Kellervo

Cohors A Meeting - 14AUG10

~ORDO IMPERIALIS~

OFFICIAL DOCUMENT

<=====================Extend to this length=========================>

<===========================================================>

**********General Meeting Documentation**********

Name/Rank/Division: Keller Teichmann / P-2 / Terra / Praetorian Guard

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE: 14AUG2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT: Cohors A Meeting

============================================================

Meeting summary:

A meeting was held to introduce the new Cohors A CO, as well as his plans and ideas for the Cohors. Much talking and idea-pitching.

CHAT LOG:

[16:00] Keller Teichmann: I prefer using text. I ahve a wicked headache and 0 attention span when it comes to vent at the moment.

[16:00] Typhon Perun: Keller is on a text client.

[16:00] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Logging started.

[16:00] Keller Teichmann: But anyways... incoming copy-pasta.

[16:00] Jake Stoanes: NOT THE COPY PASTA!!!

[16:00] Jake Stoanes: D"

[16:00] Keller Teichmann: Alright, thank you all for coming. This is the first meeting of the Cohors A Command in some time - the only ones who probably remember the last one are myself, Zrazor, and Backer. That meeting took hours. Thankfully, there's a group meeting later today so we won't even approach the four hour mark. I plan on holding these meetings weekly - the time may be pushed around to accomodate Munitorum, but this was the earliest I could get a large portion of Cohors A together.

[16:01] Keller Teichmann: And Ron crashed. Wunderbar.

[16:01] Nikeo Fairlock: well we all know Ron is Finnish :P

[16:01] Jake Stoanes: EPIC WIN RON!

[16:01] Nikeo Fairlock: see what i did there :P

[16:01] Jake Stoanes: he probably just ran to get a kebab again

[16:01] Keller Teichmann: Anyways, as those whom have checked the forums (or their notices), there's been a substantial movement in Cohors A. Each of the squads has new COs or XOs - or even both - and I have been moved up into FireFox's old position, overseeing all three. I plan to be a bit more hands on then before in making sure each of the squads run at a high level of activity and ability.

[16:01] Typhon Perun: So Ron Crashes instead of Crash for a change...okay.

[16:02] Keller Teichmann: This'll follow the same pattern as the group meetings; I'll cover a topic, then ask for questions on it, and once I'm out of topics to cover, I'll take any other questions you have.

[16:02] Keller Teichmann: I only have three things to cover, so hopefully this doesn't take forever.

- - - - -

[16:03] Keller Teichmann: The first thing, perhaps the most pressing in some peoples' minds, is gear. It is one of the biggest perks to being a member of Cohors A - you have access to unique gear in the armory that noone else in the Enlisted/NCO bracket has access to.

[16:03] Keller Teichmann: I'm going to be changing things around a bit, with the aim to fall in line with the new unlock system being put in place, as well as with new Munitorum policies and regulations, on top of the feedback from the Munitorum surveys that have been sent out.

[16:04] Keller Teichmann: The new cap is still up for debate - it's something being worked out with Munitorum and the Imperator, but there are a couple changes to it. First, squad gear will only cover -infantry- based items; heavy gear such as tanks, artillery, and other tech will not be covered under this.

[16:04] Keller Teichmann: Secondly, a cycle will be implimented for the development of gear. It's a routine problem that one squad or another perceives itself as 'shanked' by Munitorum and given a lower priority then the others. This will mean that each squad will have a steady stream of gear, rather then getting it all in big clumps placed sporadically throughout the year.

[16:05] Keller Teichmann: Lastly, there's a new Munitorum policy on the role of the chain of command in gear development. For those whom haven't read it, in summary it requires that your CO, myself, Firefox, and Anlysia sign off on it before it's rolled out - preferably, before it's even developed. This ensures that the gear you do get is not only pretty, but useful. Even if it's not your unit's 'turn', I'll still be more then willing to read ideas and give feedback where necessary.

[16:05] Keller Teichmann: Any questions on gear?

[16:05] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Okay, I'm back

[16:06] Zrazor Rozenstrauch scrolls up

[16:06] Jake Stoanes raises hand

[16:06] Typhon Perun raises a hand.

[16:06] Keller Teichmann: Stones.

[16:06] Zerowinged Vasiliev raises hand.

[16:06] Nikeo Fairlock raises hand

[16:07] Jake Stoanes: In regards to the 3rd point, would it be possible to set up something on the forums for an alpha squad gear suggestion forum? Put in specifically for alpha squads and for Munitorium to look at? this way it can be suggested by people in the squads as well. So that Munitorium doesn't have to spend as much time thinking about what to make for each squad.

