Clicky

Jayce Iredell

OnEngagement Reports.

A few weeks ago while running a search on the name of members in my century to try and figure out what combat they had been present for, I noticed something peculiar; they were not present. At first I though to myself that they simply had been missed int he report, but it happened to more than just one person, and then to myself. I began to wonder at this point, were people skipping or leaving out people, by accident or on purpose? Or were entire reports missing from the forum?

Tonight I got my answer, as an entire defense report for 2142 who attacked us for over an hour at least does not appear to be present. Some people might argue that Mercury has it stored, its chill right?

No its not chill.

Mercury can tell us who is on titan, but during the best large scale combat scenarios Mercury struggles just to function as a whole let alone provide accuracy. I don;t know if people are afk, playing another game, or just simply think passing the buck will get them out of work, but please, cease and desist.

Those reports are more important than you think, and sure they don't get you a merit or anything, but should someone need a reward to do something? Honestly lets just leave it at this, do the report. I am guilty sometimes of not stepping up, but we should all swallow our pride and just write them. (I mean they come with a template, how hard can it be to fill out?)

Just to add some reason why :-)

Unless lindens add a way to directly hook into a simulator to pull whatever data you want and not have to rely on lsl scripted objects, mercury will never be 100% accurate. It's all best effort and how accurate it is actually varies per sim release.

As someone who does PRFs, I'd like to assert that it makes my job much, much easier if I can find out simply by searching reports how many raids, defenses, and other such things the subject I'm reviewing has been on. If I go by forums alone as it stands now, I end up grading those under me unfairly and I'd rather not do that.