Clicky

Agares Tretiak

Properly addressing your superiors.

I called my rl officers by there first name......

Army doesn't count.

Also: my open door policy in Invictus requires me to be a little informal. Being an officer isn't going to make me alienate myself from my men. As long as they all stay in line, I let them do as they please as long as it's within reason (rules, handbook, etc etc).

Edit: DAMN THIS POST IS OLD! I remember this from 45890345 years ago!

Edited by Krow Ames

Something I wanted to point out since I just thought of it. If an Officer allows you to be informal, then that's fine. We have our own guidelines and expectations on the matter, as well as a standard to uphold. One of the responsibilities we have, and honestly a freedom we relinquish upon attaining Officer status is maintaining proper discipline within the group. This means that we ourselves are not free to run around acting like morons. Trust me, we have severe consequences if we do it.

Keep in mind whenever you are talking with an Officer that if they get onto you about informality, it's not just us being assholes. If we neglect to point these instances out, it's our fault and something we can get punished for. We're all responsible adults. Most importantly, if it really bugs you guys to have to maintain a respectful tone with an officer, do not seek to call them out on it. In the end it will burn you. However, if you cannot maintain a respectful tone with an officer, then do something to cool your jets. If this means informing said officer that you dont want to speak of it right now and want to do so on a later date OR with another officer, then do so by all means. Remember, respect is a two way road.

This brings me onto the subject of reporting said behavior. We all dont want to, but it is one of our duties. If you see an Officer acting in a manner not befitting of his rank, then report it. Dont handle it yourselves. Read above as to why.

The best way to go about handling these issues is, if you have something to say to an Officer that may be construed as disrespectful, think over what you're going to say. If you cannot make it reasonable, then just dont say it. Keep your mouth shut. If you feel it is something needing to be said (and by the way, are willing to pay the price for saying such. Sucks huh?) then send the Officer a private message. Be as respectful as possible, and understand that the point is not to get your way, but to do your duty in maintaining discipline within Ordo. If all else fails, report.

We are all understanding of the concept of compromise. Use it. If an Officer wont work with you on the matter, then it's not the end of the world. Dont take it in that direction and things will go fine.