[16:07] Keller Teichmann: Well, there's a... very little used part of the Munitorum forum, "Requests".

[16:07] Keller Teichmann: Pretty sure you can make use of that, otherwise, there's the squad forums themselves.

[16:08] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: The problem with the Requests forum is it's rather clogged up with "HEY MAKE AN M14 *picture of a M14*"

[16:08] Keller Teichmann: I'll yell at Anly.

[16:08] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: So it might help to make some kind of official form to fill out, kind of like Curia approvals.

[16:09] Jake Stoanes: Yeah, with the alpha squad only idea, at least it will be specific to the alpha squads alone. And give Munitorium less to look over.

[16:09] Jake Stoanes: Plus, if nothing else, it will give them an overall idea of what the squad members are looking for

[16:09] Keller Teichmann: Aye, that's what the new approach to Muni approval is for, less work for them on paperwork so they can spend more building and scripting.

[16:09] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Give Alphas a separate section of Muni?

[16:09] Keller Teichmann: I can ask Anly and Intus about that.

Question :: Antesignani - On Tanks and such

[16:09] Keller Teichmann: Typhon?

[16:10] Typhon Perun: As for the tanks and artellry, I know this has been Antesignani's main thing for a long time to my knowledge. Any chance of some of that remaing as such?

[16:10] Jake Stoanes: lol "Alpha Munitorium. Best scripters and builders for the best fighters"

[16:10] Keller Teichmann: I am aware some people probably went ">:[" when I made that reference to tanks.

[16:10] Typhon Perun: I know it's likely a no though, still Antesignani's main role is firesupport from a distanace, artillery and tanks help fill that role.

[16:10] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Point made, after we fill the cap on gear, wouldn't that make the forum useless? Unless we need to change our role or add to the group pool?

[16:11] Jake Stoanes: It could then move to upgrades or if people agree on liking on piece of gear over something else, they could get rid of the other thing to replace it with the new, Zero. ((Sorry we're not on the same page as everyone else.))

[16:11] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Speaking of roles, it might be a good idea for the Alpha command to sit down and hammer out roles once and for all for each squad.

[16:12] Keller Teichmann: It is Ante's thing, yes, but as it is we already have six tanks, and the training for it is particularly rare and difficult to get through. At this moment I don't think there's a pressing need for a seventh tank. Perhaps once things are organized and the new command is settled in, I might relook it.

[16:12] Corsi Mousehold raises her hand about the matter at hand.

[16:12] Keller Teichmann: Corsi?

[16:13] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Personally I think Antesig should switch formats from an ambiguous "tanks/artillery" thing to power armor.

[16:14] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Already tried that, muni accepted the idea. . . Problem being "lolno designer"

[16:14] Keller Teichmann: Disembodied has a line of power armor on his 'to-do' list.

[16:14] Corsi Mousehold: A point of interest when it comes to tanks. And this may shock everyone when I say this. But Antesignani's role is Long Range Fire Support. Not 'The Armored Division' ... All three squads need the use of tanks in general. Invictus. YOu would be best suited for something like the Infensus. It's a rush up and SLAM tank. AN assault tank. Technically that is not along the lines of Antesignani's role.

[16:15] Corsi Mousehold: We have SIX tanks. Why not assign one of the tanks to each squad and .... go from there?

[16:15] Corsi Mousehold: No one is without. No one has to worry.

[16:15] Eriksson Foxtrot: I was thinking the APC would better fit the role, it's not the tank but its light and fast and carries troops. But hey.

[16:16] Jake Stoanes raises hand for the topic at hand

[16:16] Keller Teichmann: Tanks were never meant to be an Alpha-only sort of deal. They were initially conceived to be a general Terra pool that people could attend the academy and earn QP for, like any other unlockable gear.

[16:16] Corsi Mousehold: Exactly.

[16:16] Keller Teichmann: The problem is, the academy runs once in a blue moon.

[16:16] Keller Teichmann: Stones?

[16:16] Jake Stoanes: Keller, regarding the tanks and unlocks. Would it be possible to set them up so that no one can unlock them without special "training points" that they get after successful completion of training for the tank? This way we know the people using the tank know how to use it, and people don't need to get PRF's and such to get it unlocked.

[16:16] Typhon Perun raises ahand regarding the acadmy.

