Clicky

Anlysia Gregoire

Munitorium Meeting 110709

Intro

[16:04] Anlysia Gregoire: Okay...we're right about that time, so let's get started.

[16:04] Anlysia Gregoire: This should hopefully be short, I don't have a lot to say.

[16:05] Anlysia Gregoire: We've had a busy couple of weeks, what with like, umpteen projects actually (shock, amazement) going somewhere. As opposed to standing still. Which makes me happy to see.

Project Progress

Las Weapons

[16:05] Anlysia Gregoire: The three Guard Las-weapons are...I believe...just waiting on Aryte to decide what to do with them, right Tsume?

[16:06] Anlysia Gregoire: Tsume apparently goes AFK right as I ask him something.

[16:06] Anlysia Gregoire: Anyway.

[16:06] Mark Karlfeldt: He's giving me shit, he's right thar

[16:07] Tsume Xiao: Yes

[16:08] Tsume Xiao: All three guard weapons are scripted and ready to roll.

[16:08] Tsume Xiao: The current Limiting factor is the animations for the Laspistol, possibly sounds for Hellgun, and what the Imperator want to do with them in terms of what they are set out with.

[16:09] Tsume Xiao: Ethan is providing the Bolter animations for the Laspistol.

[16:09] Anlysia Gregoire: (Bolt Pistol?)

[16:09] Tsume Xiao: Eventually.

[16:09] Tsume Xiao: Yes.

[16:09] Tsume Xiao: The Titan wield 40k things.

[16:09] Anlysia Gregoire: Haha.

Negev

[16:09] Anlysia Gregoire: Uhm...what else. The Negev is...waiting on those two textures from Keller, right? Poor fish has been sick so he hasn't finished them.

[16:10] Keller Teichmann: I'm getting better!

[16:11] Keller Teichmann: I feeeel happpyyy </Monty Python>

[16:11] Anlysia Gregoire: Haha. Other than that, I think it's about complete, isn't it?

[16:11] Keller Teichmann: Working on them as we speak, so tonight likely.

[16:11] Tsume Xiao: Yes It is.

Eversor

[16:12] Anlysia Gregoire: The Eversor...I have one right now...5.0f or whatever the version I have is. It's got a couple bugs in it that I've told Sera about. I'm not sure who else has it in-hand to play with, but it seems pretty far-along. Kytec, have you been using it?

[16:13] Anlysia Gregoire: (If he's paying attention.)

[16:13] Anlysia Gregoire: (He's probably not.)

[16:13] Mark Karlfeldt: >_>

[16:13] Kytec Switchblade: yes i have been using it

[16:14] Anlysia Gregoire: How's it working out for you?

[16:14] Kytec Switchblade: It's great except it seems to lock up a bit more in lag than other guns. Not sure why

[16:14] Anlysia Gregoire: I noticed that too. I'll mention it to Sera.

[16:14] Kytec Switchblade: if you unload a magazine and hold down left click it continues firing, but without sound

[16:14] Kytec Switchblade: dont know if thats fixable

[16:15] Anlysia Gregoire: Yeah that's fixable. Just annoying to workaround.

[16:15] Kytec Switchblade: it's not a big problem

Praetorian Hammer / Halberd

[16:15] Anlysia Gregoire: Uhm...while I have your attention, and hopefully Tenaki's...the Halberd and Hammer. How are those treating you in testing?

[16:15] Anlysia Gregoire: I don't have them, personally, so I'm relying on third-party information.

[16:17] Tenaki Kupferberg: I haven't been useing it.

[16:18] Anlysia Gregoire: Looked at those animations so much that it made you sick? ;3

Predator

[16:19] Anlysia Gregoire: Uhm...I just spoke to Ethan about the Predator -- I'm not sure how many of you have access to this thing -- but he said he's had a "breakthrough" on the Predator and some of the sensitivity issues. Which is why he isn't here. :P

[16:19] Anlysia Gregoire: Ethan has a lot of "Eureka!" moments. Probably in the bathtub, too.

Veritas / Intimidator

[16:20] Anlysia Gregoire: Uhm...the tanks. Tsume, what's the word on the Veritas and Intimidator? Did you make any progress on the chassis getting "stuck"? And besides that, what else is left on them?

[16:20] Anlysia Gregoire: I know the SRBM camera thing, but that's a two-second fix.

[16:24] Anlysia Gregoire bops Tsume for being idly. "Anyway."

[16:24] Tsume Xiao: Its been fixed.

[16:24] Tsume Xiao: And Intimidator is having its 20mm tweaked a bit, but is done.

[16:24] Tsume Xiao: As is Veritas.

[16:24] Anlysia Gregoire: You're like the base elevator. Occasionally you get stuck until someone gives you a thump and then you start moving again.

