Dascede

Ordo Meeting - 09OCT10

~ORDO IMPERIALIS~

OFFICIAL DOCUMENT

<=====================Extend to this length=========================>

<===========================================================>

**********Meeting Report**********

NAME/RANK/DIVISION: Dascede Aluveaux | E-4; Tesserarius | Astra

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE: 08 October 2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT: Weekly topics

SUMMARY: Gear updates, diplomacy, etc.

============================================================

CHAT LOG:

Meeting Opener

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia shouts: Obligatory starter, as always: welcome to this week’s meeting. Per the norm, please be certain to hold all questions and comments until provided the opportunity to speak. Interruptions will result in dismissal from the gathering. When you are provided the chance to speak, be sure to /shout/ your comments or questions—otherwise the recorder may not hear you. Thank you: let’s get to it.

Imperator's Report

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics:

Members: 308 (Super inactive folks being weeded ~ clipclip.)

Cadets: 3

Applications

New: 17

Accepted: 1

Denied: 12

Review: 4

Combat

Defensive: 75

Offensive: 14

Allied Assist: 1

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic occurrences this week . . . gosh, did anything even happen? Seems like a pretty calm period for the wonderful world of the military community. Some development with Zagan looking to join the Symphony as a hostile combat group—otherwise, there really is this eerie silence. That’s well and dandy: it is a great opportunity for the Ordo and the Symphony to wade out there and stir up some fun.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: It should be noted there has been a lot of transition over the community in general. CS has received a fairly dramatic blow from the Zagan break away, VAC/Furian Empire closed its doors after stagnation (although pledged another return), and EE went back/forth as a hostile-neutral party on account of some member actions. To clarify: EE is now neutral once more, after EE high command ejected Nad Warrior and demoted another individual for trying to start something with the Ordo.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Now, that brings me right into another topic: why not let combat go forward with EE and just call it a day? Honestly, I really do not want to risk stomping out what flame EE has—friend or foe, we want to grow the size of the community. When EE is ready, maybe we can start sparring. But at this point we have spent several months being their major supporter: to reverse that and go “all right, you’ve made us mad . . . bring on the waves of infantry,” could be more detrimental then combatively fun.

Divisional Reports

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

[18:06] FireFox Breed rises paw for terra

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Breed.

Terra

[18:07] FireFox Breed: From Teron for Antesignani: Members active in Titan Defense and abroad, with a squad training and meeting conducted despite 2142's interference this week. Miss Mousehold has elected to step down from her position within the squad but instead serve in a trainer capacity; the Squad as a whole would like to formally thank her for her services in her duty. Mr. Takakakura has then been appointed as XO of the squad, congradulations to him on his new position and thank you for stepping up. XCR and MGL are still pending, no update there.

[18:07] FireFox Breed: From Eriksson for Invictus: Another quiet, but overall active week for most. Members of Invictus actively participated on numerous raids and defensive operations. We were allowed the opportunity to use the drop pods during the 2142 defensive operation in Titan, not much queuing and overall great fun for all. We've also recently inducted a new individual to the squad: Timbo Blachere. Hopefully in the coming week we'll be able to thoroughly drop pod test Chronus and melt the snow on landing. Looking ahead next week to plan a few trainings and raids with the other squads as well!

[18:07] FireFox Breed: From Zrazor for Insidiae: With the recruitment of Winterz Silverfall, Insidiae is happy to report that its roster is completely full. Other than that, a fairly quiet week for the squad.

[18:08] FireFox Breed: From Thatguy for Cohors B: More activity, as well as less activity. Cohors B will be having a meeting for the B staff, we'll be hammering out things as well as discussing small changes that will occur for the betterment of Cohors B. GETTING THIS TRAIN ON THE RUN, BITCHES. :]

[18:08] FireFox Breed: And I like pie. That is all.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Next?

[18:10] Agares Tretiak raises his hand.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Tretiak?

Praetorian Guard

[18:11] Agares Tretiak: The Praetorian Guard is looking to improve it's infantry tactics with higher organization in raids and will likely hold a wide range of training exercies and raids following this new model, including non-Praetorian personnel in these exercises.