[16:17] Jake Stoanes: This will also cause more armor academy classes since people won't be able to even get the tank without training

[16:17] Keller Teichmann: Tanks are, far as I know, only handed out by Aryte and Tsume. The whole unlocking part, as well as the academy, are Inoue's / Itamae's jurisdiction. :<

[16:17] Keller Teichmann: Typh? (last one before I move onto ZW's question)

[16:17] Jake Stoanes: HOLY SHIT IT'S A BIG DRAGON ON THE TABLE

[16:17] Jake Stoanes: :x

[16:18] Zerowinged Vasiliev: [Disregard my question, already been answered.]

[16:18] Arokh Takakura: I'm just gonna sit here.

[16:18] Typhon Perun: I know I for one would like the tank academy to run more often, and considering how it is right now, I think it best if more magisters for that were appoirnted. I myself would not mind teaching it and I am sure others that are both Magisters and part of Antesignani might not mind teaching that either. AS it was my understanding it was to be a regular school for Terra, and not somethign only taught by one person which is how it looks now.

[16:18] Steeltael Lykin: that chair makes your butt look big.

[16:19] Eriksson Foxtrot: ((Keep on topic folks, this is a meeting.)

[16:19] Keller Teichmann: I'm honestly not sure what the deal with the academy is at the moment, but, 'tis not my jurisidiction. If you want to help out, you can try bugging Zero Itamae to see what's going on with the academy.

[16:19] Keller Teichmann: And siiiince ZW was already answered. Nikeo?

[16:20] Nikeo Fairlock: everything I was going to say, was answered. Thank you ^.^

[16:20] Keller Teichmann: Awesome.

[16:20] Typhon Perun: I'm part of the Ludi project this is all over, although my main part is getting the NCO-A off the ground, if he needs a volunteer to help get the tank part more active, I would not mind doing that either.

[16:20] Keller Teichmann nods.

[16:20] Jake Stoanes raises hand for one last question about the gear

[16:20] Keller Teichmann: Laaast one before I move on. Stones?

[16:21] Jake Stoanes: Alright so.... from observation i've been seeing that most of the gear being made for the alpha squads is banned in most places. This is probably due to our amazing use of the gear, but is it possible for Munitorium to have a copy of rules or something that the majority of sims don't allow with weapon use, so that weapons aren't made that can't be used anywhere outside of Titan?

[16:22] Jake Stoanes: weapons and gear*

[16:22] Keller Teichmann: That's part of the command's role in the new procedure - to make sure the stuff isn't going to get hammered right away.

[16:22] Zerowinged Vasiliev: I think that is why he is making the infantry only thing.

[16:22] Huttser Ishelwood: Tactica could always play a role in that

[16:22] Keller Teichmann: And on that note, Invictus' pods were (finally) unbanned from Base, so they're now legal in 3 sims. 8D

[16:22] Eriksson Foxtrot: Hi5!

[16:22] Arokh Takakura: The problem with that, jake, is that a lot of militaries, even if it is to their rules, will change their rules if it becomes a disadvantage to them.

[16:23] Arokh Takakura: SLAD and tanks for example.

[16:23] Keller Teichmann: What Arokh said, is pretty much exactly what happened to the drop pod.

[16:23] Nikeo Fairlock: Oh I got a question about gear..

[16:23] Keller Teichmann: We had a two-three week period where it was allowed everywhere, and we crushed everyone.

[16:23] Jake Stoanes: Yeah, I understand that completely. Which is why I am thinking they should have a set of rules so that it can be updated at the very least.

[16:23] Keller Teichmann: Nikeo?

[16:23] Huttser Ishelwood: He does have a point however. Tactica collects rule sets almost daily, we could pass them onto A Cohors command

[16:23] Corsi Mousehold: If you need to know if somethign is going to be banned somewhere. Ask Tactica.

[16:24] Nikeo Fairlock: The back pack thing,are squads going to be givin a role fitting one, or do we have to unlock them, and also if you could answers this what packs will be giving if giving to each squad.

[16:24] Keller Teichmann: From my understanding, backpacks will potentially replace jetpacks as Alpha unlocks.

[16:24] Keller Teichmann: Ante might have the Engie pack by default, for example.

[16:24] Steeltael Lykin raises paw

[16:25] Keller Teichmann: Insid could have the... whatever we're calling the dodgeroll.

[16:25] Corsi Mousehold: Invic ... Assult pack ..... Duh.

[16:25] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: That'd work nicely for us.

[16:25] Corsi Mousehold: I'l unlock it anyway

[16:25] Jake Stoanes: No, Assault is the dodgeroll

[16:25] Arokh Takakura: My backpack should be an APC.

