Clicky

Anlysia Gregoire

Manual Update Project

So I've taken it 'pon myself to update the manuals for all the TI gear, couple of you may have seen me ask for people to help me test stuff and/or glance at them...so I figured I should just make a forum post about the status on this miniproject.

Currently complete (ish)*:

Warhammer 40k:

Bolter Mk.2

Storm Bolter

Heavy Bolter

Bolt Pistol

Plasma Rifle

Plasma Pistol

Modern Military:

MP5 Navy

M3 Benelli

M4A1 AXE

Mk.1 Raptor

H&K USP

MTAR21 Tavor

FN P90

Barrett REC7 / M468

Not done:

Modern Military:

Beretta 92FS

Assassin Knife (Sorry Ethan!)

SIG 552

Mossberg 500

Star Wars:

DL-18

E-11 Carbine

SFOR Carbine

Elite Carbine

The Silencer

Not doing:

Bolter Mk.1 (Phased Out)

I'm looking for people who can look over these manuals, actually _read_ them, and report to me any mistakes they find. As well, to run through the commands and make sure everything works as advertised. I'm using a lot of copypasta on these (at least, so far) so I keep flubbing up simple things like forgetting to change the name of a weapon here or there, or confusing "sling" and "holster" when I go from a rifle to a pistol.

And really, if the _new_ manuals have errors in them, that kind of defeats the purpose of this whole concept, doesn't it?

So, anyway, looking for volunteer proofreaders. This is the point where I hope Gulliver is TI staff, and if he isn't I just co-opt him anyway. Post below if you want to help.

(*: Why "complete (ish)"? Because I keep re-reading them and making minor copy edits to things I don't like, or finding things I missed. For example, I wrote the Heavy Bolter first, then the Storm Bolter, then the Bolt Pistol...then it occured to me that I'd completely forgotten the sling/draw commands for the Storm Bolter (because you can't sling the Heavy Bolter), and had to go back and re-add them.)

VV See that down there? That's me editing this post. That's exactly what I'm talking about. I'm never happy!

Edited by Anlysia Gregoire

I can't use Word because the manuals are written in format to fit SL notecards, including a lot (A LOT) of hand-done spacing. Which I simply can't-do in Word.

I'm also opening two notecards at once (or three, or four, or five, depending) and using them to cross-write different notations to keep them consistent between them.

All that, plus the various people chatting me up in IMs whilst I'm trying to get this done.