Clicky

Aryte

Poll: Promotion Exams

Poll: Promotion Exams  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you take promotion exams? :]

• Yes: I complete them as soon as possible--I am actively seeking promotion.
    • Yes: I complete them from time to time--promotions are nice, but I am not actively seeking them.
    • No, I do not take them because I do not care to be promoted.
    • What is a promotion exam?

The reason I want promotions and do the promotion exams is so that I can take on roles that require rank. I would love to lead raids and (Combat) trainings and do more for the group, but many of those things, such as leading raids, I can't do until I am at least NCO.

Edited by Acheron Gloom

All that serves to do is slow down people who might have the skill that their next rank requires, but they aren't one for paperwork.

If someone doesn't wish to do paperwork, then they may not want to seek a higher rank. The higher you go up in the chain, the more responsibility you have. Unfortunately, that also requires bureaucracy and therefore paperwork. Skill is great, but part of the responsibility of people who have rank is making sure the paperwork is done as it is part of the position of authority. If doing an exam which features information that is useful for someone in a leadership position is too much hardship for them, then perhaps they should be slowed down in their advancement since the work load that will be expected of them would overwhelm them as they advance?

If someone doesn't wish to do paperwork, then they may not want to seek a higher rank. The higher you go up in the chain, the more responsibility you have. Unfortunately, that also requires bureaucracy and therefore paperwork. Skill is great, but part of the responsibility of people who have rank is making sure the paperwork is done as it is part of the position of authority. If doing an exam which features information that is useful for someone in a leadership position is too much hardship for them, then perhaps they should be slowed down in their advancement since the work load that will be expected of them would overwhelm them as they advance?

Yep. I was actually kind of arguing both sides there, so I erased all of it and just put my reason for doing the exams.

The reason I want promotions and do the promotion exams is so that I can take on roles that require rank. I would love to lead raids and (Combat) trainings and do more for the group, but many of those things, such as leading raids, I can't do until I am at least NCO.

Yeah thats pretty much the same as me. I don't really enjoy doing them that much, but i like the idea of them and think they are useful and a good preperation for the following rank.