[16:24] Tsume Xiao: ;-;

[16:24] Mark Karlfeldt snerks

Keynote: Testing and Testers

[16:25] Anlysia Gregoire: Alright that moves me into the main thing I wanted to talk about tonight. Testing. Well. Who we give stuff out to, in terms of that. Really, who we hand things out to in general.

[16:25] Anlysia Gregoire: I'll wait on Sera here a second.

[16:27] Anlysia Gregoire: Hi Sera. I waited a minute here for you as this topic relates to you too.

[16:27] Sera Otoro: shoot

[16:28] Anlysia Gregoire: Alrighty. Testing and tester selection. This is something I spoke about a bit some time ago when I started this whole "Imma be your boss and you'll hate me" thing we're doing these days.

[16:28] Anlysia Gregoire: We need a more formal system for tester selection beyond "It looks shiny, let me play with it please, I will nag you until you give it to me".

[16:29] Anlysia Gregoire: For multiple reasons.

[16:29] Anlysia Gregoire: 1.) This system won't provide good feedback, necessarily.

[16:29] Anlysia Gregoire: 2.) This can cut out people who SHOULD receive items on basis to their relation to a project on the grounds of "I've already handed it to umpteen people".

[16:30] Anlysia Gregoire: 3.) Handing out gear to people may later result in them not being allowed to use said gear and being butthurt about it. This is why I specifically did not take any Praetorian gear for myself.

[16:31] Anlysia Gregoire: 4.) And this is the most important one. Handing out items that aren't tested and approved and such to random people is a possible security issue.

[16:31] Anlysia Gregoire: Here's a simple example. Vincent made the Celeritas. That little tank you've all seen. It doesn't do anything or have weapons and uses a script from wherever. But it's fullperm. And it's fullperm with an Ordo logo on the side. So now we could possibly have a fullperm Ordo texture all over the grid. Out of our hands.

[16:32] Mark Karlfeldt: coughcopybotcough

[16:33] Anlysia Gregoire: Copybot is one thing, but that's a legit prim made by a legit Ordo member with a legit Ordo texture applied to it.

[16:33] Anlysia Gregoire: As well, copybot is usually directed in an intentionally malicious manner. Frankly someone who's intending to be intentionally malicious can usually do a lot LESS harm than simply handing an object out to the frothing throngs of fullperm sharing retards that infect the grid everywhere.

[16:35] Mark Karlfeldt: understandable

[16:35] Anlysia Gregoire: To maintain tight control of Ordo assets we need to be accountable to everyone who has access to our gear. Which means that we can't just hand out items that aren't necessarily 100% ready for release willy-nilly. You might forget a perm somewhere, you might have accidentally left a weapon model mod. Who knows. Aryte handed me the Titan Industries M11 as he was filling the box and somehow the model was fullperm, shit happens.

[16:36] Anlysia Gregoire: Scripts and such inside? Properly permed. The model itself? Fullperm.

[16:36] Anlysia Gregoire: Hell, Tsume's done the same thing, handing me a beta of one of his weapons.

[16:36] Tsume Xiao: Yeah, But the difference is that I ask you to check the perms >.>

[16:36] Anlysia Gregoire: That's kind of the point I'm making.

[16:37] Anlysia Gregoire: I'm shortly going to be working on guidelines for handing out items to people, and in concert with that I want to work with a scripter to build a quick little "beta distributor" box. Basically a script to hand an object to a predefined list of people. IE, instead of tweaking a gun and handing it to ten people, you put it in ze box, click ze box, and it gives it to them for you. Easy to maintain.

[16:38] Anlysia Gregoire: And makes sure all our testers are on the same page when it comes to gear.

[16:38] Anlysia Gregoire: I know I've had the third or fourth version of an item before when other people have the first one, just due to the fact that distribution is -- I know -- a pain.

[16:39] Anlysia Gregoire: Anyone have comments on this?

[16:40] Sera Otoro: nope...

[16:41] Anlysia Gregoire: I'm surprised Trevor doesn't. ;3

[16:41] Keller Teichmann: Well, for testers... just speaking as an Alpha squad chap, but will the new guidelines ensure that test versions of weapons are only given to those who actually use them? <_<

[16:42] Anlysia Gregoire: Ideally I'd like to keep things "in the family" with squad gear, really. Minus a couple broad testers like myself. IE, Invictus should test Invictus items; Astra test Astra...etc.

[16:42] Anlysia Gregoire: Also causes less problems with "Who can use this beta" after an item's actually released.

[16:42] Tsume Xiao: I'd Like to ask.

