Dascede

Ordo Meeting - 30JAN10

~ORDO IMPERIALIS~

OFFICIAL DOCUMENT

<=====================Extend to this length=========================>

<===========================================================>

**********Meeting Report**********

NAME/RANK/DIVISION: Dascede Aluveaux | W-1; Triplicarius | Terra

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE: 30 January 2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT: General topics

SUMMARY: Ordo gathered for discussion

============================================================

CHAT LOG:

Meeting Opener

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: All righty, let's get started. Good evening everyone. Thank you for coming.

[18:01] Typhon Perun: Ordo is trhe cool kids.

Imperator’s Report

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: First up, statistics for the week:

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Members, 291. 10 cadets.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: 13 applications, 4 approved, 9 denied, 1 awaiting review.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: 8 offensive deployments, 67 + defensive manuevers (Inoue deleted all the old reports on Wednesday).

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic notes for this week are fairly sparse. The overall situation has remained stable—alike last week, we are still facing a coalition of anti-IS groups.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Currently, we have identified SK, 2142, CS, and BF as core components to the “Anvil Coalition.” Regius is also a member, but, their activity has been sparse. Predominantly, CS and 2142 are the main antagonists against our territory. Sporadic involvements with BF and SK have been . . . non-eventful.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: On the political front, the coalition claims their reason for unification is to counter the overwhelming powers of the IS in combat, stating that our unification is unhealthy, et cetera—the usual “oh the Iron Symphony is a tyrannical force” banter. I will not point out the hypocrisy behind unifying into a coalition to battle the ideology of having a coalition, but, uh. All the more power to them.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: For amusement's sake, their charter: " unified under the purpose of independence and non-partisanship."

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Unified for indpendence.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Independence, rather.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: The Ordo will continue focusing major combat operations on these groups, in collaboration with our allies. Groups unrelated, such as BSM, SF, etc, will continue to serve the purpose of more “training” orientated deployments, and with open allow ability under the guidance of an officer.

Divisional Reports

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Having said that. Unit reports?

[18:05] Lestat Umarov raises hand

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Umarov, for Terra.

Terra

[18:06] Lestat Umarov: Another interesting week for Terra. A lot of combat for the ordo in general in terms of constant attacks from 2142/CS/etc and nightly raids. Development has been moving along. I believe the elite squads have some gear pending release and a trecnhcoat is almost ready to be issued to those in command positions. Now, onto unit reports.

[18:06] Lestat Umarov: From Keller for invictus: "The Vesica AR has been released (and Emerald decided to fubar a texture, which I'm fixing). The squad's been quite active, and looking forward to another week of activity now that we have Teron back from FC/AC/FF/whatever it's called."

[18:06] Lestat Umarov: From ZeroWinged for Antesignani: "Light week; Not much to report on our end outside of awaiting the design sketches for the armor. Welcoming Typhon Perun to the squad, he brings our squads status to full! Good to have you."

[18:07] Lestat Umarov: From Genesis for Cohors B: "This weeks activities in B have slowed just a little; member additions still on the rise as we finally see our third Century being filled. No PRFs done due to minth end; but that means a new month is upon us, lets get those requests going guys! More actitives and exercises still going through the plannign phases as also the situationing and planning of Century leads create new things for you guys, make sure you're bugging your command leads if you wish to help or distribute some of those great ideas."

[18:07] Lestat Umarov: From Ron for Cohors C: "Continuing attempts to raise activity level. Some troops still not accepted the letter fashioned by me. Will probably end up handling Ribenas reports for some time, unless he says otherwise. He will attempt to do them himself."

[18:07] Lestat Umarov: From myself for the Adiutor Staff: "Aside from falling gravely ill earlier in the week I will be taking time after the meeting to work on my "secret project" :|. But really it's the Unit, Soldier, and officer of the month guideline and I'll let everyone know when it's presentable. Aside from that Keller has made some progress on the masks and from what I hear the revolver should be done soon as well."

[18:08] Lestat Umarov: Also, on an unrelated note. If you're gonna make a sergal avi, please try to keep it tru to the species, i.e. not a flamboyant clubgoer sergal. Thanks.

[18:08] Lestat Umarov: Z?

[18:09] Lestat Umarov: I never recieved a report from you.

[18:09] Lestat Umarov: This concludes my report for Terra. Any additional reports may be given at the discretion of the imperator.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Next?

[18:09] Sosarin Demar raises his hand.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Demar.

Astra

[18:10] Sosarin Demar: A rather quiet week for Astra and air combat specifically. Big thanks to Detox and congratulations to Kryo for completion of bomber training. Overall, training queue is empty. Detox Exonar will be going on vacation, so next weeks flight reports should be submitted to me personally. Many thanks. Astra activity levels are lower than the norm, but hopefully will rise back up a little as the spring semester progresses. That concludes this week's report for Astra.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: As a side note, anyone who has ever been curious about giving air combat a try . . I would highly recommend seeing Sosarin. Transfering has no negative effects upon you as an individual.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Any further reports?

