Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jayce Iredell

Friendly Reminder.

I have noticed recently a general lull in the professional and what should be restrained nature of our function in regard to group chats. I schola every cadet learns the following in phase five.

Next up is group chat. This is the basic Linden Labs group chat feature: this should never be used for anyone short of an officer, unless under dire circumstances. For example-- if you're alone on base and a large attack force (rare to see, haha!) shows up, it'd be a great time to use group chat. Otherwise, don't, just . . don't use it. If someone does, it's likely an officer announcing combat, or passing along a message.

This as a rule of thumb does extand to all groups outide the ordo that are part of the combat community. Public spawn groups for example, Faces Of The Iron Symphony for another. I should not have to name names here or go into heavy details and what ifs, -JUST DO NOT REPLY!-.

Do not message someone that has erroneously posted a message in one of these groups to make a fool of themselves and thus try to be funny, its immature, and does not need to be encouraged.

I concur, and if I am made aware of any of this kind of behavior or I witness it, I will make sure that it will not continue....

I try to crack down on it but I think it boils down to the fact members push for positions to just do a role to the min to get the task at hand done to show they can have some level of responsibility to push for the next rank; there is little dedication towards the actual enjoyment in the tasks given; we're here for the one thing above all else that Aryte presses for constantly and that fun. No drama, no half assing for roles or ranks. Just enjoy your time and have fun with it all. You have my word I'll be looking out on members for this along side magisters to make sure they are creating a correct mind set and proper layout to our community.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.