Clicky

Aryte

Clarification: NCOIC Authority 23SEP09

A situation arose a couple days ago in which a hostile party wished to declare themselves neutral. The NCOIC at the time was informed he/she was not able to make that call and that an officer would have to. I am not within that opinion: an NCOIC has the authority to act as necessary when in command of the region.

IV-413: The highest ranking officer present assumes command during defensive postures, regardless of branch of affiliation (see tier of secession). All authority should be derived directly through the officer in charge (OIC)—dissenting commands, suggestions, or impeding of the OIC is classified as insubordination.

Although title IV-413 does not explicity mention NCOIC, the spirit of the regulation pertains to NCOIC as well. If an officer is present on map but not acting as the OIC, the standing individual--NCOIC or OIC--is the authority responsible for the region. If an officer wishes to chime in and critique the NCOIC, he or she should be /assuming/ command, not going over the standing NCOIC/OIC.

/bump again for confusion. Please read people. It's also in the handbook v2.1.

Request a copy/move to the Reports section where the other simular orders/clarifications are presented (and because it keeps getting harder and harder for me to track it down every time I quote it lol)

/bump again for confusion. Please read people. It's also in the handbook v2.1.

Request a copy/move to the Reports section where the other simular orders/clarifications are presented (and because it keeps getting harder and harder for me to track it down every time I quote it lol)

We are working on a policy repository, to make that easier.