Clicky

Trevor Russell

Meeting, 3/11/09

[15:13] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you all for coming. Probably more of you here at 3 than would be at 6.

[15:13] LordBob Boa is Online

[15:13] Aryte Vesperia: The point of today's meeting is to sort of discuss progress and our short/long term goals.

[15:13] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Azaghul Apfelbaum

[15:14] Aryte Vesperia: First off, good work to everyone who's been involved so far. We've made a huge turn around. Lot more to go, but pretty damn good.

[15:14] Aryte Vesperia: I've experienced a lot of excitement from customer base and employees alike.

[15:14] Aryte Vesperia: Our credibility is skyrocketing.

[15:15] Euro Zapatero is Online

[15:15] Aryte Vesperia: For those of you who weren't aware, Anlysia has taken the helm of Tech.

[15:15] Anlysia Gregoire: \o/

[15:15] Aryte Vesperia: He's been responsible for redesigning and making a uniform, professional template for all of our manuals.

[15:15] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Sosarin Demar

[15:15] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Euro Zapatero

[15:16] Aryte Vesperia: Within the week I'll be sitting down tih Anlysia and going over Tech expectations, so he will be able to delegate it down to the staff.

[15:16] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Sly Axon

[15:16] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a:

Name: Sly Axon

Organisation: Ordo

Threat level: 0

Division: Praetorians

Listed rank: Spec1 - Praetorian

[15:16] Aryte Vesperia: But let's focus on development, since that's where our biggest point will be.

[15:17] Tiridates Mikadze: :D

[15:17] Sekonda Huet is Online

[15:17] Aryte Vesperia: Right now we're facing a few major issues in the development field.

[15:18] Aryte Vesperia: First, phase out schedule and determining what's "trash" and what's "salvage."

[15:18] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Sosarin Demar

[15:18] Tenaki Kupferberg is Online

[15:18] Aryte Vesperia: Secondly, figuring out our pattern of release- how fast is too fast, are we drowning our sales potential by drowning customers, etc.

[15:18] Aryte Vesperia: And last, the topic of Ordo compensaiton.

[15:19] Aryte Vesperia: We'll begin with the latter, since, well, we might as well.

[15:19] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Euro Zapatero

[15:19] Sam Darrow is Online

[15:19] Euro Zapatero is Online

[15:19] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Euro Zapatero

[15:19] Aryte Vesperia: As it was suggested originally, our goal here is to rebuild Titan to support Ordo projects. The question is: how do we collect funds for Ordo projects fairly?

[15:20] Aryte Vesperia: Currently the idea is thus: utilize designated products (such as phased out Ordo weaponry), rather than taking a tithe from other folks.

[15:20] Aryte Vesperia: For example, the USP's sales go towards points for Ordo.

[15:20] Coujo Thatch is Online

[15:21] Sosarin Demar is Online

[15:21] Aryte Vesperia: Opinions?

[15:21] Agares Tretiak raises his hand

[15:21] Ethan Schuman raises hand.

[15:21] Aryte Vesperia: Speak freely.

[15:21] Ethan Schuman: Agares, you go first.

[15:21] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Sosarin Demar

[15:21] Agares Tretiak: I was thinking, why not gather total income, then take a percentage that goes straight to Ordo?

[15:21] Joseph Spearmann: I think the old Ordo weaponary should really be put more towards sim upkeep. And whatever is left over goes to new Ordo projects

[15:22] Jayce Iredell is Online

[15:22] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Kastrenzo Benelli

[15:22] ribena Homewood is Online

[15:22] Agares Tretiak: Or, alternatively, divide porfits into what coems from newer products, and direct that into the Ordo, leaving the older ones closer to the origninal divisions.

[15:23] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Jayce Iredell

[15:23] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a:

Name: Jayce Iredell

Division: Terra - Antesignani

Listed rank: E-0 - Unranked

[15:23] Hidden Walkie: (Jayce Iredell)(1) check

[15:23] squakbox: (Jayce Iredell)(1) check

[15:23] Nadav Vaher is Online

[15:23] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: ribena Homewood

[15:23] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Tenaki Kupferberg

[15:24] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Blaze Wiles

[15:24] Tiridates Mikadze: I was going to suggest that we allow teams or individuals submit a product for Ordo use, in addition to the phase-outs.

[15:24] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Jester Spearmann

[15:24] Tiridates Mikadze: Well, funding, I mean

[15:24] Ethan Schuman: I think we should be looking at our strategic objectives for the Ordo before deciding how to split profits. Mainly, the addition of a second class 5 sim.

[15:24] Tiridates Mikadze: WAIT WHAT

[15:25] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Sosarin Demar

[15:25] Kraa String: What would the costing be to purchase another cat 5?

[15:25] Anlysia Gregoire: $1000 + $300/mo.

[15:25] Agares Tretiak: Yes, but looking towards the future, should it be requisite tht so much of profits goes towards the ordo? I tihnk that would give the ORdo a large reserve of money for various purposes.

[15:25] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Fermi Torok

[15:25] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Azaghul Apfelbaum

[15:25] Joseph Spearmann: I mean look at it like this. Those weapons were made for the people in this sim, and now that they're phased out, the sales of them should go to support the sims upkeep more directly instead of worrying about taking large chunks of the pay checks from the developers just to pay for sim upkeep

[15:25] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: ribena Homewood

[15:26] Agares Tretiak: And I agree.

