Dascede

Ordo Meeting - 20FEB10

~ORDO IMPERIALIS~

OFFICIAL DOCUMENT

<=====================Extend to this length=========================>

<===========================================================>

**********Meeting Report**********

NAME/RANK/DIVISION: Dascede Aluveaux | W-1; Triplicarius | Astra

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE: 20 February 2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT: General topics.

SUMMARY: Ordo gathers for discussion of recent issues, developments.

============================================================

CHAT LOG:

Meeting Opener

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: Good evening everyone. Thank you all for attending today’s meeting. We will make this as expedient, albeit thorough as possible.

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: As a reminder, please hold questions or comments until provided the opportunity to speak. Any interruption will be answered with a cordial dismissal from the gathering. When you are provided the opportunity to speak be sure to shout your comments or questions if you are not near the center: our note taker is centralized, so, she may not hear you otherwise.

Imperator’s Report

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: To begin, this week’s statistics:

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Members: 288. Cadets: 7.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Applications: 16. 4 approved. 12 denied.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: 10 offensive deploymenys. 49 defensive pings.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Deployments, too.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic events this week have been fairly interesting. The Anti-IS coalition seems to be rapidly loosing steam. Their assault patterns have dipped. Recently, the action by the anti-IS has been focused on the Alliance Navy. The intent to exploit the AN’s lighter defense is obvious. Thus far, efforts have been thwarted by the joint patrol of the Mercateers and Ordo.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Our operations have been varied, with intent to spread combat exposure among as many groups as possible. Command has largely avoided deployment on our usual targets—2142 and CS—with the hopes of allowing things to cool down a bit. We will be resuming frequent and large scale operations on them.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: On the CADUSC front: last weekend the Ordo was accused of theft by Vanguard command, Christoph Naumova. Naumova insisted that an Ordo member had stolen the Vanguard muzzle flash. The allegations were countered by the Ordo delegation during the bi-weekly Iron Symphony/CADUSC meetings. After a bout of research, it was found that . . . quite amusingly, Vanguard “stolen muzzle flashes” are actually our muzzle flashes, which were stolen by a Vanguard member months ago. The flashes in question were provided to us by Syl Kiranov of Seraphim Systems, the individual responsible for the creation of our Nemesis, Thanatos, Thantanemesis, Benelli Elite, Thunderhammer, Jetpack, and SCAR-L.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Naumova initially stated that the Vanguard member in question “copied the design, not the sculpt itself.” After the Ordo delegation demonstrated that the sculpt maps are identical (they were simply reuploaded by the Vanguard member in a compressed state), Naumova backpedaled, stating he would need to interrogate the Vanguard member to determine if “he was lied to.” The Ordo intends to press the issue. To add insult to injury, Naumova was wearing the stolen Ordo beret with a Vanguard logo at the time of the meeting. He saw nothing wrong with it, because “it isn’t issued.”

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: We uh, asked around, and were told that the beret is still issued. Sooo.

Divisional Reports

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

[18:06] Lestat Umarov raises hand

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Umarov, for Terra.

Terra

[18:07] Lestat Umarov: Pretty light week in general for Terra aside from the usual attacks and sim defense. Development has been the key highlight this week aside from training. Gonna jump right into unit reports.

[18:07] Lestat Umarov: From Keller for Invictus: "Another steady week of activity from the squad. A couple members have contributed some material and ideas for training, which hopefully will be kicking off in short order."

[18:07] Lestat Umarov: From Zerowinged for Antesignani: "Light week: two trainings preformed, two PRFs pending (don't kill me), and one slot open in the squad. Nothing else to report."

[18:07] Lestat Umarov: From Zrazor for Insidiae: "The Demolitions HUD is completed and, pending approval and related procedures from the Imperator, is ready for distribution. The crossbow build is also finished, and is awaiting animation and scripting, which should be completed within the next week or so. Uniform development is stalling a bit but this will become our top priority over the next two weeks or so. The squad still has two openings, applications are still being taken and can be found at http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/6895-insidiae-taking-applications/"

[18:08] Lestat Umarov: From Genesis for Cohors B: "This week has been a tad slower in some areas but activity has steadied out nicely. Few PRFs done this week so make sure you're bugging your command to get those done and get some points. To those few who may go inactive as we approach March break (Yay.) Please make sure you let your commanders know so they don't go looking for you. As always things for next week are looking up and a good amount of things to be done and fun to be had!"

[18:09] Lestat Umarov: From myself for the Adiutor Staff: "I may have mentioned this before but there is an opening on the staff. I won't be filling the position until the new doctrine is complete but keep an eye out on the forums. I'll be looking for a Junior NCO preferebly(E-4 to E-5) but will also consider other applicants. I spoke with the builder of the M62 Emancipator revolver and it should be done shortly if all goes well. Still waiting on the masks but I anticipate we'll have then soon as well."

