Clicky

Mickel Reed

Generic OpFor Dude Uniform

I was going over some poster ideas in my head when I realised I'd need someone (or myself) to pose as a "generic attacker" and I realised that apart for my Ordo gear and my previous army gear (which I obviously can't use for that role) I don't seem to have any military looking gear above the level of absolute crap that looks like I made it myself.

Are any of you guys sitting on some tacticool looking freebies that'd look good on mister generic-guy-that-gets-owned? A tacticool vest/harness thing would really help, and I'm gonna see what I have in terms of camo and/or tacticool black clothes. Oh, and a colourful beret would really help too. Or a helmet. Hmm.

I'm gonna go dig through my freebies. I should be okay for guns, I picked up some in NJ.

Op For Fred should have tattoos, an obnoxiously long cigar, gold jewelry splayed across his chest on top of his combat armor, and of course sunglasses. He should have a dark tan, a neck larger than his head, and biceps larger than an NFL center's thighs.

I think you can find most of that free, or for relative cost. Op For Fred doesn't want to spend a lot of money on SL, so most of his stuff is freebies.

Ooh, now he has a name too!

When I get an OpFor Fred outfit together I'll have to put it all in a box in case we need extras for making movies. Picture a big battle scene between Milites Bobs on one side and OpFor Freds on the other, laser bolts cleaving the air...

Milites Bob is easy for you all to recreate. I just put on the BDU and the Male Rocker skin, shape and eyebrows, but without the hair. He looks tough, tanned, and militaristic, just like Milites Bob should. Though I think some of the other Library shapes and skins should work fine, if you want to make your own interpretation of Bob.

Now imagine thirty or so OpFor Fred advancing toward the base, Aryte standing on the balcony (after we build the balcony) pointing dramatically (seriously, he needs a balcony) and lots of Milites Bobs running out, forming a gunline, with drop pods streaking down from the sky...