[15:26] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Samia Perun

[15:26] Samia Perun is Online

[15:27] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Tiridates Mikadze

[15:27] Ethan Schuman: My personal opinion is that we should be taking a flat rate L$90,000 out of EVERY pay period instead of every other. We need to be realistic about our cost expectations of a future sim NOW, not later, and I think that would be the best way to go about it.

[15:27] Anlysia Gregoire: Frankly something that was made for and given to Ordo should pay 100% to Ordo once decomissioned, because in the same way it's still serving Ordo and the creators never expected to turn a profit on it.

[15:27] Agares Tretiak: Aye, Anylsia.

[15:27] Ethan Schuman: And I agree with Anlysia.

[15:27] Agares Tretiak: But I mean, what of products not derieved from former Ordo issue weaponry?

[15:27] ribena Homewood is Online

[15:27] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Euro Zapatero

[15:27] Aryte Vesperia: Ethan: possible when we're making the capita to back up something that bold.

[15:28] Aryte Vesperia: Anlysia: I agree.

[15:28] Aryte Vesperia: Demo, Keno and Timmahy agreed as well.

[15:28] Sonata Spectre is Online

[15:28] Aryte Vesperia: Which comprises all of the decom items.

[15:28] Sekonda Huet is Online

[15:28] Anlysia Gregoire: That simplifies things.

[15:28] Roo Tenk is Online

[15:28] Agares Tretiak: I feel there should be a policy that new weapons, there is a set percentage of total profits from them that goes directly into Ordo coffers, that it's an understood part of working for Titan Industries.

[15:28] Aryte Vesperia: The problem will be . . those items will eventually get dull. It's not a long term solution.

[15:29] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Septic Carver

[15:29] Sekonda Huet: Most people commit their work here to aid the continuation of the Ordo anyway.

[15:29] Jester Spearmann is Online

[15:29] Aryte Vesperia: And I want to make sure people are still getting something back for their efforts, so I don't want to be like ORDO TAKES 90%. GOOD LUCK.

[15:29] Aryte Vesperia: True.

[15:29] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Silver Meridoc

[15:29] Agares Tretiak: I know.

[15:29] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Akurei Sieyes

[15:29] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: ribena Homewood

[15:29] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Jester Spearmann

[15:29] steve319 Cao is Online

[15:30] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: ribena Homewood

[15:30] fernando Ryba is Online

[15:30] Silver Meridoc is Online

[15:30] Joseph Spearmann: See, that was my thoughts on this. Some people that are still in Titan, but aren't in Ordo, may have a problem with large chunks of their pay being taken to fund alot of stuff they have no sway in.

[15:30] Sam Darrow is Online

[15:30] Aryte Vesperia: Who is in Titan who isn't ORdo at this point?

[15:31] Object whispers: Endra Ashbourne please wait 10 seconds before launching another craft..

[15:31] Joseph Spearmann: Haven't looked at the list in a while.

[15:31] Ethan Schuman: Shakeno's the only person I can think of besides Timmahy.

[15:31] Aryte Vesperia: Shakeno, Sukasa, and Timmahy.

[15:31] Ethan Schuman: And Shakeno only has half of one product.

[15:31] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Silver Meridoc

[15:31] Anlysia Gregoire: That's where it basically comes down to an agreement when you submit an item to Titan, that it's Titans' to do with, and you agree to that when you offer it to Titan.

[15:32] Sekonda Huet: True, but the majority of people are still active participants, some are silent participants, ie their weapons sales help generate revenue. But the majority of Titan staff are still serving and I'd be bold enough to say the majority of those serving wouldn't really care so much for the cash. Some people are just happy with seeing something being sold, if they were solely in it for the money they'd sell it independently.

[15:32] WyldChild Raven is Online

[15:32] Keller Teichmann is Online

[15:32] Agares Tretiak: What ever the nature of my work may be, I have no problem letting Ordo take the lion's share for the time beign. I'd liek to option for later, that it could be negotiated, once TI is back in very comfortable waters, fiscally. But that's not even a primary concern of mine. I feel that with new, non-ordo weapons profits, a certain portion should go directly back to the Ordo, and that is somethign igured in fromt his point forward.

[15:32] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Vinnie Lei

[15:32] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Trevor Russell

[15:32] Vinnie Lei is Online

[15:32] Aryte Vesperia: Well, we need to balanace enough and the possibility of not enough.

[15:33] Tiridates Mikadze is Online

[15:33] Sekonda Huet: Titan Ind.'s isn't really about profit for persons it's like... contributing your work to a charitable cause... that gives back a little. I guess you could approach creators personally and ask them if you don't feel you run the risk of making them feel obligated to take cuts.

[15:33] Agares Tretiak: Aye

[15:33] Ethan Schuman: What if we were to stop taking 90K out of the Titan pay pool every other week and instead take 50 or 55 every pay period? We still fund the sim, increase Ordo revenue, and we do away with the boom/bust pay cycles.

[15:33] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Vinnie Lei

[15:33] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a:

Name: Keller Teichmann

Division: Terra - Invictus

Listed rank: E-6 - Decurion

[15:33] Aryte Vesperia: Hm . .

