Clicky

Knightblade Fayray

Next Modern Warfare Game

Call Of Duty: Colonial Warfare.

Think about it. LONG reload times, 15 seconds, sitting there pumping your musket with the six axis controllers.... Horses, bayonets, wigs, lines of troops firing at each other. It'll be badass.

Battlegrounds 2: A Revolutionary War mod for Half Life 2

Used to play it a lot back in the day, it's surprisingly well-balanced and a lot of fun.

COD7 is Cold War.

Oh shit, is it? That's anywhere from the 50s to the 80s though. Anywhere during that time period would be a nice changeup from all the tacticool rail customization and go back to things from the 50s like big huge primitive infrared snooper scopes on M2 carbines, or one of those Russian APS guns that shoots underwater.

Seriously, imagine an entire mission where you swim around in a frogman suit and shoot people underwater. :awesome:

Knight..... The History Channel made a game called Civil War, on the same Engine that runs CoD2, 3, 4...etc.... anyways yeah, you killed more people with a knife than with any sort of gun. The game was more for historical purposes than actual shooting as warfare where it takes almost a minute to take a second shot fucking sucks. XD

Knight..... The History Channel made a game called Civil War, on the same Engine that runs CoD2, 3, 4...etc.... anyways yeah, you killed more people with a knife than with any sort of gun. The game was more for historical purposes than actual shooting as warfare where it takes almost a minute to take a second shot fucking sucks. XD

Man, that sounds like one of those things that sounds like a great concept that could be really fun, but is bogged down by things like buggy AI, shoddy interface, poor level design, etc.

You could have a medic class that runs around with a knife, digging out lead balls from people's bodies, and sewing em back up. Tons of possibility.

Make a Wii version and use the Wiimote to simulate sawing a leg off of some poor unfortunate kid from Georgia without the aid of morphine or sanitary medical instruments. :awesome:

My only wish is that they go beyond the tacticool-NATO heavy arsenal and get the Russians some actual... y'know, Russian guns. And not do the dual-wielding shotgun bs again.

Yeah, that kinda pissed me off. The AK-47 was phased out of the Russian military in 1974 and replaced by the AK-74. I believe that's since been replaced by the AK-101 and AK-102, which is a 5.56mm NATO variant. Russian ground forces also still see some degree of use out of the AN-94, which is a really interesting gun, both mechanically and functionally.

But y'know, Call of Duty has to keep things familiar to gamers, who are used to Desert Eagles and M82 FIDDY CALZ so the Russian army naturally invades America with 7.62mm AK-47s (which are appropriately inaccurate as hell, which is dumb because the more modern smaller-caliber AKs are actually very low-recoil and about as accurate as your average US issue M4), but decked out with the kind of fancy plastic furniture you buy for your MAK-90 from Tapco to make them more "modern" cuz it's Modern Warfare, right?

However, that I can forgive just because they put a FAL in there and kept it semi-auto. I fucking love the FAL enough that it makes up for the oversights regarding the Kalashnikov and the dual-weilding bullshit and the goddamn Desert Eagle.

On that note, fuck the shit out of the goddamn .50 AE Desert Eagle. It's absolutely not good for anything you could ever actually use a gun for. It's too heavy and unwieldy for combat, too bulky for concealed carry, too powerful for home defense, too inaccurate for hunting, and too expensive for plinking (the gun itself is about $1500, and .50 AE is up to $2.50 per bullet).

I held a Desert eagle once in a gun shop.

I could actually feel my penis start to shrink, so I had to hand it back as soon as I touched it.

Aaanyway I like how the standard issue M16 isn't available till level 40 and yet the M4 is up for multiplay right out of the box.

Next call of duty should be in Nam.

COD7 is Cold War.

That's what I heard too, but I was told that Treyarch is making it *Thank god, Insert Generic Infinity Ward flame here*

I'm just wondering if it's going to be Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan *Unlikley*, or Fictional World War III,

If you've played World in Conflict, you'd know what I was talking about. *Cold war goes hot, Soviet Union smashes down the Berlin wall and invades Europe and later America*, That would be Sick..

I likley wouldn't buy it if it was Vietnam, since Vietnam war games are almost as common as World War II, I've never seen a good shooter/action game based on the Korean war, besides Mercenaries, But that wasn't exaclty the 1950's Korean war.

Yeah, that kinda pissed me off. The AK-47 was phased out of the Russian military in 1974 and replaced by the AK-74. I believe that's since been replaced by the AK-101 and AK-102, which is a 5.56mm NATO variant. Russian ground forces also still see some degree of use out of the AN-94, which is a really interesting gun, both mechanically and functionally.

Okay Comrade, here goes my gun rant.

The AK-74M is the standard issue for all Russian ground forces.

The AK-101 and 102 are for the EXPORT Market only, they use 5.56 NATO caliber, Russia uses 5.45 as their primary round. In fact, Venezuela is the only country I know about that even uses the 101. aside from surplus models being used by some Russian units. It was basically aimed at being sold to countries that were potentially going to leave NATO, Or had excess amounts of NATO ammuntion, but needed new weaponry, IE M16A1s, Etc

Russia, Ukraine, and all those ex-Soviet states have piles upon piles of AKMs and AK-74s, But the AK-74M looks very similar to the 100 series, because they are made of synthetic materials *IE, Black*, as for the AN-94, It is not used by the regular ground forces whatsoever, Spetsnaz, MVD, and OMON use it occasionally, but it was for the most part a failed product. The Russian's next likley standard issue will be the AK-107.

Gasp, Here comes Major gun rant.

AK-101 = Developed for Export only, 5.56mm

AK-102 = Same as AK-101, Shortened barrel and stock.

AK-103 = Used by small numbers of Russian Auxillary units, Prison guards, Police, etc, 7.62mm

AK-104 = Shortened version of the AK-103

AK-105 = Replacement for the AKS-74U, Which is a Carbine made for vehicle Crews, 5.45mm

AK-106 = *DOES NOT EXIST*

AK-107 = Heavily upgraded version of the AK-74M, Uses an automated recoil balance system. 5.45mm

AK-108 = Same as AK-107, Chambered for 5.56mm NATO, Essentially an expensive cousin of the 101/102

AK-47 = The first Kalashnikov Prototype, only moderate numbers were produced, 7.62mm

AKM = THIS is the gun that everyone calls the AK-47, When in fact it is not, THIS is the one that is seen on every corner of the world, The AKM was optimised for easier mass production, stamped reciever, etc. M stands for Modernized, 7.62mm

AK-74 = Replacement for the AKM, Was produced in a large variety, Furniture was made of different coloured wood, Magazines could be made of metal or plastic, etc. 5.45mm

RPK - Kalashnikov Variant with a larger stock, extended barrel and a larger drum magazine.

RPD - Belt fed LMG, NOT from the Kalashnikov Family,

PK/PKM - Belt fed GPMG, Also not from the AK family.

Just for reference, if a weapon has an S somewhere in the name, it means that it either has a folding stock, or no stock, IE, AKS-74, AK-74S, AKMS

If it has a U in the name, it means that the entire weapon is shortened, IE AK-74U and AKS-74U.

Glad I could explain all that, now I feel like a dick

Edited by Kastrenzo Benelli

Korean war would make sense in a fictional setting of current North and South Korean conflict. 'Middle East' countries haven't been exploited so much unless there was a cool new Minesweeper game or rail shooter.. find the IED and disarm! Shoot people who may or may not be civilians! Uncover buried jet fighter aircraft! :D