[16:42] Tsume Xiao: To what extent and we flat out tell people "Shut up and stop asking"

[16:42] Keller Teichmann: I'd rather have it so that, once it's out of beta, no one can use it. c_c

[16:43] Tsume Xiao: I am geting tired of "tsume gimme beta pl0x?" and shit like that :/

[16:43] Anlysia Gregoire: Well that should be the goal, Keller. But giving it only to the appropriate people should clear that up somewhat.

[16:43] Tsume Xiao: We need to get that beta tester pool up and working :/

[16:43] Keller Teichmann: I've mostly been adamant about Invictus testing Invictus weapons, and would be mildly ticked to see someone using squad specific gear, especially an out of date version that might be exploitable. :x

[16:43] Anlysia Gregoire: Oh god, exploitable out of date versions...

[16:43] Anlysia Gregoire rezzes 90 detpacks.

[16:43] Tsume Xiao: Anly.

[16:43] Anlysia Gregoire: And Tsume.

[16:43] Tsume Xiao: Infinite W-13

[16:44] Tsume Xiao: NOT AT ALL EXPLOITEABLE

[16:44] Anlysia Gregoire: And as for handing out betas...

[16:44] Anlysia Gregoire: When we're working on that, I'll sneak in the clause, "Talk to Anly" if you want. Beyond your list we determine beforehand, I mean.

[16:45] Anlysia Gregoire: I think part of the beta tester list should be the project lead's idea. As in, some of the eventual users of the item who may have good input. This comes along with actual "testers" who break things.

[16:45] Tsume Xiao: But Keller, that is why the only people who have the Negev that arent in Antesig are Anly and Ruin.

[16:45] Anlysia Gregoire: (And project leads should have one of course. Since they are the determiners of "This is what I want".)

[16:46] Tsume Xiao: (Unless Imperator says otherwise >.>)

[16:46] Anlysia Gregoire: Alrighty...anything else anyone has to say? Or do I power ahead as usual with an idea/system since nobody opposes my figureheadship?

Galil / Galatz

[16:48] Anlysia Gregoire: Oh, actually, one more thing I need to mention. The Galil / Galatz. What's the word on those models? Are they still in limbo?

[16:48] Tsume Xiao: Yes :(

[16:48] Anlysia Gregoire: This is my completely untrained eye talking, but the Galil looks awful similar to the AK5 to me.

[16:49] Vincent Lucerne: O_O

[16:49] Tsume Xiao: The Galil is based upon the RK-something

[16:49] Tsume Xiao: Which is a finnish rifle that is based off the AK47

[16:49] Anlysia Gregoire: Hi Vincent.

[16:49] Tsume Xiao: The Galil that is in the plans is the Galil ARM.

[16:49] Vincent Lucerne: Hey, sorry i was doing some stuff around the house x-x;

[16:49] Tsume Xiao: Full size, 5.56

[16:50] Anlysia Gregoire: Oh that's quite different, yes.

[16:50] Sera Otoro: keller needs help with something...

[16:50] Anlysia Gregoire: And looks more like the AK5 to my blind eyes. Haha.

[16:50] Tsume Xiao: AK5 is all moderny kinda

[16:50] Tsume Xiao: Galil is all, old skewl

[16:50] Anlysia Gregoire: Does anyone have any ideas on getting a model together for this thing? I'm not sure who all we have to tap at this point, honestly.

[16:50] Tsume Xiao: G3A3, FAL, ect era

[16:51] Anlysia Gregoire: http://img.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/product/img/RWS-GALIL-ARM_L.jpg If anyone is interested.

[16:51] Tsume Xiao: Fun Fact

[16:52] Keller Teichmann: I always liked the Galil (was my only gun in CS:S c_c)

[16:52] Tsume Xiao: The Talon is half Galil SAR and Half G3 (short thinger)

[16:52] Keller Teichmann: but the wood grip would stand out -alot- from the armor. c-c

[16:52] Anlysia Gregoire: Well it doesn't "have to" be wood.

[16:52] Tsume Xiao: Yes D:

[16:52] Anlysia Gregoire: Just make it some polyfibercarbonsynthetictechnobullshit material.

[16:52] Tsume Xiao: Well. Technically there is a polymer grip, but it wasnt on the ARM

[16:52] Tsume Xiao: Only the AR

[16:53] Tsume Xiao: Which laced the sexy Bipod multitool

[16:53] Tsume Xiao: *lacked

[16:53] Anlysia Gregoire: "Technically" it's a grip and not required for function. So it can look like whatever.

[16:53] Keller Teichmann: lets not worry too much about the technicalities, only that it looks good, fits in with our appearance, and kills shit extremely efficiently. o3o

[16:53] Tsume Xiao: Actually,, the wood grip was used on teh ARM to prevent OW HOT HAND D:!

[16:53] Anlysia Gregoire: Do you want to stab at it, Keller? I know you have umpteen projects in the pipe.