[15:33] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Keller Teichmann

[15:33] Sosarin Demar is Online

[15:34] Aryte Vesperia: What about the guns that were former Ordo?

[15:34] Keller Teichmann (COM): Titan meeting here, or in Ratin? D:

[15:34] Sekonda Huet: Ordo property aren't they?

[15:34] Kraa String: They were given freely to the ordo so the profit should still belong to Ordo

[15:34] Akurei Sieyes (COM): huh?

[15:34] Agares Tretiak: I agree with that.

[15:34] Ethan Schuman: I say we take a vote on whether or not to let up to 25% of their sales go to Ordo, or change the percentage rate.

[15:34] Sekonda Huet: It's not like you're selling them to buy extra coffee.

[15:35] Sekonda Huet: You're selling them to buy land tier to keep this place up and running and free.

[15:35] Agares Tretiak: If eel that any retired Ordo equipment is something that should fun ORdo, 100%

[15:35] Anlysia Gregoire: Yeah uh I like not having a tip jar in the hub.

[15:35] Joseph Spearmann: As I said before, since they were made for Ordo, the sales from them should go back directly to pay for Ordo. Such as sim upkeep. and when there's leftover, you pool that together for projects or low economy points.

[15:35] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Kronus Gaffer

[15:35] Aryte Vesperia: I agree. But the problem is . . what if they don't make enough?

[15:35] Aryte Vesperia: Currently Ordo is "double dipping."

[15:35] Aryte Vesperia: It's taking 80k for Titan.

[15:35] Tenichi Yohkoh is Online

[15:35] Joseph Spearmann: Then you dip into the regular sales

[15:35] Aryte Vesperia: And receiving extra.

[15:36] Ethan Schuman: Then let's stop the double dipping by making part of the Ordo weapon revenue go back to Titan after Ordo tax.

[15:36] Ethan Schuman: OR

[15:36] Agares Tretiak: Sir, I'm saying you takle a set percentage, now, from all new products that arent' former ORdo issue weapons. That a set % of those sales always goes twoards the Ordo.

[15:36] Joseph Spearmann: Ordo Tax?

[15:37] Aryte Vesperia: Here is my biggest issue:

[15:37] Sekonda Huet: The selection of a weapon should be based on what people acctually want to buy guns for. Is it for combat, private army or role playing or in some instances just to look pretty on your avatar.

[15:37] Sosarin Demar is Online

[15:37] Ethan Schuman: Use the sales from Ordo weapons to cover our deduction first, and THEN go divy up the remaining burden among the private sale weapons.

[15:37] Aryte Vesperia: Balance. We can't take a % of every gun, give Ordo all $ for the ex-Ordo guns, and then take 80k on top for Titan th e sim.

[15:37] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Cheeso Szydlowska

[15:37] Aryte Vesperia: That's like.

[15:38] Aryte Vesperia: Well we /could/, but it'd be mean.

[15:38] Sam Darrow is Online

[15:38] Sekonda Huet: The maintaining of Titan is the highest priority. If someone wants to supply a weapon to seek profit then they should go elsewhere but there are people here who manufacture guns simply to make the place better.

[15:38] Aryte Vesperia: But we also have to ensure our bases are covered, while building for the future.

[15:38] Joseph Spearmann: ......

[15:38] Anlysia Gregoire: Then maybe we should just pay flat rate, on submission of a weapon. We buy it from the creator. In most cases, they're just submitting a model, especially with TIAMAT (which we'll get to in a bit).

[15:38] Sakito Nakamichi is Online

[15:38] Anlysia Gregoire: Just buy it out as a commission fee.

[15:39] Tiridates Mikadze: INvesting in the infrastructure of Titan Industries and the talents therein opens more possibilities.

[15:39] Kraa String: Then you have the possibility of said individual selling it elsewhere

[15:39] Sekonda Huet (COM): Give them the choice of donating the weapon or giving the weapon for a percentage of each sale of the gun.

[15:39] Ethan Schuman: Here, how about this... we split the sim fee up onto both pay weeks. L$50,000 each period goes to Ordo, and proceeds from Ordo gear is used to cover as much of it as possible. The remnant fee is then divided up on the private sale weapons.

[15:39] Sekonda Huet: Oh totally wrong channel awesome

[15:39] Kraa String (COM): :o

[15:39] Sekonda Huet (COM): Said god

[15:39] Sly Axon: I dont see why that wont work.

[15:40] Desereck Creeggan is Online

[15:40] Sly Axon: It's like paying towards the loan principal

[15:40] Sly Axon: Which lowers your outstanding balance (the 50k)

[15:40] Keller Teichmann: Paying a flat commission fee would unleash a whole new evil. Egos are more likely to come into play when developers can look at another chap in the department and go "WTF Y HE PAID SO MUCH I BETTER". c_c

[15:40] Sly Axon: Which takes less from the percentages.

[15:40] Tung Hotaling is Online

[15:40] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Jester Spearmann

[15:41] Maximillion Edgeworth is Online

[15:41] Ethan Schuman: Let's say Ordo guns make L$27,000 one week. We take that out of the 50K Ordo cut, then divide the remaining 23,000 up. Ordo gets more money per month that way, and the private creators will likely see an INCREASE in overall pay.

