Clicky

Dascede

Informal Gathering - 6/29/09

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you all for joining me this evening. This should be fairly brief and painless.

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: Those of you in the back can hear me, yes?

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: Kuriaface?

[18:00] Jester Spearmann: aye

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: Awesome.

[18:00] Dragon Massiel: yes I mean no

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: The reason I have called you all here is to take the opportunity to touch upon the recent events regarding the EU, along with make some comments on my vacation.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: First off, it is with regret that I am forced to announce that our allies in the Echelon Union have formally crumbled. Roo Tenk, EU Archlord, closed the doors earlier this morning, following an insurrection orchestrated by his officer staff.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: The break-away cadre formed the ‘Tetra Combine’ and has slated an anti-IS stance, with some alignment toward Chaos Decterum.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: The unrest with EU occurred on account of two major reasons: foremost, the belief that the IS was oppressing their ‘traditions,’ and secondly, the belief that Roo Tenk no longer provided active leadership.

[18:02] Snowean Avro: whoever has the radio type /4radio i believv eor remove it

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Those involved in the coup claimed Roo no longer represented them. In all of their resignation letters, comments were made in regards to the Iron Symphony being “oppressive.”

[18:02] Dascede Aluveaux: It's /4 vol

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Quiet please.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: EU fell, not because of the actions of outsiders, but by the lack of faith of those within.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Rather than stay the course, affirm their leadership, and honor their pact . . . they usurped command and welcomed Chaos into the sim, until Roo logged on and was forced to reset the region to get them to leave.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: This is not only a tragedy for EU as our allies, but for the Symphony. We have lost a friend, and replaced it with a foe.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Chaos triumphs this as a “victory,” coining it as “Operation Echelon Heresy.” In reality, Chaos played a minor, if not entirely insignificant role. Their only participation was managing to sit in the sim and litter it with /4/chan photos.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Within the Symphony, remain three organizations. The Collective, the Ordo, and the Merczateers.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Our relationship with the Collective is dire, if not entirely eroded. The Collective has accused us without evidence, claiming we’ve “spied” upon them.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Raideur Ng, their leader, expressed that there is an “uncorrectable” disliking for the Ordo among the MC.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Over the course of a several hour meeting last night, Lurdan Huszar of the Merczateers and I listened to Raideur’s argument. We dissected it and pulled it apart. The claims of Ordo “spying” were preposterous.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: They considered the fact Aelus Janus messaged an MC Officer and asked questions—questions in concern of MC’s security—as spying. An over Ordo officer. In full tag and uniform. Speaking in formal terms. Spying.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: I proposed “then Raideur, what is the difference in you sending MC Officers here the last two weeks to ask questions?” He replied "there isn't one."

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: His second argument was “Ordo conduct.” Lurdan asked “what complaints do you have?” He provided a log of a new Ordo E-1 who called the MC “IS rejects.”

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: I asked, “did you report this to me?” Raideur said no. I assured him that it’d be dealt with and then asked “So what did you do about the MC Officer who lambasted the Ordo as a ‘gay yiffy club’ during an MC command meeting?”

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: He didn’t answer. He then proposed “well, Ordo keep coming to our sim using gear we don’t allow.” I asked. “Did you report it?” He replied. “No.” So I asked. “How is this different from MC visiting Titan, dancing in our spawn, heckling our defenders with signs as they fight off CS?” He replied. “It isn’t.”

[18:09] Xayvien Rau: r

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: So he promptly informed us, “I’m not pushing for this, my men are.”

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Lurdan and I spoke in private after. We affirmed the necessity up holding the ideals of the IS. Greater than that, we affirmed the alliance between the Merczateers and the Ordo.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: It is my prediction we may see an era not unlike many summers ago—the Merczateers and the Ordo shoulder and shoulder, tackling the grid together. I say: glory to our brothers in the Merczateers, then. We welcome this day.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: As I prepare to embark upon my vacation, I lament the destruction brought upon the EU, and I regret the disdain established by the MC. But I take heart in what remains and what’s yet to come. I take heart in the greatness of the group here, my Ordo. My beloved Ordo.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: When I look at the situation that destroyed EU, I am unable to relate. I sympathize, and I understand. But I am truly unable to relate.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: In my time here—right now, at this moment, I look to the crowd before me and see nothing but brotherhood and sincere affection for those I work with.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: It is cheesy. Really cheesy, but it is without a doubt that I am able to say there isn’t a person here that I don’t truly have an affection for. You enrich my time here. You’re the reason I bother logging on.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Yes, even Faril.

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: I know there are days where I am cold and aloof. I know that some of you doubt my sincerity and sometimes feel that I disregard your IMS, or don’t pay attention. For that, I apologize for.

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: My coldness is not direct or intended. It is simply on account of being busy. My respect and affection for you all is paramount. If I had the time to hold 250 conversations at the same time, I’d do it gladly. I affirm, you are all always in my mind and in my heart. I do everything I do, not for myself, but for you.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: I leave tomorrow for a few days, not only as your commander, but as your friend, your family, and your comrade. I know that I leave this group in the hands of the finest people this grid has to offer, and, beyond that, people I value and trust like no other.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you, for everything. Have a fantastic evening and a great week. A schedule will be posted by midnight, detailing plans for the group. Remember, Sosarin is in command in my absence. In addition, I’ll be in touch. Be good and have a wonderful week. I'll be loitering this evening as I pack. Feel free to bug me.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: Dismissed.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia clasps his fist to his chest, presenting a salute.

Its sad that EU went down, Its even more sad for why. Its Ironic that this is the same shit that started EU: Unfounded lack of faith over a good leader.

Furthermore, Its funny that the TC people view the Iron Symphony as "opressive". Im not sure if thats worse than the AISC people who thing we are an alliance, when the IS is just a treaty/pact of sorts not very different to the Geneva Convention. Its a set of governing principles of warfare.

Also... on a less serious note...

"[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: It is cheesy. Really cheesy, but it is without a doubt that I am able to say there isn’t a person here that I don’t truly have an affection for. You enrich my time here. You’re the reason I bother logging on.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Yes, even Faril."

Epic Quote right there.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.