[16:25] Keller Teichmann: And last question. Then I'll move on, any more gear stuff can wait until the end. Steel?

[16:25] Nrom Normandy: Assault would work for both insid and invictus

[16:25] Jake Stoanes: Dodgerolling is for the weak. :x

[16:25] Steeltael Lykin: right, There were three backpack types. Engineering, Assault..and?

[16:25] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Well, we don't have our specialized melee weapon anymore.

[16:25] Corsi Mousehold: Communications.

[16:25] Keller Teichmann: Communications. I'm not sure what that entails.

[16:26] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Wondering how much a dodgeroll would actually benefit Insidiae now.

[16:26] Jake Stoanes: Also, dodgerolling is risky with H7. From what I understand people are dodgerolling to death now too.

[16:26] Corsi Mousehold: Communications couild fit Ante's role too

[16:26] Huttser Ishelwood: Communications is limited arty and such I belive

[16:26] Corsi Mousehold: Laser designation/mortar

[16:26] Zerowinged Vasiliev: all of the packs would work, should be based off of preference =x

[16:26] Arc Vyper: Disembodied hoped Communications would be used for airstrie marking stuff.

[16:26] Eriksson Foxtrot: I see the Laser Designator used in Invictus some times.

[16:26] Arc Vyper: airstrike*

[16:27] Keller Teichmann: We'll see. Anyways, moving on from the fun topic to another one.

[16:27] Keller Teichmann: Next up is the Alpha requirements. Right now, they are fairly lax; E-3, 30 days clean Curia record. Nearly every grunt in the Ordo meets that requirement. I'll simply be stating two things here;

[16:27] Arokh Takakura: AC130?

[16:28] Typhon Perun: I can see this as a talk that might not end, like who gets laser designatores, and such...

- - - - -

[16:28] Keller Teichmann: Hence why we're moving on, we'll come back to it at the end.

[16:28] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Most of my recruitment has come down to a subjective take on potential members.

[16:28] Corsi Mousehold: We all just ran into the Invictus Channel on Vent.

[16:29] Keller Teichmann: Shhhh-

[16:29] Eriksson Foxtrot: On that note.

[16:29] Keller Teichmann: 1) I will not sign off on waiving someone through the prerequisites. For the former, while waiving candidates has in the past brought a couple good personnel into the squads, more often then not these special cases burn out fast and never live up to their perceived potential. As well, I would prefer it if new candidates or recruits are run past me, I will not veto any candidates, but merely offer a 'sober second thought' to help ensure that each candidate fits in with their squad.

[16:29] Eriksson Foxtrot: We need to password the channels.

[16:30] Arokh Takakura: There is no need to password the alpha channels.

[16:30] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Back on topic y'all, alpha requirements.

[16:30] Typhon Perun: Actually Arokh, there could be a need for that.

[16:30] Keller Teichmann: Oi. I'm talkin'. >:C

[16:30] Typhon Perun: Anyway that isn't meeting related.

[16:30] Keller Teichmann: 2) I will be implimenting another requirement - a consistent level of activity. Currently the number I'm toying with is 2 raids per week, minimum. Given the frequency of our raids (20+ for a few consecutive weeks), that should not be an issue. This is to ensure members of Alpha squads maintain the level of activity that often makes them good candidates, so that they are good Alphas.

[16:31] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: I have a minor problem with that.

[16:31] Keller Teichmann: Any questions on this part?

[16:31] Keller Teichmann: Z?

[16:31] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Well actually

[16:31] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Are we talking about participation in general raids by squad members, or squad raids?

[16:31] Keller Teichmann: General raids.

[16:32] Keller Teichmann: I know squad raids are comparatively much more difficult to hold, especially repeatedly in the span of a week.

[16:32] Keller Teichmann: This is more to ensure there isn't a guy sitting on your roster for two-three months with one raid to his name.

[16:33] Keller Teichmann: It'll also make those cases of Cohors C chaps coming back from the dead and going 'can I join I promise 2 be active' have to prove their newfound activity level before they get in.

[16:34] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: I think every squad has at least one of those

[16:34] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: And I think it's every squad leader's job to kick that guy out because he is a dink.

[16:34] Jake Stoanes raises hand

[16:34] Keller Teichmann nods.

[16:34] Keller Teichmann: Stones?

[16:35] Arokh Takakura raises a digit.

