Clicky

Murcielago Neox

Weapons and tactics

I know there are the obvious tactical differences in the different weapons, but being new I've had some difficulty in choosing what weapon I need to use in different situations, especialy with the limited weapons I have. Please post any notes or tactics you think are useful, I'll post some things I've noticed.

Schola Carbine: Not really as useless as it seems. While inferior in several situations. I've found that during the initial attack of a large number of enemies when lag comes up and bullets begin to become ineffective due to physics lag, switching to the Schola carbine seems to somewhat help get past physics lag. I noticed this when I was at the sniper tower and my Occi was not getting through when several hostiles showed up. I switched to the carbine and sucessfully sniped a couple hostiles.

Occi vs SCAR: While there is the obvious difference in reload time, I noticed that the Occi has a wider spread of rounds than the SCAR when in automatic. (or at least it seemed that way, I have yet to actually document or record the spreads) and found that when firing on an enemy that moves alot, the Occis spread fire helps snag them during their fancy dodges and flips. The SCAR however seemed a better sniper weapon, even in automatic mode.

If I missed anything or you have your own comments please feel free to post them.

Edited by Murcielago Neox

SCAR-H as a primary weapon and the Five Seven as a sidearm . . and a non-issued (but permitted) neck snapper just in case I find a camper.

To me, the SCAR-H somewhat feels more comfortable than all of the other weapons, not to mention it's just sexy. It works great in lag (semi it) and is all around a great gun. And as a sidearm I use the Five Seven, which I usually use more than the SCAR-H, it just gives you a big advantage I think.

Oh, and the neck snapper is just awesome.

There are 3 types of spread used in weapons in teh Ordo (and the grid in general)

-Fixed

-Rez Offset

-Conical

They each function differently, and have advantages and disadvantages.

Fixed

Fixed spread is usually small, and functions with the bullets rezzing in the same position every time they fire. Some weapon use this to rez things to create no spread, where as others use it to creat a small tight spread, usually triangular in nature, that the weapon cycle through.

These weapons are very predictable, and require the least calculations. However, some times they can be unfavorable for some combat situations because they lack spread.

Rez Offset

A variation on the Fixed spread, the Rez Offset creates the illusion of spread by randomizing the res position of the bullet on the X-Y plane withing a given size/distance parameter.

Imagine a picture frame in front of your gun. The bullets will rez anywhere withing that frame, and then continue on that path.

These weapons work well for close quarters combat, where the higher spread SMG's provide a large coverage of the area in front of you. However, the nature of the randomness can make them somewhat unfavorable at long ranges, as they lack predictable precision that can be found with the other types. Accuracy, or the ability to create a grouping in a given space remains constant over distance as the bullets rez as far from your crosshair as they will ever be.

Conical

Perhaps the best compromise, and definitely the most realistic (and my personal favorite) is Conical spread. To imagine conical spread, think of a long cone with the tip at your crosshair. When a bullet fires, it travels a path whose deviation (the max determined by trigonometric limits) and gets further form the center over time.

This spread is able to tailor weapons to their purpose. For example, Machine Pistols would have a large spread, making them great for close-quarters, but give you little chance to hit something at range. By contrast, an assault rifle is pin-point at close rangers, but gives a slight spread over long distances, which can be useful to suppress and take out fast moving targets.

Conical spreads make the guns preform on a more focused level, but a weapon with a balanced conical spread (assault rifle) is a phenomenal all purpose weapon.

Conical spread can be either fixed or Random.

---Spread types on Ordo Automatic Weapons---

No Spread: Scar & Hellgun

Fixed Spread: Subjugator

Random Rez Offset: Occisor, Ultionis, Curor

Conical Spread: Negev, Spectre

out of everything in the armory, in my opinion, the most effective weapon is the SCAR-L... my only gripe about it is the lack of a conical spread... other than that, its a beautiful weapon, has never failed me during the times i have used it, which is rare since i do a lot of weapons production... :<

the occisor, ultionis, and mp5k have the conical spread... the cruor however, like the SS fury of saints, has a rez offset...