Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kristian

Information Request

I am currently working on the new Schola outline and the last phase will go over basic combat strategies and tactics. It will require cadets to pick tactical positions on the map and plan attacks. However i am one fo the fancy flyboys that prefers to follow another bird , gun spraying in fast pursuit so i was hoping if there are some members of Terra that can provide me with good information and suggestions regarding this topic because i don't feel like point out the obvious like "it's better to surround the enemy". I need information from experience. What works in combat and what doesn't? How can you exploit situations, terrain and circumstances. What cover is areas and pieces of cover are trustworthy and what is not.

In shorts : Hints, Tips, Suggestions , Share your Experience!

Thank you

- Kristian Kit

I find that working with small groups, and keeping to cover works well. Outflanking also works well, so trying to move around and position yourself in good places to either ambush or suppress enemy movements provides greater chances of a quick victory.

Trying to keep your armaments diverse means you can give certain people roles they are good at, like sniping, support fire, etc.

Remaining mobile, and moving from position to position prevents the enemy from being able to effective counter your fire with support (rockets, mortars, artillery, machine guns, or just tons of soldiers running towards you) because most of their time will be spent trying to find you, and then get into a position where they can effectively return fire.

Always try to remember who's on your team, so you can easily ask for TPs via Vent, or IMs. Trying to be rambo will get you shot, nine times out of ten, so remember to be cautious.

Battles are won by reducing the number of times your side is killed, the mobility of your forces, and your ability to rely on each person's skills in your force.

If there are mechs deployed by the Ordo in combat, try to remain in front of them and keep enemy infantry from getting near the mechs. The mechs, in turn will lay down ungodly amounts of cover and support fire. If there's artillery (mortars, or soon, the field gun) try to keep an eye out for WHERE it is shooting. It won't do to blunder into an allied artillery salvo.

Ty to keep an eye out for where your people are on the map. If you see someone go down and you're near them, return fire at their assailant, or get ready to ambush them. If someone asks for help in driving someone for cover, try to. This sort of teamwork is what sets Ordo apart from both allies and our enemies.

If you're trying to plan an assault or are just joining a raid, try to know as much about the enemy, their weapons, and the terrain you'll be heading into. If you're an officer, there should be intelligence on this, if you're a grunt, ask questions before the raid, until you feel you know what the plan i and what to expect. No one wants surprises in combat (though they will always happen).

I've got tons more of this stuff, if it's what you're looking for.

Be aware of how the enemy thinks. SOme groups favor head on assaults, or just moving around individually on the map, with people doing their own thing. Some enemies prefer vehicles, others explosives, or specific tactics.

Try to remember the basic rules for any sim you're assaulting. Some do not allow jetpacks. SOme don't like aircraft or vehicles. Keep in mind some have restrictions on the sizes of explosives, the type of weapons or ammo used, etc. It's not a good raid, if you all get banned for not following the written rules.

Try to make use of Ventrillo for communications, since this allows you to disperse and get information as quickly as you can hear. Try to keep communications simple and to the point. The point of communicating during combat is to give as much information in as few words as possible.

remember to be flexible with your planning. You'll likely discover that a battle will not always go your way, so be prepared for contingencies or even to improvise or change your plan of attack to meet the conditions you're facing on the ground.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.