[16:35] Jake Stoanes: I think one of the things that should be upcoming is a more solid set up for booting people out of alpha squads as well. It is incredibly lenient from what I have seen. it is almost like once you get in, you're in until you decide to leave for the most part.

[16:35] Nrom Normandy raises a hand, too.

[16:35] Keller Teichmann: Pretty much. This gives the A Command a bit more leeway in dealing with those kinds of situations.

[16:35] Jake Stoanes: I believe that it would be beneficial to have a set of rules to follow in regards to making people leave if they drop below required time input, and things like that.

[16:35] Keller Teichmann: Arokh?

[16:36] MikeMurdock McMillan: Well i'm sorry ,but I need to get going. sorry folks. enjoy your meeting

[16:36] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Minimum activity levels only make sense to me

[16:36] Arokh Takakura: With regards to activity and raid participation. I hope we will be taking consideration towards those of us within european timezones, as we find it difficult to participate in raids other than those held by corsi against SLAD.

[16:37] Steeltael Lykin raises a paw

[16:37] Keller Teichmann: That will be your CO's call, I imagine. Like I said, I'm still toying with how to measure said activity. I know some are active within the squad without taking part in every other raid - either working on training, gear, discipline, or other areas.

[16:38] Keller Teichmann: Norm Norm?

[16:38] Nrom Normandy: As someone who is online most of the day, and will soon be going back to school, I see a problem with the raids issue. Is it only going to be offensive raids? What about defensive actions? Could this count in any regard? I have noticed a lot of raids happen after I already go to sleep, and often when I am online no raids occur simply because all enemy bases are empty. Maybe 4 defense activities or some combination of raid/offense?

[16:39] Keller Teichmann: I can see defensive actions probably counting towards it, yes.

[16:39] Typhon Perun: Either way we do it, it might be hard for me to do, consdiering my RL work schedule.

[16:39] Keller Teichmann: Steel?

[16:39] Steeltael Lykin: The activity levels do prove very problematic for our European friends as well as some of the other members who work or sleep during the peak or prime hours. Taking a look at the Opus Noctis group is good way to see some people who have spent tons of time on Titan or working on ordo related business. But havent been around to hit up many raids.

[16:40] Keller Teichmann nods.

[16:40] Steeltael Lykin: Specialized activities for off hours might be one way to help alleviate this. Such as mandatory training exercises for people on base at those times.

[16:40] Keller Teichmann: I'll keep this in mind when I work on this some more.

[16:40] Keller Teichmann: And holy crap, Ethan finally left the moonbase.

[16:41] Jake Stoanes: Steel get your knee out of mine. :<

[16:41] Arokh Takakura: ..

[16:41] Keller Teichmann: Actually, yes, I probably will look into that some more. Something will be worked out that'll be friendly to everyone - the main issue is people who get in the squads, stay active for a few weeks...

[16:42] Keller Teichmann: and then do nothing in the way of training/raiding/working on the squad.

[16:42] Keller Teichmann: But anyways... Any more questions before I move on to a not-so-fun topic?

[16:43] Jake Stoanes raises hand

[16:43] Keller Teichmann: Stones.

[16:43] Jake Stoanes: Is it possible to make the not-so-fun topic more fun? :P

[16:43] Jake Stoanes: jk

[16:43] Keller Teichmann: Unfortunately not really.

[16:43] Jake Stoanes: Actually, I think in regards to activity it should be based more monthly than weekly

[16:43] Arokh Takakura: It's tagged on my armour somehwere.

[16:43] Jake Stoanes: or at least bi-weekly

[16:44] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: I'm gonna go smoke a cigarette in preparation for not-so-fun topic, brb

[16:44] Jake Stoanes: this way people get the ability to miss a few raids

[16:44] Jake Stoanes: and still be maintained as active

[16:44] Arokh Takakura: The problem with that Jake, is monitoring.

[16:44] Maverick Garfield raises his hand...

[16:44] Keller Teichmann: Well, one week below the 'bar' wouldn't rule you out.

[16:44] Arokh Takakura: As it generates a lot more administration.

[16:44] Steeltael Lykin: As a CO for a B cohor. I rate activity based on participation within 1 week, 2 week, and 1 month periods.

[16:44] Keller Teichmann: PRF reports, and roster reports involve it. It's as simple as searching your name on the forums and counting.

[16:45] Keller Teichmann: Garfield? (last one before I move on)

[16:46] Maverick Garfield: So activity will go off days around not hours because I'm planning on working ten hour days soon.

