Clicky

Agares Tretiak

Praetorian Guard Candidate Trials

I will be without power for a good chunk of the day tomorrow (Friday), Edison is working on the power-lines. As such I will likely miss C block, but may potentially catch D or E. Power can be out until 1800 SLT but last time they did this it came back early afternoon, hopefully that will be the case.

A block will not have anything to do today, sadly. I will however, help them tomorrow. I'm hoping each candidate will contact me individually so I can begin the panel interview process. There may well be Praetorians, Curia, AiR present. (Hopefully, Aryte might send me a couple questions to ask for him).

Please delete the two previous posts by myself.

We are currently conducting interviews: Due to the continued issues with my connection, interviews may well be conducted without my presence. You will be contacted by availability, for your interview, so being present will make sure you get interviewed sooner! :D

(In case we're still doing E-block training tomorrow)

Tomorrow, Monday the 28th I will not be present for E-block as I'll be at my parents house, working on putting the final touches of making Ordo Gear available.

Belay my last: Today's plans have fallen through so Teron and myself will be free in the afternoon as usual.

After considerable debate and discussion and continuously narrowing down the list, the Praetorian Guard has decided to expand it's numbers considerably, and has reached consensus on who the new initiates will be. This was definitely one of the most difficult votes we've ever held, with a lot of discussion and in-depth examination of each candidate: All candidates should feel proud of their work in the Trials, you're a credit to the Ordo Imperialis and I know the Imperator can barely contain how giddy (nigh giggling) he was to see this mean qualified people try out for the Guard!

Without further delay, the new Praetorian Initiates:

Morh Giffen

BurrWolf Qin

Scarlet Flaks

Kishoshima Dragonash

Stirn Aurotharius

Afevis Sodertelge

Thatguy Andel

Pr0wer Miles

Please congratulate each of them for a job well done!

But wait, that's not all. Given the number of Praetorian Candidates and their qualifications, we decided to create a dedication Auxiliary unit to help support the Guard in its duties. What is the Auxiliary you say? Well, I wrote this up to help explain how it'll work:

Praetorian Guard Auxiliary

Official Memo - Do Not Redistribute

Author: Agares Tretiak, Lord Praefectus of the Praetorian Guard

Purpose:

The main question that may come to mind for anyone regarding this memo would be

'Why make an Auxiliary to the Praetorian Guard?'

To answer shortly, the Praetorian Guard is a growing internal organization of the Ordo with a broad mandate and field of abilities. Because of that, a dedicated support group of qualified volunteers is now needed to help fulfill it's tasks, which may range from equipment projects to internal development projects, or individuals particularly qualified to operate alongside the Guard in combat.

The longer answer is much like the one above: The Guard needs a support unit to assist it and maintain it's duties. While none of the Auxiliary are Praetorians in terms of authority, and not held to quite the same standards on fronts as a Praetorian, they will often and almost exclusively be drawn from the ranks of the Candidates who've shown particular promise as potential Guardsmen or who have opted to serve rather in the role of the Auxiliary, than take the full pledge of service a Guardsman must.

To that end, the Auxiliary will be trained to the same standards of combat skill and tactical expertise as the rest of the Guard, helping ensure that there are replacements for blank spots on Praetorian raids and training sessions, as well as people who can help train the rest of the Ordo or educate them, on the Guards method of operating with fireteams. Furthermore, it means there are uniquely skilled, dedicated individuals that the Guard can turn to and rely upon to help augment and improve various projects the Guard may embark upon. It also means it will allow the Guard to help develop promising candidates further and improve possible weak areas of performance. Being in the Auxiliary does not assure one of a position in the Guard at any time, but it can certainly help.

Finally, it permits the Guard to move retired members of the Guard into a role that is less intensive and demanding, while permitting them a useful position in close proximity to the Guard. Former Guardsmen could join the Auxiliary without the expectations of activity that a normal Praetorian would have, or work more directly as an officer in a given division, without having to split as much of their time and effort between the two roles.

Organization and Recruitment

How does one join the Praetorian Guard Auxiliary?

Generally, joining the Auxiliary takes three things: Absolute, unshakeable dedication to the Ordo, a set of useful, unique skills that the Guard might make use of, and being asked to join by the Praetorian Guard.

More specifically, most of the Auxiliary will likely be made up of Praetorian Trial Candidates, very skilled people in a specific area of expertise, and Ex-Praetorians who want to take on a less intensive role. No one is directly barred membership, based on this criteria, just as no one is guaranteed a position in the Auxiliary, either. A member of the Auxiliary is a volunteer who is also asked if they wish to join. They are free to join if asked, in other words.

It is not really an obligation, but rather an opportunity.

The Auxiliary will have three ranks in addition to overseeing, standing members of the Praetorian Guard: Acolytes, Auxilia, and Honored Veterans.

Acolytes: Members of the Auxiliary who do not wish to participate in combat of any form, but would rather support the Guard in a non-combatant role. Acolytes might also include individuals who are dedicated to serving the Guard, but have no interest in ever joining it at any point.

Auxilia: Members of the Auxiliary who can be relied upon to operate on par with the Guard in combat, and fulfill other assigned duties. Auxilia will also include anyone who wishes to pursue a future in the Guard after a Trials, and desires direct training and guidance from the Praetorian Guard.

Honored Veterans: Only ex-members of the Guard may join this particular rank. Generally a few Honored Veterans will be asked to operate as liaisons, diplomats, or special adjutants working alongside the Praetorian Guard, which is at the sole discretion of the Praefectus and Imperator.

Conduct and Expectations

Acolytes are generally not held to very specific activity requirements, though all members will be held to a fairly high standard of public decorum. For instance, numerous CiRs will likely result in removal from the Auxiliary. Auxilia will be more closely monitored than the other two positions, as they will likely be seeking placement into the Guard at some point in the future, are trying to match Guard expectations in other ways.

The Auxiliary will not have access to the Praetorian Uniform or its access to the full arsenal of the Ordo Imperialis. Honored Veterans are only permitted to wear their old uniform when at a designated honor guard duty or specific Praetorian ceremonies.

Auxiliary members should never flaunt their privileges, but rather accept them with due humility and severity.

Auxiliary members will be permitted to wear a special badge to denote their service as a member of the Auxiliary.

Beyond that, the Auxiliary do not have any enumerated rights or privileges and unless denoted by the Praefectus or Imperator, are not representatives or spokespeople of the Praetorian Guard. Any Auxiliary member who attempts to do so without any basis will be immediately removed and barred from future participation with the Guard.

Those candidates who feel a desire to serve in the Auxiliary will need to contact me so we can discuss the issue further. Non-Candidates will need to wait a bit longer, before we contact possible members. Thank you, everyone who participated and for your patience!

The Praetorian Guard Candidacy Trials are now over for this year.

Easily the most difficult selection I have ever had to wade through. It is rare that I permit an expansion of the Guard-- but it was all too necessary in this case. For individuals who were applicants but deemed more support elements, the Auxiliary will be propositioning you for membership in the future. So, as Huttser said:

Well bloody done to you all!