[18:09] Lestat Umarov: This concludes my report for Terra. Any additional reports may be given at the discretion of the Imperator.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Next?

[18:10] Sosarin Demar raises his hand.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Demar.

Astra

[18:10] Sosarin Demar: Astra participation was good this week. We had some major aerial engagements in places such as 2142's Base. Also, we hosted a few training exercises this week, such as Kryo's 'capture the flag' exercise and Foxer's 'maze contest'. I thank everyone who attends such exercises as they are quite helpful. On top of that, training progressed well and I thank you all who were involved. Next week I hope to see more training progress and our flux of newer pilots get comfortable. That concludes this week's report for Astra.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Any additional reports?

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: All right. Moving on.

Old Business

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Any old business to bring up this evening?

[18:12] Intus Infinity raises hand.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Infinity.

[18:12] Intus Infinity: The past week has seen an increase in activity by 3.66%. 2578 visits, 21341 pageviews, and 426 different visitors. Most visites were from the US (1592), the UK (354), and Canada (326). Finland had 51 visits.

[18:13] Lupus Mielziner: *coughs*

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: Haha, thank you.

[18:13] Intus Infinity: *Finland isn't fourth place

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: Any other old business to bring up this evening?

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: Very well. Moving on to keynotes.

Keynote Topics

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: First up this evening. True to his word, the new Commandant of the IEA, Zero Itamae, has completed a comprehensive list of additions and revisions to the Schola curriculum. I expect to have them deployed within a couple of weeks. The changes are essentially a tune up to the existing routine, adding items of discussion that have found to be pertinent to the current Ordo practices.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: Along those lines, I would like to note I have made a selection for the position of Master of Exams. His primary role will be to assist me and the IEA director in keeping up with the promotion system. Josey Bingyi, congratulations there. As for the examinations themselves: Firefox is working on the back-end tables. As far as I am aware, they are nearing completion. As promised, promotions will progress regardless of the system’s status. I will not penalize individuals for work time difficulties.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: For those of you who have already submitted me letters and such: thank you. Keep them handy, so you can submit them to the server when it is up.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:18] Arokh Takakura raises a claw.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Takakura?

[18:18] Arokh Takakura shouts: Will the Schola changes include the proposed section about building off the line in the build-area?

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia writes it down.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: Wiiill now.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: Any other questions?

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Very good. Moving on.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: As a heads up, I would like to make everyone aware I will be somewhat scarce for the next couple of days and into next week. I have a couple major projects coming up that need my attention. It will be a fairly big crunch for me until March 7th. I will still be around, simply, probably a bit more inattentive and generally less available.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: However, that leads me into my next topic. As I mentioned a meeting or two ago, I have scheduled the entire week of March the 8th off. I will be using this time to sort of recuperate from all the school nonsense. During that week, I will be scheduling several major Ordo events.

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: Among which, you can expect multiple group wide training missions intended to utilize my stress test curriculum and “total war conditions.” We will also be utilizing the time to begin preliminary Praetorian trials. It is possible that an extended campaign may be launched, if time permits.

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: On the topic of Praetorian trials—I will be speaking with the Praefectus and Evocati Tretiak, after which we will begin taking the initial applications. Details will be posted within a couple of days.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Aaand finally, in regards to the March topic: as promised, I will be wrapping up any major project I am tasked to during that time off.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Moving right along, then.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Now for tonight’s public service announcement, heh!

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: We have been seeing a slight increase in CIR related incidents that I would consider in the “foolery” department. Although we’re hardly at some sort of epidemic level, as a little reminder, I want to underline the separation between “fun” and “foolery.”

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: The key element separating “fun” from “foolery” is the disruption element. Disruptive actions are foolery: they detract from the atmosphere and otherwise are detrimental to the group. Even if the intent of an action is to be “fun,” it is important to realize that a disruptive act means a lot more than a few minutes of goofing off for some folks—there are officers and Curia officials who could be spending hours of effort patching up (case work, incident reports, etc) whatever the disruption was.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: So, when it boils down to it, I have one very simple suggestion: give some forethought to an act you might feel “fun” before going for it. Think of the wider implications. Remember decisions and rules are in place for everyone, for the sake of everyone. If one person is not held accountable, it’s rather difficult to hold anyone accountable.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: Hokay.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: Next up for this evening:

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: I have hinted about this to a few officers, but I am going to go ahead and make it a public notion. Once we reach 300 members, I am going to begin ejecting individuals I consider to be “super inactive/chance of return improbable.” Let me put it this way: if you’re reading this (log or otherwise), you’re exempt from this intent. My hope is to slowly but surely shore up our active numbers, keeping the group at a relatively stable level numerically, while replacing inactive members “slots” with actives. Once I am satisfied with the sense of active numbers, I’ll allow the member level to progress beyond 300.