[16:46] Maverick Garfield: I'll still be on everyday just not as long

[16:46] Jake Stoanes: It was going to be based off of raid count now, Mav.

[16:46] Keller Teichmann: Aye. I won't be expecting you to raid every day whilst turning out a new Handbook version.

[16:47] Maverick Garfield: all the raids are usualy when i'm at work...

[16:47] Keller Teichmann: Just that you're alive, well, and still contributing to your squad.

[16:47] Keller Teichmann: The raid count is just an idea - I'll likely make defensive ops and such count towards it as well.

[16:47] Maverick Garfield: so defenses would count too since are name would be added to the list

[16:47] Keller Teichmann: aye.

[16:47] Maverick Garfield: ah ok

[16:47] Maverick Garfield: Thank you

[16:48] Keller Teichmann: No problem.

- - - - -

[16:48] Keller Teichmann: And now that I've probably built up a feeling of dread, onto the last topic.

[16:48] Keller Teichmann: Rivalries, and squad relations.

[16:48] Keller Teichmann: There's a fine line between a healthy rivalry, and a dangerous one. In the past, Alpha squads have tended towards the latter - Zrazor and Backer can attest, more often then not back in the past the Alpha squads hated each other more then they hated the enemy. In the past, squads have been destroyed because of them - Cohorts and Fulminata.

[16:49] Mark Karlfeldt: i hate you all

[16:49] Zerowinged Vasiliev: ♥

[16:49] Keller Teichmann: </3

[16:49] Keller Teichmann: Under myself, Zero, and Zrazor, we strived to ensure that whatever rivalries existed were healthy ones. Unfortunately, recently they have once again begun to trend towards the unhealthy variety, which is partly why there's been such a shake-up in Cohors A's command structure. While my tasks as Cohors A CO cover many things, ensuring good chemistry, and more importantly, good morale, is my primary duty.

[16:49] Typhon Perun: Well you knwo what they say, you only love the ones you hate. So you must really love us Mark.

[16:49] Mark Karlfeldt: /

[16:50] Mark Karlfeldt: imagine how much I hate teron

[16:50] Keller Teichmann: As such, I highly encourage that when you do have an issue with a squad - follow the chain of command. Take it to your XO or CO, or if it involves another squad, take it to myself. I will not tolerate unhealthy competiton or bad attitudes - the previous COs worked their hardest to ensure the squads could work together, not just seperately.

[16:50] Keller Teichmann: Any questions?

[16:50] Corsi Mousehold raises her hand

[16:50] Keller Teichmann: Corsi.

[16:50] Zerowinged Vasiliev raises a hand.

[16:51] Nrom Normandy raises his hand, as well.

[16:52] Corsi Mousehold: I knew this topic was going to come up. Something just told me it would. So I had been thinking of how to come up with a way to create squad to squad cohesion. I had an idea for intersquad training raids. Talking to a few people the idea was liked but ... no follow through.

[16:52] Zerowinged Vasiliev points at Zrazor

[16:52] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: I've come up with a number of training scenarios that put alpha squads together.

[16:52] Corsi Mousehold: Why not have a forum topic for all three alpha squads...

[16:52] Corsi Mousehold: And then have the individual squads under it.

[16:53] Arokh Takakura raises a talon tentatively.

[16:53] Nikeo Fairlock: and I've talked to a few xo's and co's of other squads about said operations.. but, I never get a responce.

[16:53] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Might be nice to add a general Alpha Squad subforum to the Alpha section

[16:53] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: All I'm seeing are individual squad forums

[16:53] Corsi Mousehold: That ...... is what I said. :p

[16:53] Keller Teichmann: I can chase down Intus.

[16:53] Keller Teichmann: There's a forum for Cohors A Administratio, but not one for the general enlisted.

[16:53] Keller Teichmann: There's a forum for Cohors A Administratio, but not one for the general enlisted.

[16:53] Corsi Mousehold: We can start out there. And move on from there.

[16:54] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Thank you again fro bringing this up. Nothing else to comment on.

[16:54] Zerowinged Vasiliev: ♥

[16:55] Keller Teichmann: No problem. Normandy?

[16:55] Nrom Normandy: /The training raids are interesting, but it'd be great to just take all available alpha personnel and have us all work together to take over something like New Jessie. Sometimes this can be more effective than trying to arrange specified training to consider every alpha squad's contribution. Dividing the squad forums, yeah that can be a contributor as well. Instead of having separate squad forums, just have one alone so animosity doesn't fester in the individual forums.

[16:55] Arokh Takakura raises his claw higher.