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Moving right along, then.

Old Business

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Any old business to bring up tonight?

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: Very good then, moving on to primary discussions.

Keynote Topics

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: I have a few topics to brush on, and then the floor will be open.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: For those of you who’ve been about for a few months (or longer), know how often and how continual our structural and policy is evolving. For the last several months, major changes have been put forth relating to the Praetorian Guard, the promotion system, the Agentes, Tactica, Munitorum, Curia . . . essentially most of our infrastructure.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: Several of these revisions have been ongoing for a considerable time at this point. What I wish to stress is that, even the best laid plans are affected by time constraint and schedule. Throughout my ‘career’ with the Ordo, it has always been a keen interest of mine to ensure any task that is undertaken is completed.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: So by all means, rest assured there will be finality with all of the efforts. I do ask for understanding and apologize personally for the time lapses between the developments of these projects. Many of these efforts, like the Praetorian Guard revision, are a collaborative effort between multiple individuals with laden schedules.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: My own school and work load serves to compound the problem, as what time I have in the Ordo is usually spent maintaining status quo, foreign policy, and providing major decisions on day to day events. There are windows of opportunity that pop up from time to time, allowing those working on projects (myself included) to make major advancements. It’s just a matter of finding those moments of time allowance. We’re getting there.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Questions on that?

[18:18] Lestat Umarov: Kindof :o

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Yes?

[18:19] Lestat Umarov: Could you send me a list of prerequisites or guidelines for grading that you'd like to see for the soldier/unit/officer of the month thingy?

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Uhhr, I could.

[18:20] Lestat Umarov: I'm working on most just want some "you" would like to see in there

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Understood.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Any other questions?

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: Right-ho. Moving on, then.

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: Today’s promotions will be the last round of promotions on the “normal” cycle as we’ve known it thus far. Starting next week, we will be moving closer to the minimum requirement mandates.

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: . The examinations and base requirements are in Firefox’s hands right now, waiting scripting into the database for use. Even if they are not put into the system, promotions will now be handled a bit differently.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Rather than following the normal scenario of “Aryte received a recommendation on Thursday, individual’s recommendation processed by Saturday,” recommendations will be held into a pool and discussed by officers as part of the minimum req system. Promotions will still be announced during the meetings—just not, potentially, within the same week of recommendation.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: The current promotion system in the Ordo is . . . all right, but not to the level of proficiency that befits our current focus on internal development.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: There has been some concern raised that all these extra hurdles and putting the breaks on promotions will be detrimental—several individuals have pointed out that promotions within the Ordo take a considerable amount of time as is. I have a few thoughts on that. Foremost, yes, promotions in the Ordo /do/ take time.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Our ideas of promotions are based upon allocation of authority and willingness to spend time, handling that authority. We do not use promotion for generic merit increase or prestige: rank translates to the ability to exercise power and responsibility.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: As such, it is all too necessary to regulate and ensure that promotions are handed out fairly, with educational attainment attached to it. Too often has rank, in the past, been provided for “ok you did a good job, here’s E-7,” when in reality, an award/merit should have been issued—not an increase in responsibility.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Secondly, I propose that implementing this minimum requirement system and extending recommendations over time will remove arbitrary promotions and provide people a definitive way to achieve promotions.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: It is important to stress that completing the minimum requirement does not guarantee a promotion; however, completing the minimum requirement does flag an individual as desiring promotion. This not only provides an individual education, but it grants an individual a clear way to say “hey, I’d really like to move on from E-2—some authority would be cool.” The current system does not really give this opportunity.

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:31] Scientific Waffle raises hand.

[18:31] Anlysia Gregoire raises a hand too.

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Waffle.

[18:32] Scientific Waffle: To what extent are we involving our servers, Mercury, etc, and if we do heavily involve them, who will have access to these records?

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: The examinations themselves will be on Firefox's server-- same place you list ranks, etc.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: Denotation whether or not someone has passed an exam will show up under the same profile.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: If . . I recall correctly, the profile is generally viewable by Ordo members?

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Gregoire?

[18:36] Anlysia Gregoire: Along with increased scrutiny of increases in rank, are we going to be doing a "sanding down" of ranks, and possibly demoting people into positions that fit their current responsibilities?

[18:36] Anlysia Gregoire: Obviously not disciplinary demotions, mind.

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: No, I don't foresee that. It's not within my nature to strip someone of rank simply because we're re-imagining how rank should be awarded. It'd be punishment, regardless of how it's worded.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Any other questions?

[18:37] Kajo Laval raises his hand

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Laval?