[16:54] Keller Teichmann: I'd volunteer for it but Lestat would kill me. I need to finish up some TI products first as well.

[16:54] Anlysia Gregoire: Well, honestly, it's going nowhere right now. So if you even started on it and ended up passing off that work to someone else for use in a build it'd be going further than it is right now.

[16:55] Keller Teichmann nods.

[16:55] Anlysia Gregoire: ...a giant paw just flew through my meeting. *sigh*

[16:55] Keller Teichmann: I'll see what I can do in between projects.

[16:55] Anlysia Gregoire: Thank you.

[16:55] Sera Otoro: that was not me by the way...

Open Discussion

[16:56] Anlysia Gregoire: Alrighty...I'll open up discussion now. If anyone has anything they'd like to bring up, go for it. Any comments/concerns/questions/jokes/not-giant-paws?

[16:56] Sera Otoro: keller needs to get a name for the invictus rifle...

[16:56] Vincent Lucerne: I beelt a tank :O

[16:56] Keller Teichmann: Yes, the Invic rifle needs a name.

[16:56] Vincent Lucerne: but yes...names

[16:56] Sera Otoro: and a model, kellers doing it

[16:56] Vincent Lucerne: oo :o

[16:56] Keller Teichmann: I'm probably going to toss it to the squad if no one has anthing particuar

[16:56] Tenaki Kupferberg: Pewpewticus.

[16:57] Sera Otoro: ...

[16:57] Anlysia Gregoire: Haha

[16:57] Anlysia Gregoire: Well we'd need to see what it looks like before picking a name, honestly.

[16:57] Anlysia Gregoire: But that's just IMO.

[16:57] Vincent Lucerne: yea thats a good point :o

[16:57] Keller Teichmann: And yeah, I'm modelling it. And I can proudly say it's unique and fits in more with the armor, rather then the flood of modern gear we get. :F

[16:57] Anlysia Gregoire: And yes Vincent, that Leman Russ is nice.

[16:57] Anlysia Gregoire: Cool, Keller.

[16:57] Sera Otoro: >_>

[16:58] Vincent Lucerne: :D

[16:58] Keller Teichmann: c_c

[16:58] Katsuhito Tal: >_>

[16:58] Vincent Lucerne: <____<

[16:58] Vincent Lucerne: o..o

[16:58] Sera Otoro: i renamed the test rifle to Pewpewticus and gave it to keller...

[16:58] Katsuhito Tal shoots vincent

[16:58] Crash Silverfall is Online

[16:58] Keller Teichmann: :D

[16:58] Anlysia Gregoire: Okay no blowing up my meeting plz. <3

[16:58] Keller Teichmann: OHGOD MY FPS

[16:58] Vincent Lucerne: MUAHAHAHAH

[16:59] Sera Otoro: you suck, i am unaffected

[16:59] Anlysia Gregoire: That looks REALLY good, Vincent.

[16:59] Vincent Lucerne: cept the treads ;-;

[16:59] Katsuhito Tal: X.X

[16:59] Anlysia Gregoire: If you got another tank tread from Nexii you could animate them, via changing the texture.

[16:59] Vincent Lucerne: which im waiting on a sculpter for D:

[16:59] Anlysia Gregoire: Which would look awesome.

[16:59] Vincent Lucerne: :O

[16:59] Vincent Lucerne: it would :O

[16:59] Anlysia Gregoire: TBH I doubt we'll use a Leman Russ.

[16:59] Vincent Lucerne: yea i didnt think so

[16:59] Anlysia Gregoire: But it may be something we could look at putting out via Titan Industries.

[16:59] Vincent Lucerne: HOWEVER

[17:00] Vincent Lucerne: yea

[17:00] Vincent Lucerne: x3

[17:00] Anlysia Gregoire: So you may want to talk to Aryte about that.

[17:00] Vincent Lucerne: I MIGHT

[17:00] Vincent Lucerne: hmmm...

[17:00] Anlysia Gregoire: Would fit well with the various Warhammer 40k stuff.

[17:00] Vincent Lucerne: indeed :D

[17:00] Anlysia Gregoire: Anything else before we close up shop here?

[17:00] Tsume Xiao: No

Outro

[17:02] Anlysia Gregoire: Well, I suppose we can call it here. Haha. Thanks for coming out, people. Stay tuned for your regularly scheduled weekly meeting in an hour.

[17:02] Anlysia Gregoire: I'll probably be right here in my warm chair doing a meeting log. :P

[17:02] Anlysia Gregoire: Next meeting is...in the air presently. As two weeks from today I'll be at MFF and unavailable. And I doubt any of you want to do it. :D

[17:03] Anlysia Gregoire: So you may get a holiday from me talking to you. I'll get back to you closer to then! Thanks for coming. :3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.