Clicky

Dascede

Informal Gathering - 7/7/09

Imperator's Address - Jul 7 2009; post-vacation.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Let's get started.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: This will be fairly brief.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Essentially, just a mini-weekly meeting, since we missed last week's.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: I would like to take the time to recap events, congratulate some folks, and address recent events.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: After which, I'll resume doing battle with notecard hell.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: To begin, I would like to thank everyone for allowing me to have a fantastic vacation. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, thanks to the individuals who remained behind and held down the fortress. I have nothing but admiration for the efforts of all of you.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Sosarin Demar, beyond all else, your command and control over the group in my absence was exemplary.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: You have infused a faith in me beyond my expectations.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: During my absence, Titan was attacked over twenty times, by various levels of sophistication, at various times. The assaults ranged from outright griefing, to large scale raids by talented foes.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: All incidents were dealt with in a timely manner and properly recorded for my review.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you all, very much, for being steadfast.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: I will be working on promotion and merit arragements for the proper meeting this Saturday, in order to recognize those of you responsible for the excellent standard. I would encourage anyone who was present to provide some help in the way of recommendations.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: At this time, I would also like to recognize all of the volunteers who have stepped up to provide Schola and Armatura a continued presence. Without you, we'd degress back into the stone age pretty quick. Keep up the good work there.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: I have a couple major events to announce-- bad and good news, really.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Foremost, the Iron Symphony's charter is being reinforced to explain the identity and original intent of the IS: we are not a military alliance, but a system of thought.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: As such, all IS groups are not required to maintain an alliance-- they never were. To exercise this, the MC and the Ordo will be going to war in the coming days.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: This is likely no surprise for many of you, as relations with the MC have been dire.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: The Merczateers and the Ordo have affirmed, beyond the Symphony, the strength of our allegiance to one another. In addition, the prospects are high that the Alliance Navy will be joining the IS envelope.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Earlier today, Jason Backer assumed command of the Alliance. He was formerly an AN admiral, prior to joining the Ordo. With my blessing and with full knowledge of his intent to provide an opportunity for the Ordo and AN to prosper together, I've bitten the bullet and married off one of my favorite British people back to his group of origin. Haha.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: As mentioned in the post I made:

Although I must say it is with great regret that I see him leave, I am thrilled and infused with a sense of relief to see the AN now under his watch. Jason is one of the finest, most diligent individuals I have ever met. Beyond that, he has presented a sense of loyalty and honor to the Ordo Imperialis, without pause. It is now a new era, one that has erased years of history and a tendency for xenophobia between the AN and Ordo.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: The Ordo will be providing military, intelligence, and if necessary, developmental support to the Alliance.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: It is our hope to ensure their success, in the face of bold threats from groups like Vanguard.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: Earlier today, Vanguard leader Christoph made the bold claim to the AN "we should ally, so I don't have to send 80 people to your sim all day to destroy you."

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: I have to commend him for his . . uh, clever diplomacy.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: Yesterday, Takkun Gray, Merczateers . . went rogue and returned the Merczateers regions.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: He promptly joined Vanguard and has pledged to do anything he can to destroy the Merczateers. If you've forgotten: Takkun's been making that claim to the Ordo for over a year now.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: We can thank Takkun for sealing Vanguard's death.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Sparta and 2142 reportedly have blacklisted and banned Vanguard.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: CS has approached and requested negotations.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: AN has already given VG the "fuck you."

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Merczateers, MC, and Ordo concur.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: VG just sealed itself into a corner.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: In the most peculiar of ways, VG has served as the catalyst that has launched the very idea of what the IS has tried so hard to be.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Through their flagrant disrespect, and obvious disregard for reality . . . they’ve propagated the success of the IS ideal. A more closed circuit, controlled, respectful combat routine.

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you Christoph-- who, by the way, told a member of the Ordo that "VG attacked Ordo and took over the sim since all the Ordo were at AC."

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: I guess he didn't know we can check Mercury to see when VG was here. :|

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: It's with a certain, almost cynical glee that I am able to high five Christoph and say "thank you for proving to the community what none of us want to be."

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Now that the majority of the Ordo has returned, and I am refreshed after a week of running around complaing how tired I am, I intend to launch full out into the projects I've promised. Curia, Frumentarii, Guard are first up for revision. Prior to which, we will finalize the unlocks (or beat Inoue with a stick).

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: I will stress accountability, not only to myself, but to all command staff.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: It is now our time to ensure the success of the Ordo, and provide for the future of the IS and the community. If it is necessary, command positions will be shuffled.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: The first formal, weekly IS meeting is scheduled for this Sunday at 3:00. I look forward to reporting to you all our discussion and the findings of the gathering.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: I don't look forward to somehow having a billion meetings in the same day, but that's ok.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: We are at 249 members. We have ten new applications on file, most of which seem to have high prospects for acceptance.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Over twenty cadets.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: If we're not at 250 by the end of the week, I am going to strangle Anlysia.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: (That's what she gets for snide comments on Ventrilo.)

[18:27] Anlysia Gregoire: \o/

[18:28] Kytec Switchblade: I'll do it for you. Would be my pleasure.

[18:28] Jayce Iredell: (Gives us a reason to try and prevent our member count from hitting 250)

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: Shh.

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: Set-backs are really unavoidable. I know that bumps will continue to show up on our path.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: I know that many of our goals, pledged or otherwise, may take a lot longer than intended to reach. If ever, really.

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: But beyond that, the presence of hope, faith, and intent to provide are greater than any single feat. We cannot afford to lose our hope, nor our faith. As a group, we will succeed. Even if that means we do so alone. But I don't think that'll be the case. The list of people on "our side" of the fence is suddenly growing a lot larger.

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you for coming. There will be a combat raid organized within the next hour. Aside from that, please check the weekly roster. Do note the "huge fucking battle planned for Saturday" comment.

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: Ah-- to add, I will be rectifying the issue of officers being gunshy at leading raids without my presence. I plan on taking any interested field officer out, and provide them with practice.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: Any quick questions?

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: You are dismissed. Dascede has volunteered to handle the log. Thank you.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia clasps his fist to his chest, presenting a salute.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.