Clicky

Aryte

Unlocking Equivalents?

I think we should limit the use of miniguns, LMG's, explosive weapons and jetpacks...

All of which are already restricted in their usage, so beyond that is fairly pointless. All you would be left with are occasions where such weapons are allowed for usage against an intended target and no one would really know off-hand who is and isn't allowed to use it in the first place.

From an E1-2 Astra point of view, Being stuck w/ the SMG/pistol for most of our combat (which takes place as med-long range for the most part) Kinda sucks. I rarely use the MP5 unless I'm trying to shoot down jet-packers or i'm pretty close in to the enemy and need a bit higher rate of fire, Otherwise, I use the pistol most of the time. It's accurate, but lacks the ROF that most others have.

My solution to this is that I bought a Bolter. I have yet to be able to use it on raids, as all of the raids I've been on are issued weapons only (Sniping w/ the Pistol! WOOT!) But on Defense, the Bolter is nice thing to have.

The use of aftermarket Small Arms (pistol/SMG/AR) is not something that should be restricted IMO, so long as they meet the limitations of the basic issued weaponry. (I.E. AR w/ a 100 rnd c-clip is probably a bit much imo.)

I admit, Like a day after I graduated Schola, I went out and bought a FOS. Big Badass E1 with a Assault Cannon. Hooah! - Then I realized that It was rather unsporting for the guy attacking to be mowed down by the insane ROF and Ammo cap of the FOS (and all the others w/ it) That I switched back to pistol/MP5 untill I bought the bolter. The FOS only comes out if a mech/vehicle or We're short handed on defense against a larger force.

Restriction of Heavy Weapon equivalents is a good idea IMO. Gives you something to work for and earn, as well as cut down on the 21 minigun salute when someone walks in sim.

On top of that, for qualification/training and whatnot, You're required to have the unlocked ordo weapons anyways, So there's a benefit to unlocking those lower tiers anyways.

Pistol/SMG/AR - Unrestricted (Possible exception, Mag size)

LMG/Minigun/Explosives - equivalent unlock required

And I agree with putting up a vote.

I have to stand by Cyphre in this argument. Allowing the use of commercial firearms, yet saying "You can't use that, you haven't unlocked the SMG pack yet" is kinda silly, and it may irritate some people. Restricting mini guns, because they are just that. . Well we do that already with the current Ordo mini guns, which applies to those who have commercial equivalents.

Again, the argument here is, Do you really want to say, "No, Tesserarius Jeff, you can't use your M1A4 AXE, you're astra and you haven't unlocked the assault riffle pack yet." With the counter argument. "But I bought it because it was old Ordo stuff and it's cool."

Restrict the jetpack, because we're not all supposed to have it in the first place. Restrict the heavy munitions depending on the threat at hand. Said restrictions are already in place, it would be redundant to do it with anything else.