[15:41] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Tenaki Kupferberg

[15:41] Lumi Inada is Online

[15:41] Lupus Mielziner (COM): greetings everypme amd sry that im late RL issues ..

[15:41] Sly Axon: exactly

[15:41] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Silver Meridoc

[15:41] Tenaki Kupferberg is Online

[15:41] Sosarin Demar is Online

[15:41] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Desereck Creeggan

[15:41] Xayvien Rau (COM): When is the meeting?

[15:41] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Keller Teichmann

[15:41] Sekonda Huet (COM): 41 minutes ago

[15:42] Anlysia Gregoire (COM): Now.

[15:42] Xayvien Rau (COM): Ah, shit. Haha.

[15:42] Tiridates Mikadze: Okay, well, here's a question: what's the average intake from Titan Industries right now? How much of that is currently Ordo Gear? How much are our upkeep costs for TI, and how much for Ordo? What do we project as being future sales? I mean, seriously, if we have some numbers, we can work this out, I think.

[15:42] Keller Teichmann is Online

[15:42] Xayvien Rau (COM): Of course it's on the God damned moon... >_>

[15:42] Aryte Vesperia: Makes sense, Ethan.

[15:42] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Malek Ishtari

[15:42] Keller Teichmann: My statement was apparently so stupid it killed my client.

[15:42] Anlysia Gregoire: The average of Ordo gear will be skewed because it's the brand-newest gear, everything else is quite old.

[15:43] Ethan Schuman: Problem with that, Tiri, is that our Ordo releases are new. We don't have reliable numbers just quite yet.

[15:43] Proteus Hand is Online

[15:43] Aryte Vesperia: But would we be building at all then?

[15:43] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Kitsy Bunnyhug

[15:43] Samia Perun: Ethans plan is the most financially sound one at the moment, its a nice catch-all safety net.

[15:43] Tiridates Mikadze: I'm aware of that.

[15:43] Jester Spearmann is Online

[15:43] Sekonda Huet: What's the biggest selling range? Pistols/Rifles or Starwars/Warhammer stuff?

[15:43] Keller Teichmann: Aye, the average will be tipped, but once the developers' projects get going, it'll tip back towards Titan made guns.

[15:43] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Jester Spearmann

[15:43] Endra Ashbourne: Also, with future products - how many more decommissioned Ordo items will we be adding? As Aryte said, sales will drop off as they get older.

[15:43] Kraa String: Create a seperate line

[15:44] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Blameux Scribe

[15:44] Kraa String: "Ordo Surplus" or somthing along those lines

[15:44] Sekonda Huet: No that just cheapens them.

[15:44] Anlysia Gregoire: It's already the "stuff that's not two years old" line. :p

[15:44] Xayvien Rau: Has someone brought up the line of Team Fortress 2 guns being made for Titan Industries yet? Considering that will bring in immense cash flow.

[15:44] Sekonda Huet: For weapons that are two years old they are still popular tho.

[15:44] Tiridates Mikadze: I'm curious what numbers we have at current, and see if we can't begin watching the market's movements to better bolster our sales and releases, in addition to figuring a way to adapt a sensible division of funds.

[15:44] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Tiridates Mikadze

[15:44] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Keller Teichmann

[15:44] Keller Teichmann: Aye, once Keystone's guns are scripted, that'll be a definite kick.

[15:44] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Sekonda Huet

[15:44] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Lupus Mielziner

[15:44] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Samia Perun

[15:45] Agares Tretiak: I'd like to know if all future, non-Ordo weapons will contribute a certain percentage of profits to the Ordo. Even 25-30% of the profits from new weapon's sales per pay period, could quickly give the Ordo a large cash reserve.

[15:45] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Jayce Iredell

[15:45] Ethan Schuman: I think it'd be a good idea to explain how the current Titan pay system works.

[15:45] Agares Tretiak: NEw, as in Not Old Ordo weapons, or the oens we are currently selling.

[15:45] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Blaze Wiles

[15:46] Jayce Iredell is Online

[15:46] Silver Meridoc is Online

[15:46] Xayvien Rau: Only reason I brought up the Team Fortress 2 guns (And spoke in the mass of clustering) is because Miller's is dead and abandoned a huge area of market. To build...Furniture.

[15:46] Blameux Scribe is Online

[15:46] Aryte Vesperia: Ordo's surplus line will be all but expended for the foreseeable future.

[15:46] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Silver Meridoc

[15:46] Agares Tretiak: I agree.

[15:47] Agares Tretiak: So shouldn't there be a set % of all new weapons sales going to the Ordo?

[15:47] Keller Teichmann: Off the top of my head, all we can add to that line would be the old Judy, the Mp5k once it's replaced... SRAW's already on the market.

[15:47] Tiridates Mikadze: I think we're approaching this too rapidly. Without data to determine some sort of basis, we're making shots in the dark as to how to handle the finances.

[15:47] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Teron Gray

[15:47] Kraa String: Would we want to sell the Old Judy?

[15:47] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Blameux Scribe

[15:47] Kraa String: Considering its nature and firepower?

