Clicky

Hunter Abrams

Good new everbody

Looks more like a medical disqualification to me XD

I had a friend in the National Guard who got injured at boot camp, had completed pretty much everything required, but went and got injured. Took him another year or so of going through the paperwork to get back in and have all the training count.

Cyphre, something similar happened to me. I enlisted to the Army on February 28th of 2004. I went through the medical on April 15th of 2004. They found nothing wrong with me, and trust me, they looked everywhere and poked everything. I shipped out a few hours later, and at approximately 11:45pm Central Standard Time I arrived at Fort Sill, Oklahoma for basic training. About a week and a half in, I started feeling pain in my feet, but ignored it. About week 6, the pain started becoming unbearable, so I went on sick call and was put on 500mg Naproxin 3 times daily. Week 8, I tore the tendons in my feet, went in to the hospital, and was announced medically unfit for basic training conditions. They then decided I was "EPTS" which I was not told the meaning of until after I was already in outprocessing. I found out later that EPTS stood for Injury Prior to Service. They basically copped out by saying I was hurt before I enlisted, so I was medically discharged from the Army without so much as a pension.

Right now, I have to jump through about a thousand hoops to get back in. I've been talking with a recruiter now for two years about reenlisting, and pretty much I get put through the runaround until they finally tell me the same thing: "If you can fix your feet, you can get back in." So far I've gotten estimates from anywhere between $61,000 and $89,000 for a surgery that MIGHT fix my feet enough to make me medically eligible, but no guarantees it will stay that way. So in essence, the Army screwed me over as well.

And just to add insult to injury, they're going to require me to go back to square one and do all the training I had already passed again.