[18:37] Kajo Laval: What might some of these minimum requirements consist of?

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Whhhy, I am glad you asked.

[18:38] Kajo Laval: Just to get a general understanding

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Let me grab the link.

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: Bear with me as I find the memory stick.

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: Durp.

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: There:

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/6797-not-in-effect-yet-posted-for-meeting/

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: Let me stress this line: "As of 26JAN10, all “Armatura” based requirements are temporarily waived. When reinstated, this form will be updated and an announcement provided."

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: Next question?

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia raises his hand. "What about if we already have that rank, sir?"

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: Why, glad you asked, Aryte.

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: Let's say you're an E-4. You do not have to complete any minimum requirement .. things to keep E-5.

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: Er. E-4.

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: Let me try that again without a typo:

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: Let's say you're an E-4. You do not have to complete any minimum requirement .. things to keep E-4.

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: You would, however, need to complete the E-1, E-2, E-3, and E-4 requirements to move on to E-5.

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: Why? Because it's only fair.

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: Any other questions?

[18:44] ZeroNightmare Kaventipovic: oops

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: Yes?

[18:44] ZeroNightmare Kaventipovic: What would happen if we failed the test.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: You would get stoned and dragged into the streets to be ridiculed.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: No, you just get to retake it.

[18:45] ZeroNightmare Kaventipovic: Is there a wait time before retaking it?

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: Mm, not initially, no.

[18:45] ZeroNightmare Kaventipovic: Okay Thank you sir

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: The system will record when you take an exam . . so if you take the E-4 exam 30 times in a day, it'll be obvious.

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: Regardless, it's all writing based. So you can't exactly keep trying over and over until you get it right.

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: You either know the material or you don't.

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: ALL of the topics are pertinent, you can find t he exams here:

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/6509-ordo-promotion-minium-req-exams-a-glimpse/

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: The whole point of the material is to teach skills I feel you should know as part of our formal training.

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: And the time requirements will ensure you get all the informal training to move up.

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: Any other questions?

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: Awesome.

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: Moooving on then.

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: If you're confused as crap, post on the first thread I provided.

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: I'll answer queries there.

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: Annnd the last topic from me tonight:

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: As I mentioned during the first meeting of January, the first focus for this year will be on internal development-- that means a lot of rethinking and reshaping on internal training procedures. Training either makes people go "yaaay!" or go "fuuuuuck" and run away.

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: During combat, the OIC is constantly barking orders and saying "don't do this, don't do that." That is informal education, that, in turn, is passed down by those effected to newer members.

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: And although informal training has really done us pretty damn well, my intent is to slowly but surely loosen up the constraints on officers leading raids. Thus, not only are officers being dipped into heavily formalized training on proper raid leading, but we will see a return of group wide combat trainings on a regular scale.

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: As my schedule permits (lol), I will be hosting major group combat missions. In addition to which, I will be helping officers design and host their own training missions.

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: What is it that most of you think of as "training" in SL? Standing there and shooting at eachother. Sure, that has . . some benefit, but largely it's no where near as eventful as live combat.

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: Thus training will be focussed on teaching individual skills, not pointless "pew pew, lol tp me back."

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: Training, in essence, is practicing elements that you will find or use in real combat. Fighting Ordo vs Ordo is predictable. Not training as we'd like to see it.

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: Thus, you will all see a lot more of skill based practices--- acquainting EVERYONE with drop ships, teleporting manually, holding points for extended periods of time, moving with armor support, moving together with air support, using air support. Essentially, we'll be formalizing common knowledge into Ordo practice.

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: The more prepared we are for situations unusual to us, the better we will perform in any situation.

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: This means things like fighting extensively without jetpacks.

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: Or facing unusual odds-- such as fighting heavy use of armor with just infantry.

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: Some of these scenarios sound familiar? CS, BF ring a bell?

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: So, what I ask of you all is: attend. Don't short-sale officers and myself assuming it's just going to be another "zzz" training spiel.

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: We have a whole sim now to play in-- it'soff to our east, Villa di Caelestis. Open to all Ordo. Visit at will. It'll be renamed to Malleus within the next few days.

[18:57] Anlysia Gregoire: YAY!

[18:57] Maza Rau: *Raises Hand*

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: Eventually, that region will be utilized for outpost combat, etc, etc.

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:58] Aryte Vesperia: Maza, hah.

[18:58] Maza Rau: With the advent of objective heavy sims like mercz rebuild and Villa, will we be seeing inter-IS skirmishes?

[18:58] Maza Rau: intra8

[18:58] Aryte Vesperia: At the time, probably not. We have a huge amount of external armies to deal with, that. . in reality, not a lot of time is there to skirmish with the IS.

[18:59] Kryo Recreant raises a hand.

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Recreant?