[15:47] Anlysia Gregoire: We already do. It's called the Plasma Rifle. ;3

[15:47] Kraa String: Ooooh I thought I recognised it

[15:48] Keller Teichmann: Aye, and the judy doesn't look as bad when you consider the M3 can fire eight explosive shells with a single click. c_c

[15:48] Anlysia Gregoire: And as far I understand, Tiri, this is just idea-brainstorming session, not policy-making.

[15:48] Xayvien Rau: In the distant future I think it was mentioned if the armor for Ordo is ever replaced, to make the current armor a commercial product, but that might be rumor. Although if that did happen it would be funny seeing people who stole our armor have really nothing to Grief with aside from a store-bought product.

[15:48] Object whispers: Agares Tretiak please wait 10 seconds before launching another craft..

[15:48] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Jayce Iredell

[15:49] Xayvien Rau continues tossing ideas into the dark to fit in.

[15:50] Adrastos Fhang is Online

[15:50] Kraa String: Some of the old mechs would make a fair bit for a while

[15:50] Hejnal Hykova is Online

[15:50] Kraa String: The ones we dont use anymore... like the big thing with the cannon on its shoulder

[15:50] Kitsy Bunnyhug is Online

[15:50] Keller Teichmann: the Punisher

[15:50] Kraa String: Yes that

[15:50] Xayvien Rau: Decommissioned gear would require lot's of scripting to be hacked apart, and if done wrong could ruin the product completely.

[15:50] Akurei Sieyes: can that be sold? it's keno's.

[15:50] Agares Tretiak: The punisher would need to be modified slightly.

[15:50] Kraa String: He gave it to the Ordo didnt he?

[15:50] Tiridates Mikadze: I'm afraid I ahve to go.

[15:50] Cheeso Szydlowska is Online

[15:50] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Kitsy Bunnyhug

[15:50] Agares Tretiak: I.E. a cooldown for its cannons.

[15:50] Aryte Vesperia: Bye.

[15:51] Kraa String: Cya Tiri

[15:51] Tiridates Mikadze: Agares, please provide me a copy of the meeting :<

[15:51] Endra Ashbourne: Bye Tiri

[15:51] Agares Tretiak: Will do.

[15:51] Kraa String: If it was given to the Ordo then surely it belongs to us?

[15:51] Aryte Vesperia: What was?

[15:51] Kraa String: The Punisher

[15:51] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Tiridates Mikadze

[15:51] Agares Tretiak: Punisher.

[15:51] Agares Tretiak: That is a tangent, however.

[15:51] Console Mission is Online

[15:51] Akurei Sieyes: I thought that's why we replaced it.

[15:52] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Tenaki Kupferberg

[15:52] Syxx Craig is Online

[15:52] Ethan Schuman: Personally, I think there' one thing we're sitting on top of that could make a HUGE amount of Linden.

[15:52] Aryte Vesperia: Being spammed by my girlfriend.

[15:52] Kraa String: The Moonbase?

[15:52] Aryte Vesperia: Always when I am doing something, never when I am not busy.

[15:53] Anlysia Gregoire: Selling Kanaki to third-world countries to eat?

[15:53] Kraa String: XD

[15:53] Object whispers: Anlysia Gregoire please wait 10 seconds before launching another craft..

[15:53] Ethan Schuman: Actually, make that two things. The first: We could charge a flat 10k rate to script guns for RP organizations.

[15:53] Ethan Schuman: I mean, once TIAMAT is done, that'd be like a 5 minute job for me.

[15:53] Nadav Vaher is Online

[15:54] Kraa String: I dont mean to sound like an idiot but TIAMAT?

[15:54] Anlysia Gregoire: Getting to it.

[15:54] Anlysia Gregoire: We're sort of working backwards on that point. Haha.

[15:54] Aryte Vesperia: We're straying really far.

[15:54] Ethan Schuman: Titan Industries Attribute Mapping for Armaments Technology. I'll explain it later.

[15:54] Kraa String: Aaah ok

[15:54] Xayvien Rau: I think in the future as newer products begin flooding the store the older products could be put into some 'Retro' collection of guns. Considering that despite nice PhotoShop banners, old guns look old regardless. Haha.

[15:55] Console Mission is Online

[15:55] Sam Darrow is Online

[15:55] Anlysia Gregoire: Maybe we should just go off this topic for now, because, we obviously don't have a clear direction to go yet.

[15:55] Anlysia Gregoire: So it's just going in circles.

[15:55] MikeMurdock McMillan is Online

[15:55] Ethan Schuman: I wonder if the Vae Victus would generate cash flow.

[15:55] Kraa String: There is a good market for that

[15:55] Anlysia Gregoire: That's Keno's. And he sold it.

[15:55] Kraa String: HOWEVER

[15:55] Kraa String: Oh

[15:55] Kraa String: nm then

[15:55] Console Mission: halp

[15:55] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: ribena Homewood

[15:55] Kraa String: I was gonna say it would have been good to get it scripted for flight

[15:55] Xayvien Rau: Vae Victus, paint it red, and then sell one to Dark for 100K.

[15:56] Kraa String: hehehehe

[15:56] Anlysia Gregoire: If you tried to move like 6000 prims you'd kill a sim.

[15:56] Kraa String: 6k prims

[15:56] Kraa String: ouch

[15:56] Kraa String: It would need to be considerably downsized

[15:56] Agares Tretiak: ...this is a tangent. Let's focus more on the subject at hand.