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: Questions there?

[18:29] Blaze Wiles raises paw

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Wiles?

[18:31] Blaze Wiles: just a general statement regarding that, if at that time you are aware of extrainiouse circumstances resulting in a members extended absesne (military deployment or such) would it be helpfull to let you know if it is not posted on the inactivity fourms already

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: And again . . I want to press: this will be aimed at dead weight, not anyone who has participated and simply finds themselves needing to take an extended leave.

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: Any other questions?

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: All right.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: On a final note from me today, I do want to recognize the newest generations to our group. I have to say that I am generally fairly impressed by a lot of you. There is a really great energy present—I can tell that several of you are probably future officers and important innovators.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: There are a lot of rising stars among the enlisted these days. That's really an important element for us.

Open Discussion

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: Floor open. Topics?

[18:34] Lestat Umarov raises hand

[18:34] Jayce Iredell raises his hand.

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Umarov?

[18:35] Lestat Umarov: For those that it pertains to the newly remade Crown of the Preserver is finished. I'm wearing a copy of the medal on my jacket.

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia nods.

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: .

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Iredell?

[18:36] Jayce Iredell: With regards to the blockade I noticed that the Merczateers have been responding to Kratus cries for assistance against Vanguard swarms. Did the Mercz lift their blockade or?

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: It's in a "trial" period. Has been for months.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Any other questions, comments, topics?

[18:37] BurrWolf Qin raises a paw

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Qin?

[18:38] BurrWolf Qin: I'd like to make the motion to bring Ordo into Star Trek Online.. theres a few members playing

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia laughs. "Uhh . . if anyone playing wishes to found a group, go for it. I doubt I'll ever."

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: Anything further?

[18:39] shippo Coba raises paw

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Coba?

[18:40] shippo Coba: I was wondering if it were possible to start an official clan for MW2 for the 360

[18:40] shippo Coba: for ordo.

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: I thiiink someone did.

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: But you're welcome to if you wish. Get Justice or Devastator on board. I know they play.

[18:41] shippo Coba: Thanks.

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: Welcome.

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: Anything else?

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Gray?

[18:42] Teron Gray: Hmm, /2'd that. On the note of diplomatic issues,has 2142 been approached about the.... unusual tactics used as of late?

[18:43] WolfShaman Warrior: [18:42] Teron Gray: Hmm, /2'd that. On the note of diplomatic issues,has 2142 been approached about the.... unusual tactics used as of late?

[18:43] WolfShaman Warrior: (relayed. He locked up)

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: That topic specifically did not arise, however I have been discussing relations with LordBob. Talks are going well. He wishes and does enjoy maintaining an amicable standard with the Ordo.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: Anything else?

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: Final opportunity.

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: All right then.

Promotions

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: Promotions and PRFs this weekend:

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: Recommendations were fairly light-ish. I added a few on my own volition for individuals I felt had earned their stripe. For the sake of reminding, I do enjoy recommendations for merit and promotion: send them to me at any time. I don't pretend I'm aware of everyone's good feats, so make me and your officers aware.

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: PRFs this week (if you're missing--see your unit lead--if they're slacking, see their boss):

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: Azoth Zsun

Crash Silverfall

Daiza Dowren

Heavy666 Bolden

Jayce Iredell + 1 unlock

Nohime Runner

Teron Gray + 1 unlock

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: Promotions/Merits:

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: Arc Vyper - [E-4]

Arokh Takakura - [E-4]

Kastrenzo Benelli - [E-5]

Kryo Recreant - [E-4]; [Good Conduct]; [Recruitment] +25 qp

Larry Furlough - [E-4]

Nohime Runner - [E-2]; [Combat Prowess] +25 qp

Nooj Balut - [E-4]

Ron Bleac - [Corona Argentum] +1 unlock

Shippo Coba - [E-2]

Wolfshaman Warrior - [E-7]

Zacharias Bardasch - [E-4]

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: (Have you ever noticed I tend to do certain ranks each week? Lol.)

[18:49] Nooj Balut: wha-

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: Congratulations.

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: For others: there's always next week.

Meeting Closer

[18:50] Aryte Vesperia: Aaand in closing: raid will be called up in a bit. So relog and do your thing. Thank you all for a good meeting. Dismissed!

[18:50] Aryte Vesperia clasps his fist to his chest, presenting a salute.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.