[16:55] Nikeo Fairlock: Said operation can be used on new jessie..

[16:56] Keller Teichmann: ...a New Jessie beat-down, like old times. Perhaps we can put one together.

[16:56] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: No animosity in Insidiae anymore. I like to think I've bitchslapped that out of everyone.

[16:56] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Also New Jessie excursions are great.

[16:56] Keller Teichmann: Arokh?

[16:56] Typhon Perun: We do have Chronus as a alternative.

[16:56] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: It teaches people how to fight in an unregulated, unpredictable battlefield, and it doesn't take much effort on behalf of the squad CO to organize it.

[16:57] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Good for morale too because it generally ends in all the flags capped for Ordo even after VG catches wind of it and sends 30 people into the sim.

[16:57] Steeltael Lykin raises paw

[16:57] Jake Stoanes: I think the main objective should be to make the alpha squads begin rethinking of themselves as just soldiers in the Ordo Imperialis. I have seen a common feeling of above-human attitude in alpha squads. While I do feel that we have all earned, in some way or another, the right to be where we are, I think that over time our status has made us feel like we are working more for each other than for the Ordo Imperialis as a whole.

[16:57] Arokh Takakura: A lot of focus on combat related things here, but some mentions of my interest in all of this. Segregation, there's a lot of it going on. Different channels, requests for passwords in ventrilo, seperate forums all privatised away from one another. I'm not saying a total merger, but perhaps, more crossove between units, social get-togethers on a weekend just for fun and hanging out, getting to know your team-mates.

[16:58] Keller Teichmann: I would definitely encourage that. More squad interaction will definitely help things.

[16:58] Steeltael Lykin: On the subject of Chronus: Vincent and myself have been building it. I've had input on the design from Antesig and invictus, but I havent gotton any input from Insidiae members and would love to hold more training exercises there as we iron out balance issues & re-arrange it to mix things up more.

[16:58] Jake Stoanes: I think we should have a weekly blow each other up free for all. Just to take out any anger, put us all in chornus with nothing but a lot of weapons to a person and just say "shoot everything"

[16:59] Keller Teichmann: My only word of caution on joint-Alphas; Do not pitch squad versus squad.

[16:59] Arokh Takakura: That may have the opposite effect Jake.

[16:59] Eriksson Foxtrot: There could be disagreements to that Jake.

[16:59] Nikeo Fairlock: I can provide/ make a note card of the operation suggested by Zrazor and hand them out to everyone.

[16:59] Jake Stoanes: lol

[16:59] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Do not want squad vs. squad.

[16:59] Corsi Mousehold: I would honestly rather not fight at all amongst each other.

[16:59] Keller Teichmann: Zerowinged remembers what happened last time Invictus & Antesignani had a duel.

[16:59] Jake Stoanes: I am not saying squad v squad. I am saying free for all

[16:59] Arokh Takakura: What corsi said.

[16:59] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Recipe for disaster.

[16:59] Corsi Mousehold: That's what we're trying to stop with this topic

[16:59] Jake Stoanes: Everyone vs everyone

[16:59] Keller Teichmann: Teron too.

[16:59] Keller Teichmann: Not. Pretty.

[16:59] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: omg all-alpha free for all

[16:59] Eriksson Foxtrot: Things like, "Hah, Squad A beat Squads B and C" Just fuels the fire.

[16:59] Keller Teichmann: ^

[17:00] Arokh Takakura: No, even if it is just a DM.

[17:00] Arokh Takakura: it will generate ill-feeling for some of the more agitable lot, such as my self, I'll admit it.

[17:00] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: I do like the idea of alpha vs general populace

[17:00] Corsi Mousehold: Totally. We need to work together in all senses and stop the in fighting.

[17:00] Keller Teichmann: What exactly the squads do to get together more is up to them - if some guys feel like having a free-for-all in the killhouse, I'm fine with that.

[17:00] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: i.e. alpha squads stage an assault on Titan with general members defending

[17:00] Nrom Normandy: While team dm is cool and shows a lot of individual skill, anything related to alpha squads should focus on teamwork.

[17:01] Keller Teichmann: Precisely.

[17:02] Jake Stoanes: lol, i'm not even saying a death match. I am saying, just put everyone that wants in a sim with damage on for an hour and just let them shoot each other. No one wins, no one loses. Just get the chance to shoot as an individual rather than part of a squad

[17:02] Keller Teichmann: The more squad interaction we have, the better. As good as the squads are alone, they are that much better when all three are working together and complimenting each other's abilities with their own.