[15:57] Anlysia Gregoire: Anyway, like I said...we're going nowhere on this topic.

[15:57] Caine Constantine is Online

[15:57] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Vinnie Lei

[15:57] Anoki Chajit is Online

[15:57] Anlysia Gregoire: Maybe we should just move on and come back to this at a later date, with more information in hand.

[15:57] Xayvien Rau: Well, it's a collection of roughly twenty topics now.

[15:57] Anlysia Gregoire: Like Tiridates said, we need more data.

[15:57] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Williamca Zenovka

[15:57] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Williamca Zenovka

[15:57] Lupus Mielziner: i just want to throw i thing in to this topic before we go out of that topic ... ..

[15:58] Agares Tretiak: Aye. HArd numbers allow for a better concept of what we're looking at.

[15:58] Smulet Back is Online

[15:58] Anoki Chajit is Online

[15:58] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Blameux Scribe

[15:59] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: ribena Homewood

[15:59] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Kronus Gaffer

[15:59] Aryte Vesperia: Hm.

[16:00] Aryte Vesperia: I really don't know. I don't presume everyone will ever agree, either.

[16:00] Lupus Mielziner: the global like out products new ans old .. we should keep the old stuff in a "retrou line and rebuild thmem wit better quality up to date also we should focus on the calls from the ppl i dont know i got tousend and tousends of tells on the walls if our armor are for sell or not ... i think that could be a good marked too for titan starwars warhammer armor stuff or accesoriers for it armor parts cloths .. maybe too ... sry i im a bit late to call it out but my english sux and i needed a bit to read in the iold topic .... ect ..

[16:01] Anlysia Gregoire: That's something I brought up with Aryte yesterday, Lupus, re-releasing the old guns with new scripts. As for making armour, etc, that's up to what the development staff comes up with, and what they actually want to make.

[16:01] Ethan Schuman: I'm going to need an extended AFK here pretty quick. Anything you need me to go over before I go?

[16:01] Aryte Vesperia: No.

[16:02] Vorlon Bikcin is Online

[16:02] Ethan Schuman: Alright. Be back shortly.

[16:02] Lupus Mielziner: like i sayed sry if i bring it up agai nor on a wrong moment i got problems to follow fast crossing conversations ....

[16:02] Aryte Vesperia: We have a lot of options.

[16:02] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Desereck Creeggan

[16:02] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Console Mission

[16:02] Aryte Vesperia: Joseph, let me ask you this.

[16:03] Joseph Spearmann: ?

[16:03] Silver Meridoc (COM): heading off for class, cya in an hour ya'll

[16:04] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Silver Meridoc

[16:04] Aryte Vesperia: Would it be more fair to put the Ordo guns into the pot for general pay, and tithe a smaller % from all weapons across the board? Or, take the Ordo guns (and donations of % from willing parties)?

[16:05] Poon Voom is Online

[16:05] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Kono Kestenbaum

[16:05] Agares Tretiak: Afk, for a bit. Sorry.

[16:06] Console Mission: I think if you worked on it, you get paid for it... if you didn't do anything you should get paid nothing till you do something :T

[16:06] Dragon Massiel is Online

[16:07] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Williamca Zenovka

[16:07] Console Mission: unless i'm missing the point >_>

[16:08] Joseph Spearmann: Like I said before, the old ordo guns should be the first part of paying off Titan. Now, a % off the top for vendor rental, Ratin upkeep is of course more then reasonable. And when the pooled money from Ordo sales arent enough to pay for tier for Titan, then you dip into the funds off of the general sales. Now, if certain builders and scripters of the non Ordo related members are willing to put in more of their pay towards Ordo, that's perfectly fine and can be arranged directly with you. But all of them should have a choice in it.

[16:08] Aryte Vesperia: We're discussing how to cover Titan's expenses.

[16:08] Aryte Vesperia: While being fair.

[16:08] Console Mission: ah

[16:08] Joseph Spearmann: non ordo related projects I meant to say

[16:09] Smulet Back is Online

[16:09] Console Mission: i thought the old system was sorta fair...

[16:09] Aryte Vesperia: And how do we build a pool of reserve funds, or $ for further purchases?

[16:09] Console Mission: we make up to what the cost of the sim and store costs, then ration out the rest based on work done on what product

[16:10] Ahnoh Echegaray is Online

[16:10] Console Mission: if the numbers are low, the product isn't up to the standard that people want, or the advertising for it isn't enough

[16:10] Joseph Spearmann: Donations from members, stick back to people building the items simply because they want to contribute, or make reserves from when the Ordo related guns sell over the quota.

[16:11] Sekonda Huet: Suggest giving one week of sales back for the purposes of developing a kitty for research and development?

[16:11] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Ahnoh Echegaray

[16:11] Anlysia Gregoire: a) Donations suck, b) depending on charity is still donations, c) the Ordo items are eventually going to fall off in terms of existing, and then in terms of sales.

[16:11] Joseph Spearmann: Because honestly I never knew we were in the habbit of paying for Ordo's gear to be made. Demo never charged to my understanding.

[16:11] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Williamca Zenovka

[16:11] Aryte Vesperia: We're not.