[18:11] Agares Tretiak: That's about all, sir.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

Astra

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Astra representative present?

[18:11] Ethan Schuman raises his hand.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Schuman.

[18:12] Ethan Schuman: (JUST got here)

[18:12] Ethan Schuman: I'd like to start off by apologizing for the briefness of this report. As of late, Astra has had some personnel shakeups. Numinous Foxdale has moved into Aeternus, vacating the spot of Apostles XO. I've talked with Wolf about it, and I think we agree on the replacement. I have to run it Aryte for officiality, however. Secondly, I'd like to offer a welcome to Triplicarius Nrom Normandy. We are happy to have such a dedicated and talented individual with us, and I know you will go far. (He's OURS! Sucks to be you, Terra! Hahaha!) Third, I'm back from vacation, and finally have my new PC, so I will be personally taking out more Astra combat expeditions, even if we have to walk. The state of air combat in the community is far from what I'd like to see it in, but we'll continue to improve ourselves and our air combat skills regardless. In other news, our individual members have been taking on new projects. Training has been hosted, a new maze is awaiting approval, and (cross your fingers) we MAY have a new Astra

[18:12] Ethan Schuman: builder. Wow. Had to start a new line for just one word. This concludes Astra's report for this week.

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: He sure to sent Numinous some congratulation spam. Their daughter was born .. last night, I believe.

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: Be, rather.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: Any additional reports?

Tactica

[18:14] Corsi Mousehold raises her hand.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: Mousehold.

[18:15] Corsi Mousehold: For Tactica: Highly active and productive day this week for Tactica. As a note I want to thank everyone on the team for the hard work and dedication they are putting in this past week and over the next two weeks. The reason for this is that all reports have been assigned so there are no more reports waiting for assignment. Over the next two weeks, most of these reports should be completed. This week,updated are SLAD and Sturmkorps, while new reports have been added for WAW, AUL, and K-Brigade. Tactica is reporting a new military on the grid, Section South East, located in the sim of Savory. They are open for combat and are made up of members that have left Raven Raiders. As a note, these were some of their most active people so this may be the end for RR as their activity gets nuked.

[18:15] Corsi Mousehold: BSM closed and are back open again, Walter is seriously thinking about a reconfigure of their objectives. Recent raids have had their members complaing about dying in their spawns because of the current placement being 20 meters away. At present, only five bases are closed for rebuild, unlike the summer where it seemed everyone took the summer vacation to rebuild. I think we are just waiting on a raid to finish up the 2142 report. In a nutshell, Tactica is in the best position we have been in for a long time. And last but not least, Welcoming Kithsuneca, Tsukiyomi, Winterz, and Johann to the team. Johann will be filling the Astra position and notating reports with tactics for Aircraft in various sims around the grid. We like popcorn. This concludes the report for Tactica.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: Annny last reports?

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: Super. Moving on.

Keynote Topics

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: > Disembodied Update / Update in General on Gear Stuff

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Hand (awkward name) had some unforeseen circumstances this week on account of . . . stuff. He should be back in action shortly and continuing work on secret Titan projects of great justice and epic proportions.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Otherwise, let us run over the gear stuff that has been sitting on the production table. Communications Pack has been released and has seen a ton of use over this week—it is likely that it will be updated (Tsume is not aware of this lol; he is now if he is reading) to make it a tad more lethal. As in: the artillery strike will not be on position, but be based upon a thrown smoke grenade to call it down. There may also be some changes to the cool downs. The current limits sounded pretty awesome on paper. But in practice it has made the pack pretty lamesauce. Or. Well. Not as cool as it should be.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: The Engineering Pack is still waiting patiently on a couple of models to be added inside. Scripting wise, however, it is pretty much done. Ditto with the Assault Pack.