[17:02] Arokh Takakura: We have New jessie for that, Jake.

[17:02] Keller Teichmann: We have NJ, and the Killhouse.

[17:02] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: NJ and the killhouse are some pretty excellent assets.

[17:03] Keller Teichmann: Nothin' stopping people from going up to the house and having skirmishes to blow off steam. I know Invictus occasionally does it as a form of impromptu training.

[17:03] Arokh Takakura: Those things are best participated by the willing and volunteering, instead of mandatory training exercise.

[17:03] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Chronus is a pretty untapped resource I think.

[17:03] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: We could fill that thing with skybox training courses like a boss.

[17:03] Keller Teichmann: Once it's complete, Chronus will be great for it. Last I saw it looked like a good sim for combat.

[17:04] Keller Teichmann: ...and we somehow met the 1 hour mark I had for this meeting.

- - - - -

[17:04] Keller Teichmann: Anyways, now that I'm done my topics, does anyone have any other questions about the new Cohors A?

[17:04] Arokh Takakura raises claw.

[17:04] Aryte Vesperia: Please use the sim I spend 100 bucks a month on. ;_;

[17:04] Nikeo Fairlock: nope, sound straight forward

[17:04] Keller Teichmann: Arokh.

[17:04] Arokh Takakura: Bigger bunks?

[17:04] Steeltael Lykin raises paw

[17:05] Keller Teichmann: If your CO signs off on it, delivers the Munitorum Acquisition form to me in triplicate, I will see what I can do.

[17:05] Corsi Mousehold: We would have been but someone shut damage off.

[17:05] Eriksson Foxtrot: Aryte, I've seen a few of us use Chronus, we're getting excellent use of it for it being under rebuild. :>

[17:05] Keller Teichmann: I can turn it on in Chronus if you guys want to use it.

[17:05] Arokh Takakura coughs.

[17:05] Steeltael Lykin: Currently. The ground level of Chronus needs some heavy combat practice and a good workout as far as defendability and the such go. We want the ground level to be defendable but not untakable. And the only way I'l know what to change

[17:06] Steeltael Lykin: is if people get out there and blow each other to bits.

[17:06] Steeltael Lykin: Abuse it/ cheat.

[17:06] Steeltael Lykin: Show me where things are broken

[17:06] Keller Teichmann nods.

[17:07] Steeltael Lykin: I'd like to propose.

[17:07] Steeltael Lykin: During the next officers meeting. instead of training on Titan, we hold training on Chronus

[17:07] Eriksson Foxtrot: Both would be cool?

[17:08] Keller Teichmann: Aye. Chronus during officah meetings is a good idea.

[17:09] Keller Teichmann: And if people want to go get some quick pew-pew in before the meeting, Erebus has finally gone and done something to back up all the @#$! they talk.

[17:09] Nikeo Fairlock: LOL

[17:09] Nikeo Fairlock: they are sooo bad

[17:09] Arokh Takakura picks up his pulse-rifle.

[17:09] Nikeo Fairlock: LETS DO THIS

[17:09] Keller Teichmann: But anyways, if no one else has anything to add, I'm out of things to say and otherwise occupy your time with.

[17:09] Teron Gray: Cohors A roflstomp on them?

[17:09] Maverick Garfield: perfect time to have all three squads

[17:09] Keller Teichmann: I'll probably hold another Cohors A meeting weekly, or biweekly.

[17:10] Keller Teichmann: Dismissed.

[17:10] Keller Teichmann salutes!

[17:10] Vinnie Lei salutes. "Ich liebe es wenn ein plan funktioniert.."

[17:10] Eriksson Foxtrot salutes!

[17:10] Teron Gray salutes: "Palma ut Imperator."

[17:10] Jake Stoanes salutes. "In nomine Imperatoris pugno"

[17:10] Maverick Garfield salutes. Ubi Concordia ibi Victoria

[17:10] Huttser Ishelwood: /slaute

[17:10] Nikeo Fairlock salutes!

[17:10] Steeltael Lykin: Keller, do we remove the new UCA beforegoing to NJ?

[17:10] Zrazor Rozenstrauch salutes. "Sieg im Namen des Imperator."

[17:10] Huttser Ishelwood salutes crisply "For Ordo and Imperator!"

[17:10] Typhon Perun salutes, "Ave o Imperador, bebê."

Post meeting summary:

Meeting notes:

===========================================================

>General Meeting Documentation-V.2 Revision MAY2010

***END OF REPORT***

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.