[16:12] Aryte Vesperia: The purchase is land, etc.

[16:12] Lupus Mielziner: e) some pll like me cnt donate money ... even if they want ..

[16:12] Anlysia Gregoire: We have...let's see, I had notes here. I think two more items in the line to move from Ordo to Titan in the near future, and one of those is only hopeful.

[16:12] Sekonda Huet: I meant from those who make money off sales Lupus

[16:12] Joseph Spearmann: If we're having trouble alot of the times just making Titan's upkeep, another sim shouldn't even be on the table of discussion.

[16:12] Anlysia Gregoire: The SRAW, and the Astra MP5K.

[16:13] Aryte Vesperia: That was the whole point of rebuilding Titan, to build up to a new sim.

[16:13] Sekonda Huet: Is the Sraw worth putting out there?

[16:13] Sekonda Huet: How many people want to buy anti tank guns?

[16:13] Akurei Sieyes: it works good.

[16:13] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a:

Name: Sly Axon

Division: Praetorians

Listed rank: Spec1 - Praetorian

[16:13] Console Mission: people always love huge anime guns :V

[16:13] Roo Tenk is Online

[16:14] Lumi Inada is Online

[16:14] Anlysia Gregoire: Sekonda, virtual "inventory" means that carrying another item costs us...exactly two prims in the store. There's no point to _not_ putting it there.

[16:14] Trevor Russell is Online

[16:15] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Ahnoh Echegaray

[16:15] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Dragon Massiel

[16:15] Joseph Spearmann: Honestly, unless Titan starts getting alot of new stuff out there, different markets, more things to choose from, we're going to doom ourselves to collapse and losing both sims if you're really pushing towards a second sim.

[16:15] Joseph Spearmann: Make sure one sim is self sufficient first. Then move on towards the other.

[16:16] Aryte Vesperia: That is the intent. But the dicussion is how do we fairly compensate.

[16:16] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Trevor Russell

[16:16] Aryte Vesperia: You know, we'll come back to this topic and stick to what we're doing for now until our product line is more expansive.

[16:16] Console Mission: set precentages of income based on what you've worked on

[16:16] Aryte Vesperia: Do you feel last payroll was acceptable, the way it was set, Joseph?

[16:17] Joseph Spearmann: All but Timmahy's overly high pay check.

[16:17] Aryte Vesperia: Perfect. Then our current model will do until we reach this topic in the future.

[16:17] Console Mission: tru.dat

[16:17] Joseph Spearmann: And I'm not blaming the short pay on the new system, I know the economy for SW weapons is dead right now.

[16:17] Aryte Vesperia: Let's move on before we spend all day. Good discussion, though. Thank you.

[16:18] Nivanglus Aya is Online

[16:18] Aryte Vesperia: Current products: revamp, destroy . . salvage?

[16:19] Foxen Shui is Online

[16:19] Anlysia Gregoire: Like I said, inventory costs us literally nothing but prims, so there's not a lot to be gained by simply writing it off.

[16:19] Joseph Spearmann: Warhammer line, we know Steff's revamping.

[16:19] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Console Mission

[16:19] Joseph Spearmann: Star Wars has already been redone.

[16:19] Aryte Vesperia: Warhammer line is being overhauled. But what abut some of our old, old?

[16:19] Aryte Vesperia: SiG, P90?

[16:19] Anlysia Gregoire: Ethan's TIAMAT can easily salvage the old weapons (and we go over heads, again).

[16:19] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Williamca Zenovka

[16:19] Joseph Spearmann: Replace the p-90

[16:19] Anlysia Gregoire: We should talk about that, sometime.

[16:19] Joseph Spearmann: refresh the SiG

[16:19] Aryte Vesperia: Scripting isn't the only issue. They're getting old and ugly.

[16:19] Keller Teichmann: I could get on that, actually.

[16:20] Anlysia Gregoire: The Bolter has been literally yanked because of that. Being replaced.

[16:20] Anlysia Gregoire: So why not follow the same pattern.

[16:20] Anlysia Gregoire: When a new model is made, pull the old box.

[16:20] Keller Teichmann: I already have a P90 and SiG on my hard drive I can convert to sculpties and fancy up.

[16:20] Aryte Vesperia: Awesome.

[16:20] Sera Otoro (COM): quiet day...

[16:20] Joseph Spearmann: Also, something for the warhammer Line.

[16:20] Aryte Vesperia: Go for it, Keller.

[16:20] Aryte Vesperia (COM): Just a huge Titan meeting up here.

[16:20] Keller Teichmann adds that to his to-do list.

[16:20] Jester Spearmann (COM): yup

[16:20] Jayce Iredell: I showed a picture of the new bolter to a friend of mine, theresponse was acceptable. :)

[16:20] Anlysia Gregoire: When Vlad gets the Bolter out, that basically gives us the entire codebase to do a Bolt Pistol, Storm Bolter, and Heavy Bolter.

[16:21] Akurei Sieyes: they all have the same bullets after all

[16:21] Anlysia Gregoire: Indeed.

[16:21] Aryte Vesperia: Bolt pistol model is done, too.

[16:21] Anlysia Gregoire: There's also Tamos' Tau weapons, which I think Krow mentioned to you vaguely. Lots of people are interested in them, every time I wear it someone asks me about it.