[18:59] Kryo Recreant: Will the teleporter be fixed so we don't rez in the walls, Sir?

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: It's fixed.

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: After this meeting I am releasing our new HUD.

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: With all the "goto" points updated.

[18:59] Orangy Ordinary: :D

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: Thank Syl. And Anly for bugging her.

[18:59] Anlysia Gregoire: Also the goto:sim feature.

[19:00] Anlysia Gregoire: Like goto:cati, goto:39th, goto:cs.

[19:00] Aryte Vesperia: Next question?

[19:00] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Xi ao?

[19:01] Aryte Vesperia: The first one.

[19:02] Aryte Vesperia: Any other questions?

[19:03] Aryte Vesperia: Open to general topics at this time.

[19:03] Intus Infinity raises hand.

[19:03] Maza Rau: *Raises Hand*

[19:03] Aryte Vesperia: Intus?

[19:03] Intus Infinity: Website activity up 2.88%. Canada (312), UK (303), Finland (53).

[19:03] Intus Infinity: (proper report on forums later)

[19:03] Anlysia Gregoire raises a hand.

[19:04] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[19:04] Aryte Vesperia: Anlysia?

[19:04] Anlysia Gregoire: For people curious how this new goto: works:

[19:04] Anlysia Gregoire: [19:02] Anlysia Gregoire (Channel 1): goto:sh

[19:03] Ordo HUD 0.3.10: Opening map to region: Hawk Land

[19:05] Anlysia Gregoire: Then you just hit "Teleport" and off you go. :V

[19:05] Anlysia Gregoire: It's all stored in a notecard inside the HUD itself like this:

[19:05] Anlysia Gregoire: cati:Gemmarum Insuls

chaos:Meliae

sh:Hawk Land

[19:05] Typhon Perun raises a hand.

[19:05] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[19:05] Aryte Vesperia: Typhon?

[19:05] Typhon Perun: In regards to the new hud, is there a release time we can look foward to?

[19:06] Aryte Vesperia: In about ten minutes, yes.

[19:06] Typhon Perun: Okay sir, thank you.

[19:06] Maza Rau raises his hand.

[19:06] Aryte Vesperia: Maza?

[19:06] Maza Rau: Recently ran into trouble on the forum with an "unwritten rule" ... The regulation in question was actually hidden and burried in the forum. Would it be possible to keep a dynamic handbook / regulation list on the forum that changes as new policies are put into place?

[19:06] Aryte Vesperia: Is one.

[19:07] Aryte Vesperia: 1 sec:

[19:07] Aryte Vesperia: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/3556-ordo-standing-orders-17jan10/

[19:07] Maza Rau: My fault.

[19:07] Aryte Vesperia: No worries!

[19:07] Aryte Vesperia: Any other topics, questions? :]

[19:08] Aryte Vesperia: Awesome.

[19:08] Aryte Vesperia: Hokaaay.

[19:08] Aryte Vesperia: Promotions.

[19:08] Aryte Vesperia: And PRfs.

Promotions

[19:09] Aryte Vesperia: As always, there's always next week. See your commanding officer if you're curious about recommendation.

[19:09] Aryte Vesperia: [PRFS]

Breadon Constantine

Crash Silverfall

Daiza Dowren

Drasamaz Python

Foxers Fhang

Heavy666 Bolden

Kryo Recreant

Wolfe Hardin + 1 unlock

ZeroNightmare Kaventipovic

[19:10] Aryte Vesperia: [Promotions]

Arokh Takakura - [Recruitment] +25qp

Calegari McMillan - [E-3]

Dain Bellic - [E-3]

Daiza Dowren - [E-4]

Drakeo Petrov - [E-3]

Drasamaz Python - [instructor] +25qp

Jackson Gracemount - [E-2]

[19:10] Aryte Vesperia: Jon Namiboo - [E-3]

Maza Rau - [Prior Service]; [black November]

Mion Jonstone - [E-3]

Nooj Balut - [E-3]

SekRaktaa Scalia - [E-2]

Sesshomaru Kozlov - [E-2]

Shayne Wirefly - [E-2]

Stealok Moskalev - [E-3]

Typhon Perun - [E-4]; [instructor] +25qp

Xyekep Richez - [E-4]

Zacharias Bardasch - [E-3]

[19:11] Aryte Vesperia: I apparently missed two PRFs, checking.

[19:11] Aryte Vesperia: Lupus and Corsi, PRF'd . .ed.

Meeting Closer

[19:12] Aryte Vesperia: All righty.

[19:13] Aryte Vesperia: I will host a large raid in just a bit, so stick around on map if you're looking for combat.

[19:13] Aryte Vesperia: Otherwise, have a wonderful night and dismissed.

[19:13] Aryte Vesperia clasps his fist to his chest, presenting a salute.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.