[18:19] Tsume Xiao: >:(

[18:20] Tsume Xiao: THIS IS WHY WE TEST EXTENSIVELY Dx

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Shh

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Our new mortar is rough modeled and coming along nicely (as I prod Keller regularly). Still eyeing . . . or rather, definitely going to be replacing the Adjudicator model and function with something not from 2006.

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: > Promotion Minimum System Paper Portions

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: This week has essentially been a blur for me. Massive amounts of overtime and all that fun corporate junk. However, with what time I scraped up between passing out every night, I have largely compiled all the paper stuff needed to change around the promotion minimums.

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: God willing, the full walkthrough will be updated this weekend and posted on the forums for your viewing pleasure. Server wise may take a bit longer, dependent upon how often I can pester Firefox and spellcheck his additions.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: It has shaped up pretty nicely, however. Incorporating some of the cool writings that members have tossed around over the forums as of late and making it a lot more linear. Gone will be the days of arbitrariness. Rejoice.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: > Chronus

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Next up: major kudos to Steeltael Lykin for strong arming a friend of his (Kelem..vor?) to do some work on Chronus. The build is actually pretty neat and . . . basically, almost, if not already finished.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: We will totally be rockin’ that sim for smaller scale combat and routine practice. Perhaps we will even give Steeltael Lykin a little hat and call him governor of Chronus.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Probably not, but he can dream.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Goin’ forward, we will try to make use of the region as often as possible and develop some standardized expectations specific to the sim to keep it enjoyable.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: When it is open, I would highly encourage unit leads and the likes to use it. A lot. Because we are paying for it. And it is cool.

[18:26] Agares Tretiak: (Very cool)

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Questions thus far?

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: Hokay.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: > Raid Progam Stuff

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: "Phase two" of the whole class dealio has began -- if you've not finished part one, no sweat. You've plenty of time. I'll continue poking people as I see them and start runnin' them through the series. Kudos to Acheron to being the first to hammer out part two.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: If I finish everyone's part two and you still haven't finished part one, then you . . well, that shouldn't be humanly possible at the speed this is going. So, get part one done before everyone else finishes their part two.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: > Script Time and You

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia rubs his hands together. "Ho-boy. It's that time of the year again. Time for the annual script hunt."

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: What does that entail? A period of a lot of focus upon making things as efficient as we can manage. That means a couple o' things:

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: Prune your avatars, please. Human, furry, whatever you are-- please create a seperate version of yourself for use in the Ordo. This will include me. As I will be .. suffering as I try to rip scripts out of my fifty copies of myself.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: Every bit helps when you're talking on a scale of fifty folks on a region! So even prune inactive scripts. For example, if you have moveable ears and opt to turn that feature off: turn it off, then rip the script out.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: Click-able things, typing overriders (;_; turned mine off and detached the HUD, emoemo), expression controllers-- all of that sort of stuff.

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Also~ be sure to keep up to date with all your gear. Especially critical changes, like the merit grid we re-released a couple days ago.

[18:36] Ethan Schuman raises his hand.

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: Schuman?

[18:37] Ethan Schuman: Something I've been tossing around in my head is an optimized version of "common" scripts. A bare minimum AO, for instance, would save some resources. Alternatively, we could probably trim our HUD down a bit too if we wanted (and if Syl doesn't angryface and murder whoever asks).

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia nodnods.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Annnyone else?

[18:39] Tenyth Hirano raises hand.

[18:39] Steeltael Lykin raises paw.

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: Hirano?

[18:39] Zerowinged Vasiliev raises his hand.

[18:40] Tenyth Hirano: Building a bit more on the HUD, as in CS, I'm sure a lot of you guys are aware of that monstrosity I had made to spam the ordo HUD. one thing we could do, is possibly add a couple of filters inside the hud, checking if the /1 is actually an avatar and not in the same group as you.

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia nodnods.

[18:40] Tenyth Hirano: that's all for me.

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: Thanks.

[18:40] Zerowinged Vasiliev lowers hand

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: Lykin?

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: Lykin?

