Clicky

Aryte

Guard Cycle Protocol - Opinions!

Guard Cycle and Standards of Security

The day to day time spent within Titan is usually marked with a large number of unoccupied members lining the trenches, staring at the ridge line in hopes of an enemy or two to show up. But let

Just to clear up some confusion I got from some people:

The Sergeant of the Guard position just means that the highest enlisted member takes charge of all the enlisted on the ground. The OIC maintains command of the sim. If there is an OIC present, they will either assume guard command, or they'll appoint the SOG to keep an eye out for guard duty. This means the SOG commands base defense and keeps the OIC up to date with what is going on, and also asks the OIC for advice/permission on the situation if need be.

So lets say I'm on sim, and I'm OIC. If Mith is the highest enlisted and I need to step back from doing active guard to handle IMs, notecards, et cetera, I will announce that he is SOG and the enlisted will know that he's calling the shots on the ground. I may still step in whenever to issue further orders, but I'm trusting him to make sure the guard is filled out and that he understands his duties. Mith in return will keep the sim safe and relay back to me a report of who came into sim, what they did, and what action was taken.

It's as simple as that.