[16:21] Joseph Spearmann: Failius as we all know has moved on and done his own thing. He's getting more and more of his avatars out there. So, we can either try to make a secondary version sold with the regular version thats compatible with his avatars, or start looking for someone to build Titan's own Warhammer AV's.

[16:21] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Kronus Gaffer

[16:22] Akurei Sieyes: hmm that's odd.. why is the orange so dark. c_c;

[16:22] Anlysia Gregoire: Fullbright it?

[16:22] Akurei Sieyes: no it shouldn't be

[16:22] Jayce Iredell: Friend of mine wants to see tau rifle/carbines aswell. (Cause he Xenos scum DX)

[16:22] Joseph Spearmann: Because if we don't try and adapt, we're going to lose sales on that line, as he intends to make his own weapons.

[16:22] Anlysia Gregoire: Moving into avatars for a niche at best line is a risky proposition.

[16:23] Sera Otoro (COM): titan employees only im guessing

[16:23] Anlysia Gregoire: Lots of development, and it's not something we've ever focussed on.

[16:23] Akurei Sieyes (COM): realizes his lighting is messed up. e_e

[16:23] Jayce Iredell: Yeah Joseph, Failius however is not as good at building weapons as he is with Armour.

[16:23] Maks Vendetta is Online

[16:23] Smulet Back is Online

[16:23] Joseph Spearmann: he has other partners in the business

[16:24] Akurei Sieyes: ohh..

[16:24] Akurei Sieyes: ok it's fine.

[16:24] Nevin Korobase is Online

[16:25] Anlysia Gregoire: We should just cross-vendor with him and make weapons that fit his avatars. It's not that hard to scale up a gun. Put his avatars next to our 40k guns, and the same in his shop. He probably gets the better end of it, but, it means people aren't buying his guns to go with his avatars. ;>

[16:25] Lupus Mielziner: raise a hand ... im about to start to build for myself a scout armor mased on the new versions of 40k also the needle rifle .... i would offer that stuff if i get it build like i designet it ... could be done in 2 weeks with sculpts textures scripts .. could be used as test if we get the marked when i reach the detail llv i try to get ...

[16:25] Joseph Spearmann: He won't do that.

[16:25] Lupus Mielziner: mased = based

[16:25] Ahnoh Echegaray is Online

[16:25] Aryte Vesperia: He dislikes us.

[16:25] Jayce Iredell: I know, but we have three more markets that he doesn't have,

[16:26] Anlysia Gregoire: Ah.

[16:26] Jayce Iredell: Bleh

[16:26] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: New contact: Ahnoh Echegaray

[16:26] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Anlysia Gregoire (1): draw

[16:26] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Anlysia Gregoire (1): sling

[16:26] Akurei Sieyes: Depending on smeone else to make stuff to fit with ours and so forth seems like a good idea, untill you consider what will happen when people stop cooperating, also.

[16:26] steve319 Cao is Online

[16:26] Keller Teichmann: Aye.

[16:26] Joseph Spearmann: Yes, but, Warhammer has been one of the largest selling lines for Titan.

[16:26] Aryte Vesperia: Yeah. Need new bolters out asap.

[16:26] Keller Teichmann: They'll probably look out for themselves when the inevitable conflicts come.

[16:27] Aryte Vesperia: Anyways. This was a good chat. I do appreciate you all coming. I am going to have to call up a development meeting way later down the line. I'll keep you all informed and we'll get things in full steam. Uplifting news so far this week: It's only Wednesday and we're at 60k.

[16:27] Anlysia Gregoire: Speaking of which, the new Bolt Pistol should steal from Sera's Ultionis and be 1H, with a Chainsword in the offhand.

[16:27] Anlysia Gregoire: I should IM him that or something.

[16:28] Aryte Vesperia: Huge imporvement thus far.

[16:28] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Anlysia Gregoire (1): draw

[16:28] Aryte Vesperia: More to do. But we'll get to it.

[16:28] Kazeryu Severine is Online

[16:28] Aryte Vesperia: Joe, Ethan, we'll chat later.

[16:29] Ethan Schuman: Back. And yes sir.

[16:29] Aryte Vesperia: Going to dismiss. Need to grab some stuff offline before my next meeting.

[16:29] Aryte Vesperia: Thanks again guys.

[16:29] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Williamca Zenovka

[16:29] Aryte Vesperia: Head down.

[16:29] Aryte Vesperia (COM): Meeting is over, sending minions back down and opening sim.

[16:30] Akurei Sieyes (COM): mini onions

[16:30] Xovit Svarog is Online

[16:30] Vorlon Bikcin is Online

[16:30] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Joseph Spearmann

[16:31] Akurei Sieyes: hm

[16:31] Ordo Utility HUD v1.3a: Lost contact: Jayce Iredell

[16:31] Aryte Vesperia (COM): Sim open.

[16:31] Akurei Sieyes: this is gonna be awesome.

Sorry I missed the meeting. Got called into work (Fuck Petsmart!).

I just read this over. Would it be possible in the future to conduct TI meetings in a more formal, one person talk at a time manner like our weekly Ordo meetings. We might be able to be more thorough. I could see it taking twice as long. But for me, it'd be more than twice as rewarding.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.