare music, Xayvien.)

[19:17] Sekonda Huet: c.c

[19:17] Mizar Korobase: Confirmed.

[19:17] Aryte Vesperia: Hahaha.

[19:17] Sera Otoro: XD

[19:17] Aryte Vesperia: Congratulations.

[19:17] Aryte Vesperia: Well done.

[19:17] Sekonda Huet: lol...

[19:18] Aryte Vesperia: I am proud of you all, as always.

[19:18] Sekonda Huet: Group hug :D

[19:18] Anlysia Gregoire: \o/

[19:19] Zero Itamae: >_>

Dismissal

[19:19] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you all for attending this evening. Rank emblems (Tenaki plz) and so forth should be handed out within the hour.

[19:19] Tenaki Kupferberg yapyaps! :D

(amid salute spam)

[19:21] Aryte Vesperia shouts: All right. You're all dismissed. We'll be assembling for combat here in a short bit. Don't wander too far.

Edited by Dascede Aluveaux

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.