[18:41] Steeltael Lykin: Not relating to the Scripting, But to Chronus. Chronus is a two level, or checkpoint build. The ground level is 95% complete with only a few minor additions, And scripting required. The second level, which is a complex. with a bit more of a CQC feel has just begun construction. The ground level however should be available for regular training exercises. I encourage them because I need input on abuses. I'm currently writing the ruleset that goes with this sim as wel. and your input is appreciated.

[18:42] Tsume Xiao raises hand

[18:42] Steeltael Lykin: That is all. Spam me with inquiries

[18:44] Tsume Xiao: Is there a reason we really even need the channel 1 listener? If we still do for some reason, then at least it should be made toggleable. The Idea for filtering it may just defeat the purpose of it, if there is a defined purpose.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: It's a throwback to old HUD. Like.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: The grappling hook.

[18:45] Tsume Xiao: But the grappling hook has an actual function.

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: About a smuch as the /1 listener does. Since grappling hooks are banned. Everywhere.

[18:45] Corsi Mousehold raises her hand.

[18:46] Zrazor Rozenstrauch raises hand

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: Mousehold?

[18:46] Liam Macalroy raises his paw for a supershort side comment about the grappling hook

[18:47] Corsi Mousehold: Not sure how we got onto the HUD but ... with the grapple could it be keyed to C toggleable so we stop shooting ourselves accidentally? :p

[18:48] Tsume Xiao: That would conflict with so many items...

[18:48] Tsume Xiao: c.c

[18:48] Corsi Mousehold: Okay then Gesturebound.

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: Grappling hook is likely going to go away.

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: Rozenstrauch?

[18:48] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: I find the channel 1 listener handy because it gives me feedback on channel 1 commands like reloading and such. It's absolutely useful.

[18:48] Wulf Lykin: /mecrys

[18:48] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Furthermore, the grappling hook is useful -outside of combat.

[18:49] Liam Macalroy: I wanted to say that they may be banned everywhere, but for those of us who don't have jetpacks or boostpacks yet, they're really helpful to get to places you otherwise can't without some sort of use.

[18:49] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Just for navigating around thebase more quickly and such.

[18:49] Liam Macalroy: ^ This too

[18:49] Marc Gravois: .

[18:49] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: I'd vote to keep both.

[18:50] Typhon Perun: If I might interject there was one sim we raided where the grapple came in very handy, while I forgot the name of the sim, the build was a large oil rig.

[18:50] Corsi Mousehold: IX Legion and they banned the grapple after that raid.

[18:50] Typhon Perun: Awwww

[18:50] Tsume Xiao: The base can be navigated by either goto or the teleport syste, HOWEVER, the teleport to and from teh build zone is messed up because of the no entry parcel., which blocks the teleporter movement.

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: Orderly commentary.

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: Anything else?

[18:52] Maverick Garfield: The barricades don't really do the job their designed for either,

[18:52] Maverick Garfield: but they do make good choke points

[18:53] Liam Macalroy raises his paw "I'd like to agree with the Barricades, they could be done away with, we only really use them for prim jumping now.."

[18:53] Acheron Gloom: The barricades have saved my life plenty of times

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: They really don't generate any latency.

[18:53] Acheron Gloom: and we can always improve them.

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: Anywho. Movin' on.

[18:53] Crash Silverfall raises hand for an adding to the hud.

[18:53] Crash Silverfall: nv m

Meeting Closer

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: Combat this evening. We haven't done something crazy in a while, so I will probably host a musket raid.

[18:55] Tsume Xiao: If only our Nagants were ready :O

[18:55] Crash Silverfall raises hand.

[18:55] Tsume Xiao: Sorry everyone :<

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: No more out of turn commentary, thank you.

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: Promotions:

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: Posted .. this eeevening. Or tomorrow morning. Totally tricked Huttser into think I'd finished them.

[18:56] Huttser Ishelwood: >:[

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: Mwa-ha-ha~

[18:56] Liam Macalroy: >.>

[18:56] Huttser Ishelwood: TERON, PRF please

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: Reboot and such now. We'll be rockin' some muskets and bad accents in the next fifteen.

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: Dismissed.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.